PDA

View Full Version : Standoff Situation

Kori Ellis
01-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Breaking News: Standoff Situation

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/breakingeconolodge.jpg

According to police, a woman was abducted by an armed man early this afternoon from the 6900 block of Alamo Downs Parkway. Police are now staged at an Econolodge on Northwest Loop 410 near Holmes High School.

Just blocks from the standoff, hundreds of students at Holmes High School were forced to stay indoors all day long. Police wanted to make sure students didn't wander into a possibly dangerous situation. The entire campus was on lockdown from about 11am until 3:30pm. That's when school leaders started letting the students leave in groups.

We will have team coverage of this developing story on News 4 WOAI as 5pm and 6pm.

There were several reports of gunfire in the area - police are investigating. Police have set up a command post outside the Econolodge and hostage negotiators have made contact with the suspect.

Jimcs50
01-13-2005, 05:45 PM
I guess they had to pull the extra police out of the strip clubs to help.

3rdCoast
01-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Still Going On? Its Right Down The Street, I Think I May Drive By And Check It Out.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-13-2005, 07:08 PM
What we were wondering up here is how long did the negotiators take to arrive.

As far as we knew, they were at Texas State undergoing some training.

Neonmoon83
01-13-2005, 11:31 PM
I work at Caremark which is right in that area. We all heard the gun shots. Scary...

gordon
07-30-2005, 10:43 PM
I so stayed in that room this past mon, tues, and wed. Room 114.

They didn't really bother to repair the damage. They just slapped some white plaster over it. The wall was this off-white color though, so it was really obvious.

And then on the last day, a piece of the plaster came off, and I saw a bullet underneathe.

mouse
07-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Hostage Forum