PDA

View Full Version : If the Celtics win out...

batboy
03-26-2008, 08:50 PM
...they will tie the mark set by Dallas last year.

Let the coronation continue for this proven core of champions.

WildcardManu
03-26-2008, 09:28 PM
hip hip

TampaDude
03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
...they will tie the mark set by Dallas last year.

Let the coronation continue for this proven core of champions.

Does that mean they will get bounced in the first round, too? :lmao

honestfool84
03-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Hawks Upset Celtics to Clinch First Round Series

Hawks 101, Celtics 99 F

ATLANTA, Georgia, May 1, 2008

In what is being considered a greater upset than last year's Cinderella match, in which Golden State upset Dallas, the Atlanta Hawks just completed the second first round elimination of a team that had won at least 65 games or more in a regular season.

Al Horford willed his team on one good leg, shaking off a strained hamstring to score 28 points, Joe Johnson made a franchise playoff-record nine 3-pointers, and Atlanta became just the second No. 8 seed to capture a best-of-seven playoff series with a 101-99 victory over the NBA-best Boston Celtics in Game 6 on Thursday night.

"We made NBA history tonight and that's the best thing about it. We did it as a team,'' Horford said. "I'm so proud of my teammates and proud to be a part of this franchise.''

"I wanted to be aggressive,'' Johnson said. "Al came out and told me he wasn't feeling as good as he had in previous games, and he wanted me to carry us. I wanted to stay focused, not worry about calls, not get too emotional, just bring my energy with my play.''

Agloco
03-27-2008, 01:22 PM

Hawks 101, Celtics 99 F

In what is being considered a greater upset than last year's Cinderella match, in which Golden State upset Dallas, the Atlanta Hawks just completed the second first round elimination of a team that had won at least 65 games or more in a regular season.

Al Horford willed his team on one good leg, shaking off a strained hamstring to score 28 points, Joe Johnson made a franchise playoff-record nine 3-pointers, and Atlanta became just the second No. 8 seed to capture a best-of-seven playoff series with a 101-99 victory over the NBA-best Boston Celtics in Game 6 on Thursday night.

"We made NBA history tonight and that's the best thing about it. We did it as a team,'' Horford said. "I'm so proud of my teammates and proud to be a part of this franchise.''

"I wanted to be aggressive,'' Johnson said. "Al came out and told me he wasn't feeling as good as he had in previous games, and he wanted me to carry us. I wanted to stay focused, not worry about calls, not get too emotional, just bring my energy with my play.''

Too funny

Galileo
03-27-2008, 04:17 PM
The Celtics do not have enough playoff experience to win an NBA title. i say they may make the finals, but if they do, the Spurs will beat them 4-1.

Galileo
03-27-2008, 04:33 PM
career playoff records:

Garnett 17 wins, 30 losses, 2 series won, 9 lost, hasn't been in playoffs since 2004

Duncan 91 wins, 47 losses, 22 series won, 5 lost, defending champion

If they meet in the Finals, the Spurs will win.

honestfool84
03-27-2008, 04:57 PM
career playoff records:

Garnett 17 wins, 30 losses, 2 series won, 9 lost, hasn't been in playoffs since 2004

Duncan 91 wins, 47 losses, 22 series won, 5 lost, defending champion

If they meet in the Finals, the Spurs will win.

you can add to the fact that duncan has never missed the playoffs. :lol

Solid D
03-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Current Celtics' Players With Playoff Experience

Pierce 37 games
Garnett 47 games
R. Allen 37 games
Rondo 0 games
Perkins 6 games
House 24 games
Posey 34 games 1 Ring
Powe 0 games
T. Allen 7 games
Cassell 115 games 2 Rings
Davis 0 games
PJ Brown 81 games
Pruitt 0 games
Scalabrine 26 games (Finals experience with Nets)
Pollard 60 games (Finals experience with Cavs)

DazedAndConfused
03-27-2008, 05:10 PM
This argument that the Celtics don't have enough playoff experience is kind of bullshit IMHO. Most of their players are experienced vets who have been in countless playoff battles, they just weren't on championship teams and you can't fault them for that. Their focus is singularly minded on a championship and so far they have proved all the haters wrong.

