PDA

View Full Version : Pau back, Bynum next week and top 10 players under 23

Allanon
04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Taken from the LA Times

Pau Gasol
"In a nutshell, Pau Gasol participated during all of today's practice and assuming there's no negative reaction as a result of said participation, he should be on the court tomorrow against the Blazers. His actual PT is still up in the air, but that would indeed be a step forward. "

Bynumite
And while Andrew Bynum didn't take part in the practice proceedings, he did run the court today, supporting his body weight in its entirety (as opposed to work on the Lakers' futuristic, space age treadmill, which takes up some of the pressure for him). Obviously, he won't be suiting up tomorrow, but Drew will head out on the road with the team on Saturday, meaning there are hopes alive for action either Sunday in Sacto or a week from today in Portland.

And in related news, Top 10 Best Players under 23:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=Under23-Intro

1. Lebron aka King James
2. Superman aka DHo
3. CP3
4. D-Will
5. Crymelo aka Carmela

You know you've made it in the NBA when you only use your first name or you have a nickname :D

6. Kevin Durant
7. Greg Oden
8. Andrew Bynum
9. Brandon Roy
10. Monta Ellis

Read the article for more info on the stats,etc.

Phil Hellmuth
04-01-2008, 06:19 PM
It seems that Lebron is 25 , but he is still damn young and the same age as me , crazy...

LakerMagic
04-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Taken from the LA Times

Pau Gasol
"In a nutshell, Pau Gasol participated during all of today's practice and assuming there's no negative reaction as a result of said participation, he should be on the court tomorrow against the Blazers. His actual PT is still up in the air, but that would indeed be a step forward. "

Bynumite
And while Andrew Bynum didn't take part in the practice proceedings, he did run the court today, supporting his body weight in its entirety (as opposed to work on the Lakers' futuristic, space age treadmill, which takes up some of the pressure for him). Obviously, he won't be suiting up tomorrow, but Drew will head out on the road with the team on Saturday, meaning there are hopes alive for action either Sunday in Sacto or a week from today in Portland.

And in related news, Top 10 Best Players under 23:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=Under23-Intro

1. Lebron aka King James
2. Superman aka DHo
3. CP3
4. D-Will
5. Crymelo aka Carmela

You know you've made it in the NBA when you only use your first name or you have a nickname :D

6. Kevin Durant
7. Greg Oden
8. Andrew Bynum
9. Brandon Roy
10. Monta Ellis

Read the article for more info on the stats,etc.

Nice! Can't wait for April 13th! :hungry:

DazedAndConfused
04-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm keeping my expectations low. I don't expect Bynum to be a significant contributor until at least the 2nd round, assuming we make it there. Thank God this team is good enough to get there with just Pau.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-01-2008, 07:27 PM
April Fools!

LakeShow
04-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Naw this is real,

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakerep2apr02,1,3888614,full.story

I sure like the playoff matchups as they are. Houston in the first round would give us some leadway in Bringing Bynum and Trevor in the mix, by the second round the lakers should have enough time to get in the swing of things.

I expect to see Bynum play on the upcoming road trip. If he will be practicing and working out with the team, he'll play!

Gino
04-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm keeping my expectations low. I don't expect Bynum to be a significant contributor until at least the 2nd round, assuming we make it there. Thank God this team is good enough to get there with just Pau.

That seems reasonable.

dirk4mvp
04-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Greg Oden hasn't scored 1 point in the nba but is ahead of Ellis, Roy, and Bynum?

dirk4mvp
04-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Or maybe their going by that pickup game he played in that he wasn't supposed to be in?

DazedAndConfused
04-02-2008, 03:49 PM
The Laker team with a healthy Gasol and no Bynum is still good enough to beat any of the bottom 4 WC teams (DEN, GSW, HOU, DAL). It is important they win the division and get a top 1-3 seed so that Bynum can be ready for the 2nd round and beyond where we will really need him.

PHX, SAS, UTA, and NOH are all teams I wouldn't want to face without Bynum.

manufor3
04-02-2008, 05:32 PM
wtf we dont even know how good oden will be

nickdakoolkat
04-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Exactly, Oden has never even played against NBA competiton...and if his past shows us anything its that he is as brittle as a butterfinger.

Allanon
04-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Oden's teammate, LaMarcus Aldridge should be on that list instead of Oden. I'm telling you all right now...barring any major injuries, Aldridge is going to be an absolute star player...maybe even better than Oden.

I don't know who's going down next year but one of the top 9 teams this year will have to go down to make room for the Blazers in the Playoffs next year.

Blazers are like a supersized version of the Hornets.

BonnerDynasty
04-02-2008, 10:26 PM
The Laker team with a healthy Gasol and no Bynum is still good enough to beat any of the bottom 4 WC teams (DEN, GSW, HOU, DAL). It is important they win the division and get a top 1-3 seed so that Bynum can be ready for the 2nd round and beyond where we will really need him.

PHX, SAS, UTA, and NOH are all teams I wouldn't want to face without Bynum.

Which is why the Spurs should have kept tanking games to get LAL in the first round :dramaquee :depressed