PDA

View Full Version : Race for 7th & 8th Seed

crc21209
03-30-2008, 01:51 AM
So with the ever so changing standings in the Western Conf. lets take a look at the Mavs, Warriors, & Nuggets remaining schedules....and what ya'll think will happen....especially you Mavs, Nuggs, and Warriors fans....

Mavs 45-27 (currently in 7th)

Sun, Mar 30 @ Golden State
Mon, Mar 31 @ LA Clippers
Wed, Apr 2 Golden State
Fri, Apr 4 @ LA Lakers
Sun, Apr 6 @ Phoenix
Tue, Apr 8 Seattle
Thu, Apr 10 Utah
Sat, Apr 12 @ Portland
Sun, Apr 13 @ Seattle
Wed, Apr 16 New Orleans

Nuggets 45-28 (currently in 8th)

Mon, Mar 31 @ Phoenix
Tue, Apr 1 Phoenix
Sat, Apr 5 Sacramento
Sun, Apr 6 @ Seattle
Tue, Apr 8 @ LA Clippers
Thu, Apr 10 @ Golden State
Sat, Apr 12 @ Utah
Sun, Apr 13 Houston
Wed, Apr 16 Memphis

Warriors 44-28 (currently in 9th now)

Sun, Mar 30 Dallas
Tue, Apr 1 @ San Antonio
Wed, Apr 2 @ Dallas
Fri, Apr 4 @ Memphis
Sun, Apr 6 @ New Orleans
Tue, Apr 8 Sacramento
Thu, Apr 10 Denver
Sat, Apr 12 LA Clippers
Mon, Apr 14 @ Phoenix
Wed, Apr 16 Seattle

Findog
03-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Warriors and Nuggets will get in. Our schedule is too tough without Dirk.

SpursDynasty
03-30-2008, 02:10 AM
The Mavericks will just lose the games they're supposed to lose. I'm glad the NBA is making up for the shit they've done the past 2 years by not handing games to Dallas anymore.

SpursDynasty
03-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Golden State controls its own destiny. They play Dallas twice this week, and are one game behind Dallas record-wise.

Findog
03-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Actually, there are some whispers that Dirk might be ready to go for the April 2nd home game against Golden State. If that's true, and he's reasonably close to 100%, we might get in as the eighth seed over the Warriors. We should be able to beat the Dubs at home with Dirk, since they'll be on the 2nd of a b2b. But if he's still out, we're sunk.

Findog
03-30-2008, 02:14 AM
The Mavericks will just lose the games they're supposed to lose. I'm glad the NBA is making up for the shit they've done the past 2 years by not handing games to Dallas anymore.

http://www.bigbaer.com/assets/pink-get-the-party-started.jpg

Findog
03-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Golden State controls its own destiny. They play Dallas twice this week, and are one game behind Dallas record-wise.

Jeff is just refusing to act with the common decency he's supposed to lack. NO surprises there.

B and P Cats
03-30-2008, 03:38 AM
Warriors and Nuggets will get in. Our schedule is too tough without Dirk.

What is it with you, Dallas fans? I see it everywhere from you. All I see you do is talk crap about your team. "We'll never win without Dirk!" Is he the only player on your team who can play? If that is true, you need different players! We aren't winning that many games (yet) but we don't say "oh, we'll never win without Emeka, or we'll never win without Ray Felton, or we'll never win without Gerald Wallace." The fact is that we can beat other teams without those guys because we have done it before. You have no respect for your team and neither does anyone else. Just my two cents worth.

Otaku
03-30-2008, 04:08 AM
Dallas and Denver will make it, GS will be out.

eisfeld
03-30-2008, 04:29 AM
Dallas and Denver will make it, GS will be out.

+ 1
although I hope GSW gets in...

boutons_
03-30-2008, 09:15 AM
"Golden State controls its own destiny"

Infinitesimally just out of 8th, GSW has a very tough schedule against playoff teams:

Sun, Mar 30 Dallas
Tue, Apr 1 @ San Antonio
Wed, Apr 2 @ Dallas
Sun, Apr 6 @ New Orleans
Thu, Apr 10 Denver
Mon, Apr 14 @ Phoenix

I don't think GSW is tough enough to finish in 8th. No defense will do that to ya. They will finish just slightly out of 8th.

