PDA

View Full Version : DbacksTalk 2008 thread...

Pages : [1] 2

JMarkJohns
03-31-2008, 03:39 PM
http://z.about.com/d/phoenix/1/5/x/g/1/logodbacks.jpg

LET'S GO D-BACKS!!!

JMarkJohns
03-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Good win. Offense knocks three solo homers, Webb goes six strong and the bullpen slams the door in a close game.

misterx91578
04-03-2008, 11:12 AM
tough loss last night

TheTruth
04-03-2008, 12:11 PM
As a Reds' fan, I am in psyched from what I see from Cueto so far. Here's hoping i don't jinx the kid.

misterx91578
04-03-2008, 12:32 PM
As a Reds' fan, I am in psyched from what I see from Cueto so far. Here's hoping i don't jinx the kid.

the kid has electric stuff so far

TheTruth
04-03-2008, 12:43 PM
4ip, 0 hits, 0 baserunners, 7k's. I've seen video of the kid, but he's blowing 96 mph cheese, an 89 mph slider, and a 85 mph changeup. He's completely filthy.

It's been decades since the Reds had a pitcher come up from their minors be this good. Mario Soto.

TheTruth
04-03-2008, 02:32 PM
7ip, 1hit, 1 run, 0 bb, 10 k's. Johnny Cueto is the real deal. He was filthy. WOW!! Gotta love being a reds' fan with him and Volquez this season. If only Bailey would get his head out of his ass. The Reds could have a dominating pitching staff with Harang and Arroyo.

JMarkJohns
04-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Tough back-to-back losses for the Diamondbacks. Having Lyon blow game two in such devastating fashion had to be a weight around their necks yesterday. They need to keep their heads up, however. No shame in barely losing two of three on the road vs. a pretty talented Reds squad. The offense could have been better, but then again, they could have been Detroit :)

tlongII
04-04-2008, 02:20 PM
7ip, 1hit, 1 run, 0 bb, 10 k's. Johnny Cueto is the real deal. He was filthy. WOW!! Gotta love being a reds' fan with him and Volquez this season. If only Bailey would get his head out of his ass. The Reds could have a dominating pitching staff with Harang and Arroyo.

I'm a Reds fan too. They are my favorite NL team. Hopefully Cueto has a better career than Soto.

T Park
04-04-2008, 10:09 PM

With Dusty Baker as manager, Cueto will go the way of Kerry Wood.

TheTruth
04-05-2008, 10:14 AM
With Dusty Baker as manager, Cueto will go the way of Kerry Wood.
Let's just hope that Dusty has learned his lesson. The kid had a 1 hitter going, and Dusty pulled him after 8 with a very low pitch count. Keep it up Dusty.

JMarkJohns
04-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Impressive win yesterday. Strong outing for Owings, some good at-bats by Young (drawing two walks!) and some timely hitting. Nice to see the power as well, with a handful of homeruns and doubles.

misterx91578
04-06-2008, 10:22 AM
going for the sweep of Colorado today

JMarkJohns
04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
going for the sweep of Colorado today

And they got it. 5-2, 10 inning win. Lyon blew his second save in three chances, so I have a feeling he's going to be moved shortly. A few other boards really like Qualls or Cruz to supplant him.

I'll take Cruz/Pena/Lyon, Lyon/Qualls, Cruz/Qualls quartet to close out games. Medders has looked like the 2006 reliever rather than last year's dud.

They have so much bullpen depth. If they ever develop a closer, they just won't lose close games often.

Gonzalez looked great as well. Nice to see.

tsb2000
04-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Cruz should have been the closer all along. Dude throws lightning bolts!

Either way- sweeping the Rockies is always a good thing! Time to beat down the Dodgers!!!

TheTruth
04-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Cruz gets all messed up in the head. If he could ever get his command he'd be a dominant closer.

JMarkJohns
04-07-2008, 12:08 PM
It's very true about his command. His walks would be a concern. However, he doesn't give up many hits and has a high strike out rate. He's been money the last two years out of the pen. I don't know if he'd make it, but at this point, I think he's worth a try. Qualls seems like a great option, as he can both net strikeouts and groundballs for doubleplays at a high rate. Pena will eventually be the closer, but he needs to be groomed. Cruz or Qualls, two more experienced and seasoned pitchers deserve the shot first. Pena was a good bit overwhelmed as closer last year in his opportunities.

ducks
04-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Young, Diamondbacks agree to 5-year contract extension through 2013

By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer 1 hour, 21 minutes ago

Buzz Up
Print

PHOENIX (AP)—Center fielder Chris Young and the Arizona Diamondbacks have agreed to terms on a five-year contract extension through 2013.

The agreement, which includes a team option for 2014, was confirmed by a person familiar with the details who spoke on condition of anonymity because an announcement had not been made. The deal is likely to be announced Tuesday.

Terms of the contract approach the $31 million, six-year deal that Colorado shortstop Troy Tulowitzki agreed to in January, the person familiar with the details said.

Young, entering his second big league season, declined to comment on the contract situation before the Diamondbacks played their home opener Monday night against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Thee dynamic 24-year-old outfielder came to the Diamondbacks in December 2005 as part of the trade that sent right-hander Javier Vazquez to the Chicago White Sox. Arizona also acquired right-handers Orlando Hernandez and Luis Vizcaino in the deal.

After spending most of 2006 with Triple-A Tucson, Young had one of the best rookie seasons in the Diamondbacks’ 10-year history.

Mostly batting leadoff last year, he established rookie franchise highs in homers (32), runs (85), steals (27), doubles (29), slugging percentage (.467) and extra-base hits (64).

Young was the first rookie in major league history with at least 30 homers and 25 stolen bases. Only one other rookie, Nomar Garciaparra in 1997, had 30 homers and at least 20 stolen bases.

Young’s nine leadoff homers led the majors.

His batting average, though, was just .237, a figure that manager Bob Melvin expects to rise considerably this year.

Entering Monday night’s game, Young was hitting .217 with three home runs, four RBIs and seven runs. Two of his homers, including the 10th of his career leading off a game, came Saturday night in Arizona’s 7-2 victory at Colorado.

Young was a 16th-round pick of the White Sox in the 2001 amateur draft out of Bellaire High School in Houston.

JMarkJohns
04-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I've heard it's six years, 28 million with a club option for a seventh year and an added 7 million. The initial six takes care of arbitration and his first year of free agency. The club option takes care of his second year of free agency.

T Park
04-08-2008, 12:02 PM
It's very true about his command. His walks would be a concern. However, he doesn't give up many hits and has a high strike out rate. He's been money the last two years out of the pen. I don't know if he'd make it, but at this point, I think he's worth a try. Qualls seems like a great option, as he can both net strikeouts and groundballs for doubleplays at a high rate. Pena will eventually be the closer, but he needs to be groomed. Cruz or Qualls, two more experienced and seasoned pitchers deserve the shot first. Pena was a good bit overwhelmed as closer last year in his opportunities.

Leave Brandon Lyon the closer.

Cruz doesn't have the makeup to be a consistent closer.

misterx91578
04-09-2008, 09:25 AM
going for the sweep of LA :elephant

JMarkJohns
04-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Nice to see the bats. It's unreasonable to think they'll keep this up for much longer, but then, Byrnes, Drew, Snyder and the injured Tracy have yet to really get going, either.

They are among the top of the NL in most every offensive category. Who'd of thunk it?

Hopefully Owings can give a similar effort today. I'm fully expecting a loss, as last year, if the D-Backs took the first two, they'd get crushed in the third, but it would sure show just how far they have come if they turn that history on its head, today.

My guess is Owings goes a solid 6, giving up 3-4 runs on 6-7 hits and 2 or so walks while striking out 5-6. That's still at a point where the Diamondbacks can win if they can get to Kuroda. I don't think either pitcher is as good as their first start, so if Arizona can touch up the Dodgers for similar, then they'll be in a strong position to sweep. I like their bullpen as much as anyones.

