PDA

View Full Version : Postgame Quotes: Spurs vs. Timberwolves

timaios
03-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Postgame Quotes: Spurs vs. Timberwolves 3/28/2008

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_080328.html

Head Coach Gregg Popovich

On the game - “It was a good effort; we got to play a lot of guys. Hopefully we get enough rest and persevere in this tough month. We have a big challenge come Sunday and we’ll try to prepare for that tomorrow.”

On the contribution he got from the bench tonight - “Well everybody that came off (the bench) Kurt (Thomas), Matt Bonner, Jacque (Vaughn) they are all competitors; they come off (the bench) and do everything they can. Ime (Udoka) looked like he got his energy back; so it was good.”

Ime Udoka

On Minnesota’s run - “We felt a little bit of pressure. We went from 20 to I think 6 pretty quick so we just buckled down, Manu hit some big shots, took over the game and gave us a big lead again.”

On playing Houston next - “Our goal is to keep the streak going obviously and we want to play well going into the playoffs. We know Houston is neck and neck with us in the conference and in the division so we know it’s going to be a big challenge. We have to continue to build and play well.”

On how Houston has continued to win after big injuries - “A lot of guys have stepped up. Carl Landry, Dikembe coming in, Luis Scola…they’ve had guys who have taken the pressure off. Tracy McGrady and Rafer Alston have also been playing well. Guys are stepping up and making the most of opportunities so it is going to be a great test.”

Manu Ginobili

On the game - “It was a very good game but only for two quarters. We didn’t look good again for parts of the game. Tonight we started playing better earlier than against the Clippers and that is why we won the game. It worries me a little bit, I don’t think we are in playoff shape so we really have to step up these last nine games and try to improve on everything.”

On his fourth quarter performances - “The last game, vs. LAC was just three minutes. Today at least I played well a little longer. There was a play were Kurt got an offensive rebound, he kicked it out and I was right there…I guess that three-pointer got things going. I was a little frustrating with the way they came back at us so I started being more aggressive and every shot went in. It’s a snowball effect, every shot I started taking, started to go in.”

On the Houston match up - “Houston is going to be a great match up for us. First and foremost, we are tied right now. Besides that, they are one of the teams that are in the best shape in the conference. We really have to try and win that one to prepare for the next eight games.”

Kirk Snyder

On Manu Ginobili shooting 70% - “Wow…that’s an alarming stat. It’s tough to shoot 70% by yourself out on the court. He’s a capable shooter and an excellent driver, and once you start hitting some jumpers you get that confidence.”

On the foul at the end of the third on Foye - “I’m not too big on one individual play because you have to play 48 minutes. It can go either way. If somebody gets hurt you can say the dynamics of the game will change. It’s always “if”. If “if” happens we win the game. “If” didn’t happen today, and they won the game.”

On taking confidence out of the road trip - “Nah. I really don’t think so because this is the NBA. Our job is to win. It’s cut and dry. It’s a tough business. That’s what we play for. We don’t play for moral victories and we’re not a college team playing just to say we got better. We should be playing to win the ballgames. I’m not a firm believer in taking good things from losing. At the end of the night, you win by one or you lose by one. There’s a winner and a loser. We didn’t win tonight, so it was a bad road trip.”

Corey Brewer

On Manu Ginobili - “He can get hot quick. He hits a few shots and he gets it going.”

On the foul at the end of the third on Foye - “That was a tough call. We had a couple of tough calls tonight. They could have gone either way, and that helped them get the momentum back to get back on top of the game.”

On the Houston/SA road trip - “You feel good (about keeping the games close), but in the end you want the win. We can learn from it…we gave up in the fourth quarter…and now we have Utah coming in and that’s going to be another tough one.”

manuchick
03-28-2008, 11:01 PM
:elephant :elephant :flag: I love the way Manu and all the spurs play but tonight they were all good!!

Alamode
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Appreciate the direct link. When searching for any post-game quotes, which link do you click on after you reach www.nba.com/spurs? Thanks in advance.

duncan228
03-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Appreciate the direct link. When searching for any post-game quotes, which link do you click on after you reach www.nba.com/spurs? Thanks in advance.

You can find post game stuff on spurs.com in the gameday archive.
It has the whole season.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/

Tonight's game isn't there yet, the link will show up on the front page of spurs.com soon.

Dre_7
03-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Am I the only one that when I am read Manu's comments I hear it in his voice in my mind?

timaios
03-28-2008, 11:16 PM

Click on "Features"
Then on "Gameday Archive"

Quotes are only available for home games.

When the quotes are not already online, as now, replace manually the last part with the date of today's game.
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_080328.html

ancestron
03-29-2008, 01:01 AM
uh oh, Manu's worried.

carina_gino20
03-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Am I the only one that when I am read Manu's comments I hear it in his voice in my mind?

you're not alone :lol

WalterBenitez
03-29-2008, 07:16 AM
You can find post game stuff on spurs.com in the gameday archive.
It has the whole season.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/

Tonight's game isn't there yet, the link will show up on the front page of spurs.com soon.

Not even working the site, at least accessing from ARG
:depressed

bigfundamental21
03-29-2008, 08:19 AM
I hear it too. :lol

WalterBenitez
03-29-2008, 08:32 AM
I hear it too. :lol

Internet 3.0 ?

wildbill2u
03-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Thank God there is someone else. I thought it was only me.

In the far East, Manu learned how to cloud men's minds, to take over a game and make it appear that he can shoot 70% and never miss FTs. :dizzy

m33p0
03-29-2008, 12:38 PM
that's called familiarity. if it were shakespeare you're hearing, i'd be worried if i were you coz i don't know the hell how shakespeare sounds like.

Phenomanul
03-29-2008, 10:41 PM
that's called familiarity. if it were shakespeare you're hearing, i'd be worried if i were you coz i don't know the hell how shakespeare sounds like.

It's also from Ginobili's use of unique grammatical structures. When read, it literally sounds like only Ginobili could have said it.