PDA

View Full Version : AstrosTalk 2008 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2

ATRAIN
03-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Opening game tonight vs the Padres. We have Roy O going up against Peavy in a great National League Pitchers duel. Opening day middle of the lineup looks like this

The projected order of players has changed a half-dozen times since Spring Training started, but it appears manager Cecil Cooper has settled on the middle of his order. Berkman will hit third, Lee fourth and Miguel Tejada fifth, with Hunter Pence either sliding into the two-hole or six-hole, although Cooper is leaning toward Pence hitting second on Opening Day.

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080325&content_id=2458168&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

Also Woody Williams was cut do to a poor showing in Spring Training

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080329&content_id=2464903&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

I liked Woody as a Player but bottom line was he did not cut it last year and proved in Spring Training that he was not going to cut it this year. I wish him the best if he decides to play.

leemajors
03-31-2008, 11:56 AM
hopefully the stros can score enough runs, god knows the pitching outside of Roy O is HORRIBLE.

ATRAIN
03-31-2008, 12:02 PM
hopefully the stros can score enough runs, god knows the pitching outside of Roy O is HORRIBLE.

I think Backe will be decent this year but its always a ? after Tommy Johns. Hopefully Wandy will learn how to pitch on the road. Chacon I don' t know much about him, can someone give me some insight. Sampson is slated as our #5 right now. He has his good games and bad games but I can see him getting better this year, although this just might be my optimism kicking in. Hopefully our offense is what everyone is expecting with our middle of the lineup being as (possibly) dangerous as it is.

monosylab1k
03-31-2008, 12:04 PM
what are Astros fans realistic expecations for this season? can they contend for a playoff spot? is a winning season good enough? just improvement?

monosylab1k
03-31-2008, 12:05 PM
and, just cuz I have to.....

ASSTROLLS SUCK! RANGERS ARE KEEPIN THE SILVER BOOT! WOOO HOOO F THA ASSTROLLS!

Mister Sinister
03-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Alls I know is, I'll be getting home about ten minutes after the game starts, and I'm glad for that.

midgetonadonkey
03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
what are Astros fans realistic expecations for this season? can they contend for a playoff spot? is a winning season good enough? just improvement?

Realistically I'm expecting them to lose about 90 games. With the lack of pitching I think that a .500 season will be pretty decent. Anything better than that will be a huge bonus.

They won't have any trouble scoring runs, like this have in the past, but they will be giving up a shitload of runs.

ATRAIN
03-31-2008, 12:15 PM

Realistic..........well its hard for me because I am optimistic but as much as I hate comparing them like this we are what it is. We are like the Suns or Mavs (Finley, Nash, Finley Era). High Powered Offense, no defense (pitching). I think we might sneak into the playoff via wildcard but we are by no means a team that can win a playoff series with our pitching rotation. So with that being said its a rebuilding year for us, I am anxious to see what Pence, Bourne, and Towles can do in a full season.

ATRAIN
03-31-2008, 12:17 PM
and, just cuz I have to.....

ASSTROLLS SUCK! RANGERS ARE KEEPIN THE SILVER BOOT! WOOO HOOO F THA ASSTROLLS!

and yes I expected as much, don't worry though ill be keeping close contact with you and Melmart come May 16-18.

degenerate_gambler
03-31-2008, 12:26 PM
I think they'll finish 4th in the division..

Hopefully Backe can be a solid #2 guy and Valverde will be an upgrade over Lidge..

Not sure about Bourn...good potential. Tejada...who really knows yet? Matsui...needs to be consistent.

I don't think they're any better than a 82-84 win club and that's being optimistic about the starting pitching, which is a huge question mark.

ATRAIN
03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I think they'll finish 4th in the division..

Hopefully Backe can be a solid #2 guy and Valverde will be an upgrade over Lidge..

Not sure about Bourn...good potential. Tejada...who really knows yet? Matsui...needs to be consistent.

I don't think they're any better than a 82-84 win club and that's being optimistic about the starting pitching, which is a huge question mark.

Who do you think will finish above us in the Div? Brewers, Cubs, Cards?

Mister Sinister
03-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Hopefully not the Cubs. I'm actually an Astros *and* a Cardinals fan (except when they play each other, obviously), so....:lol Yeah, basically, I hate the Cubs.

ATRAIN
03-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Hopefully not the Cubs. I'm actually an Astros *and* a Cardinals fan (except when they play each other, obviously), so....:lol Yeah, basically, I hate the Cubs.

I have a lot of ties to the Cubs but the only way ill cheer them on is in the post season of the Stros are eliminated. Regular season I hope they lose every game. Cards, Pirates, Brewers I hope they all lose no matter what. I can see us above the Cards and Cubs this season, but it will be close. The Brewers should take the div.

degenerate_gambler
03-31-2008, 12:52 PM

Cubs, Cards and Cincy in that order.

ATRAIN
03-31-2008, 12:54 PM

The Reds huh, wow didnt even see that one. Why the Reds so high? Why not the Brewers?

degenerate_gambler
03-31-2008, 01:19 PM
The Reds huh, wow didnt even see that one. Why the Reds so high? Why not the Brewers?

Harang and Arroyo will eat up innings and they have a very good bully but the other three starters are weak. Offensively, they're going to put alot of runs up, but so will the other team probably.

Just a hunch..

Kermit
03-31-2008, 02:20 PM
So, if I wear one of those jersey t-shirts with the #3 and the name Fissure on the back, does that make me an asshole?

leemajors
03-31-2008, 03:44 PM
So, if I wear one of those jersey t-shirts with the #3 and the name Fissure on the back, does that make me an asshole?
Tucks would be good too.

SrA Husker
03-31-2008, 04:59 PM

No chance in hell Cards get 2nd place.

Cubs
Brewers
Reds
Cards/Astros
Pirates

midgetonadonkey
03-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Oswalt with a no hitter so far.

SrA Husker
03-31-2008, 09:35 PM
that sure lasted long.

T Park
03-31-2008, 11:01 PM
No chance in hell Cards get 2nd place.

Cubs
Brewers
Reds
Cards/Astros
Pirates

Right on.

BTW HUSKER FAN

What did the Cubs and Cardinals have in common last year?

Spurminator
03-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Why the hell is this game being blacked out in Dallas??? I fucking hate territorial restrictions.

ATRAIN
04-01-2008, 07:24 AM
High Powered offense MY ASS!!

MoSpur
04-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Why did Roy O stay with the Stros? I love the guy and love that he is an Astro, but dang, the Astros can never produce runs. Same ol stuff.

leemajors
04-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Why did Roy O stay with the Stros? I love the guy and love that he is an Astro, but dang, the Astros can never produce runs. Same ol stuff.
drayton gave him a huge john deere tractor.

MoSpur
04-01-2008, 10:25 AM
drayton gave him a huge john deere tractor.
:lol

Could very well be possible. This guy could have gone to a team with the stuff to make it to the WS. Instead he stayed and the Stros don't go out and get the hitting they need.

