PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica - No Spoilers Please

Xylus
04-01-2008, 03:38 PM
AKA, the best show on television.

Does anyone know where I can watch Season 3 online for free? Sci-Fi has the last 5 episodes online, but I'm about 10 episodes behind at the moment.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Bruce Willis is a ghost.

Trainwreck2100
04-01-2008, 03:41 PM
The killer is his sisters boyfriend who is his brother

thispego
04-01-2008, 03:42 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, battlestar galactica :lmao :lmao

i'd rather watch a straight season of 24 with no commerical breaks than one episode of that garbage.

Xylus
04-01-2008, 03:48 PM

i'd rather watch a straight season of 24 with no commerical breaks than one episode of that garbage.
That's because guns and explosions excite you.

Exhibit A: 24 settles for accepting torture as a necessary way to get information out of prisoners. Battlestar Galactica deals with the emotional fallout of torture, the effect it has on its characters, in what cases might it be useful, etc.

24 has the brawn, but BSG has the brains.

Trainwreck2100
04-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Jack Bauer has a minute to get his info, torture is necessary.

thispego
04-01-2008, 03:55 PM
That's because guns and explosions excite you.

Exhibit A: 24 settles for accepting torture as a necessary way to get information out of prisoners. Battlestar Galactica deals with the emotional fallout of torture, the effect it has on its characters, in what cases might it be useful, etc.

24 has the brawn, but BSG has the brains.
my point is that both suck major shit just BSG sucks more of it. of course... I have never watched either so my opinion on the matter means dick. but still... you can tell alot from show previews. I just get a good hearty laugh at people who watch crap like that.

monosylab1k
04-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Jack Bauer has a minute to get his info, torture is necessary.
Yeah but how does he travel all the way across Los Angeles in one commercial break?

Trainwreck2100
04-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah but how does he travel all the way across Los Angeles in one commercial break?
he's jack bauer

CuckingFunt
04-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah but how does he travel all the way across Los Angeles in one commercial break?I'd be moving fast, too, if I had to go 24 hours without a potty break.

Brutalis
04-01-2008, 05:11 PM
It's still on TV? WTF!

BSG, umm and that other one where the big black dude has the gold writing on his forehead... WTF is that!

Wild Cobra
04-01-2008, 07:00 PM

Does anyone know where I can watch Season 3 online for free? Sci-Fi has the last 5 episodes online, but I'm about 10 episodes behind at the moment.
Just buy the DVD box set. I'm 4 disks (of 6) into it myself. One of the episodes so far has a "directors cut" with an additional 25 minutes!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Gotta love those sci-fi haters, they really know what they are talking about! :rolleyes

Xylus, take a look in your PMs.

leemajors
04-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Mercy Point was the greatest sci-fi show ever.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-02-2008, 08:43 AM
I've tried to get into this show but everytime i flip it in they are in the command room just talking. That's all I ever see happening.

katyon6th
04-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-02-2008, 11:39 AM
I found the original BSG to be pretty cool, especially the shiny Cylon uniforms, it was a trip. Great stuff to watch when you're home from school for the summer right after wake and bake.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 11:48 AM
I thought this show died in the 70s.

monosylab1k
04-02-2008, 11:50 AM
was the original BSG the one with the Team America puppets? No that was Thunderbirds. I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. Mods please delete this post.

Findog
04-02-2008, 11:53 AM

24 is awful. The new BS is awesome.

Findog
04-02-2008, 11:53 AM

try surfthechannel.com

thispego
04-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Gotta love those sci-fi haters, they really know what they are talking about! :rolleyes

Xylus, take a look in your PMs.
RuffnReadyOzStyle loves sci-fi who would have thought? :rolleyes

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Mercy Point was the greatest sci-fi show ever.

Bullshit.

Firefly was the greatest sci-fi show ever.

Ever.