T Park
04-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Tell Connor Jackson to keep it up, my fantasy team loves him :)

JMarkJohns
04-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Hudson will be playing all season for a big contract. He's not likely to resign at any point this season and will likely depart this offseason. His power numbers will be limited, but I imagine he'll attempt to draw more walks, strikeout less and will likely remain a .300ish hitter with 15 HR, 80-run, 75-RBI potential.

I hate to see him go, but he's asking for Chase Utley money. He's not getting that from Arizona. To be honest, I don't think he gets it from anyone, but I can see him taking more from a lesser team than what the Diamondbacks can offer. Arizona will have several key FAs next year in Cruz, Lyon, Qualls and Burke... I think retaining the four of them is more important than Hudson.

misterx91578
04-09-2008, 05:48 PM
swept LA 6 wins in a row :elephant :elephant

as far as Hudson

Jack Macgruder of the East Valley Tribune reports a major gap between second baseman Orlando Hudson and D'Backs management. Macgruder says Hudson seeks something close to the $15MM per year Chase Utley received to cover his free agent seasons.

timvp
04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
When I watch the DBacks, I just don't understand why they have Chris Young batting leadoff. Yeah, he's fast but everything else about him points to him batting third. He's more of a run producer than an OBP guy. Byrnes, Hudson and then Young makes the most sense to me.

Perhaps I'm missing something . . .

slayermin
04-09-2008, 07:55 PM
And I thought Boss Junior was a stud, Justin starting out strong thus far.

T Park
04-10-2008, 12:00 AM
When I watch the DBacks, I just don't understand why they have Chris Young batting leadoff. Yeah, he's fast but everything else about him points to him batting third. He's more of a run producer than an OBP guy. Byrnes, Hudson and then Young makes the most sense to me.

Your not.

Its what killed them vs Colorado.

Byrnes is a more powerfull David Eckstein.

He works the count, can hit for power sometimes, but hes got a decent OBP.

Hit him first, then Hudson, then Young, Jackson, and on...

Purple & Gold
04-10-2008, 05:00 PM
FUCK the D-Backs!!!!! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

JMarkJohns
04-10-2008, 05:28 PM

While I agree with Byrnes batting 1st, as T Park suggested, Young has drawn a ton of walks thus far. I'm amazed at how he's been able to lay off pitches this year. A walk is as good as a hit, and with his speed, even if he doesn't attempt a steal, you know the pitcher is thinking about it. His on-base percentage has hovered twixt .350ish and .425ish all season thus far. His average iw weak, but if he can continue to be a .375 OPS threat, then I say just leave him there. He's not yet the hitter to be a 3/4/5 hitter. If all he's going to do is draw walks and tally extra-base hits, he may as well be doing that as a leadoff hitter.

I think next year you'll see the shift to Byrnes/Drew/Young/Jackson/Reynolds/Upton...

T Park
04-10-2008, 05:53 PM
I was pretty much agreeing with TIMVP, i didn't suggest it.

Byrnes though reminds me though of a more talented less elfish David Eckstein.

TheTruth
04-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Upton is going to be the best hitter in that lineup next season. Which is a very very scary thought. That could be a dominant lineup if Reynolds turns out to be the real deal.

timvp
04-10-2008, 06:49 PM
While I agree with Byrnes batting 1st, as T Park suggested, Young has drawn a ton of walks thus far. I'm amazed at how he's been able to lay off pitches this year. A walk is as good as a hit, and with his speed, even if he doesn't attempt a steal, you know the pitcher is thinking about it. His on-base percentage has hovered twixt .350ish and .425ish all season thus far. His average iw weak, but if he can continue to be a .375 OPS threat, then I say just leave him there. He's not yet the hitter to be a 3/4/5 hitter. If all he's going to do is draw walks and tally extra-base hits, he may as well be doing that as a leadoff hitter.

I think next year you'll see the shift to Byrnes/Drew/Young/Jackson/Reynolds/Upton...Fair enough. It just looks weird to me. Young has pretty good power and last year his OBP was sub .300. And then you have Hudson batting third who has a historically nice OBP but has never driven in that many runs. Byrnes, Hudson, Young makes more sense to me, on paper at least.

However, Young is a dynamic hitter who has shown a good ability to work pitchers. That might be good enough reason to bat him first just so he can get as many at bats as possible.

K-State Spur
04-10-2008, 07:39 PM

you just don't get it. young is fast! fast, i tell you!

JMarkJohns
04-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Reynolds will probably always run hot and cold, but if his glove can improve where he's a top-level defensive third baseman, something that appears possible with time and development, then, like they did with Steve Finley, they'll just let Reynolds do his thing, dropping him down in the order when cold, and moving him up when hot. He may eventually turn into a consistent, .300 average, .350+ OPB, 30+ HR, 100+ RBI 3/4 hitter, but I don't see it for another two or three seasons. His final season stats may end up looking similar to that line, but the consistency is what's missing and I think he swings and misses far too often to just get it soon.

What do people think about Upton being the leadoff? Sure, he has power, but he's a better contact hitter than Young is at this point, seems to have a good grasp of the strike zone and has the requesite speed that Melvin likes from his leadoff hitter (which is why Hudson isn't the leadoff batter).

I think in two years Upton, Drew, Young, Jackson, Reynolds, Byrnes could be their one-through-six. It's scary to think that Drew still hasn't come around. Even if he never develops into the .320 hitter with 20 HR potential most thought he could be, if he even bumps his average up to .280 or so, continues to draw walks and work the counts and shows good doubles/triples power, then he could be a huge part of the lineup, considering he's their lone true lefty bat prospect on the roster - unless you count Tracy, who doesn't appear to be a real part of the Diamondbacks going forward.

JMarkJohns
04-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Through today, the Diamondbacks lead the majors in runs scored and in ERA. Not too shabby, eh?! :)

KEEP IT UP!

Xylus
04-12-2008, 01:42 AM
The DBacks have scored 62 runs total, the highest of any team in the league. And have held their opponents to 29 runs total, the lowest of any team in the league. Through 10 games, they have the best offense and best pitching of any team in the majors. Amazing.

Meanwhile, Justin Upton is batting .368.

JMarkJohns
04-12-2008, 10:05 AM
It's early, and tough time will happen, but to be playing this well during this crucial 22-game NL West stretch is HUGE. Having that 1-2 punch again can really take this team far. So long as Lyon can conquer his demons and when one batter goes into a slump, another gets hot to take his place, this team has the makings to be pretty consistent throughout the year. They have a great foundation with pitching depth and back-end bullpen arms, so if the offense can just always have three players hitting, they'll contend for every series. A healthy Johnson and recovered Davis would be gravy.

TheTruth
04-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Unless they are facing Johnny Cueto. :smokin

BillsCarnage
04-12-2008, 12:12 PM
What's amazing to me is how hard some of their HR's have been hit. Both Renolds and Upton have hit some monsters.

Upton was trying to unload on the swing that spun himself into the ground, but he was out of control. And, then the next pitch was as perfect a swing as you'll see.

JMarkJohns
04-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Unless they are facing Johnny Cueto. :smokin
True, but even in that game where they were completely dominated they stil only lost by a run. They are 8-2 and the two losses were on the road and by a run each.

JMarkJohns
04-12-2008, 12:44 PM
What's amazing to me is how hard some of their HR's have been hit. Both Renolds and Upton have hit some monsters.

Upton was trying to unload on the swing that spun himself into the ground, but he was out of control. And, then the next pitch was as perfect a swing as you'll see.

The raw power on this team is amazing. If Reynold, Young and Upton can each become 30-homer players, which is very possible, then the lack of homerun power from 1st-through-short won't even be noticed. Hell, Jackson and Drew should develop into doubles machines.

TheTruth
04-12-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't like having a 1b with no power. Jackson is a nice young hitter, but that needs to be a position of power. Unless he's hitting .330 with gold glove defense.

