PDA

View Full Version : Rashophobia

lotr1trekkie
01-14-2005, 02:22 PM
undefinedundefined
I know Rasho isn't everything everyone wants in a center If I were POP I'd order Rasho to attempt 2 dunks a game or do a 100 laps in practice]. BUT HE FITS INTO THE SPURS SYSTEM ON THE COURT AND IN THE LOCKEROOM. He blocks shots, challenges drivers and is unselfish offensively[to put it mildly]. The offensive development of Parker, Manu and Bruce plus the addition of Beno and Brent means that Rasho really doesn't need to score to be valuable. Even Tim score as much this year. The addition of another center that wants "his" shots would only disturb the teams chemistry. And Beno would miss him.

There are so many teams looking for help and so many disgruntled stars in the league this year I wouldn't be surprised to see Malik involved in one of those crazy 3 or 4 way deals like when we got Turkulu.

Useruser666
01-14-2005, 02:29 PM
When he is pretty open under the basket with the ball in his hands should he not be able to score?

Solid D
01-14-2005, 02:39 PM
It's like Rasho has one of those "Shock Collars" on and every time he goes to the cup...Bzzzzzzzt!

lotr1trekkie
01-14-2005, 02:49 PM
[B]I agree totally! When he gets the ball underneath the hoop and doesn't TRY to dunk it it makes me crazy. But like POP says "he is what he is". The only name that comes immediately to mind that would be a perfect fit for the Spurs is Brad Miller.

SLOVENIAN 8
01-14-2005, 02:53 PM
[B]I agree totally! When he gets the ball underneath the hoop and doesn't TRY to dunk it it makes me crazy. But like POP says "he is what he is". The only name that comes immediately to mind that would be a perfect fit for the Spurs is Brad Miller.

If you want center who dunk, sign Brezec.

Useruser666
01-14-2005, 02:53 PM
You need to put the end formating string at the ends of your posts. :lol

I think that's why you're getting all those undefined things.

But Rasho needs to be able to finish the easy ones. Defnse or not, he will not be on the floor if he can't make a layup.

CHAMPS AGAIN
01-14-2005, 03:34 PM
DAVID use to do same thing,try to lay it up instead of dunking.DAVID use to have games like RASHO the last 2 or 3 years before he retired.Alot of people wanted him to retire alot sooner.There will be another great player like the big FIVE-0

SpursWoman
01-14-2005, 03:35 PM
David was 10 years older and had a bad back in his last 2 or 3 years. What's Rasho's excuse?

Solid D
01-14-2005, 03:37 PM
David was 10 years older and had a bad back in his last 2 or 3 years. What's Rasho's excuse?

Maybe Rasho's in his last 2 or 3 years. :smokin

Solid D
01-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Has anyone seen Nenad Krstic play? He's got some good skills, he's young, and he can dunk with authority, & he's really bulked up but...

does he ever look slow running up-court? He makes Rasho look like a sprinter. Spurs fans really were spoiled with David playing in the pivot.

Useruser666
01-14-2005, 03:48 PM
DAVID use to do same thing,try to lay it up instead of dunking.DAVID use to have games like RASHO the last 2 or 3 years before he retired.Alot of people wanted him to retire alot sooner.There will be another great player like the big FIVE-0

Robinson was a much beter defender even when he was hurt than Rasho. Go look at David when he was the same age as Rasho and see how many two handed rim rattlers he had. I wasn't even comparing the two anyway.

Solid D
01-14-2005, 03:57 PM
True, Useruser - No comparison.

As Spurs fans, we've got to guard against becoming "Stuck-in-the-80's Guy". (see Napoleon Dynamite). We'll just have to count our blessings as fans and enjoy the high level of play as a TEAM... and hope that T-Mass can play more minutes and light a fire into Big Rasho. Lately, Rasho has been looking like he's trying to jump wearing flip-flops.

conversekid
01-14-2005, 04:01 PM
david went his whole career with me yelling at the TV.. DUNK THE BALL!!!!!

rasho inherited dave's unwilling to dunk rather lay it in mentallity..

Useruser666
01-14-2005, 04:04 PM
david went his whole career with me yelling at the TV.. DUNK THE BALL!!!!!

rasho inherited dave's unwilling to dunk rather lay it in mentallity..

WTF is going on here? Did anyone other than me remember David Robinson's two handed jams from all angles? His reverse dunks? I thought that was one of his trademark moves? He did lay it up a lot, but he was not even close to being timid about throwing it down.

T Park
01-14-2005, 04:09 PM
the hell he wasnt.

David was notorious for not dunking.

You saw highlights, but David use to lay it up when he shouldve dunked all the time.

Whats Rasho's excuse SW? Hes not as good a player, but once again, peeps, no one was gonna replace the guy perfectly.

SpursWoman
01-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Whats Rasho's excuse SW? Hes not as good a player, but once again, peeps, no one was gonna replace the guy perfectly.

It didn't sound like he(she?) understood that. :)

Useruser666
01-14-2005, 04:14 PM
the hell he wasnt.

David was notorious for not dunking.

You saw highlights, but David use to lay it up when he shouldve dunked all the time.

CHAMPS AGAIN DAVID use to do same thing,try to lay it up instead of dunking.DAVID use to have games like RASHO the last 2 or 3 years before he retired.Alot of people wanted him to retire alot sooner.There will be another great player like the big FIVE-0

Tpark, this guy brought up David Robinson not SW. I don't think anyone in any of these recent threads has made that comparrison. It's not a good one to make.

I didn't just see highlights. I went to games in Davids prime too. I watched almost everyone that was on tv. David dunked a hell of a lot. Very comparible to Duncan in quantity or maybe percentage. How many alley-oops did Robinson get? Seemed more than Duncan does now.

grjr
01-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Didn't think I'd say this but I agree with TPark completely. I also used to yell at the tv when David would miss a layup rather than dunk the ball. And I'd say I yelled a lot over the years too.

Why is it that some big men do this? Are they afraid of landing on someone's foot and twisting their ankle? Seriously, why is this?

jr

Spurminator
01-14-2005, 06:21 PM
There were times when David laid a soft shot towards the rim when he should have dunked it. A lot of that could be explained by his back. Yet still, most of the time, he dunked it if the dunk was available.

When Rasho dunks, it's a national holiday.

samikeyp
01-14-2005, 06:25 PM

should have? why? is a dunk worth more? David made a lot of lay ups but the key word is..made. I could live with Rasho No-dunk-avic but stop blowing the bunnies.

ALVAREZ6
01-14-2005, 06:30 PM
is a dunk worth more? David made a lot of lay ups but the key word is..made. .

Dunks bring more energy in general.

The more you dunk, the louder the fans get, the more energy to feed off of.

samikeyp
01-14-2005, 06:40 PM
I agree but its not a matter of should have or not. you don't get points for energy, you get points for putting the ball in the basket. You score points, you win ball games and that is what gets the fans the most excited. I can only speak for Spurs games because those are the only games I have been too but whenever a Spurs player scores...no matter who it is or how it is...Spurs fans love it.