PDA

View Full Version : Pedro Hurt Hammie - Mets In Big Fucking Trouble

ClingingMars
04-01-2008, 07:39 PM
SHITSHITSHITFUCKFUCK

-Mars

sribb43
04-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I was watching the game and the Mets announcers sounded like the season had just been lost

midgetonadonkey
04-02-2008, 12:09 PM
He gets hurt every season. Mets fans should've been expecting this.

monosylab1k
04-02-2008, 01:06 PM
this thread might as well have been called "the sun came up today".

T Park
04-02-2008, 07:59 PM
coughsteroidscough

Vinnie_Johnson
04-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Big blow they lose their 4th best pitcher for 6 weeks.

Santana
Maine
Perez
Pedro

timvp
04-03-2008, 03:59 AM
coughsteroidscoughSteroids? He weighed like 110 pounds during the steroid era.

He's fine. He's just taking an early season siesta.

whottt
04-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Steroids? He weighed like 110 pounds during the steroid era.

So did Palmeiro, he was the same size the day he retired as he was the day he came into the league...and Palmeiro was never on the DL a single time in his entire career...in fact I think he holds the record for most seasons of playing in at least 150 games.

Budkin
04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Eh, we always do fine without Pedro. Now if it was Santana then we would be done.

timvp
04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
So did Palmeiro, he was the same size the day he retired as he was the day he came into the leagueStill trying to hold onto the "Palmeiro was innocent" take, I see. :rolleyes

Playa got twice the size from his younger days to his steroid days:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2005-06/18124597.jpg
Young Palmeiro

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2005/08/raffyandsosasmiling.jpg
Steroid Palmeiro

...and Palmeiro was never on the DL a single time in his entire career...in fact I think he holds the record for most seasons of playing in at least 150 games.Palmeiro's career never happened. He's the most tainted of all the steroid users. He's now a joke and the poster boy for the era that baseball will try to forget. He'll never make the Hall of Fame. 3000 hits, 500 homeruns ... all for nothing.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2006-06/18760993.jpg If the dumb ass would have retired after lying in front of congress, most people would have believed him ... especially you.

T Park
04-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Steroids? He weighed like 110 pounds during the steroid era.

He's fine. He's just taking an early season siesta.

pitchers didn't take steroids for bulk.

They took it so they can come back quicker from between starts, and it helped with their flexibility as well.

TheTruth
04-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Has Pedro ever been linked to Steroids? Or do we just throw the Roid accusation at every great pitcher over that past 15 years?

The dude is 5'10". Of course he's gonna break down later in his career.

timvp
04-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Martinez proud of domination during steroid era

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Pedro Martinez knows his place in the Steroids Era.

"I dominated that era and I did it clean," he said. "I can stand by my numbers and I can be proud of them."

No longer the No. 1 pitcher on his staff, Martinez reported to spring training Thursday with the New York Mets and soon was asked about baseball's doping scandal.

The three-time Cy Young Award winner said he hasn't paid much attention to the fallout from the Mitchell report, and he didn't watch Roger Clemens testify before Congress on Wednesday. But Martinez said he'll probably get caught up on his computer now that he's in camp.

Martinez did have some pointed words, however, for the reporter who once called him a prima donna.

"I have a small frame and when I hurt all I could do was take a couple of Aleve or Advil, a cup of coffee and a little mango and an egg -- and let it go!" he said.

Martinez's point: He wasn't going to try human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing substance. In fact, he would welcome a more stringent drug-testing program in baseball.

"I wish that they would check every day. That's how bad I want the game to be clean," said Martinez, who had his best years with Montreal and Boston from 1997-2003. "I would rather go home [than] taint the game."If Martinez were on roids, his career would be peaking right now. Steroid pitches magically peaked in their mid to late 30's. Martinez is 36 and his career is almost finished.

FromWayDowntown
04-03-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't buy Pedro on roids for one second.

Petey has been a complete bad-ass who's become injury prone as he's grown older. Stop the presses on that latter fact -- a little tiny guy who throws in the high 90's who can't stay healthy at 36? Imagine that!?!?

I'm just waiting for the suggestion that Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, and Jamie Moyer are the products of HGH.

whottt
04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
http://www.angelsintheworkshop.com/dr/flag.gif

whottt
04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Still trying to hold onto the "Palmeiro was innocent" take, I see. :rolleyes

Not really...although Tejada did get busted...and Palmeiro said it was one of Tejada's syringes...

How come you never mention that?

