PDA

View Full Version : Attack on Iran getting closer?

boutons_
03-29-2008, 06:12 PM
OK, it's from Russia, refutations are welcome.

==========

"Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border

MOSCOW, March 27 (RIA Novosti) - Russian military intelligence services are reporting a flurry of activity by U.S. Armed Forces near Iran's borders, a high-ranking security source said Tuesday.

"The latest military intelligence data point to heightened U.S. military preparations for both an air and ground operation against Iran," the official said, adding that the Pentagon has probably not yet made a final decision as to when an attack will be launched.

He said the Pentagon is looking for a way to deliver a strike against Iran "that would enable the Americans to bring the country to its knees at minimal cost."

He also said the U.S. Naval presence in the Persian Gulf has for the first time in the past four years reached the level that existed shortly before the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

Col.-Gen. Leonid Ivashov, vice president of the Academy of Geopolitical Sciences, said last week that the Pentagon is planning to deliver a massive air strike on Iran's military infrastructure in the near future.

A new U.S. carrier battle group has been dispatched to the Gulf. "

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20070327/62697703.html

smeagol
03-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Bush wil not do it months away from leaving office.

Heath Ledger
03-29-2008, 07:38 PM
I believe there is probalby something to this story but i see him possibly doing it right before he leaves office.

boutons_
03-29-2008, 09:36 PM
I see dubya attacking Iran to commit and shackle the next president to dubya's neo-cunt agenda, sorta like extending his shit-hole fiasco term into the next term, where he and dickhead can blame everything on the Dems, or at least continue to refuse all accountability.

If attacking Iran loses the election for McCain, that gives the Repugs the pleasure of piling the shit higher for the Dems. The Repugs and neo-cunts are fully prepared to blame Iraq and Afghanistan on the Dems. Repugs take no responsiblity for any of their shit. Just pop some more happy pills and "What? Me worry?"

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-29-2008, 09:48 PM
I see us putting troops on the border to stop all the bombs and weapons coming in from Iran to groups like Sadr's.

But don't let facts like that get in the way of your liberal hatefest and conspiracy theories.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree with Aggie, but I wasn't invited to the secret meeting where the plans are laid out so I can only guess, and that's all anyone else can do.

My God. We have been watching the borders fot years to block supplies to the terrorists. Why should this be news?

It isn't.

It just sturring the pot!

mikejones99
03-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Yes, this has been planned for years. see kgo.com

DarkReign
03-31-2008, 10:22 AM
So someone tell me if a strike (ie war) with Iran is prudent at this juncture (obscure GB reference)?

Is this the best course of action if its true?

fyatuk
03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
So someone tell me if a strike (ie war) with Iran is prudent at this juncture (obscure GB reference)

That was obscure? Anyone who watched SNL in the early 90's or so would know that one :p:

DarkReign
03-31-2008, 10:53 AM
That was obscure? Anyone who watched SNL in the early 90's or so would know that one :p:

Damn, I did type "obscure".

I meant "obvious".

Whoooooops!

xrayzebra
03-31-2008, 10:56 AM
The United States will not attack Iran. Israel I'm no too sure
about. But how they would do it, I just don't know. But one
thing that concerns me is that Israel is not the same military
they used to be. This last little conflict kinda proved that, don't
you think?

clambake
03-31-2008, 11:06 AM
The United States will not attack Iran. Israel I'm no too sure
about. But how they would do it, I just don't know. But one
thing that concerns me is that Israel is not the same military
they used to be. This last little conflict kinda proved that, don't
you think?
it's not about the military.

it's dumbass, old, worn out, white dipshit conservative ideology that tries to use a sledgehammer to kill fly's as a solution to every problem. all that does is destroy your own house.

RandomGuy
03-31-2008, 11:06 AM
So someone tell me if a strike (ie war) with Iran is prudent at this juncture (obscure GB reference)?

Is this the best course of action if its true?

If true, it would be disasterous on every level.

The Russians have been saying something like this for a while, and for the most part it is pablum for the Russian people.

Stories like this are meant to stir up Russian nationalism and anti-West feelings in order to prop up the new totalitarian regime in Russia.

No more, no less.

When it doesn't happen, because it was never seriously planned in the first place, the Russian media will proclaim a "victory" on the part of the Russian government, who somehow managed to intimidate the "West" into not attacking.

To take any Russian media report out of the context of where and why it was printed is to lose sight of the fact that the Russian media, by a wide margin, are simply there to serve as a propaganda wing for the Putin government.

Seen in that light, this "report" has as much probability of being truthful as the North Korean media who reported that the "Dear Leader" shot 14 holes in one out of 18 holes on the country's only golf course.

DarkReign
03-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Seen in that light, this "report" has as much probability of being truthful as the North Korean media who reported that the "Dear Leader" shot 14 holes in one out of 18 holes on the country's only golf course.

:lmao

All good points. Grain of salt time, then.