JMarkJohns
04-12-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't like having a 1b with no power. Jackson is a nice young hitter, but that needs to be a position of power. Unless he's hitting .330 with gold glove defense.

He has gap power, has very good command of the strikezone (something almost none of the other babybacks have) and is a .300 hitter. I'm fine with the lack of distance power because he makes contact most every at bat, and put balls in play, which lead to runs being produced. I like him right where he is. Would 30 homeruns be nice? Sure. But I'll take 16-to-20 with 35-to-40 doubles, .300 average and a .400 on-base considering what Reynolds, Byrnes, Young and Upton are each likely to put up as far as doubles and homers go. Each will likely hit 25 homeruns and 30 or more doubles.

I do wish they'd have kept Clark, but they probably would have used him too often this year, like last, limiting Jackson's at-bats, thus his development.

I think within the context of how the Diamondbacks' lineup is constructed, Jackson's numbers will be fine. I'd like him to stay healthy, and then focus on being an RBI guy. For a player with Jackson's command of the strikezone and his ability to but the bat on the ball, any total less than 90 RBI should be considered a failure.

JMarkJohns
04-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Diamondbacks continue to just mash... 10 more runs today, only three from homeruns, which is a ratio I like. They have four sacrifice outs producing RBI, and a couple of XBH that probably would have yeilded more had Melvin not started holding runners up.

I'll take a game like Jackson has had today every game he plays: 1 hit, 2 at-bats, 2 walks, three runs, RBI, no strikeouts... his non-hit was the RBI groundout, illustrating what I mentioned above: his ability to produce for the team, even when not getting power numbers. He just is a smart at-bat and comes through. I'd like a little more aggression, but I think it'll come eventually.

ducks
04-12-2008, 05:53 PM
going to padress diamondback game the 26 of this month hope diamondbacks are still hot then

slayermin
04-13-2008, 02:09 AM
Upton hits another one today. Man, I think he might hit 35 homers this season.

JMarkJohns
04-13-2008, 09:20 AM
You have to believe that at some point they'll slow, however, Upton has been the most consistent of the lot. Maybe he is ready, at age 20, to become the star everyone thought he'd be?

I'll be thrilled with .300+ average, 25+ homerunes, 80+ runs, 90+ RBI and a .380 OBP.

TheTruth
04-13-2008, 11:19 AM
During the Reds series I though Upton's swing was a little too long. But towards the end of the series I think he settled down and his swing is picture perfect right now. That 3 run bomb yesterday was beautiful. He hits the ball so freaking hard.

JMarkJohns
04-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, they are taking their lumps today. Maybe being on the losing end of a route will make them work to never be on one again? Or... maybe it's like last season? Win the first two, get killed in the third. I know it was a throw away game with the teams spot start Gonzalez pitching, but he's going to need to spot start a little better and for a little longer than the three runs in three innings he gave up today. He's going to stick in the rotation until he plays himself out or until Davis gets back.

JMarkJohns
04-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Should have won yesterday. Johnson was better than I expected. I wish the offense would wake up from its two-game nap. I wish the defense would play better behind pitchers who need them to play well.

9-4. Hopefully they pull their heads out of their asses and take the next two games. Owings and Webb means they should.

JMarkJohns
04-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Am I crazy, or were there more Diamondbacks fans posting in last year's thread? I may not recall their names, but I can think of four or so posters from last year's thread that haven't even posted in this year's once.

Nice win yesterday. Owings is pitching very well. I doubt his numbers stay this good for much longer, but even if the Diamondbacks can consistantly get the 7 innings, 3 run-type of games he had vs. LA, they'll be happy.

ducks
04-16-2008, 02:30 PM
wait tell basketball is over
should have more fans then

LEN BIAS 4EVER
04-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Wow never even thought to see if there would be a dbacks following on this forum. Cool...

I was worried about San Diego and the Dodgers due to their pitching and thinking Colorado had way too much go right for them at the end of last season to do it again' but with Johnson looking healthy and Owings looks like he is going to take a big step up this season I am very hopeful of another NLCS appearence and hopefully another World Series. I just worry about the closer spot and neither Lyon nor Pena insprires me.

Has anyone heard that the are going to honor the 1998 team ?? Is their really a need to honor a team that on opening day started Edwin Diaz and Brent Brede ??? I never forget seeing those 2 and thinking they must have won a contest or something to play on opening day.

JMarkJohns
04-16-2008, 05:16 PM
It's not so much the team that they are honoring, but the fact that there was a team. The first professional Major League team is a big deal no matter the number of cups of coffee littered the roster.

Still, your line was hilarious. Wish I'd have entered that contest!!!

JMarkJohns
04-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Good win today. Webb is just mowin' batters down. His record is 4-0 and his ERA is 1.83. CRAZY!!!

LEN BIAS 4EVER
04-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Did Brede or Diaz ever play for another team after leaving the Dbacks ??? I actually thought that the talent was decent for a first year team and that they should have won closer to 70 games but then again I thought Travis Lee was going to be a decade long anchor for the team.

Webb is so good it's ridiculous and if they can just get something out of the 5th starters spot besides an automatic L then they will be in great shape. I hear Davis is suppose to be back in a month ?? That would be great news in many ways......

JMarkJohns
04-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Big series vs. San Diego. They have Haren, Gonzalez (though I don't know why), Johnson on the mound vs. Maddux, Young and Wolf. On paper, SD has the pitching advantage. if my math is correct, however, Arizona would run a rotation of Haren, Johnson (pitched last monday, won't pitch until Saturday) and Owings (Tuesday to Sunday = 5 days).

I'd do that. That balances things out.

The series is in Arizona, a place where Maddux and Young have struggled throughout their careers. From 2005 through 2007, Maddux has a 6.19 ERA in seven starts at Chase. He's averaged just over 5 innings per start. From 2005 through 2007, Young has a 5.53 ERA in six starts at Chase. He's averaged just under five innings per start. Just for shits and giggles, from 2005 through 2007, Wolf has a 5.30 ERA in three starts at Chase. He's averaged just over six innings per start.

Hopefully the Diamondbacks can take this first game, notch a win for Haren, then take either of the final two games to take the series. They can't lose this series at home. I think they give themselves a chance to sweep if they run Haren, Johnson, Owings out there. The following two games would be at home vs. San Francisco. I'd rather throw Webb and Gonzalez in that series, then have Haren and Johnson for the following two-game series at LA, then have Owings, Webb and Gonzalez for the three games in San Diego.

I think that lineup maximizes their winning potential by placing better pitchers vs. better teams, lesser pitchers vs. lesser teams, or long-ball pitchers (Gonzalez) in homer-stingy parks on the road (Petco).

ducks
04-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I am going to san diego on saturday to watch them

JMarkJohns
04-18-2008, 03:29 PM
So next Saturday? I think the remainder of my Yuma family is going to that game as well. Apparently my 6-month old nephew will be attending his first D-Backs game. I've been told he has a infant-size uni.

Hopefully whomever is picthing can get a win!

BillsCarnage
04-18-2008, 05:19 PM
going to padress diamondback game the 26 of this month hope diamondbacks are still hot then

I might be at that one as well. Going to try to catch the Dbacks on their next roadie in LA and SD.

Went and watch Webb's gem in SF the other day. Amazing ballpark.

BillsCarnage
04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Wow never even thought to see if there would be a dbacks following on this forum. Cool...

I was worried about San Diego and the Dodgers due to their pitching and thinking Colorado had way too much go right for them at the end of last season to do it again' but with Johnson looking healthy and Owings looks like he is going to take a big step up this season I am very hopeful of another NLCS appearence and hopefully another World Series. I just worry about the closer spot and neither Lyon nor Pena insprires me.

Has anyone heard that the are going to honor the 1998 team ?? Is their really a need to honor a team that on opening day started Edwin Diaz and Brent Brede ??? I never forget seeing those 2 and thinking they must have won a contest or something to play on opening day.