They are winning games with their defense, and I don't expect that to change in the playoffs. If the Spurs could not beat the Celtics without Ray Allen at home, what makes you think they'll be able to do it in the playoffs? What's going to magically change?

honestfool84
03-27-2008, 05:20 PM

Pierce 37 games
Garnett 47 games
R. Allen 37 games
Rondo 0 games
Perkins 6 games
House 24 games
Posey 34 games 1 Ring
Powe 0 games
T. Allen 7 games
Davis 0 games
PJ Brown 81 games
Pruitt 0 games

474 games, and 3 rings total.

spurs? 1019 games, and 29 rings.

duncan228
03-27-2008, 05:23 PM
The Celtics are scary. They've proven that they're as good as they looked on paper when the trade was made.

I think the Spurs would win but I think it could go 7.

Crookshanks
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
They are winning games with their defense, and I don't expect that to change in the playoffs. If the Spurs could not beat the Celtics without Ray Allen at home, what makes you think they'll be able to do it in the playoffs? What's going to magically change?
In a 7-game series, the Spurs will find the Celtics' weaknesses and exploit them - that's where all the playoff experience comes in. True Champions will always find a way to win.

rAm
03-27-2008, 05:29 PM
The Celtics are lacking playoff experience, but they are most definitely not going to be an easy series.

With the way the spurs have been playing recently (even with the two win streaks), we will get beat by them in a 7-game series. We need to step it up in the Playoffs big time!

dg7md
03-27-2008, 05:42 PM
:lmao at comparing the Mavs last year to the Celtics this year. Celts are legit.

temujin
03-27-2008, 06:57 PM
I will pick Detroit over Boston, anytime.
They have clutch shooters and more experience.
Defense can be as good as Boston's.
And a clear edge at point guard.

The_Game
03-27-2008, 08:18 PM

what a load of bullshit

pistons got freaking beat by a one man team...how the hell are they going to beat a team with 3 stars and amazing defense? answer they aren't...wouldn't be surprised if celtics win in 5.

those clutch shooters and their experience really showed when they lost 4 games in a row to lose the series to the cavs

experience is overrated.....it helps but when you have plenty of vets like boston does it doesn't matter that much.

as it stands now...boston are the favourites and a team will need to play some very speical ball to beat them in a 7 game series

peewee's lovechild
03-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Celts are legit.

Based on what?

What have they done that makes them legit?
How different are they from the Mavs of last year?

Fuck all that noise.
They WILL choke in the playoffs.

They will be a huge disappointment.

peewee's lovechild
03-27-2008, 08:51 PM
what a load of bullshit

pistons got freaking beat by a one man team...how the hell are they going to beat a team with 3 stars and amazing defense? answer they aren't...wouldn't be surprised if celtics win in 5.

Boston lost to Philadelphia.

They're only two games above .500.

So, what's your point?

peewee's lovechild
03-27-2008, 08:57 PM
i think the pissed ons beat the celtics 6 times out of 10

Detroit will take the East.

There, I said it.

The Finals will be a re-match between our Spurs and the Pissed-ons.

We will win it in 6.

Princess Pimp
03-28-2008, 02:52 AM
The Celtics do not have enough playoff experience to win an NBA title. i say they may make the finals, but if they do, the Spurs will beat them 4-1.

Huh?

The Spurs WON'T be in the finals!

Eat it!

Princess Pimp
03-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Based on what?

What have they done that makes them legit?
How different are they from the Mavs of last year?

Fuck all that noise.
They WILL choke in the playoffs.

They will be a huge disappointment.

You are an idiot!

pku47
03-28-2008, 03:29 AM

Pierce 37 games
Garnett 47 games
R. Allen 37 games
Rondo 0 games
Perkins 6 games
House 24 games
Posey 34 games 1 Ring
Powe 0 games
T. Allen 7 games
Davis 0 games
PJ Brown 81 games
Pruitt 0 games
How about Doc Rivers?