Xylus
04-02-2008, 12:43 PM
There was the original Battlestar Galactica that debuted in the 1970's. I'm talking about the re-imagined version, the modern day BSG that just finished its 3rd season. I could tell you all why I think BSG is the greatest show on TV, but I don't think you'd take me seriously, since you all have pre-conceived notions about the show's content. So I'll let the critics do it for me:

The miniseries and the subsequent weekly TV program have received critical acclaim. Many regard the new BSG to be superior to the original -- Time magazine declared in the spring of 2005 that the new show was one of the six best drama programs on television. It would proclaim the program the best show on television in December of the same year.[4] The American Film Institute named the show to its list of the ten best shows on television. Other mainstream publications such as the Chicago Tribune, Rolling Stone magazine, and Newsday also named the series one of the best on television for 2005. In 2006, the series won a prestigious Peabody Award in recognition of its creative excellence.

One of TV’s boldest and best dramas.

This is a show about religion, politics, parent-child relationships, and the moral dilemmas of insurgency. Consider it a workplace drama where the business is armed resistance.

One of TV's most invigorating and intellectually stimulating series.... provocative television that transcends its genre.

"Galactica" is so beautifully designed, shot, edited and acted that you can practically smell and taste its emotional validity.

Any show that can accommodate decadent cruelty, tragic bravery, and political divisiveness is one you ought to be watching, frakkin' spaceships or not.

The uninitiated may continue to write off "Battlestar Galactica" as the remake of a mediocre show, or as the domain of science fiction fans alone, but those who've watched the show more than once or twice know better.

It boldly goes where no man has gone before.

“Battlestar Galactica,” refreshingly, is as real as science fiction gets

Let's hope that Battlestar Galactica Season 2.0 is the first of many additional seasons of TV's best new sci-fi show.

A high-minded war turns into a brutal quagmire. Terrorist sleepers turn the public paranoid. And the victims of an attack find themselves sacrificing liberty to defend it. Sound like any planet you know? The topical parallels became deeper and more chilling in Seasons 2 and 3 of this thinking viewer's space opera.

It's disappointing that most of you write this show off as a run-of-the-mill sci-fi adventure, when it's more of a politically-charged military drama with a sci-fi facade. You guys are missing out, seriously.

samikeyp
04-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I found the original BSG to be pretty cool, especially the shiny Cylon uniforms, it was a trip. Great stuff to watch when you're home from school for the summer right after wake and bake.

I am a huge fan of the original as well as the new one. Apparently there is a belief that if you like one, you can't like the other. I don't buy that.

Spurminator
04-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I downloaded season 1 and I'm looking forward to watching it.

Xylus
04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
I downloaded season 1 and I'm looking forward to watching it.
:clap

Make sure you download and watch first the miniseries that precedes the 1st season, or the first few episodes of the season won't make much sense.

FromWayDowntown
04-02-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm a fan, too. I don't understand why people who don't like something can't just move along and, instead, feel obligated to add snarky comments, but I suppose that's just the way of a message board.

I'm looking forward to Season 4's start this Friday.

Xylus
04-02-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm a fan, too. I don't understand why people who don't like something can't just move along and, instead, feel obligated to add snarky comments, but I suppose that's just the way of a message board.

I'm looking forward to Season 4's start this Friday.
It'd be fine if they'd made snarky comments after watching the show and deciding they didn't like it, but I get the impression that most of those who criticize BSG have never seen more than a couple minutes.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 01:11 PM
It's disappointing that most of you write this show off as a run-of-the-mill sci-fi adventure, when it's more of a politically-charged military drama with a sci-fi facade. You guys are missing out, seriously.

It makes perfect sense, since our government owns warcraft in space that can travel at the speed of sound to protect us from artificial intelligence that has become smarter and stronger than the human race.

Do they have a George W. Bush character in the show?
That would be sweet.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 01:12 PM
It'd be fine if they'd made snarky comments after watching the show and deciding they didn't like it, but I get the impression that most of those who criticize BSG have never seen more than a couple minutes.

Frack!!!

I'll have to watch some BSG.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I still say that Firefly was the best fracking show on T.V.

Frack everyone who hasn't seen it.

Xylus
04-02-2008, 01:15 PM
It makes perfect sense, since our government owns warcraft in space that can travel at the speed of sound to protect us from artificial intelligence that has become smarter and stronger than the human race.
I'm not sure what your point is, but yeah! :tu

And Firefly is a good show. Joss Whedon's a fucking genius.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
And Firefly is a good show.

It's not a good show.

It's the greatest sci-fi show ever.

Ever.