They weren't honoring the '98 team, but instead is was a dbacks decade team, so there were players from throughout the history on that team.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080412&content_id=2520183&vkey=pr_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari

ducks
04-18-2008, 09:37 PM
I might be at that one as well. Going to try to catch the Dbacks on their next roadie in LA and SD.

Went and watch Webb's gem in SF the other day. Amazing ballpark.

cool

ducks
04-18-2008, 09:38 PM
So next Saturday? I think the remainder of my Yuma family is going to that game as well. Apparently my 6-month old nephew will be attending his first D-Backs game. I've been told he has a infant-size uni.

Hopefully whomever is picthing can get a win!

cool my little one has a spurs infant outfit and a dback one:fro

ducks
04-18-2008, 10:54 PM
jackson 4-5 for tonight
2 triples one single and a homerun (dead center)
yes center for jackson rare

he could have stopped on second so he could have hit for cycle but did the right thing and went to third

ducks
04-18-2008, 10:55 PM
oh and another great night for upton

diamondbacks came into game with a 49 point differentary
also with a team pitching era of 2.9
unreal

JMarkJohns
04-19-2008, 01:39 PM
The Sunday game vs. the Rockies could have really hurt their confidense, but they seem to have rebounded nicely. Hopefully they saved some offense for tonight and can get to Young early and demoralize him. Lifetime, he's been about as bad at Chase as Maddux has been. Diamondbacks are going to need a minimum of five runs to win todays game. With Gonzalez on the mound, you can expect 3/4 runs over five/six innings, then an early turn to the pen, where you can expect another run to be given up somewhere along the way.

If they can get 6/7 runs, they should win.

BillsCarnage
04-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Geez, the Dbacks are a fookin MAAAchine right now.

That 8th inning was insane..

Xylus
04-20-2008, 02:12 AM
Runs Scored: 112

Runs Allowed: 56

+56

JMarkJohns
04-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Geez, the Dbacks are a fookin MAAAchine right now.

That 8th inning was insane..

And Jackson and Young had pretty bad nights. Scary...

Mol3663
04-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Nice to see the Dbacks get a win yesterday. It's really been fun to see this team (and especially Justin Upton) have such a great start to the season.

BillsCarnage
04-20-2008, 03:13 PM
And Jackson and Young had pretty bad nights. Scary...

1-6, anyone in those positions can carry this team on any given night. Really amazing to have that many hitters clicking right now.

The pitching ain't too shabby either. If the Dbacks can get 10-12 quality starts from RJ the rotation will be quite deep.

JMarkJohns
04-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Wheels fell off in this game. No real offense, and Johnson just fell apart after a dominating stretch. Shame. He's not quite ready to pitch lengthy sessions at a high level. He'll get there, but right now he's a five-inning pitcher.

Would like to see some offensive display today, though. Keep some scoring momentum on their side heading into three divisional series, two on the road this next week.

misterx91578
04-23-2008, 12:28 AM
not a typical Webb outing on the mound but we still got the win tonight;)

JMarkJohns
04-23-2008, 11:45 AM
It's pretty awesome that a bad night for Webb sees him give up just three runs in six innings.

That's what makes an ace; how good he can be when everything is going bad.

Five tough road games to close out our NL West stretch. A 3-2 record at LA and A SD wouldn't be too bad. Still, with Haren, Owings and Webb, I'd really love to see Johnson or Gonzalez step up big for the Diamondbacks and try and steal an extra win.

They avoid Penny from the Dodgers and Young for the Padres. The latter is HUGE because Young at Petco is a BEAST!

They do face Peavy, luckily it's in Petco, where his ERA is double what it is on the road, and vs. Webb.

Should be a classic!

JMarkJohns
04-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Ouch! Hopefully they rebound, but losing with Haren on the mound wasn't what I foresaw...

JMarkJohns
04-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Nice bounce-back win! With Gonzalez on the mound, it wasn't going to be easy, but the offense stepped up and the pitching was better than I anticipated. Save for the length of his outings, three of his four starts have been pretty good starts for Edgar. Not all were "Quality" starts by definition, but in reality, all three kept his team in the game. That's all you can ask from a fill-in fifth starter.

PHXSpursFan
04-25-2008, 11:38 AM

Yeah, I know, me neither. Really cool. We are playing great, this team is a blast to watch.

TheTruth
04-25-2008, 11:44 AM
The Rockies will finish with the better record for the division, and they will lose out to the Phils for the wild card. Too many hitters hitting over their heads right now.

JMarkJohns
04-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Why would you say that? You act as if the Diamondbacks' players are just coming out of nowhere. Jackson, Drew, Young, Upton were all top-30 prospects. Reynolds wasn't, but he never spent much time in the minors to be ranked. He's really the only hitter who's playing above his ranking. Drew's playing under it, and Byrnes and Hudson are professional hitters.

For my money, I don't think they'll continue to lead the League in runs scored, but they have so many players with 25-plus homer potential (Young, Upton, Reynolds, Byrnes) and two others with 20-homer potential (Drew and Jackson) that they'll always have the power to knock in runs, and, even dating back to last season, they got on base at a high clip. They just didn't get the timely hits. Thus far, players like Jackson (top-30 prospect in AAA), Upton (top-5 prospect AA) and Reynolds (who's hit .300 or better in like four of his first six months in the bigs) have been.

Plus, the Rockies pitching is nowhere near as good as the Diamondbacks, and the Diamondbacks aren't even healthy yet. When they get Johnson on track (despite his struggles, in two starts his ERA is sub-4) and get Davis back (his career ERA is better than the MLB average), they'll be loaded.

They won't need an average of 7 runs per (like they are averaging. Once the pitching is ready to shine, they'll only need 4-or-5.

I'm not saying the Rockies aren't good, or that they won't compete, but the Diamondbacks have thoroughly owned this division thus far, and have lost just one series the entire season, doing so by a combined run differential of two runs.

In my opinion, Upton and Reynolds will come back down, but I think this is the real Jackson, and Young and Drew are merely scratching their potential, and Byrnes and Hudson have yet to fully get going like last year.

The Rockies are not only going to have to go on a serious tear, but they're going to have to crush the Diamondbacks as badly has the Diamondbacks have crushed them early on.

Just my opinion...

TheTruth
04-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Just to get you riled up. I love the Diamondbacks. They are scary good.

JMarkJohns
04-25-2008, 05:29 PM
I have concerns, and the Rockies are near the top of the list - if not tops - so I'm not saying they'll waltz to a Division Title or through the playoffs and into a World Series.

But after a month now, I think we can determine that this team has enough pitching to whether a few offensive droughts, enough bullpen depth to whether a few injuries, and a lineup so full of potential that if just three or four players are hitting well, 5-8 runs can be scored any given night.

I'm very anxious for this weekend's series. That'll be a good measuring stick for how good this team really is, because they aren't on fire offensively, and they are starting two of their three starting unknowns in the series. If they can take two-of-three, I'll be very, very happy.

JMarkJohns
04-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Good win for Randy! First win of the year. Went six strong innings, giving up three hits, two walks and an earned run while striking out seven. I'll take that every start!

Again, for all his struggles, his ERA on the year is now 2.70.

JMarkJohns
04-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Blah, Blah, Blah... talking to myself...

tsb2000
04-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Not a good day in SD yesterday. Taking the extra inning loss coupled with both Owings and Upton getting hurt. The good news is the DBacks seem to own Peavy, so let's hope things get turned around quick today. :)

JMarkJohns
04-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Upton had a cramp. Nothing serious. They were saying Owings stepped wrong on the base and jammed/strained his foot. Probably nothing series, but he may miss a start depending on which foot it is.

