PDA

View Full Version : Barry and Horry

Holt's Cat
03-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Both have contributed in some shape or form in title runs past. This season, I'm none too sure as to their postseason prospects. At least Barry's return seems to have lit a fire under Finley's ass.

The Spurs could use those guys. What's up?

TwoHandJam
03-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Missing Horry's contributions concerns me the most although Barry was nice to have in a pinch when our offense stalls - which has been a lot lately. Not many games left to get these guys back into the mix. Also, the games we do have left are virtually must-wins so they can't be eased back into game shape either.

Sucks.

Ronaldo McDonald
03-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Well, Jeff Can Gundy said that Brent's injury is the same one that forced his bro, John Barry, to retire.

As for Horry, I still think he's got one more "Big Shot Rob" moment left in him.

Only one thing is for sure: These guys will not be as big contributers as they were in our title runs before. Finley will have to up his game in basically every way possible and so will everybody else.

DAF86
03-30-2008, 11:42 PM
all we need from them is a couple of 3s

timvp
03-30-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm hoping they can get healthy enough to play in the playoffs, even if it's just spot minutes. If Barry can play the Kerr role and Horry can play the Perdue/Willis/Massenburg, that should be good enough.

The chances of Barry being able to come back and play major minutes is slim, as are the chances of Horry coming back and playing 20+ minutes in the playoffs. They are going to be needed though in the playoffs. Both players have high basketball IQs and both can spread the floor. Those attributes become vital in the playoffs.

T Park
03-31-2008, 12:01 AM
horry's injury is not that serious as Barry I don't think...

O-Factor
03-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Im predicting Horry to have at least one Big Shot Rob moment to win a game for us in these playoffs.

honestfool84
03-31-2008, 12:04 AM
if big shot rob could average 4ppg and 2rbg, that would be enough, i think.

and if barry could average 6ppg and 2apg, that would be enough, too.

ploto
03-31-2008, 12:12 AM
I think it is going to be hard even to find minutes for these two guys-- minutes to get into game shape and minutes in the rotation.

loveforthegame
03-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Horry was playing well before the injury. I didn't think it was serious but the Spurs are probably being cautious with him. Thankfully we haven't needed him yet. It would be nice to see him against GS because we'd have 2 days off before facing Utah in case the knee swells up some.

Barry concerns me. I don't think we should expect to see him until the playoffs. If then even.

DAF86
03-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Horry was playing well before the injury. I didn't think it was serious but the Spurs are probably being cautious with him. Thankfully we haven't needed him yet. It would be nice to see him against GS because we'd have 2 days off before facing Utah in case the knee swells up some.

Barry concerns me. I don't think we should expect to see him until the playoffs. If then even.

why do you have the warriors as your team?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-31-2008, 12:34 AM
Horry's our good luck charm so I hope he'll be ready and healthy enough in three weeks just to be a presence. He has enough intangibles to play spot minutes, and all he has to do is just stand there in key plays, given his three point history.

I hope they're playing it safe with both and they're both game ready.

whottt
03-31-2008, 01:52 AM
Their importance will depend on who we match up against...both of them have more value against a certain type of team...

I don't see either of them being a huge need against a team like the Warriors or Rockets...teams like the Suns and Jazz? Definitely.

IMO, they'll both be needed against the Celtics...defense aint gonna be enough against the Celts.

m33p0
03-31-2008, 03:07 AM
could and would use those guys. horry will find a way go out with a bang. hitting a game-winning 3 pointer in game 7 of the finals against detroit/boston is not out of the question.

loveforthegame
03-31-2008, 11:07 AM
why do you have the warriors as your team?

I like to watch them play and thought most here knew I was already a Spurs fan first.

hater
03-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Barry is finished, I don't think he'll be able to play not even 1 minute.

Horry will play. and contribute in playoffs