PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get another car in about a year, undecided....

phyzik
03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Well, I got my truck paid off and only got utility bills at the house now so Im starting to save for my next vehicle which will be my "fun" vehicle.

I've been looking at the new Dodge Challener SRT-8 and the new Camaro but the other day I took my brother, who is home from Iraq, to get a rental car for the time he is here.

We ended up going to Red McCombs GMC off of 410 (the one with the Indian) since they have an Enterprise there and its close to the house... while there I saw something I didnt recognize... Turned out to be the new Pontiac G8 GT.

http://digiads.com.au/car-news/images/article_9342-img_0.jpg

I have to say, I was impressed. Impressed enough to do some research on it. Turns out they are coming out with a GXP version and now Im definately going to have to consider it.

This is from www.roadandtrack.com ........

The G8 GXP will have a 6.2-liter LS3 V-8 (the G8 GT uses a 361-bhp 6.0-liter) is pretty much the same terrific new pushrod small-block found in the 2008 C6 Corvette — one of the very best V-8s ever made. Although horsepower and torque numbers aren't finalized yet, Pontiac estimates the outputs at 402 bhp and 402 lb.-ft. of torque (the torque for the 6-speed manual is estimated at 400 lb.-ft.). The horsepower figure is down 28 to the Vette, but torque is about the same.......

.....Pontiac estimates the G8 GXP will hit 60 mph in just 4.7 seconds and will run the quarter mile in 13 flat.

Damn, 3 sweet cars to chose from.... What do you think?

BTW, the G8 GT (with the 6.0l) was just 32,750.00 at the dealer. That is, by far, the best price for the performance. Cant wait to see what the GXP version goes for.

Mark in Austin
03-27-2008, 11:40 PM
I find it hilarious that GM has basically given up on designing a quality car in the US for two ENTIRE divisions of the company - turning to Holden to revive Pontiac and Opel to remake Saturn.

That being said... the G8 might be the best car Pontiac has put out in 20 years. But that's not saying much if you think about the amount of dogshit Pontiac has put out. If you want fun, go for an Infiniti G35; or the coupe version, the G37.

Cartman
03-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Dude your old school like me, you know deep down inside you need a muscle car! I had a 69 1/2 Camaro!

You won't sleep good at night unless you satisfy your true needs.......

There is a car lot on the way to Cuero Tx that has 15 cars all of them Classics!

Barracuda! ........GTO!........ A replica of General Lee Dodge Charger from the Dukes of Hazards! Why not get a 67 Mustang?

http://www.shnack.com/photopost/data/536/medium/1967-Ford-Mustang-fa-td-rd-sy.jpg

you can thank me later.:smokin

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2008, 01:36 AM
I find it hilarious that GM has basically given up on designing a quality car in the US for two ENTIRE divisions of the company - turning to Holden to revive Pontiac and Opel to remake Saturn.

That being said... the G8 might be the best car Pontiac has put out in 20 years. But that's not saying much if you think about the amount of dogshit Pontiac has put out. If you want fun, go for an Infiniti G35; or the coupe version, the G37.

Seriously, they should have kept the HOLDENs original design and name, fukn when i think of PONTIAC, sounds like a piece of shit of a vehicle.....Keep that rice shit of the bonnet and shit, looks stupid.

Duncan
03-28-2008, 01:43 AM
Dude your old school like me, you know deep down inside you need a muscle car! I had a 69 1/2 Camaro!

You won't sleep good at night unless you satisfy your true needs.......

There is a car lot on the way to Cuero Tx that has 15 cars all of them Classics!

Barracuda! ........GTO!........ A replica of General Lee Dodge Charger from the Dukes of Hazards! Why not get a 67 Mustang?

http://www.shnack.com/photopost/data/536/medium/1967-Ford-Mustang-fa-td-rd-sy.jpg

you can thank me later.:smokin

:tu

blizz
03-28-2008, 07:23 AM
I'm gonna getting a new car in about a year or so also....I'm looking at getting an Audi A4. I'll never buy new car though...if it's certified, has low miles, checks out with carfax and still has warrany left....there's no reason to buy new, you'll save thousands buying used.

ineedgoodcredit
03-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Check your credit report or you could end up like me.

Supreme_Being
03-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Fun car? How much is you budget? I'd say get the new BMW 3-series. Lots of good reviews on the car.

PM5K
03-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Why don't you start this post again in a year?

Sportcamper
03-28-2008, 01:10 PM
The Pontiac Vibe (http://image.motortrend.com/f/new-cars/2009-pontiac-vibe-to-make-debut-at-la-auto-show/7207645+w600+cr1+re0+ar1/2009-pontiac-vibe.jpg) is one of the most reliable & economical cars sold in America…When one looks under the hood you will see the word “Toyota” stamped all over the engine & engine parts…So you know this American Made Car is built to last…