The loss sucked. I was really hoping to go for the sweep vs. Peavy, instead of a series win. I think it would have put more pressure on Peavy, taken some off of Webb and allowed for a better situation for the Diamondbacks today.

misterx91578
04-27-2008, 01:41 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/NickPiecoro/

Diamondbacks promote top prospect Scherzer

What is it with the Diamondbacks bringing up top prospects in San Diego? First Chris Young, then Justin Upton, and today, Max Scherzer.

Yup, the Diamondbacks’ called up their top pitching prospect today and have him on the lineup card as being in the bullpen.

Yusmeiro Petit was apparently the one optioned to Triple-A Tucson. He wasn’t on the lineup card.

Scherzer, who was scheduled to start Sunday in Tucson, posted ridiculous numbers in the Pacific Coast League. He had a 1.17 ERA in four starts, striking out 38 and walking three in 23 innings.

Not sure I understand this move entirely if they’re going to leave him in their bullpen long-term, especially after he was starting to show that he just might be a good starter in the long run.

It appears the move was done in reaction to Micah Owings’ injury. Perhaps Scherzer is insurance in case Owings can’t start Friday? But if that was the case, why not let him start Sunday in Tucson? Did they not want to risk injury down there?

Maybe they need some coverage in the bullpen after 13 innings yesterday? I doubt that, since Juan Cruz, Brandon Lyon and Tony Pena all had yesterday off.

Maybe they’re going to move him into the rotation and bump Edgar Gonzalez back to that swing role in the bullpen? That, to me, would seem like the most likely move.

Regardless of the reason, this seems to make their pitching staff better; they really needed to find a way to get him into the majors considering the numbers he was putting up.

But I think it’s important that he continues to develop as a starter. They might need him in the rotation next year or maybe even later this year. Having him throw inconsistent innings out of the pen isn’t going to allow him to further develop his change-up and slider. It’s not going to get his innings total up to the point where he could throw 180 innings if he’s in the rotation next year.

We’ll let you know what they say when the move is officially announced in about an hour.

JMarkJohns
04-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm not crazy about the move's timing. I would have liked to leave him in Triple-A until the All-Star break. Let him work through some rough spots, develop a mentality necessary to pitch with men on base and just practice his non-fastball pitches some more.

Can't really argue witht he move as the kid has been a monster, and not only that, but the Diamondbacks have made many a right move whether public opinion differed.

I just think they are rushing him a bit.

misterx91578
04-27-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm not crazy about the move's timing. I would have liked to leave him in Triple-A until the All-Star break. Let him work through some rough spots, develop a mentality necessary to pitch with men on base and just practice his non-fastball pitches some more.

Can't really argue witht he move as the kid has been a monster, and not only that, but the Diamondbacks have made many a right move whether public opinion differed.

I just think they are rushing him a bit.

maybe move Edgar back to the pen?

JMarkJohns
04-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I just worry that for all his recent dominance, that he hasn't faced enough true competition to know just what to do when he can't simply overpower upon the strength of his fastball. He's a 1-1/2 pitch pitcher. He has a great fastball, and then three other pitches that he's pretty inconsistent with.

misterx91578
04-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Webb beat Peavy to improve to 6-0

JMarkJohns
04-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Watched most of the game. Couldn't tell if Webb was just a bit off today, or if the Padres were just a better team than previous, but they were getting him in trouble. Again, like last time, what's great is even when things aren't the best they can be, he still gets it done.

misterx91578
04-27-2008, 09:35 PM
looks like Max will be in the pen

JMarkJohns
04-27-2008, 10:10 PM
He needs to start being groomed for Lyon's role next year. Lyon, if he keeps this up, will become a type-A free agent, and will likely command more money than the Diamondbacks are willing to pay. Especially with Qualls, Pena and Scherzer. He'll probably be worth more to them for his compensation 1st-rounder than as the actual closer.

misterx91578
04-28-2008, 03:22 PM
I think Max will start next year

JMarkJohns
04-28-2008, 06:14 PM
He shouldn't start until he has a dominant second pitch. You can't be a one-pitch chucker for more than one trip through the lineup. You NEED that second strong pitch. So long as you have two, then the third and beyond can be effective as they give different looks, but if you don't have the second pitch, then any pitch that doesn't appear fastball isn't going to get the batter's to consistently swing.

You can get away with it in one or two innings. Beyond that, you're asking for trouble.

I think he should set-up or close until his second pitch is a plus pitch. Idealy, until his second and third pitches are plus pitches.

tsb2000
04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I was reading somewhere that Peavy is calling on the Pads' mgt to get Kenny Lofton, saying their team has no speed and no "buzz." That was on the heels of losing again to AZ.

If this all keeps up, Arizona is going to steamroll the NL!

JMarkJohns
04-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Colorado will get it together, San Diego is still San Diego and their staff is SICK, and the Dodgers will be better than they have been. Arizona has steamrolled them thus far, but they need to keep up the intensity and urgency vs. non-NL West clubs. In a matter of a week this six game lead could be halved.

DOMINATOR
04-28-2008, 10:31 PM
d'backs got a great club this year.
what do you guys think is their biggest weakness? (asking the folks that watch em regularly)

ducks
04-28-2008, 11:16 PM
ducks will not go to any more diamondback games they always lose

ducks
04-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Upton had a cramp. Nothing serious. They were saying Owings stepped wrong on the base and jammed/strained his foot. Probably nothing series, but he may miss a start depending on which foot it is.

The loss sucked. I was really hoping to go for the sweep vs. Peavy, instead of a series win. I think it would have put more pressure on Peavy, taken some off of Webb and allowed for a better situation for the Diamondbacks today.

that sucked I wanted to see upton get a hit:bang:bang:bang

misterx91578
04-28-2008, 11:40 PM
d'backs got a great club this year.
what do you guys think is their biggest weakness? (asking the folks that watch em regularly)

they strike out to often

ducks
04-28-2008, 11:44 PM
renoylds has improved on that
younger batters do they are getting better though

tsb2000
04-28-2008, 11:47 PM
they strike out too often

they are much more patient this year, though, and that's why their offense is so much better.

tsb2000
04-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Colorado will get it together, San Diego is still San Diego and their staff is SICK, and the Dodgers will be better than they have been. Arizona has steamrolled them thus far, but they need to keep up the intensity and urgency vs. non-NL West clubs. In a matter of a week this six game lead could be halved.

Good start tonight with the win over the Astros.

I scored tix to one of the games vs. the Phillies next week- 3rd row behind 3rd base. If I counted right, RJ will pitch that night. Sweet! :)

misterx91578
04-28-2008, 11:53 PM
they are much more patient this year, though, and that's why their offense is so much better.

they are more patient but there is still a lot of ks

JMarkJohns
04-29-2008, 01:06 AM
they are more patient but there is still a lot of ks

I can live with the unproductive outs much easier now that they are drawing walks. Eventually you'd like to see contact outs rather than strikeouts, but overall, I'm happy with the progression I've seen thus far.

misterx91578
04-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Max made his major league debut tonight 4 and a third innings 7ks and no walks or hits

JMarkJohns
04-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah... maybe all he needs is that fastball?!

misterx91578
04-30-2008, 11:27 AM
well at least last night it was unhittable

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Me thinks Gonzalez made his final start of the year. If Scherzer can keep this up, what the hell is to done with Doug Davis when he returns? He's an innings eater with good experience and a 4.0ish ERA. Obviously if Scherzer is just that much better than Davis you have to keep pitching Scherzer, but that would really such for Davis. It's worse than losing your job to injury (which typically happen on the field). He lost it to cancer.

misterx91578
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Edgar probably did make his last start I'm guessing Max in the rotation until Davis comes back. Then either you can try to trade Edgar or send Max down

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
If last night is an indication for things to come, there's zero chance Schwerzer is sent down.

I now people love him as a starter, but he's so young and inexpensive, and his fastball is so filthy, that closer makes a ton of sense going forward. I mean, the Diamondbacks are locked in to Webb, Haren, Owings and Davis for a another few seasons, and if RJ is single-digits from 300 wins and proves he's healthy, I think they bring him back next season as well.

Lyon will be a free agent at season's end, and if he keeps on pitching the way he has, he'll be a type-A FA, very costly and probably worth more to the Diamondbacks for the compsenation picks he brings than his actual pitching. Not with Qualls, Pena and Scherzer.

misterx91578
04-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Max to start Monday

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Wish Max was starting today :rolleyes ... Geez, Randy...

PHXSpursFan
04-30-2008, 04:32 PM
:rolleyes

Let's start Scherzer everyday. Actually maybe we should take a look at Juan Cruz making a spot start.

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Another series, another series win. The Diamondbacks haven't lost a series since their opening series. Crazy...

misterx91578
04-30-2008, 09:07 PM
this team always finds a way to win

JackArse
05-01-2008, 12:16 AM
yay a team we can talk about.

man, got home just in time to see the owings homer.

never have i heard of a manager, switching pitchers specifically for a pitcher that's pinch hitting.

then again.. the only thing close to micah so far is babe ruth.. and he's still a way off from being the babe.

.412 ba is a good start though

16 hits and 11 rbis this year for dbacks pitchers.

LEN BIAS 4EVER
05-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I would rather see Max be the 8th inning guy, assuming he can handle it. If he can, that would really bolster the bullpen. I'd rather he not start once Davis is back, why rack up big innings on his arm and he could get by with his fastball for an inning a night.

Did Micah Owings DH last year at all in AL parks ??

JMarkJohns
05-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I would rather see Max be the 8th inning guy, assuming he can handle it. If he can, that would really bolster the bullpen. I'd rather he not start once Davis is back, why rack up big innings on his arm and he could get by with his fastball for an inning a night.

This will probably end up being close to the scenerio for this season. Scherzer spot starts to the All-Star Break, then goes to the pen the random 7th/8th innings set up man, depending on the game and whether Pena or Qualls pitched the night before. Gives him a look at the two situations he's going to see time in most likely going forward.

I read a scouting report, and I'm unsure where, and the scout compared Scherzer to Justin Verlander. A+ fastball, C+ other stuff, but this scout is sure that at least two other pitches (change, curve) will become B+ stuff in the next few years.

If Scherzer can become even a poor-mans Verlander, then with Webb, Haren and Owings, this rotation will be filthy sick...

Did Micah Owings DH last year at all in AL parks ??

I'm pretty sure it was Jackson. Clark played first, with Jackson as the DH.

JackArse
05-01-2008, 09:54 PM
i think he did once, maybe twice, but yeah, usually jackson or clark, with the other playing first.

T Park
05-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Hi there,

Cardinals knockin on the door half a game back :)

Not running smack, Im just typing it out to enjoy it while it lasts :lol

JMarkJohns
05-06-2008, 08:44 AM
I can't imagine the Cardinals keeping this up, but still, they have been very, very good thus far. Diamondbacks are going through their offensive drought. Everyone knew this would happen. No surprise really. The shame isn't that Reynolds and Young aren't hitting, or that Jackson and Upton aren't enough to make up for it, but that their two highest paid position players, Byrnes and Hudson, are injured and aren't playing well.

They are now 3-4 in this 10-game homestand. A reclrd of 5-5 is most likely now, and to me, that's a failure considering Webb, Haren, Owings and Johnson each threw twice.

ducks
05-06-2008, 05:37 PM
diamondbacks o the last 2 outings was not why they lost
they lost because of errors to mets
and last night pitching

ClingingMars
05-06-2008, 05:40 PM
mets > dbacks

- Mars

ducks
05-06-2008, 06:00 PM
mets > dbacks

- Mars

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

JackArse
05-06-2008, 11:30 PM
diamondbacks o the last 2 outings was not why they lost
they lost because of errors to mets
and last night pitching

straight up, truth.

i couldn't believe how sloppy their defense looked in all aspects. the pitching was ok, but mets were getting some very good hits on hard to hit pitches too.

as for now.. RJ looks like he's finally rounding into regular season shape, after his 'spring training' of 4 games. this was about the time he started to get in the groove last year. now, if he can last more than 4 more games this year. dangerous pitching staff. doug davis is due back in about 2 weeks or so. he'll be doing a minor league start this week, i think friday. and scherzer will probably be in the pen, which will be really nice. get him some work in the big leagues without too much pressure.

T Park
05-07-2008, 01:05 AM
I can't imagine the Cardinals keeping this up, but still, they have been very, very good thus far

Neither do I but....

Its starting to get later in the year to the point where you say, either they are a long running fluke, or they are just better than everyone though.

PHXSpursFan
05-07-2008, 05:31 PM
This team is actually worse than I thought.

Pitching----better
Hitting----same as thought
Fielding----horrible
Baserunning----non existant

JMarkJohns
05-07-2008, 08:50 PM
The fielding has been surprisingly bad and I too miss the constant threat of base-stealing. Their offense was notching so many homers they started playing for the three-run homer. I hate that style of offense.

ducks
05-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Top 1st: Philadelphia
- C. Utley hit sacrifice fly to deep center, S. Victorino scored

Bot 1st: Arizona
- C. Young homered to deep left, A. Ojeda scored

Bot 4th: Arizona
- C. Snyder doubled to deep left, S. Drew and J. Upton scored, M. Reynolds to third

- C. Burke singled to shortstop, M. Reynolds scored

- A. Ojeda hit sacrifice fly to deep center, C. Snyder scored

Bot 5th: Arizona
- M. Reynolds singled to shallow center, S. Drew scored

Bot 7th: Arizona
- J. Upton homered to deep right

ducks
05-08-2008, 04:38 PM
webb going for complete game

ducks
05-08-2008, 04:48 PM
damm webb ruined his awesome game in 9

Nash2Amare
05-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Dbacks pwn all.

Too bad I can't say the same about the Suns :(

and WTF. misterx posts here???

( <--Chris24Young from http://forum.diamondbacksbullpen.org/ )

sunsfan13az
05-09-2008, 04:22 AM
Great win by the dbacks today Webb was amazing if our offense keeps giving him run support he may not lose more then 2 games the way he is pitching now :)

SpursFan24445
05-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Brandon Webb is a machine. 8-0 is disgusting and there's no sign of him losing one soon...

misterx91578
05-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Max was taken out after 6 innings and 82 pitches and the pen gave up 6 runs for the loss

misterx91578
05-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Dbacks pwn all.

Too bad I can't say the same about the Suns :(

and WTF. misterx posts here???

( <--Chris24Young from http://forum.diamondbacksbullpen.org/ )

yes I post here I told everyone on the dbacks board I'm a spurs fan so why wouldn't I post here?

ducks
05-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Max was taken out after 6 innings and 82 pitches and the pen gave up 6 runs for the loss

why does this manager think they have to use 3 relievers everyone game
one guy is off and you blow your lead
:bang

misterx91578
05-11-2008, 05:24 PM
pen does it again :bang

ducks
05-11-2008, 06:27 PM
why does he go to the ball pen so soon?

why wear out the pen?

ducks
05-11-2008, 06:27 PM
the starting pitching was awesome against cabs
the pen sucked major ass
and coaching was terrible

Mol3663
05-11-2008, 07:19 PM
yeah, the bullpen is really struggling. Rough series in Chicago.

misterx91578
05-13-2008, 11:48 PM
back home and RJ picks up win 287

misterx91578
05-15-2008, 12:26 AM
we own the nl west

misterx91578
05-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Webb goes to 9-0:clap

JoshTheChild
05-16-2008, 01:13 AM
go astros!

ducks
05-16-2008, 11:19 AM
upton took three pitches inside on three and 0 he had the green light
and hit that triple
awesome play

ducks
05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
20-5 against west

JMarkJohns
05-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Nice come-from-behind win tonight. Bonderman looked great for six innings, but a few mental lapses on his and his defenses' part cost them the lead and they could never come close to getting it back. Cruz and Pena owned th eighth and ninth... Cruz was disgusting...

Marklar MM
05-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Nice come-from-behind win tonight. Bonderman looked great for six innings, but a few mental lapses on his and his defenses' part cost them the lead and they could never come close to getting it back. Cruz and Pena owned th eighth and ninth... Cruz was disgusting...

Miner is one of the worst pitchers in the league. When he comes in, it is pretty much guaranteed the other team will tie or take the lead. Other than that, good game for the DBacks. Will probably sweep the series the way Detroit is playing.

JMarkJohns
05-17-2008, 12:09 AM
I really like Bonderman. I know he's inconsistent, and that his velocity has decreased this year, but I'd trade for him in a heartbeat so long as Parra, Parker and Scherzer weren't involved.

JMarkJohns
05-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Five-Star Prospects
1. Jarrod Parker, RHP
Four-Star Prospects
2. Gerardo Parra, OF
3. Max Scherzer, RHP
Three-Star Prospects
4. Brooks Brown, RHP
5. Juan Gutierrez, RHP
6. Billy Buckner, RHP
Two-Star Prospects
7. Ed Easley, C
8. Emilio Bonifacio, 2B/SS
9. Reynoldo Navarro, SS
10. Wes Roemer, RHP
11. Barry Enright, RHP

This list didn't include a top RHP prospect, Esmerling Vasquez because he had yet to prove he was back from injury, but he's a 4-star prospect I'd be willing to part with in a deal (assuming the Tigers remain this crappy and start to sell off lesser parts like Bonderman).

Vasquez hasn't proven anything yet, but he's a top level prospect. I'd be willing to throw in both Buckner and Gutierrez if Vasquez wasn't wanted. Gutierrez has a 4.5 ERA in the PCL and Buckner is just over 5.0. But don't let that fool you, the PCL is vicious. Webb had a 5.4 ERA in handful of starts he had there. It's just an offensive league.

misterx91578
05-17-2008, 11:41 AM
usually you have to get to Bonderman early or not at all hopefully they can get Max win 1 today

Burn531
05-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Miner is one of the worst pitchers in the league.

And Leyland still uses him in a crucial situation. Why not bring him in when they're down 6 or 7 runs? :lol

JMarkJohns
05-17-2008, 06:00 PM
The Tigers didn't lose the game because Miner didn't make pitches. They lost the game because Renteria was in position but yeilded to Guillen when a shortstop overrules everyone if in position and because Guillen, a converted shortstop to firstbaseman, threw the ball in dirt and Cabrera, a crappy thirdbaseman by trade, couldn't pick it out.
Miner made the pitches, the defense didn't make the plays.

misterx91578
05-17-2008, 10:44 PM
metal errors cost of the game tonight

JMarkJohns
05-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Yesterday, errors = win
Today, errors = loss

Errors giveth, errors taketh away...

misterx91578
05-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Randy goes 7 for a 4-0 win

ducks
05-19-2008, 03:08 PM
diamondbacks need to start hitting again

JMarkJohns
05-19-2008, 05:05 PM
diamondbacks need to start hitting again

They need a batter amongst Reynolds, Young, Upton, Jackson or Byrnes to simply get hot and carry them for a week. If two can, great...

ducks
05-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Arizona's Davis to return Friday -

misterx91578
05-21-2008, 08:51 PM
can't hit shit on the road

misterx91578
05-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Doug Davis returns tonight vs the braves

misterx91578
05-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Davis get the win in his return 11-1

Mol3663
05-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Nice to see the offense pick up and Davis to get the win!

TheTruth
05-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Good for davis. It's a great story. Now he just needs a no hitter and to win the clinching game of the World Series.

misterx91578
05-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Randy ties rocket for the 2nd most strikeouts ever

ducks
05-29-2008, 11:42 PM
upton is getting hot
diamond backs can not catch a break
lets go d-backs

ducks
05-31-2008, 11:17 PM
4 homeruns tonight
2 reynolds
one upton
one young
they finally win

ducks
06-01-2008, 07:18 PM
webb another complete game no runs scored on him

ducks
06-01-2008, 07:19 PM
another series win today
10 for the season

ducks
06-01-2008, 07:19 PM
dbacks have 19 road games this month

8 at home counting today
WOW

JMarkJohns
06-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Diamondbacks better stop effin' around. They need to get their acts together, hit when they pitch well and stop reversing such so they lose 8-7, then lose 3-2. I know they are pretty much on last season's pace, but they shouldn't be. Their players have more experience, they have better/healthier pitching, and the division is far weaker. They should be several games better than last season's pace, not neck-n-neck with it.

The last two games were quality, but losing Randy's win on Thursday sucked BIG TIME, and they couldn't even give him run support two Saturday's ago when he allowed just two runs. They need to stop wasting quality starts like that.

misterx91578
06-03-2008, 12:14 AM
:bang dbacks handed the brewers the game today

misterx91578
06-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I have no idea what to say about this team

Mol3663
06-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Swept by the Brewers. Not playing well AT ALL.

ducks
06-04-2008, 11:28 PM
they need to start playing small ball

misterx91578
06-05-2008, 03:54 PM
dbacks pick Daniel Schlereth out of UofA with the 26th pick of the draft

with the 43th pick they pick Wade Miley out of Southeastern Louisiana University

misterx91578
06-12-2008, 05:38 PM
what a win today:toast

ducks
06-12-2008, 11:33 PM
dbacks pick Daniel Schlereth out of UofA with the 26th pick of the draft

with the 43th pick they pick Wade Miley out of Southeastern Louisiana University

Daniel Schlereth has an era of 1.89
wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wo w

ducks
06-12-2008, 11:34 PM
they win a series on the road yes

misterx91578
06-13-2008, 11:39 PM
back home the dbacks get a walk off by Tracy to beat the Royals 1-0 in the 10th

misterx91578
06-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Max Scherzer sent down to Tucson Billy Buckner called up for a fresh arm in the pen

misterx91578
06-14-2008, 10:00 PM
lost 12-3 to the royals :bang :depressed

misterx91578
06-15-2008, 06:12 PM
got outscored 20-7 at home in series vs the royals:depressed:bang:downspin:

misterx91578
06-17-2008, 10:43 PM
yet another horrible game

ducks
06-17-2008, 11:40 PM
They Have Sucked For A Month

Mol3663
06-18-2008, 12:56 AM
horrible, HORRIBLE game tonight. They have sucked for more than a month. Somehow they still have a 4.5 game lead in the NL west. Maybe (hopefully) they'll start to turn it around tomorrow?

misterx91578
06-18-2008, 11:18 PM
11-1 dbacks win tonight

misterx91578
06-19-2008, 07:47 PM
dbacks take the series beating the A's 2-1:toast

tsb2000
06-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Nice win today! Davis was spot-on today, which was a nice change from his last outing.

What's even nicer is I scored tickets to the 7/6 game against the Padres.

Sweet! :spin

misterx91578
06-23-2008, 09:49 PM
dbacks beat the red sox in Boston:toast

misterx91578
06-24-2008, 09:34 PM
:bang:bang I hate Qualls

JMarkJohns
06-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I feel like I'm on the Titanic. Grand start, a ton of hype, but in the long run, doomed from the get go and prone to causing tears and leaps off of balconies...

misterx91578
06-27-2008, 12:24 PM
the only saving grace is the divison sucks

misterx91578
06-28-2008, 09:05 PM
41-40 at the half way point of the season

misterx91578
06-29-2008, 02:59 PM
:bang back to .500 after a blown save

T Park
06-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Everytime I see the Dan Haren boys and girls club commercial, I die inside a little more.

