PDA

View Full Version : Awards

DAF86
03-27-2008, 05:24 PM
MVP: Chris Paul
COY: Byron Scott
ROY: Luis Scola
MIP: Andrew Bynum (does he qualify?) or Jose Calderon
GMOY: Celtics GM (i don't know his name)
DPOY: Shane Battier
6thMA: MANU

Make your picks

rAm
03-27-2008, 05:26 PM
fail.

DAF86
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
fail.

why?

honestfool84
03-27-2008, 05:35 PM
fail.

haha. yeah, that was a retarded list.

MVP - chris paul
COY - boston coach, forgot his name
ROY - kevin durant (scola, are you fCUking serious?! he's only averaging 9 points a game)
MIP - N/A ha
GMOY - danny ainge
DPOY - BRUCE FREAKING BOWEN - shane can go swallow
6thMOY - GINOOOOOOOOOOOBILI
MVPofFINALS - see above

Allanon
03-27-2008, 05:36 PM
MVP: Kobe
COY: Byron Scott (Hornets) or Rick Adelman (Rockets)
ROY: Kevin Durant or Luis Scola
MIP: Hedo Turkoglu (Magic) or Lamarcus Aldridge (Blazers). Bynum doesn't qualify or else he'd win
GMOY: Kevin McHale (TWolves) or Chris Wallace (Grizzlies)
6thMA: MANU or Ginobolliiii!

manufor3
03-27-2008, 05:37 PM
mvp- james
coach- rivers
mip- bynum
dpoy- bowen
6th man- ginobili
roy- durant/horford

honestfool84
03-27-2008, 05:43 PM
GMOY: Kevin McHale (TWolves) or Chris Wallace (Grizzlies)

ROTL

:lol :lol :lol

DAF86
03-27-2008, 05:45 PM
if bowen didn't win it before he wont win it now

DAF86
03-27-2008, 05:48 PM
(scola, are you fCUking serious?! he's only averaging 9 points a game)

you're a spur fan you should know that stats don't mean anything

some_user86
03-27-2008, 05:53 PM

They do to the national media (as you evidently observed in Bowen's chances for DPOY).

And you can't build a franchise around Scola.

honestfool84
03-27-2008, 05:53 PM

oh, i know that, and you are very right.

but this is rookie of the year award = best player overall.

that award would go to durant, not scola.

(sorry for being so vulgar in the first post)

DAF86
03-27-2008, 05:56 PM
oh, i know that, and you are very right.

but this is rookie of the year award = best player overall.

that award would go to durant, not scola.

(sorry for being so vulgar in the first post)

the thread was to give your opinion on who you think should win. no who you you think it's going to get it.

TMTTRIO
03-27-2008, 06:03 PM
I would really love to see Bruce win the DPOY for once because he really deserves it. With Manu starting for that long stretch would that disqualify him from 6MOY? I really don't want him to win it and I know he's said a lot of times that he hates that award and hates being called a 6th man.

DAF86
03-27-2008, 06:13 PM
I would really love to see Bruce win the DPOY for once because he really deserves it. With Manu starting for that long stretch would that disqualify him from 6MOY? I really don't want him to win it and I know he's said a lot of times that he hates that award and hates being called a 6th man.

to qualify you just need to play one more game as sub than as a starter so Manu will be the 6MOY this season

urunobili
03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
COY: Adelman
MIP: Hedo Turkoglu
GMOY: Celtics GM

Make your picks
Fixed

hsxvvd
03-27-2008, 09:15 PM
ROTL

GMOY: Kevin McHale (Celtics)

Maybe this is why he thinks he deserves GMOY.

peewee's lovechild
03-27-2008, 09:18 PM
coach of the year: Maurice Cheeks!

I totally agree.

If he doesn't get it, it's a damn dirty shame.

peewee's lovechild
03-27-2008, 09:22 PM
MVP: Stephon Marbury
COY: Scott Skiles
ROY: Moses Malone
MIP: Chris Webber
GMOY: Billy King
DPOY: Micheal Finley
6thMA: Shaquile O'Neal

peewee's lovechild
03-27-2008, 09:29 PM
But, seriously . . .