ATRAIN
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM

Could very well be possible. This guy could have gone to a team with the stuff to make it to the WS. Instead he stayed and the Stros don't go out and get the hitting they need.

Ok but your saying this after 1 game. If he doesnt get at least 15 wins then ok I wouldn't blame the guy but come on. As pissed as I was not seeing them hit shit last night, it was the first game.

leemajors
04-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Seriously, Drayton gave him a giant bulldozer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2265422

On Monday, McLane fulfilled his part of the bargain, presenting Oswalt with a shiny, new Caterpillar D6N XL -- with a giant red bow on top of the cab.

"That's a pretty good gift for Christmas, for sure,'' Oswalt said.

The Weir, Miss., native beamed as he climbed aboard the corn-colored machine, hauled into the parking lot at Minute Maid Park on a flatbed tractor-trailer.

"This is a dozer you can do anything with,'' Oswalt said.

McLane said a bulldozer has been on Oswalt's wish list almost from the day he moved up to the majors in 2001. The model he purchased for Oswalt cost about $200,000.

MoSpur
04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Ok but your saying this after 1 game. If he doesnt get at least 15 wins then ok I wouldn't blame the guy but come on. As pissed as I was not seeing them hit shit last night, it was the first game.

True A. I'm not in panic mode. I know the season just started, but c'mon. Its too familiar. You don't think Oswalt thought that when he was at the game last night??? You are kidding yourself if you think Roy O was okay with the outting last night. Unless all he cares about is money, then maybe you're right, but I doubt that.

ATRAIN
04-01-2008, 02:40 PM
True A. I'm not in panic mode. I know the season just started, but c'mon. Its too familiar. You don't think Oswalt thought that when he was at the game last night??? You are kidding yourself if you think Roy O was okay with the outting last night. Unless all he cares about is money, then maybe you're right, but I doubt that.

He did give up 3 runs though so he can't totally be thinking that. I understand what your saying and I was thinking the same thing while cursing at the tv.

macdude06
04-01-2008, 02:49 PM
i think our offense can win us some games...but i dont see us winning more than 75.. I think wandy can win 10 games but w/ over a 4 era. Chacon will be an inning eater..Backe is a huge ? and sampson has some potential.. but if any of these guys get hurt we are in trouble..i wouldnt mind houston trying to sign a few players that got cut so we have some potential in the minors..claudio vargas comes to mind.. tejada looked pretty good last night hitting..that double was nice seeing him hit to opposite field...

im just glad baseball season is back!

DOMINATOR
04-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Oswalt shouldnt blame the L on the bats... he gave up 2 RBI to his pal Peavy.
not like peavy is some scrub either he did win cy young last year. although i do agree that the astros made peavy look better last night than he was. couple jitters from a few stros... most noticeably Pence.
you beat peavy by making him throw many many pitches not swing at the first one.

bourn/tejada started the season off great.

MoSpur
04-01-2008, 02:50 PM
He did give up 3 runs though so he can't totally be thinking that. I understand what your saying and I was thinking the same thing while cursing at the tv.

True, but run support helps a pitcher tremendously. If they could have gotten him some runs, he may not give up three runs. We'll see. I hope the Stros can make it back to the WS.

robino2001
04-01-2008, 03:34 PM
True A. I'm not in panic mode.

I'm in panic mode - I was hopeful for the season when looking at the batting lineup but the offense last night was horrendous and I don't think Peavy was the cause for that.

Has Carlos Lee always been so friggen slow? I think Bourn may be the only bright spot to the season - I like him... otherwise, I think the season is right down the pooper with only 161 games to go.

I love the Astros, but my optimism got shot right out of me already last night.

MoSpur
04-01-2008, 03:47 PM
I was very disappointed last night, but I am still gonna hold out hope. At least until mid-June.

SPARKY
04-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Let's hold off until the lineup gets to face someone other than Peavy.

leemajors
04-02-2008, 08:30 AM
now the giants are the only scoreless team in the majors! bourn is good btw.

MoSpur
04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Same stuff once again. Backe did give up 2 runs in five innings, but c'mon. The Astros lineup can only produce 6 hits in 33 ABs. Chris Young is a good pitcher, but please!!!! The Stros need some bats in that lineup. I thought the Miguel Tejada was a good move. Not great, but good. I feel bad for guys like Berkman and Roy O. Those guys deserve a ship. The Stros really need to start thinking about acquiring some bats.

I know its only two games into the season so far, but its too familiar to last season and the season before that.

SPARKY
04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Yes, it is two games into the season.

Melmart1
04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I was very disappointed last night, but I am still gonna hold out hope. At least until mid-June.
Holding out hope after one game? Don't stretch your hope too thin there, buddy!

MoSpur
04-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Sparky, you have to admit, that this is looking too much like last year. I am not gonna stop cheering for the Stros, but as a fan, I get tired of seeing these guys going out to perfom like that.

MoSpur
04-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Melmart......

midgetonadonkey
04-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Their bats will come alive. I have no doubts about their offensive abilities.

degenerate_gambler
04-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Sparky, you have to admit, that this is looking too much like last year. I am not gonna stop cheering for the Stros, but as a fan, I get tired of seeing these guys going out to perfom like that.

How solid is Houston's farm system?

I like the fact the McLane wants to put a team on the field that will try and compete for a pennant. But at some point, I'd like to just see them quit trying to tread water and stop signing the Tejada's and Matsui's...just blow it up....maybe trade an Oswalt or Berkman and get multiple young propects and plug them in with the guys they have in the minors that are promising and let them grow up together.

It is early on, but it seems like deja vu all over again..

robino2001
04-02-2008, 01:33 PM
How solid is Houston's farm system?

I like the fact the McLane wants to put a team on the field that will try and compete for a pennant. But at some point, I'd like to just see them quit trying to tread water and stop signing the Tejada's and Matsui's...just blow it up....maybe trade an Oswalt or Berkman and get multiple young propects and plug them in with the guys they have in the minors that are promising and let them grow up together.

It is early on, but it seems like deja vu all over again..

They were solid... well even VERY good 05-06 (not so much last year), but I believe all of the talent/major prospects have been drained. I live right next to Dell Diamond so I see probably 5-6 Express games a month with all of the family here with season tickets. Two years ago, I was cool with the future of the Astros because sure everyone (Bagwell, Biggio, Clemens, etc) were getting old, but Round Rock fielded future MLB players all the way around, and they have the performances to prove it, but almost all of them have been traded away - Taveras and that group. I missed the RR/CC preseason series this weekend, but I can't imagine RR having much of a team unless there are tons of good young players who've made the move up now.

