PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Ju-Ho?

sribb43
03-26-2008, 09:57 AM
just last season Juwan Howard was a very serviceable backup for Houston when Yao broke his leg..now all of a sudden he is a complete spare. I think it has to do more with Avery than Ju-Ho dropping off that much since last season. He avg. 10pts 6 rebs in 27 minutes in 06-07

and when Yao was hurt last season he had very nice #'s

Jan. 14.6 ppg 6.4 reb 50% in 33 minutes a game :wow
Feb. 12.3 ppg 5.4 reb 47% in 31 minutes :wow

2006-07 Game Log
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/2628/gamelog?year=2006

so after looking at those numbers its very hard for me to believe the guy fell off that much w/o avery having some negative effect on his game.

Is the downfall of Ju-Ho fall at the expense of the Lil' General?

clambake
03-26-2008, 10:08 AM
what difference would it make. Ju-Ho playing in a GS game? He'd need a boyscout to help him cross centercourt.

CubanMustGo
03-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Avery just took lessons on this from Pop, too. Look at all the ex-Spurs flourishing elsewhere who got in Pop's doghouse and stayed there:

Turkoglu, Udrih, Scola (who was in the doghouse before he ever came over), etc.

Jack Sommersset
03-26-2008, 01:37 PM
The thing that puzzles me is this. Juwan was not mentioned in the Nets-Mavs trade even when they had to redo the trade after George refused to go. You would think a guy who does not play a role on a team(mavs), that is good and could help another team, the Nets would ask for him at the very least a throw in. Nets are still in the East playoff race.

Now that you got me thinking of it I am wondering what the deal is. Other teams could have traded to get him. Right? There were alot of trades. Maybe he is a victim of circumstances. Paying him mininum income to now keep him off a contender. His age?He sucks? Avery sucks?Who knows?

hater
03-26-2008, 02:39 PM
he stopped being "good" about 3 years into his career

sribb43
03-26-2008, 02:51 PM
he stopped being "good" about 3 years into his career

ok no one is taking about all-star level..last year he was serviceable, now he is Kevin Willis like

Jack Sommersset
03-26-2008, 03:25 PM
ok no one is taking about all-star level..last year he was serviceable, now he is Kevin Willis like

I agree. Thats why I am wondering why he doesn't play more with Mavs and why he wasn't traded especially durning the Nets-Mavs trade. Whats the point of even keeping him. He was good last year. I think most people think he can contribute to team up until last year. 6-7-8-9th player coming off bench. Perhaps a starter for some team or some situation. I am thinking to much about this now but I am curious.