PDA

View Full Version : Roger Ebert in pretty bad shape.

Pistons_In_7
04-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Apparently he is in pretty bad shape, he had a surgery to remove cancer from his salivary gland, he is still unable to talk and in this photo you can't even recognize him anymore he looks nothing at like he did pre-opeartion.

It's pretty sad as i grew up watching Siskel and Ebert.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/02/people.ebertrecovery.ap/index.html

monosylab1k
04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
i'll wait for someone else to confirm that this isn't Rick Roll.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 10:31 AM
i'll wait for someone else to confirm that this isn't Rick Roll.

:lol :lol

"Never gonna let you down . . ."

Viva Las Espuelas
04-02-2008, 10:33 AM
i'll wait for someone else to confirm that this isn't Rick Roll.it's not. i actually got rickrolled yesterday on youtube. i really don't see what the big deal is.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Apparently he is in pretty bad shape, he had a surgery to remove cancer from his salivary gland, he is still unable to talk and in this photo you can't even recognize him anymore he looks nothing at like he did pre-opeartion.

It's pretty sad as i grew up watching Siskel and Ebert.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/02/people.ebertrecovery.ap/index.html
wow. that's sad

Pistons_In_7
04-02-2008, 10:35 AM
just hover over the link you can clearly see its not a rickroll. or right click and hit properties

BacktoBasics
04-02-2008, 10:36 AM
He looks like Vader with his mask off.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 10:38 AM

I wonder if he's half machine like Vader.

MoSpur
04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow. I pray he recovers from this.

monosylab1k
04-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Looks like that hex Vincent Gallo put on him worked.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow. I pray he recovers from this.

I pray that he comes out of this with Vader's voice.

That would be some cool shit.

Pistons_In_7
04-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Him and Siskel both had some pretty damn bad luck. All of that free good food in Chicago for all of those years must have been their downfall.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 10:41 AM
The same thing will happen to people who try to rickroll other people.

peewee's lovechild
04-02-2008, 10:41 AM
One can only hope.

Evan
04-02-2008, 10:43 AM
I always like his temper tantrums. The dude loves his movies

Pistons_In_7
04-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Now he will have to do his reviews with sign language or the might pen.

monosylab1k
04-02-2008, 11:12 AM
somewhere in Korea, pussyface is crying.

CubanMustGo
04-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Ebert announces his return

Today, April 1, is Roger Ebert's 41st anniversary as film critic for the Chicago Sun-Times (no fooling) -- and he declaring his imminent return to reviewing movies.

Dear Readers:

I am at last returning to the movie beat. After my current stay at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, I’m looking forward to opening night of my annual film festival at the University of Illinois on April 23, and I will resume writing movie reviews shortly thereafter.

Are you as bored with my health as I am? I underwent a third surgery in January, this one in Houston, and once again there were complications. I am sorry to say that my ability to speak was not restored. That would require another surgery.

But I still have all my other abilities, including the love of viewing movies and writing about them. And at my side I have my angelic wife, Chaz.

The festival is shaping up well. Thanks to festival director Nate Kohn, the schedule, which is already released at ebertfest.com, includes appearances by filmmaker and U. of I. graduate Ang Lee; directors Paul Schrader, Sally Potter, Tom DiCillo, Bill Forsyth, Tarsem Singh, Jeff Nichols, Barry Avrich, Taggart Siegel, Eran Kolirin and Joseph Greco. We are also happy to welcome actors Joey Pantoliano, Aida Tuturro, Christine Lahti; and the Alloy Orchestra.

It was Schrader’s line from his screenplay for Martin Scorsese’s “Raging Bull” that inspired my acceptance of my bandaged appearance: “I ain’t a pretty boy no more.”

Assisting in the onstage Q&A sessions will be my TV partner, Richard Roeper; my Chicago Tribune colleague, Michael Phillips; my longtime friends, Time magazine film critic Richard Corliss and his wife, Mary, a film expert; Sony Pictures Classics president Michael Barker; film scholars David Bordwell and Kristin Thompson; Professor Eric Pierson; RogerEbert.com editor Jim Emerson; Movie City News editor David Poland; film scholar Hannah Fisher; and U. of I. alum and Sports Illustrated’s Bill Nack.

The longest distance commute to the festival will be Farmer John Peterson, who lives in northern Illinois but will fly in from New Zealand.

I am still cancer-free, and not ready to think about more surgery at this time. I should be content with the abundance I have.

So that’s the latest. I have been so moved by the messages I’ve received from so many of you. Thank you. Now let’s go to the movies.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/

Pistons_In_7
04-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Well at least hes still working.

leemajors
04-02-2008, 12:07 PM
i wonder if he has a popcorn butter drip IV.

mrsmaalox
04-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Well if that is a current pic of him, he looks pretty healthy. Considering what he's been thru.

boutons_
04-02-2008, 03:32 PM
He sounds lucky, so far. Head and neck cancers, as the grouping goes, are notoriously difficult.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Well if that is a current pic of him, he looks pretty healthy. Considering what he's been thru.gee, i hope i never look this healthy
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/02/people.ebertrecovery.ap/art.ebert.ap.jpg

mrsmaalox
04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
gee, i hope i never look this healthy
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/02/people.ebertrecovery.ap/art.ebert.ap.jpg

If you are missing the lower third of your face, you'd be doing good to look like this!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I saw a photo from a couple of months earlier where he looks a heck of a lot worse.

resistanze
04-02-2008, 05:47 PM
i wonder if he has a popcorn butter drip IV.
Geez :lol

florige
04-02-2008, 10:09 PM

... :lol You guys are not right at all.

marini martini
04-02-2008, 10:16 PM
This is why I love this place! :lmao :lmao :lmao