COY: Maurice Cheeks
ROY: Al Horford (maybe even Al Thornton)
MIP: Hedo Turk
GMOY: Danny Ainge
DPOY: Bruce Bowen
6thMA: Manu Ginobili

Obstructed_View
03-28-2008, 12:18 AM
MVP: LBJ
COY: Mo
ROY: Durant
MIP: Beno
GMOY: Ainge
DPOY: Bowen
6thMA: Manu

Avitus1
03-28-2008, 12:44 AM
COY: Doc Rivers
6thMA: Manu Ginobili

itzsoweezee
03-28-2008, 01:03 AM
MIP: Rudy Gay (or Calderon)
GMOY: Kupchak
DPOY: <edit> Battier</edit> (although i hope bruce wins it)

DAF86
03-28-2008, 01:09 AM
MIP: Rudy Gay (or Calderon)

i forgot about calderon if bynum doesn't qualify i'm going with jose for MIP

Texas_Ranger
03-28-2008, 01:28 AM
MVP: CP3
COY: Nate Mcmillan
ROY: Al Horford
MIP: Udrih
GMOY: Boston guy
DPOY: BB12
6: Manu

Obstructed_View
03-28-2008, 01:34 AM
GMOY: Boston guy

Are you guys really young enough not to remember Danny Ainge? Damn I'm old. Best catch and shoot guy I ever saw.

DAF86
03-28-2008, 01:44 AM
Are you guys really young enough not to remember Danny Ainge? Damn I'm old. Best catch and shoot guy I ever saw.
yeah sorry, i'm 21 started watching the NBA because of jordan (2nd era) then i became a spurs fan because of elliott and now my love for the spurs has increased thanks to manu.
but i know who Danny Ainge is, i just didn't remember his name when i started this thread.

ShoogarBear
03-28-2008, 06:12 AM
Are you guys really young enough not to remember Danny Ainge? Damn I'm old. Best catch and shoot guy I ever saw.Danny Ainge? Really? I don't really consider him a catch-and-shoot since he was more like a 1.5 guard with Dennis Johnson. But even if I did, there's Reggie Miller, Allan Houston, Jeff Hornacek, Ray Allen, etc. etc.

m33p0
03-28-2008, 06:23 AM
Hedo will win Most Improved.
Hopefully Bruce will win DPOY to make up for all those years they conveniently ignored him.

Texas_Ranger
03-28-2008, 07:51 AM

I started watching NBA in 1999. Before I was not such a big fan of basketball, so i watched soccer. :donkey

remingtonbo2001
03-28-2008, 07:56 AM

Are you referring to the fact that he played baseball and basketball.

Catch and Shoot.

1Parker1
03-28-2008, 10:17 AM
My Picks:

COY: Jerry Sloane (long overdue)
ROY: Al Horford
MIP: Hedo Turkulu
6thMA: Ginobili

Who Will Actually Win it:
MVP: Kobe Bryant
COY: Doc Rivers
ROY: Kevin Durant
MIP: Jose Calderon
DPOY: Marcus Camby :(
6thMA: Ginobili

angel_luv
03-28-2008, 10:32 AM
MVP- Chris Paul
Rookie of Year: I don't know
GMOY: I don't know
DPOY- Bruce
MIP- Hedo
6th Man- Manu

Parks! You picked Hedo for MIP. :) :elephant :elephant

DAF86
03-28-2008, 02:15 PM
1st NBA team-

G-Paul- Bryant- F-James- stoudemire- C-Howard

2nd NBA team-

G-McGrady- Ginobili- F-Garnett- Duncan C-Chandler

is there a 3rd NBA team?

DAF86
03-28-2008, 04:19 PM
NBA ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM

G-Paul
G-Bowen
F-Battier
F-Garnett
C-Camby

Obstructed_View
03-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Danny Ainge? Really? I don't really consider him a catch-and-shoot since he was more like a 1.5 guard with Dennis Johnson.
When he was with the Suns he was a great spot up shooter. It was kind of limiting in that he couldn't really create his own shot. Watching him in warmups was incredible; with an assistant coach feeding him the ball in rhythm he almost couldn't miss.

But even if I did, there's Reggie Miller, Allan Houston, Jeff Hornacek, Ray Allen, etc. etc.
All of whom are way better shooters, but I've never been to a game in which they've participated.

Allanon
03-28-2008, 07:06 PM
NBA ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM

G-Paul
G-Bowen
F-Battier
F-Garnett
C-Camby

I agree with both your posts. Except in the NBA All defense team, I'm pretty sure Kobe wins out Paul at guard. I don't even think Kobe will be on the all defensive team but he'd probably get in before CP3. I'd think this spot would go to Raja Bell.

To be honest, I'm not much familiar with CP3, only watched a few national games, he must be a better defender than I had thought.

DAF86
03-28-2008, 10:57 PM
I agree with both your posts. Except in the NBA All defense team, I'm pretty sure Kobe wins out Paul at guard. I don't even think Kobe will be on the all defensive team but he'd probably get in before CP3. I'd think this spot would go to Raja Bell.

