PDA

View Full Version : FINLEY aka DA MONEY MAN!

spursluva
03-30-2008, 01:28 PM
...can you give it up & HOLLAH PHO "DA MONEY MAN!"

...that is all Spurs Fanz :fro

PS. Sorry H-Town...

manufor3
03-30-2008, 01:31 PM
finley is gettin his touch back!

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-30-2008, 01:34 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90620

Double post?

SequSpur
03-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Mike Finally!

manufor3
03-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Mike Finally!
:lol
:cooldevil

ChumpDumper
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM

Double post?That's ok -- there were multiple "Finley sucks" threads too.

spursluva
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM

Double post?

negative sir...new day, new game...anothah thread IS necessary to prove DA MONEY MAN is B A C K! ...good Karma this way my brutha!

Peaze :fro

manufor3
03-30-2008, 01:39 PM
FINELY!!!

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-30-2008, 02:28 PM
22pts 9-13 FG
:tu

spursluva
03-30-2008, 02:32 PM
"I took it upon myself to step my game up..."

Michael Finley (aka Da Money Man) after torchin' da Rockettes for 22pts :fro

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-30-2008, 02:52 PM
"I took it upon myself to step my game up..."

Michael Finley (aka Da Money Man) after torchin' da Rockettes for 22pts :fro

I don't want to come off ungrateful or anything...but wtf Finley?

you could have helped out the record disparity on our part, if you showed up three weeks ago. All of a sudden Barry's return?

You jerk! :lol

well, whatever, if Finley continues a consistent J in the playoffs, I'm going to love feeling sorry for the other teams.

Kori Ellis
03-30-2008, 03:01 PM

I don't want to come off ungrateful or anything...but wtf Finley?

you could have helped out the record disparity on our part, if you showed up three weeks ago. All of a sudden Barry's return?

You jerk! :lol

well, whatever, if Finley continues a consistent J in the playoffs, I'm going to love feeling sorry for the other teams.

Spursluva only posted part of what he said. He also basically said that he started slumping and began to lose his confidence (leading to more slumping). He worked his way through it, and got his confidence back.

timvp
03-30-2008, 03:04 PM
It's funny that when Finley hits shots, he's suddenly an attentive and somewhat athletic overall player. When he's bricking, it's like he has cement boots on.

But props to Finley. All he needs to do is shoot about 40-42% from now on and that'll be good enough to keep defenses honest.

boutons_
03-30-2008, 03:09 PM
yep, Michael is a little soft mentally. Everybody sees it.

He doesn't play the rest of the game when his shot isn't falling.

Probably too old to change, but it would be super welcome from now 'til end of June.

batboy
03-30-2008, 03:09 PM
props to both finley and (shudder to think) tafoya today

jag
03-30-2008, 03:14 PM
props to both finley and (shudder to think) tafoya today

:rolleyes

loveforthegame
03-30-2008, 03:17 PM
The boxscore shows Finley was 9-13 but I only saw him miss 3 shots. I could only find 3 missed shots on the play-by-play recap as well.

It's good to see him hitting at a high percentage for 6 games now. He looks confident, moving without the ball well, and isn't just settling for 3 pointers. I liked that he had 6 rebounds and his defense was pretty darn good too. He got caught a couple times on a screen that led to baskets by Battier and Head but otherwise wasn't a liability.

Spurminator
03-30-2008, 03:18 PM
MFPAM

batboy
03-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh I get the eyeroll, nice.

NOTE TO JAG AND TPARK:

There are plenty of old-school members around here that have been more than critical of Finley this year. I don't mind being the poster child but it's funny that you guys can't find your keyboard when some honest criticism comes from timvp, kori, etc.

TampaDude
03-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Finley was hitting everything, including tough fadeaway jumpers...he's in a groove now...if it continues into the playoffs, the Spurs will roll to title #5...

td4mvp21
03-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Finley owned the Rockets today. He couldn't miss.

T Park
03-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Oh I get the eyeroll, nice.

NOTE TO JAG AND TPARK:

There are plenty of old-school members around here that have been more than critical of Finley this year. I don't mind being the poster child but it's funny that you guys can't find your keyboard when some honest criticism comes from timvp, kori, etc.

There critique was valid.

You and others was born out of stupidity and childishness.

T Park
03-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Alot of Finley's shots today were as they have been in rhythm.

His shot selection and where they've been taken is 100% different than it was two weeks ago.

batboy
03-30-2008, 03:42 PM
There critique was valid.

You and others was born out of stupidity and childishness.

Oh, right, for a minute there I forgot that the "childish" line was du jour right now. It certainly didn't have anything to do with people jumping into the Finley sucks threads to laugh at you getting owned. I'm tired of taking the high road during this new regime of Finley actually playing some basketball.