Playa got twice the size from his younger days to his steroid days:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2005-06/18124597.jpg
Young Palmeiro

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2005/08/raffyandsosasmiling.jpg
Steroid Palmeiro

Palmeiro's career never happened. He's the most tainted of all the steroid users. He's now a joke and the poster boy for the era that baseball will try to forget. He'll never make the Hall of Fame. 3000 hits, 500 homeruns ... all for nothing.

Eh...he would have gotten 3000 hits sooner if he hadn't turned into a power hitter...he was a legit 3000 hit guy, and probably would have hit a lot more doubles as well...and he hit a bunch.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2006-06/18760993.jpg If the dumb ass would have retired after lying in front of congress, most people would have believed him ... especially you.

I liked Palmeiro...but that's not why I thought he didn't do steroids, he doesn't fit the profile of a steroid user in any way shape or form...

He's not aggressive.
He's not big.
He never had any kind of injuries.

And his power increased correspondingly with his drop in BA and his decision to become a pull hitter.

And besides...Congress cleared him of lying before congress...so what you've got is Palmeiro saying it was due to Tejada's syringe, 2 years before Tejada was named in the Mitchell Report.

Is Palmeiro lying? Probably...can you prove it? No.

Is he going to make the HOF? Probably not...but that's because many people didn't think he was a HOF caliber player to begin with.

whottt
04-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh and BTW...

How does anyone know that guys like Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron didn't do steroids?

They've been around since the mid-50's...

These guys do not even get questioned...

It's like people think cheating didn't exist before 1998...

What about Cocaine and Speed?

You guys don't think fucking baseball players were doing that shit back in the sixties and seventies?

Well, it existed...in fact it was probably worse.

whottt
04-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Phil Neikro was busted on National Television cheating...

Gaylord Perry admits he cheated...he laughs about it.

Both are in the HOF.

Fucking lame...

timvp
04-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Not really...although Tejada did get busted...and Palmeiro said it was one of Tejada's syringes...

How come you never mention that? You sure pull the heritage card a lot, don't you? It's your new go-to move no matter what the subject matter when arguing against timvp. You defending that wrestler who killed his family? Pull the heritage card. You defending Steve Kerr? Pull the heritage card. You defending Palmeiro (who I told you took steroids from day 1)? Pull the heritage card.

Where was I supposed to mention Tejada? I had three sentences about Palmeiro. Unlike what you seem to try to say, the DR isn't responsible for your favorite wrestler and your favorite baseball player going down in flames. Neither one has valid excuses for what they did ... no matter how much you want to defend their actions.

And yes, a lot of DR baseball players were on the juice. Where have I ever denied that Tejada, Sosa, etc. were juiced? Baseball teams shipped steroids in by the truck load to their "baseball schools" in DR. I've already admitted all this. I don't claim an accident or a misunderstanding or whatever you claim for the wrestler and Palmeiro.

Eh...he would have gotten 3000 hits sooner if he hadn't turned into a power hitter...he was a legit 3000 hit guy, and probably would have hit a lot more doubles as well...and he hit a bunch. You don't know what Palmeiro would have done. Before he met Canseco, he had less than 1000 career hits. Besides, Palmeiro's hits per season barely dropped after meeting Canseco. Palmeiro's added power didn't take away from his batting average.

I liked Palmeiro...but that's not why I thought he didn't do steroids, he doesn't fit the profile of a steroid user in any way shape or form...You also didn't think that wrestler fit the profile of someone who took steroids :rolleyes

Palmeiro obviously fit the profile. His homeruns skyrocketed at the same time Canseco came on his team. Everyone knew Canseco was doing steroids all the way back to about 1987. Rangers fans back then even joked that they liked the Canseco trade because he'd be the team's new "trainer".

When Palmeiro went from a skinny doubles hitter to a thick homerun hitter, what the hell did you think was happening? That whole team was obviously on steroids. Juan Gonzalez, Dean Palmer, Pudge Rodriguez were obviously on steroids. Even Kevin Brown and Kenny Rogers were obviously juiced.

Only reason I don't list Nolan Ryan among this group is because I like Nolan Ryan. Otherwise a 46-year-old pitcher throwing heat and being as muscular as any pitcher in the league just doesn't pass the common sense test. But I'll keep his name out of the mix.

He's not aggressive.
He's not big.
He never had any kind of injuries. Aggressive? Exactly how was he supposed to be aggressive. He wasn't putting opponents in headlocks, I'll give you that.