RandomGuy
03-31-2008, 01:42 PM
:lmao

All good points. Grain of salt time, then.

What you mean that this guy:

http://www.east-asia-intel.com/eai/2004/Images/kim-clap.jpg

Doesn't look like he can shoot 38 under par? :dramaquee

He could go on the PGA tour and double his country's foreign currency reserves. ;^)

I actually double checked, and it was only 11 holes in one, not 14 (http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2004/ea_nkorea_06_16.html). My bad. :oops

xrayzebra
03-31-2008, 02:14 PM
it's not about the military.

it's dumbass, old, worn out, white dipshit conservative ideology that tries to use a sledgehammer to kill fly's as a solution to every problem. all that does is destroy your own house.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever. None!

clambake
03-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Your post makes no sense whatsoever. None!
in was a response to your opinion regarding Israel's military draw with Hezbollah. you can't solve these problems while using the military as an only option.

"That is what makes no sense to you, whatsoever!"

but why would we attack our buddy's new partners?

spurster
03-31-2008, 02:35 PM
The US needs Iran to help keep down the violence in Iraq. Attacking Iran will result in Iraq veering out of control. Talking tough about Iran is about the best the US can do right now.

clambake
03-31-2008, 02:40 PM
The US needs Iran to help keep down the violence in Iraq. Attacking Iran will result in Iraq veering out of control. Talking tough about Iran is about the best the US can do right now.
why should we even talk tough to our buddy's new partners?

xrayzebra
04-01-2008, 09:47 AM
in was a response to your opinion regarding Israel's military draw with Hezbollah. you can't solve these problems while using the military as an only option.

"That is what makes no sense to you, whatsoever!"

but why would we attack our buddy's new partners?

And pray tell how do you solve this problem. Cuddle up to
them and give in to all their outrageous demands. Talking
hasn't solved anything over there in my lifetime, never
mind yours. Remember to, who is backing Hezbollah,
Iran! Or do you think Israel has no right to protect
itself?

clambake
04-01-2008, 10:15 AM
And pray tell how do you solve this problem. Cuddle up to
them and give in to all their outrageous demands. Talking
hasn't solved anything over there in my lifetime, never
mind yours. Remember to, who is backing Hezbollah,
Iran! Or do you think Israel has no right to protect
itself?
we give blood and money to Iraq.

we blame Iran for everything.

Iraq cuddles up to Iran.

Is any of this sinking in, old man?

101A
04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
If true, it would be disasterous on every level.

The Russians have been saying something like this for a while, and for the most part it is pablum for the Russian people.

Stories like this are meant to stir up Russian nationalism and anti-West feelings in order to prop up the new totalitarian regime in Russia.

No more, no less.

When it doesn't happen, because it was never seriously planned in the first place, the Russian media will proclaim a "victory" on the part of the Russian government, who somehow managed to intimidate the "West" into not attacking.

To take any Russian media report out of the context of where and why it was printed is to lose sight of the fact that the Russian media, by a wide margin, are simply there to serve as a propaganda wing for the Putin government.

Seen in that light, this "report" has as much probability of being truthful as the North Korean media who reported that the "Dear Leader" shot 14 holes in one out of 18 holes on the country's only golf course.Boutons believed it.

Again, the lefties seem much more interested in attacking Iran than anyone else. I think they are working themselves up into the same lather the Russians are.

xrayzebra
04-01-2008, 10:48 AM
we give blood and money to Iraq.

we blame Iran for everything.

Iraq cuddles up to Iran.

Is any of this sinking in, old man?

Iran borders Iraq. Do you think they have any choice but
to try and get along? Wasn't it you that said talking is
better than war. Make up you friggin mind. Okay!

clambake
04-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Iran borders Iraq. Do you think they have any choice but
to try and get along? Wasn't it you that said talking is
better than war. Make up you friggin mind. Okay!
i never said it was ok to talk on our dime. they can make all the deals they want as long as the negotiating table isn't a box stuffed with one of our soldiers.

xrayzebra
04-01-2008, 03:10 PM
i never said it was ok to talk on our dime. they can make all the deals they want as long as the negotiating table isn't a box stuffed with one of our soldiers.

You been smoking those funny cigarettes again.
:smokin

boutons_
04-01-2008, 04:02 PM
"Talking tough about Iran is about the best the US can do right now."

BS. Apparently Iran has made overtures to US, but US has totally refused to talk to Iran.

Because they can't predict with a non-McCain next president will do, Israel and of course AIPAC are pushing for an attack this year.

A lot of the neo-cunts in and around the Exec who hard-line pushed for invading Iraq are Jewish. AIPAC is very influential.

The Russian report is credible? It confirms and/or is consistent with everything we hear from all other sources.

Do I believe the Russian report? I have more grounds for believing it than not. Who knows what is going to happen.

Can anybody say dubya and Petraeus, with all their saber rattling, absolutely will not attack Iran in the next few months?