J.T.
03-28-2008, 03:36 AM
Fuck Boston. If I have to sit through another year of seeing all three of their main sports teams at the top of the standings, this time I really will kill myself. Hopefully ESPN gives Boston the kiss of death like they did the Patriots. I would love for some epic crash and burn playoff failures for the Celtics this year, and with KG on their team I really wouldn't be surprised at all.

Also, in before Rondo is humiliated by better PGs over the course of a series in later rounds. I really want a Pistons vs Celtics because of the ensuing "What happened to Rajon Rondo?" headlines all over the free world.

The_Game
03-28-2008, 06:31 AM
Boston lost to Philadelphia.

They're only two games above .500.

So, what's your point?

Moron

Don't compare one regular season game to a playoff series. Boston still won the head to head 3-1 for godsake... For the record the sixers beat the spurs as well..infact sixers have beat alot of good teams lately.

boston are legit and they are nothing like the mavs of last year..they actually play great defense and have a balenced attack. the celtics have owned the spurs this year with guys missing....when healthly i doubt spurs will be able to beat them in a 7 game series. doubt anybody will

remingtonbo2001
03-28-2008, 07:53 AM

Logically, it makes since to go with Detriot.

However, you forgot the FLIP SAUNDERS factor.

peewee's lovechild
03-28-2008, 08:32 AM
You are an idiot!

That would be the woman who crapped you out of her vaj.

peewee's lovechild
03-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Moron

I'm hurt, really.

But, moron would be the guy that uses a series played last year to determine how good a team is this year.

Yea, that's real smart.

Don't compare one regular season game to a playoff series. Boston still won the head to head 3-1 for godsake... For the record the sixers beat the spurs as well..infact sixers have beat alot of good teams lately.

It doesn't change the fact that the Sixers are only two games above .500. And, Boston lost to them.

boston are legit and they are nothing like the mavs of last year..they actually play great defense and have a balenced attack. the celtics have owned the spurs this year with guys missing....when healthly i doubt spurs will be able to beat them in a 7 game series. doubt anybody will

So, you're a Celtic fan?

You must be, since you're picking them to beat the Spurs in the Finals.

It's good you're showing your true colors.

Now, when my Spurs beat the shit out of your Celtics, you can join a Celtic Forum and get out of this one.

peewee's lovechild
03-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Logically, it makes since to go with Detriot.

However, you forgot the FLIP SAUNDERS factor.

While I would agree with the last statement you made most of the time, he's going up against Doc Rivers.

Exactly what has Doc Rivers done to be considered better than Flip Saunders?

How far into the playoffs has Doc Rivers coached?

honestfool84
03-28-2008, 08:38 AM
as it stands now...boston are the favourites and a team will need to play some very speical ball to beat them in a 7 game series

i am new here this season, but id be willing to bet a ton of money the mavericks fans were yelling this same chorus..

oh, and PS - until the world champions lose, or just falter in the first round (see Heat, Miami):lol, then THEY are the team to beat.

translation, its the spurs, not the celtics, that are the team to beat.

T Park
03-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Special ball to beat the Celtics?

Eh not really.

Good ball? Sure.

Thats true though of anytime you go to the NBA Finals and whoever you face.

Pretty much the same thing through out the whole playoffs period.

Boston is good, but I'm not sold on that they are unbeatable, or VERY hard to beat.

Strike
03-28-2008, 09:54 AM

Hawks 101, Celtics 99 F

:clap

batboy
03-28-2008, 01:19 PM
TIf the Spurs could not beat the Celtics without Ray Allen at home, what makes you think they'll be able to do it in the playoffs? What's going to magically change?

ProTip: LeBron swept the season series last year. What's going to change is that the games are going to mean something. As a Lakers fan, you of all people should understand this. 67 may have been important to establish the Shaq-Kobe show, but they certainly didn't give a rat's ass after 2000.

The difference between the Celtics and Spurs is that the Celtics feel they have something to prove in the RS. Which they have done, congratulations and all that, but as Dallas showed it means nothing. I'm not convinced that the Celtics are hands down better than Dallas either, remember Dallas established their reputation on defense too. The Celts are just more physical and are allowed to rebound _very_ aggressively.