PDA

View Full Version : Best April Fools pranks?

CosmicCowboy
04-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Share yours...

The best one I ever pulled was lottery related. I was an investor in a company that had several office/clerical females working in it. It was a very fun/freewheeling office environment...They all pitched in to a fund (kept by one of the ladies) that bought 1 lottery ticket every Wednesday and Saturday with the agreement that they would split the winnings...she always kept "the" ticket in her top desk drawer and checked it the day after the drawing...it was her ritual to stop on the way to work and get the winning numbers...

It just worked out that April 1st was the day after the drawing for one of those huge hundred million + lottos...I got the winning numbers off the TV and went and bought a lottery ticket with the same numbers...then switched the ticket in her desk drawer before she got to work...

It was quite exciting there for a few minutes LOL

E20
04-01-2008, 09:38 AM
What a conicndence it's the Mega Millions jackpot today at 135 million. But if that happend to me, I'd be pretty fucking pissed.

E20
04-01-2008, 09:38 AM
My best prank was the one when I shit on somebody and when they asked me why I said APRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo before I could finish fools I was punched.

Pistons_In_7
04-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I already posted mine this morning and got banned for it.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 09:39 AM
one time I told my brother that his pet rabbit got run over and killed. he cried. then I told him it was an April Fool's prank, and that his rabbit didn't get run over, I strangled it to death.

Pistons_In_7
04-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Now that is harsh, i wonder why you're not banned....

CuckingFunt
04-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I've always thought that April Fools Day/pranks were lame and somewhat mean spirited, so I don't participate.

ATRAIN
04-01-2008, 10:04 AM
I got pranked on by my stupid co worker, I lent him my car so he could run to the store and he called me saying he got in a wreck........I was about ready to kill him. Im still not laughing.

AlamoSpursFan
04-01-2008, 12:59 PM
A few years ago, Dudley and Bob announced on the show that the Space Shuttle (I think it was the Atlantis...which was actually scheduled to land that day in Florida) had an emergency and had to land at an airfield in Pflugerville. They did a remote at the airfield (which is large enough to land the average Cessna), and had the assistance of the dude at NASA that announces the landings. People actually showed up at the airfield, and several people called Austin TV stations wondering if the shuttle actually landed there.

It was pure radio gold. Some people are freaking gullible as hell.

AlamoSpursFan
04-01-2008, 01:01 PM
They also announced one year that Metallica had been killed in a plane crash. That one pissed a lot of people off.

:lol

SAGambler
04-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I've always thought that April Fools Day/pranks were lame and somewhat mean spirited, so I don't participate.

Not to mention, many times can cause some hard feeling for weeks or months to come. I just leave that kind of stuff to the more juvenile that dwell among us.

AZLouis
04-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I got my pranked my boss.

I had some problems with a furniture company that I purchased a bedroom set from. The entire order did not come in and the owner told me that it would be on the next truck (the following week).

The next day a story came out on Phoenix news that she was taking money customers had given her for furniture and shopping with it. She was literally a shopaholic. The day after that I went to the store and there was an out of business sign on it.

I called and got a this line has been disconnected recording.

Anyway, on April 1st (about a month after this happened) I called out of work. My boss had her roommate call me and leave a message on my machine pretending to be the owner of Arizona Beds Direct and that she was filing bankruptcy and that she would be at the corner of Rural and Apache with my stuff if I wanted to meet her. I was to look for a white van with a wizard mural on the door.

There was a pool hall across the street from the meeting spot and I went there and waited for hours.

When I returned to work she asked me how I the day before was. I told her about this story and she just started laughing her ass off and told me what she did.

Now every time I see those annoying Alltel commercials with the white van and wizard mural I think about this prank.

Xylus
04-01-2008, 01:49 PM
one time I told my brother that his pet rabbit got run over and killed. he cried. then I told him it was an April Fool's prank, and that his rabbit didn't get run over, I strangled it to death.

Thunder Dan
04-01-2008, 01:58 PM
When I was in college and lived in an apartment complex, I made up some fake letterhead from my management company and wrote an eviction notice for the girls in the apartment below me. I had the wording perfect and all the applicable laws were perfect as well. I put the attorney to which to call at the bottom, Arthur S. Lange (Artie from Howard Stern) and had my phone number under it.

It worked perfect because I had just met those girls the week before so they had no clue. They asked all of their friends and obviously they didn't have anything to do with it so it made it really seem real. The only problem was that I wrote that they were being evicted for 'excessive delinquent checks' so the one girl had her dad call me (me being the attorney). I picked up to run with it a bit, but when I heard an older man I freaked out. I tried to get him to go in on it, but he said his daughter's roommate was close to tears, but he had a good sense of humor about it.

Slomo
04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I received this one today. I though it was funny:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/betamaxhd.html?cpg=70H

florige
04-01-2008, 03:52 PM
I got pranked on by my stupid co worker, I lent him my car so he could run to the store and he called me saying he got in a wreck........I was about ready to kill him. Im still not laughing.

I know I would had been pissed beyond comparison if someone crashed my car.

spursfan09
04-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Last April fool's my boyfriend and I told his parents I was pregnant. This April fools I was at the doctor getting an ultra sound. Ironic huh?

LuvBones
04-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Last April fool's my boyfriend and I told his parents I was pregnant. This April fools I was at the doctor getting an ultra sound. Ironic huh?:lol congrats! I think that happened with my sis too... one year she fooled my dad saying she was pregnant, and by the next year she was. I know I won't be using that trick! :lol

Mark in Austin
04-01-2008, 08:14 PM
I received this one today. I though it was funny:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/betamaxhd.html?cpg=70H

How lame - HD DVD is already dead... now if they had played up Beta to Blu Ray - especially the Sony angle with them winning the format war this time - that would have been priceless. And a little more believeable.

spursfan09
04-01-2008, 09:11 PM
:lol congrats! I think that happened with my sis too... one year she fooled my dad saying she was pregnant, and by the next year she was. I know I won't be using that trick! :lol

:lol don't if you are not ready for kids. obviously you will jinx yourself. Nah, but I'm happy so thanks!

ChuckD
04-01-2008, 09:58 PM
A few years ago, Dudley and Bob announced on the show that the Space Shuttle (I think it was the Atlantis...which was actually scheduled to land that day in Florida) had an emergency and had to land at an airfield in Pflugerville. They did a remote at the airfield (which is large enough to land the average Cessna), and had the assistance of the dude at NASA that announces the landings. People actually showed up at the airfield, and several people called Austin TV stations wondering if the shuttle actually landed there.

It was pure radio gold. Some people are freaking gullible as hell.
Now see, THAT'S fucking funny. The best kind of AF pranks are when you come up with something completely ridiculous, unbelievable, and harmless, and the fools still fall for it.

Pflugerville. Sheesh.

Leetonidas
04-01-2008, 10:03 PM
My best prank was the one when I shit on somebody and when they asked me why I said APRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo before I could finish fools I was punched.
That's like the funniest thing I've ever read.