ATRAIN
04-02-2008, 01:51 PM
They were solid... well even VERY good 05-06 (not so much last year), but I believe all of the talent/major prospects have been drained. I live right next to Dell Diamond so I see probably 5-6 Express games a month with all of the family here with season tickets. Two years ago, I was cool with the future of the Astros because sure everyone (Bagwell, Biggio, Clemens, etc) were getting old, but Round Rock fielded future MLB players all the way around, and they have the performances to prove it, but almost all of them have been traded away - Taveras and that group. I missed the RR/CC preseason series this weekend, but I can't imagine RR having much of a team unless there are tons of good young players who've made the move up now.

You live off of 79? I work in Taylor so im on 79 every day.

Spuradicator
04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
We are like the Suns or Mavs (Finley, Nash, Finley Era). High Powered Offense, no defense (pitching).

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

robino2001
04-02-2008, 04:50 PM
You live off of 79? I work in Taylor so im on 79 every day.

I'm off 1460 just north of 79 (HEB Plus) but I'm on 79 every day. All of the wife's family is from Round Rock - like old old original families of Round Rock - so when the Express came, many of them bought season tickets and they've just stuck with them so we get offers almost every game of the season to go. No need to buy our own tickets, you know :)

I'm looking forward to spending some evenings at the ballpark - I'm just afraid the Express won't be able to put much on the field this year (I hope I'm wrong though!). Did you by chance go out to the open house a couple of weeks back? I hear it was pretty cool - I believe we were in SA that weekend though.

Horry For 3!
04-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Berkman just crushed Hoffman. Fuck yes!

SPARKY
04-02-2008, 11:50 PM
FAT FUCKING ELVIS.

Horry For 3!
04-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Offense came alive tonight. 4 HRs.

SPARKY
04-02-2008, 11:58 PM
1st win of the season.

Horry For 3!
04-03-2008, 12:00 AM
It was a good comeback for the win. Astros were pissing me off.

DOMINATOR
04-03-2008, 12:02 AM
great Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mister Sinister
04-03-2008, 12:39 AM
FUCK YES, BERKMAN! (Little late, I know, but stfu.)

MoSpur
04-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Wow. What a great win for the H-Town. The bats did come to work tonight. Good job. I hope this continues. I don't expect 4 HRs a game nor do I expect 9 runs being brought in, but something.

ATRAIN
04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow. What a great win for the H-Town. The bats did come to work tonight. Good job. I hope this continues. I don't expect 4 HRs a game nor do I expect 9 runs being brought in, but something.

Yeah 4 homers were nice!! Now if Pence can hit one right now and bring in Chacon we can take the lead in the 5th.

ATRAIN
04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
DAMMIT strike 3!!

ATRAIN
04-03-2008, 04:05 PM
3 up 3 down, now we have Loretta, Berkman, Lee up. Hopefully we can make up that run we are down. Chacon has looked pretty good today.

leemajors
04-04-2008, 09:55 AM
blech. wasting good starts sucks.

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 11:06 AM
1st series and its the same as before. I hope all this changes.

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 11:41 AM
1st series and its the same as before. I hope all this changes.

We got the Cubbies today around noon or so, they have only won 1 so hopefully our offense can get going in Wrigleyville.

SPARKY
04-04-2008, 11:45 AM
We got the Cubbies today around noon or so, they have only won 1 so hopefully our offense can get going in Wrigleyville.

One would think so.

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 01:38 PM
One would think so.

LOL well so far no looking that good with the middle of our order already batted with nothing. We do have 2 on no outs for Loretta though.

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Bases Juices 2 outs for..................SAMPSON......fuking great!!

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I love the Cubs. I hate when the Stros play the Cubs or Dodgers. I cheer for the Stros, but feel bad because of I love the Dodgers and Cubbies.

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I love the Cubs. I hate when the Stros play the Cubs or Dodgers. I cheer for the Stros, but feel bad because of I love the Dodgers and Cubbies.

WEll it looks like this is going to a be a long scoreless day :(

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 02:03 PM
On the lighter side did anyone see Towles do a handstand when he got beaned in the leg?

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 02:04 PM
I missed that. I am at work.

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Homer #1 for Towles..........shit man do more handstands Towles. Mo im at work too :).

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 02:14 PM
I just noticed they're up 2-0. YEAH. Wait...Cubs are down at home. I hate this!!!!

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 02:15 PM
I just noticed they're up 2-0. YEAH. Wait...Cubs are down at home. I hate this!!!!

LOL hey man you have to pick sides today :). Borne just made a bad ass diving catch on Soriano.

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 02:19 PM
He just got hit by a pitch.

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Tejada could not produce. I am not liking this Tejada signing at all.

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Tejada could not produce. I am not liking this Tejada signing at all.

He did good our first game. I wasn't happy with it in the first place but there I have learned to accept it. Im just thankfull they did something.

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Tejada is on the decline. His best days are behind him. Its like if the Spurs were to sign Finley. Wait...

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Tejada is on the decline. His best days are behind him. Its like if the Spurs were to sign Finley. Wait...

LOL hey like Finley he will serve his purpose. Tejada on the Decline is still >>>>> Everett as far as batting.

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Damn Berkman made a stretch to save a possible run. Puma is becoming a better 1stbaseman every year.

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 02:50 PM
True about the Everett comparison.

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Tejada came through.

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Good win for the Spurs!!!!

leemajors
04-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Good win for the Spurs!!!!
hopefully so, later.

ATRAIN
04-07-2008, 08:09 PM
damn I hate seeing Albert on in the 9th. Come on Val!!!!

ATRAIN
04-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Phewwwwwwwwwwwww

ATRAIN
04-07-2008, 08:13 PM
DAMN ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE!!! We are cursed with our closers!!!

ATRAIN
04-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Wandy played so good its a shame he wont get this win.

ATRAIN
04-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Walk Off 2 Run For Tejada....welcome To Houston Miguel!!! Thank god we won our home opener!!

SPARKY
04-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Pluses: clutch hitting, Wandy pitching 7 scoreless innings of 3 hit, 6K, 0 BB ball against the Cards

Minuses: Valverde turning into Brad Lidge in the 8th game of the season.

ATRAIN
04-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Pluses: clutch hitting, Wandy pitching 7 scoreless innings of 3 hit, 6K, 0 BB ball against the Cards

Minuses: Valverde turning into Brad Lidge in the 8th game of the season.

Wandy has been pretty good so far this year, and was robbed yesterday because Val blew it. Turning into Brad Lidge however no I wouldnt go THAT far cause if that were the case he would have given them the lead and not a tie. Verde lost his composure after that first hit and got a bit rattled but he didnt give up a homer or anything. Im not ready to throw out the Lidge card just yet.

leemajors
04-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Astros second baseman Kaz Matsui, on the disabled list after surgery to repair an anal fissure, has been cleared to play and will begin a rehab assignment Tuesday with Double-A Corpus Christi. He could return to Houston's lineup as soon as Sunday.

ATRAIN
04-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Astros second baseman Kaz Matsui, on the disabled list after surgery to repair an anal fissure, has been cleared to play and will begin a rehab assignment Tuesday with Double-A Corpus Christi. He could return to Houston's lineup as soon as Sunday.