Findog
03-30-2008, 10:46 AM
What is it with you, Dallas fans? I see it everywhere from you. All I see you do is talk crap about your team. "We'll never win without Dirk!" Is he the only player on your team who can play? If that is true, you need different players! We aren't winning that many games (yet) but we don't say "oh, we'll never win without Emeka, or we'll never win without Ray Felton, or we'll never win without Gerald Wallace." The fact is that we can beat other teams without those guys because we have done it before. You have no respect for your team and neither does anyone else. Just my two cents worth.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat

td4mvp21
03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
If the Mavs can get in as the 8th seed against the Hornets, I think it would be interesting to see how that series pans out.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-30-2008, 11:16 AM
So with the ever so changing standings in the Western Conf. lets take a look at the Mavs, Warriors, & Nuggets remaining schedules....and what ya'll think will happen....especially you Mavs, Nuggs, and Warriors fans....

Nuggets 45-28 (currently in 8th)

Mon, Mar 31 @ Phoenix - loss
Tue, Apr 1 Phoenix - win
Sat, Apr 5 Sacramento - win
Sun, Apr 6 @ Seattle - win
Tue, Apr 8 @ LA Clippers - win
Thu, Apr 10 @ Golden State - win
Sat, Apr 12 @ Utah - loss
Sun, Apr 13 Houston - win
Wed, Apr 16 Memphis - win

Nuggets could go 7-2 and end up 52-30 but more likely they will go 5-4 and end up at 50-32

mavsfan1000
03-30-2008, 11:35 AM
If the Mavs can get in as the 8th seed against the Hornets, I think it would be interesting to see how that series pans out.
Paul would embarrass Kidd as Kidd doesn't have foot speed anymore to stay with Paul.

Allanon
03-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I think
#7 Nugz - too much star power to not make the Playoffs
#8 Mavs - Warriors lose tiebreaker game against Mavs coming up this week.

Shank
03-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Paul would embarrass Kidd as Kidd doesn't have foot speed anymore to stay with Paul.

Tell us, then...who can contain Paul this year? From what I've seen, he's clowned just about everyone.

Tough stretch coming up for GS. Can they make another late run this year without Richardson helping lead the way? If Dallas wins tonight and they do get Dirk back on Wednesday, then the Mavs are in great shape to make the playoffs. I think the Mavs win the last 5 to close out the season. A couple without Dirk would obviously help things.

td4mvp21
03-30-2008, 07:29 PM

Well yeah but the whole series wouldn't be about Paul. Who would guard Dirk? David West? :lol Who would guard Howard? Peja? :lmao They don't have the individual nor team defense to defend at a championship level. If they win the West it will be because their offense can't be stopped.

boutons_
03-30-2008, 07:38 PM
It's going to be a very sphincter-tightening two weeks for those 3 teams. Very entertaining. I hope NBA TV can put several games that aren't scheduled on national TV.

JK2
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
#7 Nuggets or Jazz
#8 Mavs
#9 Warriors

Crookshanks
03-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Just heard that Stackhouse is out tonight - that doesn't bode well for the Mavs to have another good player out tonight.

himat
03-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Watch out for the Jazz too. If Denver gets ahead of them for the division there playoff hopes are in jeopardy too.

Otaku
03-30-2008, 08:23 PM
6 minutes in the 1st quarter and JK already has 7 assists O_O

crc21209
03-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Well now with Dallas losing to GS last night there is a 3-way tie for the 7th, 8th, and 9th seeds all at 45-28. I think GS and Den get in with Dallas having to play GS, LA, & maybe even Utah without Dirk, thats just too much to ask for them to get in.

MajorMike
03-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Don't give it to the mavs - their fans have already given up.

monosylab1k
03-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Don't give it to the mavs - their fans have already given up.
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Shank
03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Dirk might be back Wednesday. If not, I'd say he's a good shot to play on the road trip next weekend (Lakers, Suns).

MajorMike
03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Stein says he thinks he should be back within a couple days.

crc21209
03-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Even with that I still dont see how Dallas makes the Playoffs, they play GS, LA, & Phx this week and next week another tough game with Utah.

GS also has its tough part with SA, Dal, New Orleans, and Denver as the tough games coming up for them. So its kind of a toss up.

Findog
03-31-2008, 04:38 PM
^ If Dirk is back they should beat the Jazz at home, and the Warriors on Wednesday if he's in the lineup. Without him, I don't see how they can beat anybody other than the Clippers and Sonics.

LEONARD
04-03-2008, 04:42 PM

Were the Mavs supposed to lose last night?

Just wonderin'...