And yeah, he was big. He got huge compared to the beanpole he was with the Cubs. Injuries? He was either a first baseman or DH who stopped running hard early in his career. He fits the profile of the least likely type of player to get hurt. If he was a shortstop or an outfielder, you'd have a point. But it doesn't take much to stay healthy being a DH who jogs around the bases once or twice a game.

And his power increased correspondingly with his drop in BA and his decision to become a pull hitter. ROFL. His power increased correspondingly to Canseco joining the team. His BA fluctuated between .270 and .320 before and after steroids. In fact, he had his best BA years after steroids.

And besides...Congress cleared him of lying before congress...so what you've got is Palmeiro saying it was due to Tejada's syringe, 2 years before Tejada was named in the Mitchell Report. Yeah, I'm sure Palmeiro was just injecting himself with random needles he found in Tejada's locker. Obviously Tejada was on the juice at the time and it was an easy excuse for Palmeiro. But you have to be smarter than to believe the lamest excuse it the history of sport.

And Congress didn't clear him of lying. They just didn't have proof he was lying. That's the thing with the steroid era ... there's no proof other than common sense. Especially when fans like you start discounting positive steroid tests :lol

Is Palmeiro lying? Probably...can you prove it? No.Oh, wow, the "you can't prove it so it didn't happen" excuse. That's pretty damn weak. Can you prove that any DR's took steroids? No. Does that stop you from pulling that card repeatedly? No.

Is he going to make the HOF? Probably not...but that's because many people didn't think he was a HOF caliber player to begin with.:lol WTF? 3000 hits and 550+ homers had him a 100% lock for the HOF. He wasn't going to be a first balloter but he was getting in. Before he got caught cheating, that is.

Palmeiro made $80M+ with help from steroids. Do I blame him? Not really because he was just trying to even the competitive balance. But he's a proven cheater ... even his biggest fan has to admit that.

whottt
04-03-2008, 07:54 PM
:lmao why'd you get so sensitive about the Dominican thing? I posted the flag because your were defending Pedro like he was your mother. I haven't seen you defend Kori like that...

You lose the right to ever run smack at me for defending Barry after that.

And the flag thing was funny.

As for the rest of it...

Palmeiro did not get bigger dude..he was always skinny...if you ever get the chance to see him in Home Run competitions compare him to the other guys...he was always the little and skinniest one.

And no...sorry but I watched Palmerio during that era, and he went from a being a line drive hitter to all fields and being a dead pull hitter...and every year of his career thereafter he became more and more of a pull hitter.

PS: Arlington stadium was insanely tough for left handed hitters to homer in prior to the 93 season when they moved the fences in, for the express purpose of helping Palmeiro...

When they were building TBPIA, they said that right field porch was put in just for the swing of Raffy....it ended up being for Will Clark instead...but that was because of a fall out during negotiations.

As for that huge jump...it was 11 home runs over his previous career high...

If that's your criteria for steroids boy...guys have been doing steoids since about 1920 then...

And finally...Palmeiro didn't hit 400 foot homers...he didn't hit long or towering home runs at all...he pulled them into right field just as far as they needed to go(about 320).

whottt
04-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Admit it...you hate Palmeiro because he's a Cuban don't you? It's a Dominican thing!

*ducks*

whottt
04-03-2008, 08:04 PM
How come no one ever accuses Griffey Jr of doing steroids?

If you look at his career and numbers...he's almost the textbook example of a roid user(after McGwire and Jose)...and he had a football background...

I've never even heard him mentioned in the same breath as steroids....

You never hear that story about Griffey Jr's suicide attempt do you...

timvp
04-03-2008, 08:14 PM
:lmao why'd you get so sensitive about the Dominican thing? I posted the flag because your were defending Pedro like he was your mother. I haven't seen you defend Kori like that...

You lose the right to ever run smack at me for defending Barry after that.

And the flag thing was funny. I wasn't referencing the flag. I was referencing your Tejada line. I don't care about Pedro Martinez. He's a drama queen who was overrated in his prime. I just pointed out that he wasn't on steroids.

36 years old for a steroids pitcher is young. Hell, Nolan Ryan was just warming up.

As for the rest of it...

Palmeiro did not get bigger dude..he was always skinny...if you ever get the chance to see him in Home Run competitions compare him to the other guys...he was always the little and skinniest one. Look at the above pictures. The second picture he looks like he ate Jose Canseco ... while his head grew.

And no...sorry but I watched Palmerio during that era, and he went from a being a line drive hitter to all fields and being a dead pull hitter...and every year of his career thereafter he became more and more of a pull hitter.

