PDA

View Full Version : UK Bus Driver Stops Bus So He Can Pray to Allah

PEP
03-30-2008, 10:46 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article976258.ece

A MUSLIM bus driver told stunned passengers to get off so he could PRAY.

The white Islamic convert rolled out his prayer mat in the aisle and knelt on the floor facing Mecca.

Passengers watched in amazement as he held out his palms towards the sky, bowed his head and began to chant.

One, who filmed the man on his mobile phone, said: “He was clearly praying and chanting in Arabic.

Route to Mecca ... he kneels on prayer mat
placed at front of the bus
“We thought it was a wind-up at first, like Jeremy Beadle.”

The 21-year-old plumber added: “He looked English and had a London accent. He looked like a Muslim convert, with a big, bushy beard.

“Eventually everyone started complaining. One woman said, ‘What the hell are you doing? I’m going to be late for work’.”

After a few minutes the driver calmly got up, opened the doors and asked everyone back on board.

But they saw a rucksack lying on the floor of the red single-decker and feared he might be a fanatic. So they all refused.

The passenger added: “One chap said, ‘I’m not getting on there now’.

“An elderly couple also looked really confused and worried.

“After seeing that no-one wanted to get on he drove off and we all waited until the next bus came about 20 minutes later. I was left totally stunned. It made me not want to get on a bus again.”

The bizarre event unfolded on the number 81 in Langley, Berkshire, at around 1.30pm on Thursday.

The passenger said he rang the bus firm to complain but claimed it did not believe him.

He said: “They asked me, ‘Are you sure?’. Then they said they would get back to me, but they weren’t taking me seriously at all.”

Yesterday the driver, who said his name was Hrun, told The Sun: “I asked everyone to get off because I needed to pray. I was running late and had not had time.

“I pray five times a day as a Muslim — but I don’t normally ask people to get off the bus to do it.”

Muslims pray at pre-dawn, noon, afternoon, sunset and evening.

A spokesperson for bus company London United said: “We are aware of a reported incident involving our route 81.

“We are currently undertaking a full investigation into the matter.”

PEP
03-30-2008, 10:52 AM
then again

i don't think terrorists normally make a big show of praying in arabic real loudi n public, then invite people to board the bus he/she's going to blow up
You never know, he could be new at it.

Don Quixote
03-30-2008, 09:25 PM
You think this is strange.

Just you wait until Islam becomes the majority religion in the UK, or some other Western European country.

You haven't seen anything yet.

MannyIsGod
03-30-2008, 09:29 PM
So why is this newsworthy?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-30-2008, 09:29 PM
i'm glad he isn't a heart surgeon

Don Quixote
03-30-2008, 09:59 PM
i'm glad he isn't a heart surgeon

Or a fighter pilot.

Or an emergency room doctor.

Or one of those guys who climb skyscrapers to replace light bulbs.

We can sit around all day and think of these ...

makedamnsure
03-30-2008, 10:12 PM
did you guys hear that new report that Islam is bigger than Catholicism?

Don Quixote
03-30-2008, 10:19 PM
did you guys hear that new report that Islam is bigger than Catholicism?

Yeah, I have heard reports here and there about it. It's a difficult statement to evaluate -- are we counting only the ones who go to Mass/mosque? And how would we know? Should we count the numbers of churches or mosques? And how would we find out anyway?

I've also heard that Islam is making converts in the West faster than anyone, and they're right up there with the Mormons in the US. Islams, I guess, appeals to Westerns, particularly Westerners of color, who are disillusioned with the lack of meaning/spirituality/morality in the West, which has largely discarded religion in favor of atheistic modernist and postmodern systems. Unlike the other world religions, however, Islam does not play well with democracy and tends to dominate when in the majority.

On the other hand, Moslems are coming to faith in Christ in large numbers in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, and much of the Middle East. It's not reported much, nor is it reportable anyway, because most converts from Islam either keep it quiet and live, tell others about it and get killed, or emigrate.

Catholicism, insofar as it is evangelical (proclaims the Gospel), is doing well.

Long story short ... Europe is in big trouble if they don't do something drastic and soon.

BonnerDynasty
03-30-2008, 11:27 PM
lmao that is some funnnyyyy....

wait...brb...

Ok back. That is some funny shit!

MannyIsGod
03-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I have heard reports here and there about it. It's a difficult statement to evaluate -- are we counting only the ones who go to Mass/mosque? And how would we know? Should we count the numbers of churches or mosques? And how would we find out anyway?

I've also heard that Islam is making converts in the West faster than anyone, and they're right up there with the Mormons in the US. Islams, I guess, appeals to Westerns, particularly Westerners of color, who are disillusioned with the lack of meaning/spirituality/morality in the West, which has largely discarded religion in favor of atheistic modernist and postmodern systems. Unlike the other world religions, however, Islam does not play well with democracy and tends to dominate when in the majority.

On the other hand, Moslems are coming to faith in Christ in large numbers in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, and much of the Middle East. It's not reported much, nor is it reportable anyway, because most converts from Islam either keep it quiet and live, tell others about it and get killed, or emigrate.

Catholicism, insofar as it is evangelical (proclaims the Gospel), is doing well.

Long story short ... Europe is in big trouble if they don't do something drastic and soon.:lol

They'd be better off if they were going to be mostly Christian right?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-31-2008, 08:38 AM
bigalee bigalee

mrsmaalox
03-31-2008, 09:21 AM
I've also heard that Islam is making converts in the West faster than anyone, and they're right up there with the Mormons in the US.

Right up where with the Mormons???

Don Quixote
04-03-2008, 12:25 AM
:lol

They'd be better off if they were going to be mostly Christian right?

Well, to the extent that Christianity is not as predisposed to violence than Islam, and tends to respect personal freedom, then yes, Europe would be far better off.

Now, I am not arguing for a state-run Christianity. State sponsorship of Christianity actually cheapens the Gospel and weakens the church. Islam, on the other hand, MUST be state sponsored because its goal is to expand Dar al-Islam (the House of Submission to God) through political and economic means. External behavior is highly emphasized in Islam, whereas devotion to and faith in a personal God is the emphasis in Christianity. Very different.

Don Quixote
04-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Right up where with the Mormons???

Yes, I need to clarify. Mormonism is a very quickly growing religion. I have read that the Mormons "baptize an entire Baptist church every day." They are growing particularly in Latin America and Polynesia, and remain strong in the West.

Islam is growing rapidly among African-Americans and, interestingly enough, white Protestants! (This is because in order to marry a Moslem, one must convert to Islam. This is not unique -- while Catholicism has traditionally wanted people to convert to Catholicism in order to marry, people seem more willing to flout Catholic authority than try their luck with some imam.)

Fillmoe
04-03-2008, 01:17 AM
all religions are fake ass bullshit anyways.....