Finally will be able to see what he can do in our lineup.

SPARKY
04-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Wandy has been pretty good so far this year, and was robbed yesterday because Val blew it. Turning into Brad Lidge however no I wouldnt go THAT far cause if that were the case he would have given them the lead and not a tie. Verde lost his composure after that first hit and got a bit rattled but he didnt give up a homer or anything. Im not ready to throw out the Lidge card just yet.

I don't know man. That was rather Lidge-esque.

ATRAIN
04-08-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't know man. That was rather Lidge-esque.

LOL yeah im sure 99% of Minute Maid last night was thinking the same thing. Valverde is a passoniate player and you could tell he was pissed and lost his composure. I hope he gets that worked out and picks up a save soon.

leemajors
04-08-2008, 11:29 AM
i didn't see the game - did he breeze through the first two batters and then fall apart and lose control on the third?

ATRAIN
04-08-2008, 11:50 AM
i didn't see the game - did he breeze through the first two batters and then fall apart and lose control on the third?

Kind of I dont really remember how it went but if I reember correctly one was a grounder and one was a strikeout (I think).Here is the recap from yahoo sports.

The Astros led 3-0 before the Cardinals three-hit ninth inning. Ryan Ludwick’s two-out, two RBI double off closer Jose Valverde (2-0), who blew the save, tied it at 3 in the top of the ninth. Cesar Izturis scored easily on the hit to right center field. Astros catcher J.R. Towles was in position to tag Troy Glaus at home, but couldn’t hold onto the ball during a collision and Glaus scored the tying run.

A single by Aaron Miles and a walk by Izturis set up an RBI single by Glaus.

The one thing this doesnt mention is that Tejada saved the go ahead run when we intentially walked I forget who to get to Molina. Molina hit it in the gap but closer to Tejada. Tajada dived and flipped the ball back to second for the force out. It was close but was defiantly an out. In my minda Tejada was the man in the 9th and saved the game for us. Well with his 2 run walk off of course but who knows what would have happened if he wouldnt have gotten that out.

T Park
04-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Chris Duncan was intentionally walked.

9 times out of ten, walking someone to pitch to Molina will burn you.

Molina is a clutch mfer.

ATRAIN
04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Chris Duncan was intentionally walked.

9 times out of ten, walking someone to pitch to Molina will burn you.

Molina is a clutch mfer.

yeah and it almost hurt us if if wasnt for Tejada.

ATRAIN
04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
They are replaying the game on FSN right now and its the top of the 9th.

ATRAIN
04-08-2008, 12:44 PM

Ok it was first batter single, second batter walk, third batter strikeout, Puljos flyout, then thats when Glaus hit a 1-2 single to score 1 run. Then the 2 rbi double from Ludwig.

T Park
04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Ludwick :lol

Watch for a guy to play in left field named Brian Barton.

A aerospace engineer, who hits well and is decent in the field.

Got a bad ass set of locks too.

T Park
04-08-2008, 02:26 PM
BTW, Berkman Lee will go fer homers today.

Brad "one good outing a month" Thompson is pitching today.

Shame Piniero and Matt Clement aren't ready yet.

ATRAIN
04-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Ludwick :lol

Watch for a guy to play in left field named Brian Barton.

A aerospace engineer, who hits well and is decent in the field.

Got a bad ass set of locks too.

LOL dammit sorry I was typing as I was listening and it sounded like wig. My bad

ATRAIN
04-08-2008, 02:33 PM
BTW, Berkman Lee will go fer homers today.

Brad "one good outing a month" Thompson is pitching today.

Shame Piniero and Matt Clement aren't ready yet.

Berkman's and Lee's back to back homers yesterday in the 7th I think it was kicked a lot of ass. I hope to see plenty of that this year.

T Park
04-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Well Thompson gave up 3 runs on getting flustered too easily as always.

Luckily Reyes held things in check and Troy Glaus hit a clutch hit.

He MIGHT be showing he can be a clutch hitter, wich would be awesome for this team, something it SORELY lacked last year.

midgetonadonkey
04-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I went to last night's game and it ws incredible. So much energy and the place exploded with Tejada's walk off homer.

T Park
04-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah I love minutemaid.

Nice seats, good concessions.

Petco, Minute Maid, and Dodger Stadium are some of my favorites.

MoSpur
04-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I will be going to H-Town when the Yankees visit. I can't wait.

MoSpur
04-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Minute Maid is awesome. I love that park. The seats are very good there and the prices are reasonable.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Minute Maid is awesome. I love that park. The seats are very good there and the prices are reasonable.

I got Club seats for next Friday's game against the NL champs Rockies.

MoSpur
04-09-2008, 12:36 PM
The Stros have some good games in June. The Yanks and the Red Sox are coming.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 12:51 PM
The Stros have some good games in June. The Yanks and the Red Sox are coming.
Yeah I have a ticket to the Yanks game.

MoSpur
04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I'll be there God willing.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 01:08 PM
I'll be there God willing.

which game, date? If we are at the same game ill buy you a beer at the CF bar.

T Park
04-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Thank you to Brandon Backe for waking Albert Pujols up.

MoSpur
04-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah I have a ticket to the Yanks game.
Either the one on Saturday and Sunday. Not sure. I know that Father's Day is that Sunday. So I am thinking more than likely that Saturday. You?

midgetonadonkey
04-11-2008, 03:43 PM
I know a dude that has 2 tickets for the Saturday game for sale. They are lower level, section 131. He is asking $225 for the pair. Stubhub has them at about that price in that section.

MoSpur
04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up midge.

leemajors
04-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Oswalt really needs to get it together.

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 07:32 AM
I was out of town and didnt get to see the Marlins series. Anyone watch it? I know we won 2 out of 3. Can anyone give me their thoughts on that series?

leemajors
04-15-2008, 09:15 PM
i didn't see it, but valverde must be a badass. at least only 3 of them were earned?

midgetonadonkey
04-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Valverde is a piece of shit. Fuck him. He makes me miss Brad Lidge.

SPARKY
04-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Valverde means "Lidge" en Español.

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Man this loss really sucked tonight and I dont miss lidge just yet but come ON!!!

DOMINATOR
04-15-2008, 11:24 PM
valverde = garbage

Horry For 3!
04-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Different closer, same scenario.

I miss Billy Wagner. He was one of my favorite Astros and plus was actually a good closer.

T Park
04-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Valverde is really hitable, that was apparent in his blown save against the Cardinals.

MoSpur
04-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Same ol stuff. I hate this. The Stros front office needs to start looking at making trades. This team is not gonna cut this season.

ATRAIN
04-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Not the kind of win I would like but a win none the less. Afternoon game today at around 11 I think.

leemajors
04-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Not the kind of win I would like but a win none the less. Afternoon game today at around 11 I think.
what's bad about roy o getting on track?