So, without any abbreviation:

Shut the fuck up.

jag
03-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Oh, right, for a minute there I forgot that the "childish" line was du jour right now. It certainly didn't have anything to do with people jumping into the Finley sucks threads to laugh at you getting owned. I'm tired of taking the high road during this new regime of Finley actually playing some basketball.

Shut the fuck up.

People were jumping into the Finley sucks thread to "own" those with level heads??

This coming from someone who made statements like "Finley won't ever hit big shots come playoff time" and "he's completely done and there's no way he's gonna come out of the slump, cause it's not a slump." Who actually says that???

T Park
03-30-2008, 03:47 PM

Shut the fuck up.

Your tired of appreciating Finley?

Shocking.

jag
03-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Your tired of appreciating Finley?

Shocking.

props to finley

Man, that must have been tough.

T Park
03-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Like pulling teeth i gaurantee.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Finley's inconsistency is maddening because he is so good when he's on.

DAINTX
03-30-2008, 04:03 PM
It was only a matter of time before Finley got his shot back. He's been too great a natural shooter for far too long for it to just leave him. If he can stay hot through the playoffs and Berry can come in and play at 90%, the Spurs are gonna be a tough out.

temujin
03-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Props to Popovich that DIDN'T bench him for good.

Finley is a championship caliber player. When he is on, there are very few playes that so dangerous.

Starting him during the slump propably helped his confidence back.

batboy
03-30-2008, 04:08 PM
You guys act as if "slumps" are forced on players by some unseen, malevolent hand.

Fact is Michael Finley was grossly inadequate at his job this season and has (apparently) stepped up under dubious circumstances. Even if you believe that the basketball gods force shooting slumps on players, there is no such thing as a defensive slump or rebounding slump. All of a sudden Mike Fin can do all three.

Either he was silently injured most of the year, or he is a moody piece of shit whose lack of attention and dedication cost us games.

temujin
03-30-2008, 04:23 PM
You guys act as if "slumps" are forced on players by some unseen, malevolent hand.

Fact is Michael Finley was grossly inadequate at his job this season and has (apparently) stepped up under dubious circumstances. Even if you believe that the basketball gods force shooting slumps on players, there is no such thing as a defensive slump or rebounding slump. All of a sudden Mike Fin can do all three.

Either he was silently injured most of the year, or he is a moody piece of shit whose lack of attention and dedication cost us games.

Right, there is no defensive slump.
I don't know what is your baskeball experience, but my recollection is that I could never perform well in January and came back to full life in March and April. There are periods when you fell better than ever.

nfg3
03-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Alot of Finley's shots today were as they have been in rhythm.

His shot selection and where they've been taken is 100% different than it was two weeks ago.

Also the ball movement has been improving. Finley is a catch and shoot/ take several dribbles and shoot type of player - not the slasher that Manu is IMO. He needs to get the ball in rhythm to do this. With the improved ball movement this has enabled him to do what he does best. Therefore the improved shooting by Finley. In the past the Spurs have been holding the ball too long and not moving it crisply. When they pass the way they have recently things seem to work out much beter.

T Park
03-30-2008, 08:19 PM

Wow.

Someone got turned down for a date from Fin...

T Park
03-30-2008, 08:21 PM

Also the ball movement has been improving. Finley is a catch and shoot/ take several dribbles and shoot type of player - not the slasher that Manu is IMO. He needs to get the ball in rhythm to do this. With the improved ball movement this has enabled him to do what he does best. Therefore the improved shooting by Finley. In the past the Spurs have been holding the ball too long and not moving it crisply. When they pass the way they have recently things seem to work out much beter.

Yup.

But obviously hes either been hurt, or has a "poor attitude"

:rolleyes

Holt's Cat
03-30-2008, 11:29 PM
If Finley can be a consistent 4th scorer then I feel rather good about the Spurs' postseason chances.

Herschel Walker
03-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Finley putting up 50%+ fg consistently in the playoffs makes the Spurs a team without many holes and extremely tough. Hope he stays strong.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-31-2008, 12:18 AM
"Last week I couldn't buy a bucket," said Finley, who shot 0-of-7 against the Dallas Mavericks last Sunday. "Last night I made sure I got to bed early. Got up early. My wife cooked me a good breakfast. ... I was ready to go."

Maybe the ellipses implies his wife put something extra in his breakfast this morning...

manufor3
04-02-2008, 06:53 AM
13 for fin against golden state!

T Park
04-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Not one of his better shooting games, but his defense, rebounding and passing was damn good.

Nary a voice from the haters.

Shocking.