PDA

View Full Version : This dog needs a good home!

LuvBones
03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
We got this sweet female lab at work today from a sanctuary in Seguin. We get so many animals from that place and we usually just neuter them and return them back. But they have trouble finding homes, and this sweetheart just pulled at my heartstrings! She's had her shots, she's spayed now, on flea preventative, and is such a loving girl! I asked to take her home and foster her here until I find a good home for her. Now she is very shy.. she didn't want to enter our house but with a little love and care she can easily get out of this phase. She's about 2 years old.. here's a couple of pics of her:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb78/gogino20/foster.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb78/gogino20/foster2.jpg

Please, if anyone would like to give her a home or knows anyone who would give her the care she deserves please message me! She's free to a good home! :)

Kori Ellis
03-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Ahh cute. I hope someone from here takes her.

We tried the third dog experiment with "Manu" and it didn't work out. So we have to stick with two dogs only.

NASpurs
03-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Damn that's a beautiful dog. I would have taken her but I have too many as it is. :(

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-27-2008, 09:16 PM
That dog is adorable. Unfortunately I can't help out. :(

IceColdBrewski
03-27-2008, 09:20 PM
I know of an art gallery that has an opening for a dog.

RashoFan
03-27-2008, 09:23 PM
:nope
That is so wrong.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Oooooh, lowblow. :nope

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-27-2008, 09:28 PM

Well played.

ashbeeigh
03-27-2008, 09:31 PM
:( She looks like a sweetheart, but my two are too outgoing for her.

And my parents would kill me if I came back with another dog.

Sapphire
03-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Is she housebroken?

Sapphire
03-27-2008, 09:47 PM
And what is wrong with her leg?

blizz
03-27-2008, 09:55 PM
it looks like that's where she might have gotten an IV. i could be wrong, but that's what the dressing looks like.

Sapphire
03-27-2008, 09:58 PM
She's a beautiful dog.

LuvBones
03-27-2008, 10:33 PM
You're right blizz, it's from the IV. She is very adorable, she's just been laying in my room getting her rest. I took her out to use the bathroom and she went but I've only had her today. I'll have her during the week so I'll post more as I learn more about her personality.

LuvBones
03-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Also she was just spayed and she's still drowsy from the surgery so I don't know how she normally acts. She's mostly sleeping now..

LuvBones
03-28-2008, 08:01 AM
bump :)

katyon6th
03-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Wish I could help but my dogs would totally disown me if I brought another dog home.

Here's to hoping she finds a good home. :)

easjer
03-28-2008, 09:32 AM
It might help if you could give some idea about her size/weight. I can't tell for certain from the pics how big she is, and I know that's part of our criteria. We can't take her, unfortunately, because while we and Jonah would love another doggie companion, we haven't the space (even for a small dog).

MoSpur
03-28-2008, 10:03 AM
I might be interested, but curious about her personality. We just moved into our new home and have one acre. Its not fenced yet, so she would have to be house broken. I would have to speak to my wife about it as well.

angel_luv
03-28-2008, 10:21 AM
What a wondeful dog.

I rent and so cannot take her. But what a beauty!

LuvBones
03-28-2008, 10:53 AM
It might help if you could give some idea about her size/weight. I can't tell for certain from the pics how big she is, and I know that's part of our criteria. We can't take her, unfortunately, because while we and Jonah would love another doggie companion, we haven't the space (even for a small dog).
She's about 60 lbs.. a little shorter than most labradors. And she seems to like being outside more than indoors. I have her here in the clinic right now, I'm trying to socialize her some more. The whole time at my house she didnt use the bathroom until I took her outside, and so far here as well. She's very quiet! I'm thinking she may have been abused because she acts timid and fearful, like most foster dogs. But she's a total sweetheart, she hasn't barked or growled or anything. She just wants some love! :)

Jimcs50
03-28-2008, 11:04 AM
I might be interested, but I have a pool and Labs like water so it might be a problem when I am gone, she might get in the pool and drown, if she can not find the stairs to climb out. My two dogs do not like getting in the pool, so they stay away from the pool. A neighbor lost their Doberman when he got in pool when they were gone.....sad.

MoSpur
03-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Well, so far it seems like she is housebroken, which is good because I don't have a fence put up. I would like a dog that is more social, but it might because she was abused. I'll talk to my wife.

LuvBones
03-28-2008, 01:22 PM
I might be interested, but I have a pool and Labs like water so it might be a problem when I am gone, she might get in the pool and drown, if she can not find the stairs to climb out. My two dogs do not like getting in the pool, so they stay away from the pool. A neighbor lost their Doberman when he got in pool when they were gone.....sad.
I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor's dog. :(

MoSpur, do you have any pets right now? I'm trying to learn more about this lab but she did have a difficult surgery and is probably still in pain. She has hardly moved around but she's in good care here.

E20
03-28-2008, 02:08 PM
The dog is pretty adorable.

MoSpur
03-28-2008, 02:20 PM
I have no pets right now, so she would be the only one getting attention.

tlongII
03-28-2008, 04:09 PM
I would take the dog, but I don't have a good home. :(

Jimcs50
03-28-2008, 05:05 PM
I would take the dog, but I don't have a good home. :(

besides, your sheep might get jealous and hurt the dog, and that would suck.

Jimcs50
03-31-2008, 08:47 AM
LuvBones, you find a home for the dog yet?

LuvBones
03-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Not quite. I have a couple interested in her, but actually the wife needs to talk to her husband about it.. so I don't know what they're going to decide yet. They're clients of ours so I hope they do take her.. if not I will bump this again later on.

About this dog, I found out her name is Brittany (I didn't name her). She's a little over a year old. She's been very good here with me. I take her to work and she doesn't bark, cry, growl.. nothing! She behaves really well. Her shyness seems to be going away each day. When I take her home she jumps right in my car, straight to her bed and stays there the rest of the night. She hasn't had an accident even once so far, so I'd say she's housebroken. If anyone is still interested message me!

LuvBones
04-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Just wanted to update everyone that a fellow poster here did take Brittany. I'm glad she went to a great home! :)

EDIT: Oh and I see I just reached 2,000! That only took 3.5 years.. :p:

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-08-2008, 05:29 PM
:tu
Who took her?

Sonia_TX
04-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Just wanted to update everyone that a fellow poster here did take Brittany. I'm glad she went to a great home! :)

EDIT: Oh and I see I just reached 2,000! That only took 3.5 years.. :p:

Glad to hear that!

And congrats on the 2,000! I need 600 more and I just had my 3rd anniversary in Feb. lol Have to step it up. :p: