PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the scola talk?

2centsworth
03-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Did Kori get sick of it? I couldn't help but notice the guy had 18 and 18 last night.

MajorMike
03-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Who?

ArgSpursFan.
03-27-2008, 11:48 AM
there's still a 2,000 posts thread in the NBA central forum.
It's just too painfull to be here,that's all.

honestfool84
03-27-2008, 11:54 AM
who freaking cares about scola now?
seriously.
he's a freaking houston rocket, no longer affiliated with the san antonio spurs.

why do people still talk about him?

Indazone
03-27-2008, 11:56 AM
18 pts and 18 boards whoo hooo!!!

jag
03-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Scola Thread

2centsworth
03-27-2008, 11:59 AM
who freaking cares about scola now?
seriously.
he's a freaking houston rocket, no longer affiliated with the san antonio spurs.

why do people still talk about him?
There's a problem in the front office IMO. Whether that's RC or Holt, something needs to change. The last good pick, Tony Parker, was 7 years ago.

The recruiting of veteran players is more Pop's doing IMO.

2centsworth
03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
18 pts and 18 boards whoo hooo!!!
don't get too happy. what does it tell you when the spurs can just give away those types of players to your team?

It means the spurs play on a way different level than your rockets, and playoff time will prove it once again.

TampaDude
03-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Spurs without Scola >>>>> Rockets with Scola

2centsworth
03-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Spurs without Scola >>>>> Rockets with Scola
no doubt, by a mile.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-27-2008, 12:29 PM
The reason there's no Scola talk in the SPURS FORUM would probably be because Scola ISN'T REALLY A SPUR! I don't know...

Keep the Scola talk in the Baketball News Central forum!

When are people going to realize Scola is not and never was a Spur?? Yeah the Spurs probably made a mistake letting him go for nothing, but that's over, and we're now HERE!

LET

IT

GOOOO!!

honestfool84
03-27-2008, 12:42 PM
The reason there's no Scola talk in the SPURS FORUM would probably be because Scola ISN'T REALLY A SPUR! I don't know...

When are people going to realize Scola is not and never was a Spur?? Yeah the Spurs probably made a mistake letting him go for nothing, but that's over, and we're now HERE!

LET

IT

GOOOO!!

amen. :lol

we should ban the word "scola" in this forum (possibly considering including "scolarules" as well. haha)

Kori Ellis
03-27-2008, 12:43 PM
I moved the official Scola thread to the Basketball forum. Of course, they then proceeded to start an official Scola thread part II there. :lol

Indazone
03-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Ha :p

ambchang
03-27-2008, 12:47 PM
I don't even care about Scola, but the incessant whining of those Scola fans have made me at the very least annoyed of him. The fans just would never ever shut up about it.

You guys want to make fun of the Suns whining about the suspensions that happened almost a year ago? Take a look at these Scola fans, still whining about the same damn thing 6 months after it happened.

Indazone
03-27-2008, 01:02 PM
He's gonna be an All-Star!!!

2centsworth
03-27-2008, 01:18 PM

LET

IT

GOOOO!!

you're somewhat missing the point. We still have the same FO who's track record over the past few years hasn't been all that great. Again the recruiting of the old guys I attribute more to pop than I do the FO. Scola should be a slap in the face that RC is slipping.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
How is it proof RC is slipping?

He had to dump salary.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-27-2008, 01:24 PM
you're somewhat missing the point. We still have the same FO who's track record over the past few years hasn't been all that great. Again the recruiting of the old guys I attribute more to pop than I do the FO. Scola should be a slap in the face that RC is slipping.no, you're missing the point! This has been talked about to death! Its now been 6 months since this happened and you're still hung up on it. Not everyone else's problem. You want to talk about this, talk about it in the Scola thread... or are you worried noone is going to read what you post? if that's the case, it must be for a reason! don't you think?

2centsworth
03-27-2008, 01:26 PM
How is it proof RC is slipping?

He had to dump salary.
he couldn't get anymore than we did? I would expect our GM to get more. Plus, our recent draft picks have been horrible, Marcus Williams case in point.

2centsworth
03-27-2008, 01:28 PM
no, you're missing the point! This has been talked about to death! Its now been 6 months since this happened and you're still hung up on it. Not everyone else's problem. You want to talk about this, talk about it in the Scola thread... or are you worried noone is going to read what you post? if that's the case, it must be for a reason! don't you think?listen man, don't get hysterical. I thought you were a little more rational. I don't care that Scola is not on the team, but I do care about our FO decisions. I'm a homer to a point. We shouldn't sweep this one under the rug of the Scola Thread.

I guess this thread is really a continuation of http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58590

MaNuMaNiAc
03-27-2008, 01:52 PM
listen man, don't get hysterical. I thought you were a little more rational. I don't care that Scola is not on the team, but I do care about our FO decisions. I'm a homer to a point. We shouldn't sweep this one under the rug of the Scola Thread.

