PDA

View Full Version : if the Spurs finally win a back 2 back will you get off their back?

mouse
03-28-2008, 12:07 AM
if the Spurs finally win a back 2 back will you get off their back?

Please think about your reply before you press the send icon. If the Spurs win the 2008 NBA Championship would you be happy and give them a pass next time they lose four straight?
or will you want another ring no matter what the cost?

Discloser : some of your replies may be posted somewhere else without your permission.

anakha
03-28-2008, 12:12 AM
"Getting back,
Back on track,
Get off of my back..."

- Bad Magick by Godsmack

Solid D
03-28-2008, 12:29 AM
I'll just open another Can O' SPAM and make parade watching plans as defined in section 9b of the Spurs Championship Manual.

m33p0
03-28-2008, 12:34 AM
i don't care so long as they win.

spursfaninla
03-28-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm no lawyer (yet), but I think that should be "disclaimer"....unless you are disclosing what people say in this thread to someone else, I guess.

I must admit to having been worried, but I chilled a bit. I do think NO is pretty impressive and fear them in the playoffs, but less than Boston I think.

This year we are clearly an underdog to both of the above as well as the Lakers (if FULLY healthy)...

Everyone else I think we can handle. DET would be hard but I think it is pretty even.

reddog 99
03-28-2008, 12:48 AM
hmm.....................

we are on their back from day one till the end of the season. Every season.

That is what we live for.

SMACK IS THE CRACK OF THE SPORTS WORLD.

phyzik
03-28-2008, 12:51 AM
It would be great if they repeat....

Really hard question mouse.

One part of me would like to continue the dominance, even without a 'ship....

Another part of me is getting tired of wanna-be spurs fans who are never satisfied (Spurs Dynasty 21, Manu Ginobili, ect) and I kind of look forward to the rebuilding years when these losers jump off the wagon.

Obstructed_View
03-28-2008, 12:54 AM
People who give their team a pass for shitty play typically don't post on basketball message boards.

daslicer
03-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Honestly ever since they won the third championship in '05 I gave them a pass. I felt once that they won the third championship that any more championship that occured after it would be icing on the cake. The third championship was important to me just to shut up all the Duncan haters who kept on stating that he didn't have the leadership skills or the drive to win a championship and that he lucked out by playing with an HOF center in Drob that made his job easier. After the spurs won that title nobody could ever take anything away from Duncan's legacy and it did solidify him as an all time great.

BonnerDynasty
03-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Not even thinking about next year.

REPEAT OR BUST.

DAF86
03-28-2008, 01:13 AM
no, with tim, manu and parker we have at least 4 or 5 more years of greatness.

Obstructed_View
03-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Honestly ever since they won the third championship in '05 I gave them a pass. I felt once that they won the third championship that any more championship that occured after it would be icing on the cake. The third championship was important to me just to shut up all the Duncan haters who kept on stating that he didn't have the leadership skills or the drive to win a championship and that he lucked out by playing with an HOF center in Drob that made his job easier. After the spurs won that title nobody could ever take anything away from Duncan's legacy and it did solidify him as an all time great.
Oh, well if that's what we're talking about, my Spurs fan life was complete in '99. That said, I watched too many playoff failures to expect this team to just be happy with second place, and I'm sure they consider anything short of a championship as less than completely successful. There are guys here that were grateful just to see the Spurs in the postseason, but I'm sure they still want a championship caliber team to play championsip caliber basketball.

Cartman
03-28-2008, 01:23 AM
I would!

Don Quixote
03-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Not counting on Sons Fan ever stopping his trash-talk. Which is what it is -- trash coming from trash.

Duncan
03-28-2008, 01:26 AM

^ My thoughts exactly! :toast

Princess Pimp
03-28-2008, 02:33 AM

Please think about your reply before you press the send icon. If the Spurs win the 2008 NBA Championship would you be happy and give them a pass next time they lose four straight?
or will you want another ring no matter what the cost?

Discloser : some of your replies may be posted somewhere else without your permission.

They won't win back to back

SouthernFried
03-28-2008, 04:15 AM
I've never been on their back.

They have 4 championships. The focus on the "back-to-back" I basically leave to jealous fools or people with too much time on their hands who need something to whine about...which would also include most of the media.

Life has been damned good.

Supreme_Being
03-28-2008, 04:27 AM
Win or lose, Spurs fan for life!

Dre_7
03-28-2008, 05:44 AM
Win or lose, I am a fan. I would love for them to win it all this year, but even if they dont Im still gonna love em.

m33p0
03-28-2008, 06:31 AM
detractors would still come up with a "yeah but but" reason as to why the spurs aren't a dynasty if they win it again this year.

urunobili
03-28-2008, 07:35 AM
till the day i die baby... till the day i die...

thebigchill
03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
till the day i die baby... till the day i die...
Same here. It'd be too painful to remove my Spur tattoo (which I got following '99) :toast

ambchang
03-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Those we are not already satisfied will never be.

lonestr
03-28-2008, 11:12 AM
A single championship to be won in this day and age is difficult enough for any small market franchise. In 1999, the basketball world was shocked to learn how the Spurs beat a huge market team such as the Knicks, an eighth seed at that. It was cute, cool, and maybe monumental on account that it was a shortened season due to the players strike.

Then this small market team changed the face of basketball, regardless of the fact that they did so against conventional attitude of the flash and glam.

Now when people sit around and talk about championships. That little small market team in San Antonio was always left alone and never given their proper recognition for their incredible sportsmen, and their incredible gamesmanship that spanned over twelve years and four(soon to be five) championships under Tim Duncan.

As a fan who saw the Spurs arrive from Dallas and endured all those heartbreaking years, I knew back then how insignificant our small market really was and came to terms with this fact. But I was still a die-hard Spurs fan. Now, this is stuff that dreams are made of... fairy-tales to be exact.

So if ever shall there be a team to win back to back championships, great! Let's see if that same team can duplicate what San Antonio has done for twelve years.

Any team should be humbled to win one championship. They are not easy to get.