ATRAIN
04-17-2008, 07:37 AM
what's bad about roy o getting on track?

No no I meant offensively. Roy getting back on track is defiantly vital. Hey So what do you guys think about our pitching crew so far? They have been pretty damn good so far and there are quite a few games we SHOULD have won if the pen had not f'ed it up!!

degenerate_gambler
04-17-2008, 04:04 PM
there are quite a few games we SHOULD have won if the pen had not f'ed it up!!

what is it with the stros and closers these days...

crap!

where have you gone Joe Sambito??

K-State Spur
04-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Tejada = 33?

Man, that deal keeps getting better and better for the Birds.

DOMINATOR
04-18-2008, 11:36 PM
the pitching has swapped :depressed ... Roy started pitching great now everyone else sucks. before everyone else was great but roy sucked. valverde has always been bad though. :depressed

SPARKY
04-20-2008, 03:23 PM
You say Tejeda, I say Tejada. Meanwhile, the 'stros suck hard.

SPARKY
04-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Whoa. They manage to win and Valverde gets the save. Every dog has his day in beisbol.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Whoa. They manage to win and Valverde gets the save. Every dog has his day in beisbol.Yea :lmao

leemajors
04-21-2008, 08:46 AM
the fissure came through!

ATRAIN
04-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Glad to see Roy O get tons of run support last night. That double steel with Bourn and Tejada was pretty awesome.

ATRAIN
04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Looks like we might get opening day revenge on the Padres up 11-7 Bottom of the 9th. Tejada another 4 hit game. If Val can get 2 more outs its over. Great seeing Matsui coming through in the clutch 2 games in a row.

ATRAIN
04-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Sucks that Backe didnt get the win, but Valverde actually saved the day and got the win.

DOMINATOR
04-22-2008, 11:11 PM
good game! offensive explosion since matsui was put in lineup

now wait til wigginton replaces blum

ATRAIN
04-23-2008, 07:09 AM
good game! offensive explosion since matsui was put in lineup

now wait til wigginton replaces blum

Blum had a good game but yeah once we get Wigginton back, the shit will be on. Its good seeing Pence get back on track. He is at .230 now and hit his first homer (barely) at the right time. Lets see if Sampson can rebound after his bad outing that he had on sat.

leemajors
04-24-2008, 09:49 AM
the fissure is on fire!

ATRAIN
04-24-2008, 10:06 AM
We have scored 43 runs since Matsui has back and since we put Tejada in the 3 hole. Early game today at 11:30.

ATRAIN
04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
5 straight wins today!! The pen did not give up a homer today. Berkman was on today!!

sribb43
04-24-2008, 03:04 PM
5 straight wins today!! The pen did not give up a homer today. Berkman was on today!!

Hopefully Velvarde has turned the corner and can turn into a solid closer for my fantasy team

MoSpur
04-25-2008, 01:44 PM
I do not want to post anything because the Stros are looking good. I hope this continues. Matsui is good. Pence is good. They need to keep it up.

ATRAIN
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I do not want to post anything because the Stros are looking good. I hope this continues. Matsui is good. Pence is good. They need to keep it up.

LOL yeah im a little worried that we have the longest active winning streak right now. DAMN I SAID IT!!

MoSpur
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Plus the Cubs are red hot. YES!!!!!!

ATRAIN
04-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Plus the Cubs are red hot. YES!!!!!!

They lost to the Rockies yesterday.

MoSpur
04-25-2008, 01:53 PM
They lost to the Rockies yesterday.

Yeah, but previous to that???? They were on a row too. Houston is finally starting to wake up the bats. This better continue.

ATRAIN
04-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, but previous to that???? They were on a row too. Houston is finally starting to wake up the bats. This better continue.

Yeah im just happy we still scored over 5 runs without Matsui and Lee in the lineup yesterday. WE better whoop the cards!!

ATRAIN
04-26-2008, 08:06 AM
6 in a row with our 9th inning heroics. Finally at .500.

GuerillaBlack
04-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Astros are doing pretty damn good. Once again, making the State of Texas proud.

ATRAIN
04-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Astros are doing pretty damn good. Once again, making the State of Texas proud.

Game 2 against the cards in about 20 mins. Tune in and watch the good guys go for 7 in a row.

GuerillaBlack
04-26-2008, 12:27 PM
I'll be going back and forth from the NFL Draft.

ATRAIN
04-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Yeah ill be doing the same but draft is in about a hour and a half

ATRAIN
05-04-2008, 05:55 PM
With todays series sweep of the Brew Crew we are now at 500 for the first time.

Biggems
05-04-2008, 07:21 PM
With todays series sweep of the Brew Crew we are now at 500 for the first time.

wrong.......we were 12-12

then we got beat down by the Cards

ATRAIN
05-04-2008, 07:25 PM
wrong.......we were 12-12

then we got beat down by the Cards

OH ok my bad, its been a while.

Biggems
05-04-2008, 07:52 PM
OH ok my bad, its been a while.

but either way......the Stros cant seem to get above .500

i am just glad Matsui came back when he did. The offense did a complete 180 when he got healthy.....this team can actually hit and score some runs....

I also like Tejada at 3, Berkman at 4, and Lee at 5. I am still not sold on Bourn, love his speed, but he doesn't get on base as much as I would like.....Seems to me that Erstad was doing a better job at the plate.

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 08:36 AM
but either way......the Stros cant seem to get above .500

i am just glad Matsui came back when he did. The offense did a complete 180 when he got healthy.....this team can actually hit and score some runs....

I also like Tejada at 3, Berkman at 4, and Lee at 5. I am still not sold on Bourn, love his speed, but he doesn't get on base as much as I would like.....Seems to me that Erstad was doing a better job at the plate.

Yeah Kaz has been a spark for our offense and its been better since Migs has been hitting in the 3 hole. Pence also has turned around which has helped the heart of the order. Lee isnt doing as good as he normally does but he will get it going. Getting Wiggy back is going to help us. Blum did ok filling in for him but I like him better as a reserve roll. Bourn has been better and is awesome on the bases. He is patient at the plate and his only real job is to get on base so I think he is doing his job. He is at .278 OBP, it could be better but he did have that little slump last month when they put him in the 2 hole and had either Pence or Kaz lead off. If he gets to .348 like last year OBP, then it will be fine. When he gets on base its likely at least a double since he will more times than none get to second by stealing and avoid double plays which will allow Berkman to get to the plate that inning. On FSN they put up a stat with last months Hits and RBI's for Berkman and Tejada combined and it was a pretty big number. I also saw a few weeks ago that the astros were leading the league in RBI's with 2 outs. Something we as Houston fans are not used too, so another great reason to root for the good guys.

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 08:46 AM
HOUSTON -- This back-to-back thing the Astros have seems to be contagious.