I guess this thread is really a continuation of http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58590
The Scola subject has already been discussed a million times, LITERALLY. Why is it you wish to rehash the subject now? Why can't you people let things go is what I'm asking? Scola's trade isn't the only mistake this FO has done, and it won't be the last, and yet, here we are, 6 months after it happened, the same old fucking threads coming up over, and over, and over, and over... Talk about irrational!

On top of this Kori has provided people with an Official Thread to talk about Scola, and yet you feel you need to come back in here and create YET ANOTHER thread about it. My question here is if you realize people aren't going to read what you're posting in the Scola thread, its most likely because of a very important reason. WE DON'T GIVE A CRAP ANYMORE! Seriously, post about it in the Official Scola thread and let people who are interested in the matter check it out there.

Far be it for me to be the forum police here, in the end you can do whatever you want. Its just fucking annoying having to hear about Scola everytime the dude has an average to good game.

ducks
03-27-2008, 01:53 PM
he couldn't get anymore than we did? I would expect our GM to get more. Plus, our recent draft picks have been horrible, Marcus Williams case in point.
domestic picks have sucked true
name a team that has brought in better talent with low draft picks the last 10 years though

hater
03-27-2008, 01:55 PM
dude,
1) Spurs are almost #1 spot in this most competitive west in NBA history.
2) we have future hall of famers Mahinmi and Splitter coming in next year

settle down

gmanrulz
03-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Did Kori get sick of it? I couldn't help but notice the guy had 18 and 18 last night.

have you seen stephen jacksons stats? Didnt realize we gonna have a new thread every time scola has a good game.

ducks
03-27-2008, 02:25 PM
why do spurs not have hedo threads
he is having a career year this year
rasho also had a nice game last night where was his thread PEOPLE?

ducks
03-27-2008, 02:26 PM
this is spurstalk.com not scolatalk.com
last time I checked scolatalk.com was avaible if you wanted to buy it
please do

hater
03-27-2008, 02:31 PM

Hedo was gonna be too $$$, same with Jax.

Rasho + Beno sucked balls

on the other hand, Scola was good, cheap, experienced and would fit SPurs like a glove. that plus the fact that Spurs let him go for nothing, that's why

gmanrulz
03-27-2008, 02:35 PM

on the other hand, Scola was good, cheap, experienced and would fit SPurs like a glove. that plus the fact that Spurs let him go for nothing, that's why
Sjax signed a contract with atlanta for 2 years 1 million dollars.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2008, 02:37 PM
he couldn't get anymore than we did? I would expect our GM to get more.Show me a better deal that was actually proposed.
Plus, our recent draft picks have been horrible, Marcus Williams case in point.In case you hadn't noticed, almost every pick sucked this year. Most overrated draft I can remember.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2008, 02:38 PM
The Scola subject has already been discussed a million times, LITERALLY. Why is it you wish to rehash the subject now? Why can't you people let things go is what I'm asking? Scola's trade isn't the only mistake this FO has done, and it won't be the last, and yet, here we are, 6 months after it happened, the same old fucking threads coming up over, and over, and over, and over... Talk about irrational!

On top of this Kori has provided people with an Official Thread to talk about Scola, and yet you feel you need to come back in here and create YET ANOTHER thread about it. My question here is if you realize people aren't going to read what you're posting in the Scola thread, its most likely because of a very important reason. WE DON'T GIVE A CRAP ANYMORE! Seriously, post about it in the Official Scola thread and let people who are interested in the matter check it out there.

Far be it for me to be the forum police here, in the end you can do whatever you want. Its just fucking annoying having to hear about Scola everytime the dude has an average to good game.From an Argie, no less.

honestfool84
03-27-2008, 02:42 PM

well its in the PAST.

LET MY PEOPLE GO..

errr, LET SCOLA GO.

hater
03-27-2008, 02:48 PM
well its in the PAST.

LET MY PEOPLE GO..

errr, LET SCOLA GO.

what if some ppl can't let it go?

maybe it's the whiners who should let go of the fact that some spurs fans will never let it go :drunk

ChumpDumper
03-27-2008, 02:49 PM
They can post in the Scola thread in the NBA forum.

honestfool84
03-27-2008, 02:53 PM
what if some ppl can't let it go?

maybe it's the whiners who should let go of the fact that some spurs fans will never let it go :drunk

you're right - i apologize.

they should take it AWAY. :madrun

whottt
03-27-2008, 03:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270214008

Where was his fucking thread?

Where are the people bitching about that trade?

Come to think of it...

Where's his fucking thread:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=271211009

whottt
03-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Scola fans are crap...they completely and totally lost the desire to talk about Scola when the Rockets were dropping games last week...