Xylus
04-02-2008, 01:21 PM
It's not a good show.

It's the greatest sci-fi show ever.

Ever.
Fuck you, buddy. :toast Firefly is BSG's bitch.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Fuck you, buddy. :toast Firefly is BSG's bitch.

If you rate BSG because of political, social, moral, and ethical issues . . . then Firefly (and Serenity) have that and more.

BSG could never reach the greatness that is Whedon's world in Firefly & Serenity.

samikeyp
04-02-2008, 01:25 PM
fuck all a ya'll!

The 70's Buck Rogers owns all!!

http://crazyabouttv.com/Images/buckrogers.jpg

:lol

Ok not really but Erin Gray in those spandex jumpsuits...yum. :)

shinerdrinker
04-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Biddie Biddie Biddie

Spurminator
04-02-2008, 01:31 PM
:clap

Make sure you download and watch first the miniseries that precedes the 1st season, or the first few episodes of the season won't make much sense.

I hadn't thought to do that, thanks.

Cry Havoc
04-02-2008, 01:33 PM

+1! I love BSG. Could you forward me the PM that you were sent? I haven't seen any of season three, to my knowledge. =\

Xylus
04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
+1! I love BSG. Could you forward me the PM that you were sent? I haven't seen any of season three, to my knowledge. =\
PM forwarded.

Cry Havoc
04-02-2008, 01:48 PM
PM forwarded.

Thanks. I'm at work too. I'll let you know. =)

FromWayDowntown
04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
I think hulu.com has a few of the episodes from season 3.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Firefly had that sumptuous lil vixen that plays Cameron on Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, rigiht?

peewee's lovechild
04-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Firefly had that sumptuous lil vixen that plays Cameron on Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, rigiht?

Yes.

That would be Summer Glau and she's actually a San Antonio native.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I dunno about ya'll, but I'd fuck a Glaubot.

RandomGuy
04-04-2008, 08:19 AM

Translation:

"I've never watched the show, and have no idea whether it is any good or not."

Starbuck
01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Frak.... you civilians from the 13th colony are soooo annoying.

AlamoSpursFan
01-05-2009, 03:45 PM
I just don't understand the need to "reimagine" the original series.

Why not just have a new freaking show and come up with a new name?

I probably would have watched the new one if they called it "Battlestar Anything Else" and given the characters original names. Since I grew up with and loved the original, I have no use for the new shit. And no, I've never seen more than a commercial for it.

IronMaxipad
03-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Major bump..

I just finished the final season and was a little disappointed with the ending but overall it was a Frak'n bad ass show.

Btw any of you watching Caprica?

Bender
03-16-2010, 03:19 AM
I watched the entire series of BSG on dvd from netflix over a period of several months. Great stuff. Have not watched Caprica though.

Also watched all of Firefly/Serenity from netflix. Also great.

monosylab1k
03-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah I initially scoffed Battlestar Galactica harder than the mookie crew scoffs eminem, but then I watched an episode, liked it, and wound up watching the whole series. Damn good stuff, sir.

I've tried watching Caprica, I hear that it's good, but I just can't get into it. Not sure why.

Spurminator
03-16-2010, 01:00 PM
I made it about midway through season 2 but I just lost interest.

IronMaxipad
03-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Yeah I initially scoffed Battlestar Galactica harder than the mookie crew scoffs eminem, but then I watched an episode, liked it, and wound up watching the whole series. Damn good stuff, sir.

I've tried watching Caprica, I hear that it's good, but I just can't get into it. Not sure why.
:toast

Yeah, I heard Caprica is good. I didn't really like the pilot but i hear it gets better. I'm going to give it another watch. I think it's on hulu, gonna check it out.

Xylus
03-16-2010, 07:09 PM
I've watched every episode of Caprica so far. It has its moments, but it really hasn't captured me the way BSG did. The only reason I'm still watching it is because it's BSG related.

I'll probably watch the entire 1st season, and if it hasn't shown me anything great by the finale, I'll give up on it.

Dinamita
03-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Wrong thread

IronMaxipad
03-29-2010, 11:58 PM
So I'm all caught up on Caprica and i have to say this show is fuckin good. It started off kinda of slow but it really started to hit it's stride and it has me hooked now. If you enjoyed BSG def. check this out asap.

