PDA

View Full Version : Lets go Yankees

MoSpur
03-31-2008, 01:02 PM
This season seems a little different to me. No one is really talking about the Yankees like years in the past. They didn't acquire a big name like seasons before. They pretty much have the same team as last year. Sure the media still talks about them more than most other teams, but not like they use to.

You know what? I love it. I don't like my Yankees to be all hyped up and talked about at the start of the season. I don't know if they will win the World Series this season, but I love our chances.

I still think A-Rod is a curse.

ATRAIN
03-31-2008, 01:10 PM
This season seems a little different to me. No one is really talking about the Yankees like years in the past. They didn't acquire a big name like seasons before. They pretty much have the same team as last year. Sure the media still talks about them more than most other teams, but not like they use to.

You know what? I love it. I don't like my Yankees to be all hyped up and talked about at the start of the season. I don't know if they will win the World Series this season, but I love our chances.

I still think A-Rod is a curse.

Yankees are the yankees and will always be put up on top and should make playoffs but your right, they were pretty quite this offseason. A-rod might be a curse but I would love for him to play 3rd base in Houston if we could afford them.

Whisky Dog
03-31-2008, 01:14 PM
That rotation is basically a year older without much youth coming in. They're going to have to go on a Spurs type plan and pace themselves for freshness in the post season, but unfortunately for them that may keep them out of the playoffs if the Red Sox, Tigers, and a couple of other teams get hot.

MoSpur
03-31-2008, 02:22 PM
They are going to use some of their pitching prospects and a couple of them look good.

Tippecanoe
03-31-2008, 03:27 PM
That rotation is basically a year older without much youth coming in.

i dont quite follow you there

phil hughes is 22, ian kennedy is 24

MoSpur
03-31-2008, 04:20 PM
I think he was referring to Moose and Andy P, which they are kind of up there in age.

SrA Husker
03-31-2008, 05:03 PM
this could be the year NYY stays home in october.

Heath Ledger
04-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Fuck The Yankees, Lets Go Tigers!

Jimcs50
04-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Fuck The Yankees, Lets Go Tigers!

Fuck the Tigers too.....Let's go Red Sox!!

MoSpur
04-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Jobba and Hughes did a good job last night.

T Park
04-04-2008, 11:19 PM
You humble now holmes.

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Fuck every team but the Astros.

Go Astros fuck the rest!!

MoSpur
04-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I don't like the Yankees sitting at .500, but I know its early in the season and I know they will be there in the end.

K-State Spur
04-09-2008, 10:05 AM
for the first time in a long time, there are really multiple things to not like about the yankees this year.

wang is really the only 'sure thing' in their rotation. moose and pettite are nearing the end of their careers. kennedy and hughes could both turn out to be very good pitchers and STILL struggle to get through this season.

their line-up is a year older. a-rod could have a fantastic season and still not produce like he did last year. one of these seasons, posada will finally play like an old catcher. the two young guys in the line-up display very little plate discipline. damon may be the worst all-around regular OF in the AL East this year.

i'm much more bearish on them than most of the media.

MoSpur
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM
All of the above is true. No bones about it. I think they'll pull through all of that and make some noise when it comes down to it.

K-State Spur
04-10-2008, 12:23 AM
damn you for being reasonable. i thought my damon comment might fire you up at least (although whoever winds up become a 'regular' of Stewart/Stairs in LF for Toronto will eventually take that honor).

truth be told though, most teams would like to have the Yankees' problems.

MoSpur
06-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I am so glad Joba bombed last night. I hope Steinbrenner learned his lesson. Joba still isn't ready. He doesn't have all the stuff he needs to be in the starting rotation. I like him as a setup. For right now that is.

K-State Spur
06-04-2008, 09:46 AM
The Yankees are finding out that they are not immune to what happens to every other team in baseball when it is forced to rely on young pitching.

If you think you have 3 great young starters coming out of the minors - you probably have 1 that will be successful in the majors.

florige
06-04-2008, 09:50 AM
The Yankees are finding out that they are not immune to what happens to every other team in baseball when it is forced to rely on young pitching.

If you think you have 3 great young starters coming out of the minors - you probably have 1 that will be successful in the majors.

Man the O's rock Kennedy everytime he pitches against us.:lol

MoSpur
06-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I like the Yankees relying on young prospects. They have wasted way too much money on washed up vets. See Jason Giambino!!!

K-State Spur
06-04-2008, 12:08 PM
There's nothing wrong with doing it - but then you have to fully admit that you are in a rebuilding year (as most Yankee fans - other than Steinbrenner - seem fully aware).

You also have to realize that most pitching prospects - no matter how hyped - don't turn into successful long term MLB starters (something which most Yankee fans struggle with).

MoSpur
06-04-2008, 02:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with doing it - but then you have to fully admit that you are in a rebuilding year (as most Yankee fans - other than Steinbrenner - seem fully aware).

You also have to realize that most pitching prospects - no matter how hyped - don't turn into successful long term MLB starters (something which most Yankee fans struggle with).

I'd rather rebuild now than later. They should have kept all those prospects instead of trading them. I say rebuild. Get rid of those huge wasted contracts. I know its easier said than done, but it has to be done. VERY SOON

K-State Spur
06-04-2008, 02:30 PM
In fairness to them, most of the prospects they've traded haven't turned into much. I think they've been able to sell some guys high based on the over-inflation of prospects simply because they are Yankees.

N.Y. Johnny
06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm every bit the die hard Yanks fan I've always been. Nice to see this kind of thing too, shows you who all are the real fans. I wear my Yanks hat every day to work as I've done forever. I remember going to the Stadium in the 80s and sitting anywhere and it being so empty you can throw a lawn dart and hit nobody. Now the same folks that WERE supposed Yank fans are all Patriots, Lakers, Celtics and now the trendy thing to do is be a Red Sox fan and wear Boston gear. Nice!

That being said its retooling time and I'm glad NY didn't sell off Joba, and the other young prospects. That is whats been wrong with the Yanks. They bought up alot of overpriced assholes that aren't worth a damn. Mercenaries.

The guys we won titles and were a dynasty with were all home grown and were proud to wear the pinstripes and be Yankees. They were guys that paid the price in the minors and came up and took hits to get there, guys like Bernie Williams, Mariano Rivera, Jeter, Posada. Then they had guys with heart like Paul O'Neill who was great on some Reds teams but will forever be a Yankee.
They started going after asshole high priced guys like Carl Pavano, Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown. Those guys just took the check and didn't get it done.

Manager wise I was one that wished Mattingly got a chance but he wasn't going to, my first choice would have been somehow to bring in Lou Pinella, who would have been a great skipper.

MoSpur
06-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I so wanted Mattingly to get the manager's position. I miss Bernie Williams, O'Neil, and Tino Martinez. Those guys did come to work. I honestly think A-Rod is a curse.

florige
06-06-2008, 11:02 PM
So you Yankess faithful were not high at all on Girardi? We (Orioles) wanted him bad to be our coach. I'm glad that he declined us now because Dave Trembley is awesome. But at the time alot of us were dissapointed.

MoSpur
06-19-2008, 10:17 AM
The Yankees are looking good right now. I love their new setup man.