Just 24 hours after Miguel Tejada, Lance Berkman and Carlos Lee hit consecutive home runs in Friday's win, Brandon Backe and Michael Bourn hit back-to-back homers to lift the Astros to a 6-2 victory over the Brewers on Saturday night at Minute Maid Park.

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20080503&content_id=2637351&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

midgetonadonkey
05-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Nice win by the Astros tonight. El Caballo really came through in the top of the 8th to put the team over .500.

ATRAIN
05-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Nice win by the Astros tonight. El Caballo really came through in the top of the 8th to put the team over .500.

7 straight home wins. Berkman first ever 5 hit game. He is on fire the last few weeks. 4 games in a row, hope we keep it up!!

midgetonadonkey
05-07-2008, 10:01 PM
El Caballo again comes through and wins it.

Another great game.

Mister Sinister
05-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Awesome. Times like this, I wish I paid for mlb.tv or the gameday audio.

ATRAIN
05-08-2008, 07:23 AM
El Caballo again comes through and wins it.

Another great game.

Yeah it was awesome. Berkman tied the club record for 8 straight hits. 5 Straight and our 8th straight home game. Lets make it 6 and 9 today.

JoshTheChild
05-08-2008, 05:24 PM
hell ya Im off of school and work tonight so I can watch the game against the nats and of course see the spurs game. 18-16 is pretty darn good for a team that is supposed to suck! anybody else realize that valverde has picked it up since losing that heartbreaking game to the phillies?

midgetonadonkey
05-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Berkman is on FIYAAAA!!

He's having another great game tonight.

midgetonadonkey
05-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Blanked the Dodgers.

3 games back of the Cards for top of the division. I didn't think they would be doing so well. I know it's early but a good start of the season by the Astros is rare.

ATRAIN
05-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Blanked the Dodgers.

3 games back of the Cards for top of the division. I didn't think they would be doing so well. I know it's early but a good start of the season by the Astros is rare.

Its been awesome.

BRHornet45
05-12-2008, 12:01 AM
even better news for the Astros ... 0-7 Barry Zito is pitching against them next with Oswalt pitching for us AKA EASY VICTORY. The Stros offense should put up AT LEAST 6 runs by the 4th inning on that joke ass clown Zito

ATRAIN
05-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Midge dont you mean 1.5 back from the top of the div?

ATRAIN
05-12-2008, 12:08 AM
even better news for the Astros ... 0-7 Barry Zito is pitching against them next with Oswalt pitching for us AKA EASY VICTORY. The Stros offense should put up AT LEAST 6 runs by the 4th inning on that joke ass clown Zito

LOL I hope so, nothing is a guarantee.

Mister Sinister
05-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Good win tonight. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

ATRAIN
05-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Player of the Week

In his past six games, Houston's Lance Berkman is hitting .681. As in six, eight, one. His week started with a five-for-five effort against the Nationals last Tuesday (part of a string of eight straight hits) and didn't let up through a three-game series with the Dodgers over the weekend. In that stretch, he has a pair of homers and five RBIs (giving him 36 in the Astros' 38 games this season). Berkman's also on a 10-game hitting streak in which he's hitting .590. The surprising Astros, not coincidentally, are 8-2 during Berkman's tear and are now just 1 ½ games behind the Cubs in the National League Central.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/john_donovan/05/12/donovan.windup0512/1.html

ATRAIN
05-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Last 10 9-1, with a 4 game win streak.......hottest team in baseball right now!!

leemajors
05-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Player of the Week

In his past six games, Houston's Lance Berkman is hitting .681. As in six, eight, one. His week started with a five-for-five effort against the Nationals last Tuesday (part of a string of eight straight hits) and didn't let up through a three-game series with the Dodgers over the weekend. In that stretch, he has a pair of homers and five RBIs (giving him 36 in the Astros' 38 games this season). Berkman's also on a 10-game hitting streak in which he's hitting .590. The surprising Astros, not coincidentally, are 8-2 during Berkman's tear and are now just 1 ½ games behind the Cubs in the National League Central.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/john_donovan/05/12/donovan.windup0512/1.html

that would be an 11 game hitting streak.

ATRAIN
05-13-2008, 09:15 AM
that would be an 11 game hitting streak.

yeah that article was a day old.

midgetonadonkey
05-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Midge dont you mean 1.5 back from the top of the div?

That post was a few days ago when they were 3 games back.

ATRAIN
05-13-2008, 10:34 AM

It was tougher than anticipated and Zito actually did decent, not counting the Berkman blast. Berkman would have done that to any pitcher right now.

ATRAIN
05-13-2008, 10:35 AM
That post was a few days ago when they were 3 games back.

Yeah I know I was being facetious since we had won 2 more since then.

DOMINATOR
05-13-2008, 12:02 PM
9-1 in May hottest team in baseball flying way under the radar just like Berkman.

Spurminator
05-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Another game, another Lance Berkman home run. Hope he saves some of this for September.

ATRAIN
05-15-2008, 07:23 AM
10 of 12 in May and 5 of 6 on out trip out west. Afternoon game today at 2:45. Still 1.5 behind the cards though, hopefully after today it will be .5

ATRAIN
05-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Another game, another Lance Berkman home run. Hope he saves some of this for September.

Im glad he is doing it now because if we can get enough wins now, sept might be too late.

ATRAIN
05-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Pitchers appreciate defensive support

Lance Berkman's eye-popping offensive numbers and the overall dominance of the middle of the Astros order have generated the majority of the attention in the last few weeks, but inside the clubhouse, the team's defensive efforts have generated significant appreciation as well.

The Astros entered Wednesday's game with the second-highest fielding percentage in the league at .988 and the second-fewest errors committed with 18. They're behind only the Rockies, who have a .990 fielding percentage and 15 errors.

The Astros also have allowed eight unearned runs, fewer than any team in the NL, and they've turned 39 double plays, good for third-highest in the league, behind the Pirates (50) and the Rockies (43).

Astros pitchers appreciate support behind them and have found this year's defense to be a huge upgrade from last year. The biggest difference is probably second base, where Kazuo Matsui has better range and speed than Craig Biggio did in the final stages of his career.

Pitchers are also grateful for defensive contributions from Miguel Tejada, who replaced the slick-fielding but light-hitting Adam Everett.

"[Matsui] has a lot more range than I thought he had," Roy Oswalt said. "To me, Tejada's doing a great job at shortstop. The word was coming from Baltimore that he had lost a few steps. But he's playing a great shortstop for us. The whole infield's done a great job. Can't complain there."

Chris Sampson, who will pitch the final game at AT&T Park on Thursday, is especially grateful for the team's defense. As a contact pitcher, he keeps the fielders busy.

"I have to have good defense if I'm going to be at all successful," he said. "I rely on my defense and they come up huge for me. The three games I've pitched well in, the defense has come up big for me."

The accolades aren't limited to the infielders. Sampson recalled a conversation he had with center fielder Michael Bourn prior to his start at Wrigley Field on April 4, after noticing the wind was blowing in.

"I said, 'Look, especially if the wind's blowing in, I'm going to throw it down the middle and let you get it,'" Sampson said. "He did just that. He's made some tremendous plays out there. And then in L.A. on Sunday, he left his body imprint on the wall [running down a fly ball]. That was a great play."

Pitching matchup
HOU: RHP Chris Sampson (2-3, 6.27 ERA)
Sampson bounced back from two poor outings to shut out the Dodgers through seven innings on Saturday, coasting to his second win of the season. The right-hander induced nine ground-ball outs over a 103-pitch outing, walking one and striking out three. He's faced the Giants twice in his career, with good results. He allowed two runs over a combined 12 innings for a 1.50 ERA, logging one win and one no-decision.

SF: RHP Tim Lincecum (5-1, 1.61 ERA)
Lincecum is having a terrific sophomore season but his last start may have been his most impressive. Facing the Phillies for the second time in six days, he made his longest outing of the year, going eight innings. He allowed only four hits, walked only one and struck out eight. So he gave up two runs (for only the third time in eight starts). No need to quibble: The Giants won, 8-2.

Tidbits
Tejada will likely receive his first day off of the season during the finale with the Giants on Thursday. "It might be a go for [Thursday]," manager Cecil Cooper said. "He's kind of relented, so to speak. It took a little arm-twisting." Cooper is in the process of deciding who his designated hitters will be this weekend during the Astros' Interleague Series with the Rangers. Tentatively, he's leaning toward DHing Berkman on Friday and Sunday, with Carlos Lee taking that role Saturday. ... Matsui met Masanori Murakami, the first Japanese player in Major League history, during batting practice Wednesday.

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080514&content_id=2700344&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

DOMINATOR
05-15-2008, 05:53 PM
lance berkman is straight mashin the ball.

SPARKY
05-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Another late inning big score comeback win in the works?

ATRAIN
05-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Another late inning big score comeback win in the works?

Yeah we own the 8th inning!!!

SPARKY
05-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Done.

6-1 road trip so far.

ATRAIN
05-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Done.

6-1 road trip so far.

11 our of 13 in may still the hottest team in baseball right now. Hell of a rally its good to be a stros fan right now. Next up the Rangers, another hot team. Should be a good series.

spyder
05-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Berkman is the man right now:worthy:

leemajors
05-19-2008, 09:27 AM

ATRAIN
05-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Chacon getting his first decision of the year yesterday. Still continuing with a good month of may, 14 out of 19 but still 1.5 back from the Cubs.

ATRAIN
05-22-2008, 09:54 AM
4 game series against the Phils starts tonight. Time to get revenge from losing that series against them 2-1 last month.

slowchild25
05-22-2008, 04:22 PM
4 game series against the Phils starts tonight. Time to get revenge from losing that series against them 2-1 last month.

My wife and I are going to Friday and Sunday's games. Got Crawford Box seats for the first time for tomorrow's game. I'm pumped to see Berkman (even though he's cooled off the last few games) she's excited to see the Phils and Utley (she's from South Jersey).

ATRAIN
05-22-2008, 05:45 PM
My wife and I are going to Friday and Sunday's games. Got Crawford Box seats for the first time for tomorrow's game. I'm pumped to see Berkman (even though he's cooled off the last few games) she's excited to see the Phils and Utley (she's from South Jersey).

Damn how did you manage to get those seats, I have been sitting in the club level the last few years and have tried for Crawford boxes. Without paying a crapload from stubhub I have yet to come across Crawford box seats. I will be jealous of you tomm and sunday, but have a great time. I hope Berkman, Lee, and Tejada go back to back to back to the boxes so you can get a home run ball.

slowchild25
05-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Damn how did you manage to get those seats, I have been sitting in the club level the last few years and have tried for Crawford boxes. Without paying a crapload from stubhub I have yet to come across Crawford box seats. I will be jealous of you tomm and sunday, but have a great time. I hope Berkman, Lee, and Tejada go back to back to back to the boxes so you can get a home run ball.

Ebay man. We are only in them for Friday we paid 85 bucks for 2 tickets, Sunday I don't even remember where we are. This will probably be the one time this summer we get to go so we figured why not splurge a little. I've noticed on ebay that on weekday games people let them go for pretty cheap, you might want to try then for the Crawford box seats.

ATRAIN
05-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Ebay man. We are only in them for Friday we paid 85 bucks for 2 tickets, Sunday I don't even remember where we are. This will probably be the one time this summer we get to go so we figured why not splurge a little. I've noticed on ebay that on weekday games people let them go for pretty cheap, you might want to try then for the Crawford box seats.

Not bad at all for 85. I usually pay over 40 each for club level. Yeah im going to try to hit up a day game soon so I might look into that. Have fun.

slowchild25
05-24-2008, 12:11 AM
I hope Berkman, Lee, and Tejada go back to back to back to the boxes so you can get a home run ball.

Pence's 2nd homerun hit the wall directly above our heads and bounced to some girl 3 rows in front of us it was awesome. We got to see the Phils take batting practice from the boxes and it was nuts, next time I'll bring a glove to protect from the incoming moon shots. :wow

ATRAIN
05-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Pence's 2nd homerun hit the wall directly above our heads and bounced to some girl 3 rows in front of us it was awesome. We got to see the Phils take batting practice from the boxes and it was nuts, next time I'll bring a glove to protect from the incoming moon shots. :wow

hahaah yeah man I could have told you that. DID you see the LIttle Puma's?

slowchild25
05-24-2008, 06:14 PM
hahaah yeah man I could have told you that. DID you see the LIttle Puma's?

Yea after the game when my wife and I where waiting for the fireworks they walked by us all dressed up

ATRAIN
05-25-2008, 01:00 AM
WOW hell of a double play to end the game, up 2-1 with the finale game of the series tomm afternoon.

SPARKY
05-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Brocail does rails. Crazy acting fucker tonight.

Horry For 3!
05-25-2008, 03:31 AM
Man does Myers suck... and I traded for him in my Keeper Leaguer :(

BRHornet45
05-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Astros bullpen = laughing stock of the entire MLB.

what a joke those guys are.

DOMINATOR
05-25-2008, 06:33 PM

outside of geary/brocail/valverde maybe byrdak the drop off is pretty significant. they just dont have the depth.

ATRAIN
05-27-2008, 10:58 AM
outside of geary/brocail/valverde maybe byrdak the drop off is pretty significant. they just dont have the depth.

You forgot Wesley Wright.

ATRAIN
05-27-2008, 11:00 AM
3 game series against the Cards starts tonight.

ATRAIN
05-27-2008, 11:02 AM

Who do you guys follow as far as baseball is concerned?

midgetonadonkey
05-27-2008, 11:37 AM

They are a game and half back from the division lead and have a winning record. How does that make them a joke?

BRHornet45
05-28-2008, 01:22 AM
They are a game and half back from the division lead and have a winning record. How does that make them a joke?

the bullpen has done next to nothing to help the team win. our offense is the reason we are close to 1st.

ATRAIN
05-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Good win last night, always good to get 4 runs in the 1st inning.

T Park
05-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Wheres Midge?

:)

leemajors
05-30-2008, 11:51 AM
well at least oswalt settled down, too bad he lost control in that first inning.

leemajors
06-13-2008, 11:07 AM
our starters are awesome!

midgetonadonkey
06-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Fucking Astros fell back down to earth. Hopefully they can get their shit together and start winning a few fucking games.

Fucking bastards.

Mister Sinister
06-13-2008, 12:47 PM
:pctoss

BRHornet45
06-13-2008, 07:19 PM
sons these fucking BANDWAGON, ESPN nut-hugging, Yankee "fans" in Houston tonight are pissing me off. It almost sounds like a home game for the Yankees with a lot of morons in the crowd cheering for them. yea ... lets cheer for a team that is 1500 miles away. I guarantee you that 90% of the idiots cheering for the Yankees tonight know next to nothing about the team. They are just the cool and trendy team to cheer for (along with the Red Sox and Cubs). Oh and because ESPN tells em too.

ATRAIN
06-16-2008, 07:23 AM
sons these fucking BANDWAGON, ESPN nut-hugging, Yankee "fans" in Houston tonight are pissing me off. It almost sounds like a home game for the Yankees with a lot of morons in the crowd cheering for them. yea ... lets cheer for a team that is 1500 miles away. I guarantee you that 90% of the idiots cheering for the Yankees tonight know next to nothing about the team. They are just the cool and trendy team to cheer for (along with the Red Sox and Cubs). Oh and because ESPN tells em too.

I was at the game friday and there were a SHITLOAD of yankee fans. I even started asking some of the fans if they were from NY. I didnt encounter ONE!! Sucks that we got our asses swept.

midgetonadonkey
06-16-2008, 09:24 AM

That perfectly describes peewee's lovechild with every sport.

ATRAIN
06-16-2008, 10:01 AM
That perfectly describes peewee's lovechild with every sport.

and mono

AFBlue
06-21-2008, 08:34 PM

Okay, so they turned to Brocail tonight instead of Valverde....and he gave up a walk-off double to Gabe Gross of the Tampa Bay Rays.

Is there some reason why Valverde didn't get the call? Does the manager go with Brocail often?

Just curious....b/c I don't follow the Astros.

ATRAIN
06-29-2008, 04:42 PM

It was like this with the redsox series as well, glad we took the series. 3rd Series in a row after our 8 game losing streak. Series against the Dodgers now, there is no reason not to sweep.

midgetonadonkey
06-29-2008, 11:42 PM
The Astros will be back at .500 by the end of the week.

BTW, Hunter Pence has been very good this season. He is now my favorite active MLB player since Biggio retired.

bostonguy
06-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Props to the Stros. They are slowly turning it around. Fucking Tampa is right there with us.

Mister Sinister
06-30-2008, 03:04 AM
I found out who won from a customer in a BoSox jacket tonight. w00t.

ATRAIN
06-30-2008, 07:47 AM
The Astros will be back at .500 by the end of the week.

BTW, Hunter Pence has been very good this season. He is now my favorite active MLB player since Biggio retired.

I agree finally back to .500 by the end of the week and hopefully within 7 or 8 of first.

T Park
06-30-2008, 01:25 PM

First? :lol

midgetonadonkey
06-30-2008, 01:31 PM
I agree finally back to .500 by the end of the week and hopefully within 7 or 8 of first.

A chance at the Wild Card is a more realistic goal. But even then it's a reach to say they will ever be in a position to get it.

ATRAIN
06-30-2008, 01:47 PM

First? :lol

I didnt say anywhere about us taking first I said after this week hopefully if things go our way we will be 7 to 8 games away from first. Meaning us winning our games and the cubs losing some.

Mister Sinister
06-30-2008, 09:56 PM
w00t

ATRAIN
06-30-2008, 10:13 PM
hell yes game 1 out of 4 is ours. 3 to go on our way back to .500

midgetonadonkey
06-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Good win. Hopefully Oswalt's hip injury won't cause him to miss any starts.

ATRAIN
07-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Good win. Hopefully Oswalt's hip injury won't cause him to miss any starts.

It didnt look bad so he will be DTD.

misterx91578
07-02-2008, 11:42 PM
can the dbacks please send you back Qualls and Burke?

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Mother. Fucker. We don't have the hitting when we reach the World Series.

Now we don't have the pitching.

BRHornet45
07-05-2008, 03:49 PM
sons this team is full of nothing but heartless cowards (other than Berkman).

Oswalt is DONE. he will NEVER been the same Oswalt that we were use to seeing up until this year. I have a feeling that he is steadily losing his passion to even play. He has stated numerous times that he plans on retiring after his contract is up and I think that mentality is showing.

Spuradicator
07-05-2008, 04:46 PM
sons this team is full of nothing but heartless cowards (other than Berkman).

Oswalt is DONE. he will NEVER been the same Oswalt that we were use to seeing up until this year. I have a feeling that he is steadily losing his passion to even play. He has stated numerous times that he plans on retiring after his contract is up and I think that mentality is showing.

Exactly. Berkman is the only one who is playing like he gives a damn.

tp2021
07-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Astros get Wolf from Padres
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/07/22/astros.wolf.ap/index.html
It's an AP article. He is a starting pitcher, in exchange for minor league pitcher Chad Reineke.

koopa
07-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Astros get Wolf from Padres
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/07/22/astros.wolf.ap/index.html
It's an AP article. He is a starting pitcher, in exchange for minor league pitcher Chad Reineke.

yay another bum.......... at least the astros are preparing me how to handle being a fan of a shitty team, so when tim duncan retires i'll be set lol

midgetonadonkey
07-23-2008, 09:24 AM
yay another bum.......... at least the astros are preparing me how to handle being a fan of a shitty team, so when tim duncan retires i'll be set lol

If you are a lifelong Astros fan, you should be used to it by now.

ATRAIN
07-23-2008, 09:29 AM

Yup

sribb43
07-23-2008, 11:36 AM
So a team in last place trades a pitching prospect for a soon to be FA pitcher...that trade makes alot of sense

leemajors
07-23-2008, 01:07 PM
So a team in last place trades a pitching prospect for a soon to be FA pitcher...that trade makes alot of sense

at least the prospect was worthless and never got called up in ~5 years.

koopa
07-23-2008, 01:13 PM

i ain't, i barely started watching baseball in 2004, i used to hate baseball, but my friends got me into it and have been a fan of the astros for 4 years now lol

ATRAIN
07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
i ain't, i barely started watching baseball in 2004, i used to hate baseball, but my friends got me into it and have been a fan of the astros for 4 years now lol

Well at least you got to see us in the series, something some of us lifelong fans never thought we would see.