LnGrrrR
03-30-2010, 03:47 AM
I'd be moving fast, too, if I had to go 24 hours without a potty break.

Or eating, sleeping... ya know, I think it's pretty clear that Jack Bauer is actually a cyborg/robot.

LnGrrrR
03-30-2010, 03:48 AM
I made it about midway through season 2 but I just lost interest.

Are you talking about Heroes? :lol

Spurminator
03-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Are you talking about Heroes? :lol

I didn't even make it that far with Heroes... I watched all of season 1 just to see it through, but even then I knew it was a pretty dumb show. It had just enough to keep me hooked though.

LnGrrrR
03-30-2010, 10:59 AM
I didn't even make it that far with Heroes... I watched all of season 1 just to see it through, but even then I knew it was a pretty dumb show. It had just enough to keep me hooked though.

Same here. I've been reading comics of all sorts since I was kid, and was really digging the first few episodes. (Except for Ali Larter; she could go jump off a bridge for all I cared.)

I kept waiting for them to do something 'comic booky' though, and never got it. No outfits, no teams, no secret hideouts, etc etc. The coincidental meetings of the characters aped Lost far too blatantly, and the powers of the characters weren't well thought out.

(Sylar stealing powers = Ok... why? Because a bad guy is supposed to be big and badass... but then you give a good guy nearly the same power? Blah.)

My favorite character by far was Hiro. He was the only one that seemed to enjoy his power.

It was basically a poor man's version of Rising Star (before Rising Star completely fell off the ledge as well.)

MannyIsGod
10-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Just starting season four as I type this. Love this series. The ability of it to have some great sequences is pretty damn good. It does get cheesy at times but they way they suck you in in certain scenes is really good.

TDMVPDPOY
10-19-2010, 02:05 AM
is this better then atlantis? stargate? sliders or even everquest or waterquest from the 90s?

Wild Cobra
10-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Just starting season four as I type this. Love this series. The ability of it to have some great sequences is pretty damn good. It does get cheesy at times but they way they suck you in in certain scenes is really good.
The ending is kinda a surprise if you hadn't seen it before. I have it all on DVD. At first, when they found Earth earlier, I was a bit pissed at the rewrite from the 70's series. However, I like how they ended the series.

Wild Cobra
10-20-2010, 05:48 PM
is this better then atlantis? stargate? sliders or even everquest or waterquest from the 90s?
In some way it's way better. Others, lacking. just depends on what you like. It is probably the best combination of drama and sci fi ever. It gets pretty intense at times.

Watch the miniseries first, and see if you like the nuances. The first season has a few slow moment, but has far more good ones.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-27-2012, 01:16 AM
Holy
Flipping
Crap

Three more episodes to go

One of the greatest shows I've ever seen

Cant_Be_Faded
07-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Holy
Flipping
Crap

Three more episodes to go

MannyIsGod
07-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Damn you're slow.

jeebus
07-27-2012, 09:52 AM

It is. Unfortunately it is a scifi show so it never had a chance in greatest show ever category. Shame most people won't give it a chance; I had to force people to give it a shot and watch it. They always end up loving it.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-31-2012, 12:06 AM
Ah
Was an alright ending. I kind of knew they wouldn't wrap up everything perfectly.
My only question is...how did the rest of the fleet know Starbucks coordinates to end up at new earth?

Xevious
07-31-2012, 12:48 AM
I assume they sent somebody back in a raptor to pick them up.

As for my thoughts on the show... I was hooked the first 2-3 seasons, then I slowly started to lose interest about the time they revealed the final five and Starbuck got all weird.

I couldn't get into Caprica, probably for the best since it only lasted 20 episodes or so.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2012, 02:54 AM
Ah
Was an alright ending. I kind of knew they wouldn't wrap up everything perfectly.
My only question is...how did the rest of the fleet know Starbucks coordinates to end up at new earth?
What other options did they have?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Well the rest of the fleet was going to the rendezvous point
The battlestar's FTL had lost the rendezvous coordinates during the final attack
So Starbuck punches in numbers corresponding to the crazy song, and ends up taking them to new earth. But how did the rest of the fleet end up there? They would have jumped to the rendezvous point that was lost to the BSG