Proof:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89781&page=4

I was just itching to talk about Scola...couldn't find a fucking Scola fan to save my life...

DAF86
03-27-2008, 04:05 PM
dude,
1) Spurs are almost #1 spot in this most competitive west in NBA history.
2) we have future hall of famers Mahinmi and Splitter coming in next year

settle down

:lol i don't know about Mahinmi but i have seen Scola and Splitter played for years (facing each other or for the same team) and thiago isn't even close to be half of the player that scola is. scola at 17 is better than splitter right now. for thiago is just impossible to hit a jumper. sad but true :depressed

Indazone
03-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Scola fans are crap...they completely and totally lost the desire to talk about Scola when the Rockets were dropping games last week...

Proof:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89781&page=4

I was just itching to talk about Scola...couldn't find a fucking Scola fan to save my life...

Ok Whott bring it...yeah but leave the tired oh look at his point production tonight. You wanna talk about Scola lets look at a Per 48 minutes and compare him with Duncan.

Per 48
Scola .512 FG%, .637 FT%, 12.3 RPG, 2.4 APG, 1.41 SPG, 0.4 BPG, 2.58 TO, 19.6 ppg

Ducan .501 FG% .736 FT%, 16 RPG, 4.7 APG, .97 SPG, 2.78 BPG, 3.34 TO, 27.4 PPG

Granted Scola is not playing at Duncan's level but c'mon you gotta give the guy some credit. He's playing at a very high level.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Wow, Duncan is better than Scola.

Indazone
03-27-2008, 05:37 PM
lol duh

smeagol
03-27-2008, 05:42 PM
From an Argie, no less.

We are capabale of making sense from time to time . . .

whottt
03-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Ok Whott bring it...yeah but leave the tired oh look at his point production tonight. You wanna talk about Scola lets look at a Per 48 minutes and compare him with Duncan.

Per 48
Scola .512 FG%, .637 FT%, 12.3 RPG, 2.4 APG, 1.41 SPG, 0.4 BPG, 2.58 TO, 19.6 ppg

Ducan .501 FG% .736 FT%, 16 RPG, 4.7 APG, .97 SPG, 2.78 BPG, 3.34 TO, 27.4 PPG

Granted Scola is not playing at Duncan's level but c'mon you gotta give the guy some credit. He's playing at a very high level.

Would you mind throwing in the per 48 stats of Francisco Elson, Fabricio Oberto, Matt Bonner and Ian Mahinmi while you are at it?

And since rebounding is the one thing that Scola is doing at a nice level...

Would you mind posting the rebounding rate of Scola VS that of...oh let's say Francisco Elson, from last season?

Thanks, in advance.

smeagol
03-27-2008, 05:47 PM
why do spurs not have hedo threads.

Because taruky doesn't post here anymore?

Ask Ploto

smeagol
03-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Would you mind throwing in the per 48 stats of Francisco Elson, Fabricio Oberto, Matt Bonner and Ian Mahinmi while you are at it?

And since rebounding is the one thing that Scola is doing at a nice level...

Would you mind posting the rebounding rate of Scola VS that of...oh let's say Francisco Elson, from last season?

Thanks, in advance.

I think Scola fucked your girlfriend or something . . .

Indazone
03-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Why don't we just compare Scola with all your other PF's Whott since actually Duncan should be considered a Center. Would you like me to run out the numbers for Bonner, Horry and Thomas? Huh oh you'd get owned is that it? Hell, I'll even throw in Oberto but ya know what he's a center so that's not really applicable now is it? Truth is Scola would be better than all these guys.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-27-2008, 05:58 PM

Hedo is good player. Rasho is good defense center good shot block.

On national team level Scola is much better than these player. Hedo is even ball hog and his team suck.

whottt
03-27-2008, 06:22 PM
I think Scola fucked your girlfriend or something . . .

And I think he must have fucked your mom...about 9 months before you were born.

whottt
03-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Why don't we just compare Scola with all your other PF's Whott since actually Duncan should be considered a Center. Would you like me to run out the numbers for Bonner, Horry and Thomas? Huh oh you'd get owned is that it?

Go for it....

Hell, I'll even throw in Oberto but ya know what he's a center so that's not really applicable now is it? Truth is Scola would be better than all these guys.

Yeah...better eliminate Oberto, since he puts up better numbers than Scola...that'll prove your point.

temujin
03-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Now, Whott has 21820 posts in his career of 1830 days of posting.

That's an average of 11.9 posts/day.

Pretty decent, actually.
He'd be starting in a lousy team or a sub in a decent one.

No reason to worry then: that figure is superior to Scola's PPG (as a rookie).

However, if we divide this fugure by the number of times the word "fuck(ing)" is digited at least once in any of his posts,

that leaves the PPG of Mahinmi as a Spur.

HOW CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE?