PDA

View Full Version : Mavs VS Clippers....

icem
03-31-2008, 11:53 PM
so jason kidd has 25 pts, and 1 assist right now and the mavs are winning....

he has officially become devin harris.... oh the irony

lol @ that trade

mavsfan1000
03-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Avery wanted Harris to pass more and now Avery wants Kidd to shoot more. Fuck Avery.

lurker
04-01-2008, 12:05 AM
We need Kidd to shoot more when Dirk comes back. Him being just a passer clearly isn't going to get them anywhere but the lottery.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Fuck Avery Johnson. I just ordered my Fire Avery T-shirt from fireavery.com

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Congratulations to Josh Howard for showing up in the 2nd half. Lord knows it's tough to do that against the Clippers.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Fuck Avery Johnson. I just ordered my Fire Avery T-shirt from fireavery.com
Nice. I rather just mention it 100 times on the forums. :D

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:12 AM
It's always nice to squeak out a win against the Brand-less, Kaman-less, Tim Thomas-less, Cuttino Mobley-less Clippers.

Findog
04-01-2008, 12:13 AM
It's always nice to squeak out a win against the Brand-less, Kaman-less, Tim Thomas-less, Cuttino Mobley-less Clippers.

Winning is deodorant.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:15 AM
I wonder if the Mavs could keep it close against the Clippers if they lost Dirk, Damp, Howard, & Terry and the Clippers were only missing Brand.

Okay, I'll stop being a Negative Nancy now. seeing a W is nice.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-01-2008, 12:17 AM
God if you are listening please show some love to the Dallas Mavericks

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:18 AM
If Dirk pulls a Willis Reed on Wednesday night, we're going to the Finals.

JK2
04-01-2008, 12:18 AM
he has officially become devin harris.... oh the irony
and you have officially become a moron. Kidd played like he had to against the Clippers without Dirk, Stack and a poor shooting Jet.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-01-2008, 12:20 AM
When does Dirk come back? Any word?

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Bass with 0 Rebounds while Fazekas gets 10 rebounds. Whose great idea was to cut Fazekas?

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Bass with 0 Rebounds while Fazekas gets 10 rebounds. Whose great idea was to cut Fazekas?
I guess you missed where he got the ball stolen from him after all 10 rebounds.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:22 AM
I guess you missed where he got the ball stolen from him after all 10 rebounds.
Bass 3 to and Fazekas 3 to.

Findog
04-01-2008, 12:22 AM
When does Dirk come back? Any word?

No idea. Some people are optimistically saying Wednesday against the Warriors, but I think that is really pie in the sky thinking. Most likely next week after we get stomped by the Lakers and Suns.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Bass 3 to and Fazekas 3 to.
I can understand why you feel the need to dump on Bass every chance you get. After all, you're the one who said Michael Finley sucked.

Findog
04-01-2008, 12:24 AM
If Dirk pulls a Willis Reed on Wednesday night, we're going to the Finals.

I wonder if he could get a needle, gut it out versus Golden State and then rest against the Suns and Lakers. We need him back for the homies against Seattle and Utah (terrible road team), and then we have a decent shot to sweep the Pacific Northwest doubleheader. And NOLA might have clinched their seed and have nothing to play for in the season finale.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:24 AM
I can understand why you feel the need to dump on Bass every chance you get. After all, you're the one who said Michael Finley sucked.
What does Bass have to do with Finley and no I didn't say Finley sucked. We're not going there again.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:25 AM
What does Bass have to do with Finley and no I didn't say Finley sucked. We're not going there again.
You certainly did say that. It proves your judgement on members of the Dallas Mavericks really can't ever be trusted. What kind of Mavs fan would talk shit about Michael Finley?

Findog
04-01-2008, 12:25 AM

Bass is definitely a nice player and has plenty of upside. There's no need to dump on him. Problem is, with Dirk as our PF, we need to get those post points from the center position. And given how difficult it will be to resign him, it might be prudent to trade him now to get that post-scoring option at the 5.

Findog
04-01-2008, 12:26 AM
You certainly did say that. It proves your judgement on members of the Dallas Mavericks really can't ever be trusted. What kind of Mavs fan would talk shit about Michael Finley?

Findog.

arcticjoe
04-01-2008, 12:26 AM

jamaal magloire is the one you should be looking at not brandon bass... fazekas was cut to make room for magloire

and besides bass has been a contributor through out the season so one bad game doesnt make fazekas suddenly look like a good idea.

JK2
04-01-2008, 12:27 AM
jamaal magloire is the one you should be looking at not brandon bass... fazekas was cut to make room for magloire
wtf? he was cut to sign and trade kvh.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:28 AM
I wonder if he could get a needle, gut it out versus Golden State and then rest against the Suns and Lakers. We need him back for the homies against Seattle and Utah (terrible road team), and then we have a decent shot to sweep the Pacific Northwest doubleheader. And NOLA might have clinched their seed and have nothing to play for in the season finale.
Getting a 1 game lead on both GS & Denver, plus a tiebreaker over the Warriors would be crucial.

What worries me about the NOLA game is that it may decided who gets the 8-seed. I guess it depends on who the Hornets would rather face, Dallas or Denver/GS. If they want the Mavs they probably tank it, but if not they'll do whatever it takes to knock them out.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:29 AM

and besides bass has been a contributor through out the season so one bad game doesnt make fazekas suddenly look like a good idea.
The problem with Bass is he can't rebound. You have to rebound well to be effective at Power Forward and especially Center. If he was playing Small Forward, it wouldn't be such a issue.

arcticjoe
04-01-2008, 12:29 AM
wtf? he was cut to sign and trade kvh.

oh my mistake i thought we cut him to make room for magloire but my point is still vaild.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Yawn. I said Finley sucked in his last 2 years as a mav. Overall he was good to great player as a mav. Get that in your skull since you have such a selective memory.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:31 AM
oh my mistake i thought we cut him to make room for magloire but my point is still vaild.
well swap out Magloire for Juwan Howard and you kinda have a point. But considering Keith Van Fazekas sucks anyways, it really doesn't matter.

Findog
04-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Getting a 1 game lead on both GS & Denver, plus a tiebreaker over the Warriors would be crucial.

What worries me about the NOLA game is that it may decided who gets the 8-seed. I guess it depends on who the Hornets would rather face, Dallas or Denver/GS. If they want the Mavs they probably tank it, but if not they'll do whatever it takes to knock them out.

I'm sure the Hornets would rather play GS/Den. Before this year, they hadn't beaten us since 1999, this team if it could ever put it together could be pretty stout and return to the form of the past two years, and we have way more playoff experience than they do. Right now, the Hornets are better than us, but you just never know once you get into a playoff series what will happen.

We can't lose a tiebreaker to GS, but off the top of my head, I think we'll have a better conference record, since we play them an even # of games.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Yawn. I said Finley sucked in his last 2 years as a mav. Overall he was good to great player as a mav. Get that in your skull since you have such a selective memory.
You backtracked when every member of Mavericks Nation told you what an idiot you were for shitting on Finley's Mav career. That was when you changed it to his last 2 years.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:34 AM
You backtracked when ever member of Mavericks Nation told you what an idiot you were for shitting on Finley's Mav career. That was when you changed it to his last 2 years.
No I said that Finley's good to great years didn't matter as the mavs were a horrible team and scoring points on a bad team isn't as impressive as scoring points on a championship level team. Somehow you got the idea that I thought he sucked but he just wasn't there when we needed him the most.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:34 AM
No I said that Finley's good to great years didn't matter as the mavs were a horrible team
Spoken like someone who wasn't a fan back then.

Findog
04-01-2008, 12:35 AM
It just all depends on how soon Dirk comes back. I think the GS game on Wednesday is going to go a long way towards sealing our playoff fate.

Denver remaining:

Sac
@ Sea
@ LAC
@ GS
@ Utah
vs Hou
vs Mem

GS:

@ SAS
@ Dal
@ Mem
@ NO
vs Sac
vs Den
vs LAC
@ Phx
vs Sea

Dal:

GS
@ LAL
@ PHX
Sea
Uta
@ Por
@ Sea
NO

Dirk really has to make it back I think by the homie against Seattle. Without him, I don't think we win the next three.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Spoken like someone who wasn't a fan back then.
Yes you are right about that. So what?

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:37 AM
If Dallas can beat Golden State, then win their last 5.....they should be in.

Pretty shaky odds even with Dirk, impossible without him.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Yes you are right about that. So what?
So who did you root for back then?

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:38 AM
So who did you root for back then?
Da Bulls. I was on the Jordan wagon back than. Kinda a letdown to go from the super clutch Bulls to the super choke mavs. :rolleyes

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:39 AM
GS has a really tough schedule looking at it. If Dirk can get back and they can nut up just a little bit, Dallas should be in with the 8 seed. If they actually figure some shit out, they'll have the 7.

Findog
04-01-2008, 12:39 AM
I see Denver winning their next three, losing the two roadies to GS and Utah, then winning their last two. So they go 5-2 to finish.

Assuming Dirk comes back Wednesday against the Warriors, I say we beat GS, lose to LA and Phx, win the next four, and then it will come down to what NOLA does in the season finale. We'll be 5-2 going into the season finale.

I say GS loses to San Antonio, loses to the Dirk-fortified Mavs, beats Dirk-less Mavs, beats Memphis, loses to NOLA, wins their next three home games, loses at Phoenix, and then beats Seattle. So they finish 5-4 or 6-3.

Bottom line for us we need Dirk back no later than the home game against Seattle or we're done.

Findog
04-01-2008, 12:40 AM
If Dallas can beat Golden State, then win their last 5.....they should be in.

Pretty shaky odds even with Dirk, impossible without him.

They'll be on the 2nd of a b2b, but I don't think we can do it without him.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Da Bulls. I was on the Jordan wagon back than. Kinda a letdown to go from the super clutch Bulls to the super choke mavs. :rolleyes

Wow that's fucked up, I thought you were a mavs fan?

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Wow that's fucked up, I thought you were a mavs fan?
I am now and for awhile since Jordan and company are gone. I know I'm not the only one that rooted for the bulls in the 90's.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:45 AM
I am now and for awhile since Jordan and company are gone. I know I'm not the only one that rooted for the bulls in the 90's.
I'm guessing Bulls fans did too.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm guessing Bulls fans did too.
I'm guessing fans from many other city's as well. So I guess you didn't root for them?

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm guessing fans from many other city's as well.
Those weren't Bulls fans.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:51 AM
Those weren't Bulls fans.
Well they rooted for them. That counts for something. I'm glad I don't have to live by the miserable rules that you can't root for multiple teams through the years. If it makes you feel better by doing so, go right ahead.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Well they rooted for them. That counts for something.
Not really.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Well they rooted for them. That counts for something. I'm glad I don't have to live by the miserable rules that you can't root for multiple teams through the years. If it makes you feel better by doing so, go right ahead.
So what team will you be rooting for when the Mavs fall back into mediocrity? Any potential teams on the radar yet?

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 12:57 AM
So what team will you be rooting for when the Mavs fall back into mediocrity? Any potential teams on the radar yet?
The Celtics are my backup team if the Mavs fall but the mavs are by far my favorite team in the league right now. I can't tell you about 10 years down the road.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Well it's a good thing Kori can change your name for you.

I'll be looking forward to seeing blazersfan1000 posting in 2011.

mavsfan1000
04-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Well it's a good thing Kori can change your name for you.

I'll be looking forward to seeing blazersfan1000 posting in 2011.
Maybe I'll stick with the Mavs through the hard times this time around. I don't know if my heart can leave the Mavs.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 01:04 AM
yeah

BUMP
04-01-2008, 08:26 AM
i think we can beat LAL with or without Dirk. if you guys have been paying close attention, you will have noticed how badly LAL has been struggling. losses to MEmphis and Charlotte at home, then an overtime win at home vs Washington. Dallas would probably sweep the three of them

Findog
04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
i think we can beat LAL with or without Dirk. if you guys have been paying close attention, you will have noticed how badly LAL has been struggling. losses to MEmphis and Charlotte at home, then an overtime win at home vs Washington. Dallas would probably sweep the three of them

They've been struggling bc Gasol is out, and he's due back this week. Without him or Bynum, they're the same crap-ass team they've been since Shaq left. Pity we couldn't get them when they were shorthanded.

clambake
04-01-2008, 10:33 AM
They've been struggling bc Gasol is out, and he's due back this week. Without him or Bynum, they're the same crap-ass team they've been since Shaq left. Pity we couldn't get them when they were shorthanded.
not to mention that beating the mavs is one of kobe's pet projects.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Pity we couldn't get them when they were shorthanded.
:lol

clambake
04-01-2008, 10:55 AM
dirk or not, recent history suggests the mavs will lose 5 of 8.

JamStone
04-01-2008, 10:58 AM
At least the Mavs are awesome against shitty teams

san antonio spurs
04-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm glad to see mavs fans interested in their team's upcoming games and not crying or scouting the NCAA