PS: Arlington stadium was insanely tough for left handed hitters to homer in prior to the 93 season when they moved the fences in, for the express purpose of helping Palmeiro...

When they were building TBPIA, they said that right field porch was put in just for the swing of Raffy....it ended up being for Will Clark instead...but that was because of a fall out during negotiations.

As for that huge jump...it was 11 home runs over his previous career high...

If that's your criteria for steroids boy...guys have been doing steoids since about 1920 then...

And finally...Palmeiro didn't hit 400 foot homers...he didn't hit long or towering home runs at all...he pulled them into right field just as far as they needed to go(about 320).ROFL. You pick the worst people to stick up for. First the wrestler guy was just doing his family a favor or whatever your excuse was back then. Now Palmeiro, who got busted for a hardcore steroid, accidentally got injected by the wrong needle and his jump in power in the steroid era on the most steroided team was because of every possible excuse ........ other than steroids. :lol

timvp
04-03-2008, 08:19 PM
How come no one ever accuses Griffey Jr of doing steroids?ROFL. Is this a setup for you to come in to say I'm racist against white people? Like last time?

Was Griffey on steroids? Eh, tough to tell. It wouldn't surprise me. But he was a whiny cry baby emo back in his youth so not sure.

whottt
04-03-2008, 08:26 PM
I wasn't referencing the flag. I was referencing your Tejada line. I don't care about Pedro Martinez. He's a drama queen who was overrated in his prime. I just pointed out that he wasn't on steroids.

WTF? Is Tejada from the Dominican Republic or something? :lol

I didn't even know that.

36 years old for a steroids pitcher is young. Hell, Nolan Ryan was just warming up.

Ehhh...I've never heard of steroids actually improving longevity...I suppose it's possible...but more often than not they shorten a career.

I mean Barry Bonds was a freak anyway....he proved last year what he could do at 44 without steroids(you to have assume he was tested like a mofo).

Look at the above pictures. The second picture he looks like he ate Jose Canseco ... while his head grew.

It's just a different uniform...Raffy was always skinny...in fact there was a HR derby with him VS Canceco where you can see just how skinny he is...

And way to bash another Cuban...

ROFL. You pick the worst people to stick up for.

I am in awe of Rafael Palmeiro - Cal Ripken JR. Everybody liked Raffy(cept for Ryne Sandberg).

First the wrestler guy was just doing his family a favor or whatever your excuse was back then.

Get serious, I didn't say that...

And I don't think I ever said Benoit wasn't a roid user...I just said he was a great wrestler who cared about putting on a great show and put everything he had into a match...

He did...that's what went wrong with him.

As for steroids...dude I grew up with a wrestler's kids...I used to go to his house. I use to go to shows...he would literally have steroids laying around the house....and this was in the early-mid 70's. Most wrestlers do roids...

And so do a hell of a lot of football players...going back to the late sixties and seventies.

Now Palmeiro, who got busted for a hardcore steroid, accidentally got injected by the wrong needle and his jump in power in the steroid era on the most steroided team was because of every possible excuse ........ other than steroids. :lol

Ironically enough...I liked Raffy because I was certain he wasn't a guy that did steroids...more importantly because of the fact that he was durable.

I used to defend him on the basis that he was the one guy I was certain wasn't doing steroids...

Because he doesn't fit any signs...except for the lame reason that he increased his previous best HR total by 11 hr....which is something equalled by several thousand baseball players.

I was wrong...pissed me off too..but Raffy Palmeiro fit no profile of a steroid user...

whottt
04-03-2008, 08:33 PM
he was a whiny cry baby emo back in his youth so not sure.

LOL so let me guess...Griff JR must not be from the Dominican Republic?

ClingingMars
04-03-2008, 10:05 PM
uh, this thread is about pedro and his injury and the fucking mets, not who the hell ya'll think take steroids. make your own mitchell report thread and get the fuck outta here.

anyways, the offense looked great yesterday, if we can get that kinda production, we'll easily make up for his absence. but his mere presence i think improves team chemistry, which is huge for the Mets young players.

-Mars

timvp
04-03-2008, 11:50 PM
uh, this thread is about pedro and his injury and the fucking mets, not who the hell ya'll think take steroids. make your own mitchell report thread and get the fuck outta here.

:wakeup

ClingingMars
04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
:wakeup

real mature of you to change dashmars into Dirk_is_my_daddy_Dirk_is_my_daddy_Dirk_is_my_daddy _Dirk_is_my_daddy_Dirk_is_my_daddy_. good one.

- Mars