PDA

View Full Version : Kori going to the Final Four?

ShoogarBear
03-29-2008, 07:46 PM
:cheer

baseline bum
03-29-2008, 09:36 PM
3 straight Final Fours. Holy fuck, this program has become incredible since they ran Lavin's ass for Howland.

baseline bum
03-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Well Lavin is an absolute joke as a coach!!!!! That bastard is such an arrogrant prick it isn't even funny. He could recruit but couldn't coach to save his life. He wouldn't put any good assistants on his bench because he was afraid that they might out shine him.

Lavin ruined Ucla basketball for a number of years and finally UCLA has a real head coach..who just like Pop preaches defense! This is going to finally be our year I hope!

Lavin's teams were pretty good defensively; it's just that his players never improved. Jason Kapono was the exact same player he came in as. Moiso, Rush, Gadzuric, Watson... they never added anything under Lavin. Boseman never learned how to play point under Lavin. The only player I ever saw make a great leap under him was Matt Barnes, who became a hell of a player by the end of his Bruin career.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-30-2008, 12:32 PM
It helps having the refs bail you out repeatedly.

baseline bum
03-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Quit your bitching. A&M pulling a fucking Dallas in that game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Oh I agree, we sat on the lead instead of trying to win.

You can go down the list though for UCLA this year...

A&M
Cal
Stanford

UCLA wouldn't even have been a one seed if it weren't for the Cal and Stanford bailouts.

baseline bum
03-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh I agree, we sat on the lead instead of trying to win.

You can go down the list though for UCLA this year...

A&M
Cal
Stanford

UCLA wouldn't even have been a one seed if it weren't for the Cal and Stanford bailouts.

Bailout my ass. They drew an obvious charge on Stanford's go-ahead basket 10 seconds before the make-up call at the end of the game.

Kori Ellis
03-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Wow, I didn't even know this thread dedicated to me :lol existed.

We might go to the games (press) but it depends on a few factors. I haven't watch that much UCLA basketball this year and I feel like I am really missing out. I know that a lot of you think they are cheaters and just getting by, but we'll see.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-30-2008, 10:08 PM
I know that a lot of you think they are cheaters and just getting by, but we'll see.

I don't think they cheat, I actually think they have a good team (have them losing to UNC in both my brackets I did this year), just hate seeing questionable call after questionable call go for one team...

samikeyp
03-30-2008, 10:39 PM
I have them losing to UNC in the final but if they won it all, I would be cool with that. I have always been a fan of their program.

JMarkJohns
03-31-2008, 09:05 AM
I have UCLA/UNC as well, but have UCLA's defense overtaking UNC's offense. The need Mbah Moute to be healthy, though. His versatility on defense is HUGE. Keefe has been playing very well when given minutes, though.

tlongII
03-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Wow, I didn't even know this thread dedicated to me :lol existed.

We might go to the games (press) but it depends on a few factors. I haven't watch that much UCLA basketball this year and I feel like I am really missing out. I know that a lot of you think they are cheaters and just getting by, but we'll see.

Kori, you should go if you can. The Final Four is in San Antonio, right?

I went to it in Seattle in 95 (the last time UCLA won) and had a blast!