PDA

View Full Version : Spurs games on TV

Don Quixote
03-28-2008, 06:30 PM
So there I was ...

In the living room of my grandmother's house in San Antonio. I had come to visit her for the week from my adopted home in New Orleans, and was looking forward to having my laundry done and folded, oatmeal in the morning, long afternoons reading my books, writing papers, and studying Introductory Hebrew, and an opportunity to catch at least a few Spurs games on TV. Including the one the other night against a good team, Orlando.

But, no! My grandmother had recently switched from Time-Warner cable to Dish Network, and they were not carrying the game. In fact, Dish Network does not even have TNT in the San Antonio area, so I understand.

Not only that, but her Dish Network does not have TBS, WGN, ESPN, or Fox Sports. This means that the only game I'll be able to catch this entire week in my hometown is the Clippers game, and that's because it was on KENS.

What the &#@% is going on here? I have to listen to the games on WOAI when I'm in San Antonio? I can do that at night in New Orleans!

This is an outrage! I remember a day, not long ago, my brothers, when Spurs fans, of all tribes and colors, could gather around the TV set-ah, and watch-ah the Silver & Black in full-color take on the league. All 82 games-ah, home and away-ah. And it should be that way AGAIN my brothers and sistahs, for just as Moses led the nation of Israel into the promised land, I will lead the nation of Silver and Black-ah into the land of basketball nirvana!!

Can I get an amen?

SouthernFried
03-28-2008, 06:33 PM
You can get cable

Don Quixote
03-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Yes, that thought has occured to me. In my normal life in New Orleans, we don't have anything but rabbit ears, which means that the only chance to catch the Spurs on TV is when or if they're playing the Lakers or Cavs on ABC.

However, I know what would happen if we allowed cable into our lives. The wife would watch cooking and home decor shows, I might watch baseball and Spurs games all day, and nobody would get anything done.

remingtonbo2001
03-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Go down to the local bar/restraunt. It'll be on.

Don Quixote
03-28-2008, 06:47 PM
No ... I remember sauntering into my friendly neighborhood Hooter's in Amarillo not too long ago, to take in some of the scenery along with a Spurs playoff game. So walk up to the bar and ask him to put the game on. He gave me a puzzled look and then softly said that they don't carry whatever channel the game was on.

After getting a few phone numbers, I went somewhere else.

mikejones99
03-28-2008, 06:49 PM
most bars never have the Spurs on tv, stupid bar owners.

Obstructed_View
03-28-2008, 06:55 PM
When you buy the 20 dollar a month channel package, you don't get crap with it. If you did, nobody would upgrade their channels.

braeden0613
03-28-2008, 07:43 PM
just watch it online

Stevebass18
03-28-2008, 08:14 PM
just watch it online

Could you PM me the link?