To be honest, I'm not much familiar with CP3, only watched a few national games, he must be a better defender than I had thought.

a lot of media guys are considering him as DPOY

T Park
03-28-2008, 11:02 PM
MVP Kobe Bryant
COY Byron Scott
ROY Kevin Durant
MIP Hedo Turkoglu
GMOY Danny Ainge
DPOY no clue
6th man: Manu Ginobili

jay014
03-28-2008, 11:28 PM
yeah sorry, i'm 21 started watching the NBA because of jordan (2nd era) then i became a spurs fan because of elliott.
2nd era as in the 2nd 3 peat or Wizards? I've seen(read) alot of say they became Spurs fans because of Sean Elliott. Why not Gervin, Silas, Moore, Alvin Robertson,Willie,Johnny,T.C. Robinson. Tim, Manu, and Tony for the youngsters or the fact that they play in San Antonio if you live in S.A.

DAF86
03-28-2008, 11:34 PM
2nd era as in the 2nd 3 peat or Wizards? I've seen(read) alot of say they became Spurs fans because of Sean Elliott. Why not Gervin, Silas, Moore, Alvin Robertson,Willie,Johnny,T.C. Robinson. Tim, Manu, and Tony for the youngsters or the fact that they play in San Antonio if you live in S.A.

the 2nd bulls era by the time jordan was in washington i've allready become a spurs fan

jay014
03-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Sean was in his 8th or 9th year when the Bulls won their last championship. You jump on the wagon when the Spurs won the championship the following year and Manu just keep you on the wagon. My cousin was the same way a Bulls fan (Jordan) the Spurs aint winning shit! now he's at games, watching on tv, and every time the Spurs raise a championship banner I bust out the old photo of him in a #23 Bulls jersey and Bulls cap.

DAF86
03-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Sean was in his 8th or 9th year when the Bulls won their last championship. You jump on the wagon when the Spurs won the championship the following year and Manu just keep you on the wagon. My cousin was the same way a Bulls fan (Jordan) the Spurs aint winning shit! now he's at games, watching on tv, and every time the Spurs raise a championship banner I bust out the old photo of him in a #23 Bulls jersey and Bulls cap.

exactly but i'm now a spurs fan for good no more changes :toast

jay014
03-29-2008, 12:29 AM
old times (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1ewT5RiVQ) :toast

DAF86
03-29-2008, 12:34 AM
old times (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1ewT5RiVQ) :toast

i can now enjoy that play :lol

jag
03-29-2008, 12:41 AM
cI1ewT5RiVQ

there ya go buddy.

milkyway21
03-29-2008, 01:25 AM
MVP:
shld win: Chris Paul
will win : Kobe Bryant

MIP: Hedo Turkuglu or Dwight Howard
runner-up : Celtics' Rondo

GMOY: Ainge

DPOY:
shld win: Bruce Bowen
will win: KG*

6th man: MANU

bobbyjoe
03-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Kevin Garnett has to win Defensive Player of the Year.

I'm sorry, but as great as guys like Bowen and Battier are, they can't affect the game like a great defensive big.

Why should KG win?

1) Boston is the #1 team in NBA defense this year in basically every major category
2) Guys like Pierce and Ray Allen are D'ing up this year. This is mainly due to the leadership of KG and the examples he set
3) His defensive range is greater than any big in the NBA, he can change shots, block shots, and play very good man to man defense as well.

I vote Paul for MVP and ROY grudgingly to Durant. He hasn't been as good as I thought he would and puts up #'s on a bad team, but he probably still is the pick.

COY: Doc Rivers. Making it work as well as it has shouldnt have been as easy as he made it seem like. Integrating 3 superstars into a cohesive team concept and getting the team to play great D and gel at the right time has been most impressive.

DAF86
03-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Kevin Garnett has to win Defensive Player of the Year.

I'm sorry, but as great as guys like Bowen and Battier are, they can't affect the game like a great defensive big.

Why should KG win?

1) Boston is the #1 team in NBA defense this year in basically every major category
2) Guys like Pierce and Ray Allen are D'ing up this year. This is mainly due to the leadership of KG and the examples he set
3) His defensive range is greater than any big in the NBA, he can change shots, block shots, and play very good man to man defense as well.

I vote Paul for MVP and ROY grudgingly to Durant. He hasn't been as good as I thought he would and puts up #'s on a bad team, but he probably still is the pick.

