PDA

View Full Version : It isn't the West that is strong it's the Southwest.

hsxvvd
03-29-2008, 09:14 AM
We all know it's been a crazy and competitive year, but this year most people talk about how strong the WEST is, but a closer look at the standings shows that it's really only the Southwest division that is out of the ordinary.

There is a possibilty of there being 4 teams with 50+ wins. Given that we have to play each other so often, it makes the record all the more impressive. Southwest and Pacific have a couple of teams each at best, Lakers, Phoenix and Utah are the only other relative comparisions in the WEST.

I don't know what my point is and why this deserved a thread, but it's an interesting look at our achievements this year, surviving such a difficult division, perhaps it becomes more relevant if we end up with a 6th seed and we can complain about the playoff format.

I'm tired... I'm going to bed. :wakeup

honestfool84
03-29-2008, 09:20 AM
yay.

Galileo
03-29-2008, 11:49 AM
The Grizzlies are very tough.

bigfundamental21
03-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Our division has been the toughest for many years. We usually only have one team that tanks the season. In years previous, it has been the Hornets, but this year Memphis took the spot. Even when Minnesota was in our division before they went to the three division format, the Midwest Division was highly competitive.

More props to the Spurs and the rest of the Southwest!