PDA

View Full Version : kidd to save the wolves?

ducks
01-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Wolves still want Kidd

Hard to be patient

The Timberwolves are in one of their worst slumps -- losing seven of their past eight after Wednesday loss to Orlando at Target Center -- since they started becoming a perennial playoff team, and this poor performance has not made Kevin McHale happy.

"It's hard to be patient, but you have to be," said the Wolves' vice president of basketball operations. "You've got to work your way through it. Right now, we're not playing very good. I've said it a million times, but I'll say it again: You dig holes in the NBA over time and you crawl out in the same amount of time. You don't dig a hole overnight, you don't crawl out overnight. You've got to keep working; you've just got to keep working."

There isn't any doubt that McHale has been on the phone trying to find out the interest of other teams, also in trouble, in making a trade. The Wolves would love to put Nets All-Star point guard Jason Kidd in a Minnesota uniform.

"I'll make the right trade," McHale said. "I ask myself, 'Would I make this trade if we won eight in a row? Or would I make this trade if we lost eight in a row?' If the answer is, if you say you'll make the trade when you have won eight in a row, I make the trade. If you say you'll make the trade when you've lost eight in a row, it's a bad time to make the trade.

"If you add another player, any different players, to a team that is really dysfunctional and not playing well, it's not going to make that big of a difference."
Troy Hudson, Michael Olowokandi and Sam Cassell all had off-season surgery, and you wonder if that is having something to do with the poor play of all three lately.

McHale says no.

"They've got to get themselves going and play a little better, but it's a team thing," he said. "We have to look at ourselves, though. You can mention a lot of weird stuff all over, but we're not moving the ball enough on our offensive end. So we have to do better at that. We've got to clog the paint more on the defensive end. We've got to do a better job at that."

It was pointed out teams seem to be roughing up Kevin Garnett and defending him a lot tougher this season.

"They're going after him a little bit, which just means we've got to get better spacing and move the ball more and try to counteract that with our ball movement and shooting," McHale said.

McHale is frustrated, but there's no doubt that Garnett is just as frustrated, if not more.

Supergirl
01-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Wolves would have to give up Wally, and mabe Kandi and Troy Hudson to even make this close, and that would be a bad deal for them.

The Wolves are already full of old and creaky players with bloated contracts (Spree, Cassell) - they want another old and creaky player with an even more bloated contract? Bad move. I'd love to see them do it.

exstatic
01-13-2005, 11:58 PM
"If you add another player, any different players, to a team that is really dysfunctional and not playing well, it's not going to make that big of a difference."

Not true,

Signed
Toronto and Orlando

Wolves would have to give up Wally, and mabe Kandi and Troy Hudson to even make this close, and that would be a bad deal for them.

Not true,

signed,
capspace (Spree)

SequSpur
01-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Another twolve thread in the spurs forum.

WTF?

Just combine all the forums.

Screw it.

milkyway21
01-14-2005, 03:53 AM
sorry, Kidd said he doesn't want to be traded....

Kori Ellis
01-14-2005, 03:58 AM
Another twolve thread in the spurs forum.

WTF?

Just combine all the forums.

Screw it.

Sequ, how about you just STFU on this matter!?

Some things that other teams do, effect the Spurs. For example, if Kidd went to a Western Conference contender, that would. So, it's in the Spurs forum. Something like an EC team signing a scrub doesn't effect the Spurs. So, it's in the NBA forum.

Let me monitor my own forum and you worry about yourself. If something is in the wrong forum, I'll move it.

Slo spurs fan
01-14-2005, 04:06 AM
^^ :lol :lol :lol

Sequ is now :oops and:depressed !

:lol :lol :lol

Duncanoypi
01-14-2005, 07:34 AM
Sequ forum....

johnny00
01-14-2005, 08:24 AM

Let me monitor my own forum and you worry about yourself. If something is in the wrong forum, I'll move it.

Oh Snap!

gay abc
01-14-2005, 09:24 AM

Some things that other teams do, effect the Spurs. For example, if Kidd went to a Western Conference contender, that would. So, it's in the Spurs forum. Something like an EC team signing a scrub doesn't effect the Spurs. So, it's in the NBA forum.

you go girl!!!! :smokin

:lmao :lmao

bigzak25
01-14-2005, 09:33 AM
http://www.sahoops.net/smilies/lmao.gif someone got served.

i hope minny trades shooters for kidd. i think wally z is pretty good...i'll be glad to see minny lose him.

Experiment2100
01-14-2005, 10:01 AM
I nominate Kori for post of the year, that's how you lay down the rules.

As for Kidd, let his little injured ass turn tail and run. He's getting everything he deserves for a. not signing with the Spurs (didn't really want him here, but that was just stupid) b. Running Byron Scott out of town.

Rummpd
01-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Kori:

Perfecto y muchas gracias

GrandeDavid
01-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Yikes. I hope this deal does not happen, although I'd still put my money on the Spurs against any Western Conference team with practically any combination of players less Shaq.

BigVee
01-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Regardless of record the T-Wolves are still a threat. It is a long season. I would not like to see JKidd in a wolves uni...sooner or later he is going to get it going.

johnny00
01-14-2005, 01:18 PM
^^^^ Naw J Kidds best years are far behind him. TP would smoke him any day of the week, just ask Stevie Nash.

SequSpur
01-14-2005, 06:30 PM

No.

SequSpur
01-14-2005, 06:30 PM
NBA Forum

Rummpd
01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Yikes. I hope this deal does not happen, although I'd still put my money on the Spurs against any Western Conference team with practically any combination of players less Shaq.

Brazil

And why is that? They thumped the Lakers 2/4 years and then were 0.4 away last year with Shaq and Lakers were bailed out not by star power but a role player. Now Shaq has Wade and is 7 and 8 vs. West team. Only dominating because of the sad state of East.

Shaq is not unbeatable!!!!

milkyway21
01-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Regardless of record the T-Wolves are still a threat. It is a long season. I would not like to see JKidd in a wolves uni...sooner or later he is going to get it going.Kidd would ONLY want to be traded to a team with big chances of winning a title. It looks like Minny @ .500 is not that team. But, I would say Kidd playing alongside KG is really scary... :rolleyes