PDA

View Full Version : Komen Results

03-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Aight Samr, what was your time?

I came in at 27'55". Better than last year, but not by much.

duncan228
03-29-2008, 01:19 PM
I know your time is important, I'm glad you did a little better than last year.
But what's really important is that you did it at all.

Thank you from someone who's been impacted by breast cancer.

SpursWoman
03-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Good job! I wanted to do it this year, but they moved the little league opening day to this morning. Maybe next year... *sigh*

We did have a JoeChalupa sighting, though! :)

Shelly
03-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Good job, Mark!

Spurfect
03-29-2008, 03:55 PM
no one on my work team wanted to run so I didn't run. :(
it was a great time though. congrats!

Spurfect
03-29-2008, 04:33 PM
on a side note did you see the abortion protesters on the sidelines? what does a race for the cure of breast cancer have to do with abortion? it was such a great mood/vibe until i saw that, that pissed me off!

jman3000
03-29-2008, 04:37 PM
breasts make people wanna make babies. babies wanna make people have abortions.

Spurfect
03-29-2008, 04:38 PM
breasts make people wanna make babies. babies wanna make people have abortions.

pretty far stretch there.

Mr Dio
03-29-2008, 04:44 PM
It was pretty cool, massive amts of people.
I would love to see 1/10 as many people at the SAAF AIDS walk this yr @ Woodlawn Lake.

Wasn't one of those guys holding the signs Jack Fry or or something?
Was told he's always @ city council meetings & stuff.
The name above is wrong but it's something like that.

Spurfect
03-29-2008, 04:49 PM
It was pretty cool, massive amts of people.
I would love to see 1/10 as many people at the SAAF AIDS walk this yr @ Woodlawn Lake.

Wasn't one of those guys holding the signs Jack Fry or or something?
Was told he's always @ city council meetings & stuff.
The name above is wrong but it's something like that.

when is that?
yeah i was pretty surprised at the amount of people there. this is the first year i did this so it was all new to me. i really enjoyed it though. it was hard to get past the jam in the beginning but after that it was smooth sailing

I don't know who that guy is but what a loser coming to such a great event with that bullshit

SpursWoman
03-29-2008, 04:51 PM
breast cancer research = stem cell research? that might explain the protesters...other than that don't know...but I wish those people had been aborted. :spin

Spurfect
03-29-2008, 04:55 PM
breast cancer research = stem cell research? that might explain the protesters...other than that don't know...but I wish those people had been aborted. :spin

ah perhaps it's that. i let the first one slide. i yelled at the second one :lol

Mr Dio
03-29-2008, 04:56 PM
This year's is 27Sep08.
It's actually called the Walk for Life.

Hey Spurfect/1369, et al, did u all see/hear that lil gal with the STRONG voice singing on N Cherry coming down the stretch?

Spurfect
03-29-2008, 04:58 PM
This year's is 27Sep08.

Hey Spurfect/1369, et al, did u all see/hear that lil gal with the STRONG voice singing on N Cherry coming down the stretch?

I did see a girl singing there but her voice wasn't carrying that well. i even said she's not singing loud enough. so maybe that's not the one you're talking about

Mr Dio
03-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I did see a girl singing there but her voice wasn't carrying that well. i even said she's not singing loud enough. so maybe that's not the one you're talking about

This one was singing "Respect", looked apprx 9-10yo & was pretty damn good so yeah, it may not have been the same one.

I think I saw u there today, were u wearing shorts & running shoes? :p:

Spurfect
03-29-2008, 05:29 PM
This one was singing "Respect", looked apprx 9-10yo & was pretty damn good so yeah, it may not have been the same one.

I think I saw u there today, were u wearing shorts & running shoes? :p:

ohhh then I did hear that one! i didn't see her though. by the time i got up to where she was, another girl was singing a different song (Dancing in the Street). you're right she did have a pretty strong voice. sounded like a young girl

I didn't have on shorts. i had on pants, and i had a on a blue SWBC shirt, i was with a bunch of SWBC folks :)

Shelly
03-29-2008, 05:45 PM
on a side note did you see the abortion protesters on the sidelines? what does a race for the cure of breast cancer have to do with abortion? it was such a great mood/vibe until i saw that, that pissed me off!

That's ridiculous. Where there a lot of them?

Spurfect
03-29-2008, 05:52 PM
That's ridiculous. Where there a lot of them?

no there weren't. i only saw three posted at separate locations. still it was not needed!!

03-29-2008, 06:15 PM
This year's is 27Sep08.

When I passed her she was singing a country song. You're right though, she has a strong voice.

There were more protesters last year. I think it has something to do with the Komen foundation having something to do with Planned Parenthood.

When I was running down Cherry, A guy running next to me who went 6'5" and about 210, ran up to one of the guys holding a sign, gave him a proper one finger salute and let him know how much he appreciated him being there by using some really colorful language.

The officer working that intersection about fell over laughing.