Denver>SA
03-29-2008, 05:23 PM
american history x

Discuss.

monosylab1k
03-29-2008, 05:27 PM
american history x

Discuss.
great on the initial viewing, grows more so-so with each successive viewing. Norton is great, but a lot of the plot is actually pretty corny & ridiculous. Edward Norton playing basketball & dunking is about as believable as Ben Affleck turning a lesbian straight.

next movie: Boogie Nights

discuss

Denver>SA
03-29-2008, 05:33 PM
next movie: Boogie Nights

discuss
I have stroked myself off to this movie many times

peewee's lovechild
03-29-2008, 06:41 PM
I have stroked myself off to this movie many times

You a big Mark Wahlberg fan?

It was all about Hather Graham for me.

ShoogarBear
03-29-2008, 06:44 PM
You a big Mark Wahlberg fan?
You realize that was a prosthesis?

E20
03-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Wasn't Boogie Nights directed by Stallone?

Spurminator
03-29-2008, 07:02 PM
great on the initial viewing, grows more so-so with each successive viewing. Norton is great, but a lot of the plot is actually pretty corny & ridiculous. Edward Norton playing basketball & dunking is about as believable as Ben Affleck turning a lesbian straight.

I also liked how all it took was meeting a funny black dude for Norton's character to completely renounce his racism. And all it took for Furlong's character was a 30 minute talk with his big brother.

Oh and the dinner table flashback scene with their dad? Hilarious.

I liked it a lot when I saw it as a freshman in college. Now I think it's one of the most overrated movies ever made.

slayermin
03-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Good movie. It backed off a little toward the end.

Romper Stomper is a much better film about the same subject.

Xolotl
03-29-2008, 11:37 PM
You realize that was a prosthesis?

I thought it was a stunt cock...learn something new everyday

Anybody seen 310 to Yuma?

monosylab1k
03-30-2008, 12:20 PM
I also liked how all it took was meeting a funny black dude for Norton's character to completely renounce his racism.
Maybe even worse is that all it took was the funny black dude to convince every other black guy in prison not to beat the hell out of him.

"Hey guys, he's changed! He really is!"

"Oh okay well you've convinced me. Prison is full of clear thinking, reasonable people who are willing to give a second chance to a former Neo Nazi who curbstomped a black guy."

TheTruth
03-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Boogie Nights is an excellent movie for a 15 year old to watch alone while his parents are at their bowling league.

katyon6th
03-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Boogie Nights is an excellent movie for a 15 year old to watch alone while his parents are at their bowling league.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

That's just gross. I'm telling.

mikejones99
03-30-2008, 05:23 PM
you can make your own movies now, with eva even. hustler sells blow up doll evas now