COY: Doc Rivers. Making it work as well as it has shouldnt have been as easy as he made it seem like. Integrating 3 superstars into a cohesive team concept and getting the team to play great D and gel at the right time has been most impressive.

good analysis

milkyway21
03-29-2008, 01:42 AM
That 14-pt output of David West last night was due to KG's defense on him. He said he took it personally when West scored 37 pts on him the last time they met. I might not be able to say gee:elephant, bec. I wanted Duncan to win the DPOY ahead of KG, but KG or Bowen shld win it this yr. .Whoever of those 2 deserves it.

Obstructed_View
03-29-2008, 01:43 AM
KG will definitely win DPOY as the consolation prize for not getting MVP, which will go to Kobe, continuing a tradition of giving those trophies to guys who don't deserve it.

milkyway21
03-29-2008, 01:45 AM
KG will definitely win DPOY as the consolation prize for not getting MVP, which will go to Kobe, continuing a tradition of giving those trophies to guys who don't deserve it.I agree. He made an impact on Celtics, but he'll not win the MVP.

Obstructed_View
03-29-2008, 01:47 AM
I agree. He made an impact on Celtics, but he'll not win the MVP.
Nor does he deserve it, but I guess Dirk fucked up the "best player on the team with the best record" cop-out for everybody this year.

DAF86
03-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Nor does he deserve it, but I guess Dirk fucked up the "best player on the team with the best record" cop-out for everybody this year.

haha that's right but i think that the injury is the reason KG'll not get the MVP

Obstructed_View
03-29-2008, 01:58 AM
haha that's right but i think that the injury is the reason KG'll not get the MVP
That, combined with the toughness of the west, will be the excuse. They're only too happy to throw him Bowen's award as a bone.

Princess Pimp
03-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Stop smoking crack homers...Bowen is dirty and doesn't deserve to win DPOY.

Lay down the pipe delusional Spurs fans.

DAF86
03-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Stop smoking crack homers...Bowen is dirty and doesn't deserve to win DPOY.

Lay down the pipe delusional Spurs fans.

Princess Pimp with another insightfull comment, how weird. :troll

WalterBenitez
03-29-2008, 07:28 AM
MVP: C.Paul, or KG
COY: Doc Rivers!
ROY: Durant, I whish were Scola, sorry whottt
DPOY: Finally Bruce Bowen?

Rummpd
03-29-2008, 07:31 AM
For those that understand basketball as great as Manu is Duncan remains the true MVP of the league. A leader and dominator in everyway and the best interior defender in the game.

wildchild
03-29-2008, 09:15 AM
MVP:Kobe
Coach: Rivers
DPOY: Bruce or?not definitely Bruce Bowen.
MIP: Beno, Hedo, SJ, Rasho, :lol
6th man:Manu Ginobili

bigfundamental21
03-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Coach: Rivers
DPOY: Garnett
MIP: Hedo
6th Man: Manu

Not all of who I want, but how it will be.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Coach: Byron Scott
MIP: Hedo Turkoglu or Beno Udrih
6th Man: Manu

All NBA Team
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan

SPURS vs NBA media
03-29-2008, 02:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mvp- forgot his name
coach- forgot his name
mip forgot his name
dpoy- forgot his name
6th man- forgot his name
roy- forgot his name

smeagol
03-29-2008, 02:57 PM
For those that understand basketball as great as Manu is Duncan remains the true MVP of the league. A leader and dominator in everyway and the best interior defender in the game.
Tim has had so man sub-par games it's difficult to remember them all.

MVP will either go to Kobe, CP3 or Lebron.

KG is not getting it.

bobbyjoe
03-29-2008, 03:13 PM
KG will definitely win DPOY as the consolation prize for not getting MVP, which will go to Kobe, continuing a tradition of giving those trophies to guys who don't deserve it.

Just like in 1995.

KG is a much more valuable defender than Bruce Bowen. You picked the right handle because your view is clearly tilted.

BIG z
03-29-2008, 10:29 PM
haha. yeah, that was a retarded list.

MVP - chris paul- Kevin Garnet
COY - boston coach, forgot his name Doc Rivers
ROY - kevin durant (scola, are you fCUking serious?! he's only averaging 9 points a game) Al Horford if the Hawks make the playoffs.
MIP - N/A ha AL Jefferson or Hedu
GMOY - danny ainge I agree..
DPOY - BRUCE FREAKING BOWEN - shane can go swallow Tim Duncan
6thMOY - GINOOOOOOOOOOOBILI Agree
MVPofFINALS - see above Tim Duncan

JMarkJohns
03-29-2008, 10:34 PM
MVP: Paul
MIP: Hedo
DPOY: Battier