Fucking Jocketty :pctoss

misterx91578
07-01-2008, 11:39 PM
back to .500:bang

misterx91578
07-02-2008, 11:44 PM
How Fucking Pathetic Under .500 And Lead The Division

SAtown
07-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Nice comeback by AZ after being down 5-0 in the bottom of the 9th

misterx91578
07-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Nice comeback by AZ after being down 5-0 in the bottom of the 9th

scored 6 without an out to win:elephant

misterx91578
07-05-2008, 05:51 PM
from rotoworld

The New York Post has learned that Brandon Webb will start the All-Star Game for the NL.

ducks
07-05-2008, 08:21 PM
cool
hope he only pitches one inning though

ducks
07-05-2008, 10:22 PM
d-backs suck

misterx91578
07-06-2008, 12:23 PM
43-45 and in first place maybe nobody wants to win this division

misterx91578
07-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Webb and Haren both make the all star game

misterx91578
07-13-2008, 03:12 PM
47-48 going to the break :depressed:depressed:bang:bang:downspin::downspin: :pctoss:pctoss:vomit::vomit:

ducks
07-19-2008, 12:33 AM
slaten is an idiot

ducks
07-19-2008, 11:45 PM
haren awesome pitcher
webb gets the w tomorrow
d-backs should have swepted the great torre dodgers

misterx91578
07-20-2008, 01:24 AM
beat la beat la beat la:toast

ducks
07-20-2008, 05:48 PM
B. Lyon is starting to suck

ducks
07-20-2008, 05:50 PM
back to back games to give up 2 runs wtf

ducks
07-20-2008, 05:59 PM
fuck it cost webb a w and now gave up another run
tied game

ducks
07-20-2008, 05:59 PM
fuck it now gave up another w
now d-backs could lose
down 5-4

ducks
07-20-2008, 06:01 PM
B. Lyon relieved B. Webb
- A. Ojeda at third
- N. Garciaparra doubled to deep center
- J. Loney singled to right, N. Garciaparra to third
- A. Jones grounded out to shortstop, N. Garciaparra scored, J. Loney to second
- B. DeWitt grounded out to shortstop
- A. LaRoche hit for R. Troncoso
- A. LaRoche singled to right, J. Loney scored
- P. Ozuna ran for A. LaRoche
- M. Kemp doubled to deep center, P. Ozuna scored
- A. Ethier tripled to deep center, M. Kemp scored

ducks
07-20-2008, 06:02 PM
L. Rosales relieved B. Lyon
about time

2 runs to late though~

ducks
07-20-2008, 06:03 PM
R. Martin singled to center, A. Ethier scored

misterx91578
07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
:depressed:bangThank You Drew Lyon And Melvin For Putting Lyon In There After Yesterday

misterx91578
07-22-2008, 04:41 PM
dbacks trade Bonifacio to the nats for Rauch

I really like this move:toast

ducks
07-22-2008, 05:07 PM
The Diamondbacks bolstered their bullpen Tuesday, acquiring righthander Jon Rauch from the Washington Nationals for infielder Emilio Bonifacio.

At 6-11, Rauch, 29, is the tallest pitcher in major league history, surpassing the “Big Unit” by one inch. He went 4-2 with a 2.98 ERA and 17 saves in 48 appearances this season as the Nationals’ closer.

ducks
07-27-2008, 10:34 PM
unit has won the last 4 games he pitched in
last two games no runs scored
d-backs sweep the giants

misterx91578
07-28-2008, 08:44 AM
the bats have come back to life

ducks
07-28-2008, 10:30 PM
what is ownings problem?
did those 2 short relief outings hurt him and his confidence

he sucks

tsb2000
07-28-2008, 11:05 PM
^#$%^@#!@!!!! Owings! Trade him for Texiera!

misterx91578
07-29-2008, 01:04 AM
what is ownings problem?
did those 2 short relief outings hurt him and his confidence

he sucks

a starter needs more then 2 pitches is his problem

misterx91578
07-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Davis had a perfecto until the 21st batter of the game

tsb2000
07-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Davis was great tonight!

IronMexican
07-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Lets go Dodgers!:king

ducks
07-30-2008, 02:45 PM
the management sucked ass last night
d-backs were lucky to win

ducks
07-30-2008, 02:45 PM
^#$%^@#!@!!!! Owings! Trade him for Texiera!

yeah but he can hit
WHO CARES HE NEEDS TO PITCH

ducks
07-30-2008, 11:53 PM
show down in la
big 4 game series
lets go d-backs

ducks
07-31-2008, 11:29 PM
d-backs take game one

ducks
08-02-2008, 12:33 AM
dbacks take game 2

ducks
08-02-2008, 12:45 AM
bull pen is unreal during this stretch
.180 is what the other team is batting against bull pen

ducks
08-02-2008, 11:52 PM
dodgers take game 3

lets go d-backs

big game tomorrow
lets go 8-2 on the road trip

tsb2000
08-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Oh, how do I hate the LA Dodgers? Let me count the ways.... :)

ducks
08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
dodger take game 4

d-backs beat pirates last night though

JMarkJohns
08-06-2008, 07:53 PM
We need to sweep the Pirates tonight and keep the pressure on LA to beat good teams on the road. They need to go 6-1 on this homestand. Anytime you have a homestand and have your two aces pitching 4-of-7 games and a fifth by a pitcher who hasn't allowed an earned run in three starts, and are playing sub-.500 teams, you have to take advantage.

They go 6-1 and LA goes 3-3 and the Diamondbacks get back to a reasonable lead.

ducks
08-06-2008, 07:55 PM
sucked today
no hits
randy gave up one whole run
pathetic

JMarkJohns
08-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Didn't realize the game started early. Crappy games happen, but they shouldn't happen vs. the Pirates at home.

T Park
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
ur welcome again d backs haha :LOL

JMarkJohns
08-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I can't believe the Diamondbacks dropped two in a row to the effin' Pirates and Braves... Effers better get their act together and win the next three. If they go 4-3 at home vs. two sub-.500 clubs who've either traded or lost to injury their best players recently, then they just need to refund ticket expense and shut the season down.

ducks
08-08-2008, 07:44 PM
OF Justin Upton (left oblique strain) impressed the D-backs during early batting practice Wednesday, the first time he has hit since suffering his injury July 9. “After the first few swings, it looked like his normal swing. He was driving the ball out of the ballpark,” manager Bob Melvin said.

JMarkJohns
08-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I hate Doug Davis. I don't think I get more enfuriated with another pitcher. Opponants damn near bat .300 off him the first-through-third times through the order, and if this wasn't bad enough, the guy walks upwards of four batters a game, and damn near falls behind 2-0, 3-1 on every batter.

JMarkJohns
08-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Dan Haren failed to give a quality start, and it appears the Diamondbacks are officially done. If they can't convincingly take a 7-game homestand vs. two patch-work/mash-unit sub-.500 squads then I have no faith they'll refind what they have had in the past and make the playoffs. If you can't win these series, then you don't deserve faith.

What a crappy team of late.

Seriously... you've dropped four in a row at home to Pittsburgh and Atlanta?

ducks
08-09-2008, 10:30 PM
I hate Doug Davis. I don't think I get more enfuriated with another pitcher. Opponants damn near bat .300 off him the first-through-third times through the order, and if this wasn't bad enough, the guy walks upwards of four batters a game, and damn near falls behind 2-0, 3-1 on every batter.

I hate him to
I want him gone next year
so he had cancer big deal
his starts suck

ducks
08-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Dan Haren failed to give a quality start, and it appears the Diamondbacks are officially done. If they can't convincingly take a 7-game homestand vs. two patch-work/mash-unit sub-.500 squads then I have no faith they'll refind what they have had in the past and make the playoffs. If you can't win these series, then you don't deserve faith.

What a crappy team of late.

Seriously... you've dropped four in a row at home to Pittsburgh and Atlanta?
looks to me the braves are in the young diamondback heads
and looks like the braves just feel they own the d-backs
which they have

d-backs have question mark starting pitching for 4-5

and how long can randy johnson be the number three guy:bang