PDA

View Full Version : Damn BSPN is back......

DazedAndConfused
04-02-2008, 11:26 AM
We've had our fun with football and basketball, but it's all over now. BSPN is back in full swing. Get ready for 90 minutes of baseball and 5 minutes of NBA highlights on Sportscenter everynight.

Findog
04-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Other options for sports highlights exist.

Spurminator
04-02-2008, 11:36 AM
We've had our fun with football and basketball, but it's all over now. BSPN is back in full swing. Get ready for 90 minutes of baseball and 5 minutes of NBA highlights on Sportscenter everynight.

Correction:

5 minutes baseball
5 minutes NBA
5 minutes NFL offseason
5 minutes miscellaneous college
40 minutes useless sponsored segments like the Hot Seat, 6-Pack, Ultimate Highlight, etc.

Findog
04-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Don't forget open mic with Stuart Scott

v2freak
04-02-2008, 11:46 AM
It'd be easier if you just started liking baseball

N4th4n
04-02-2008, 11:50 AM
It'd be easier if you just started liking baseball

:sleep

Extra Stout
04-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Baseball coverage is something ESPN is actually good at.

monosylab1k
04-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Baseball coverage is something ESPN is actually good at.
as long as Chris Berman isn't around.

stretch
04-02-2008, 11:54 AM
back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back

DarrinS
04-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Baseball sucks ass.

monosylab1k
04-02-2008, 11:56 AM
back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back
I love how Berman does that with every HR that's hit during the Home Run Derby. Every......single.......one. It's not like it would get old, they only hit about 50 homers during that stupid contest.

MajorMike
04-02-2008, 12:00 PM

But its America's past time... or is that pastime?

The Nba Is Rigged
04-02-2008, 12:01 PM

:pctoss

E20
04-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Baseball sucks ass.

ElNono
04-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Tune to NBA TV.... problem solved!

ancestron
04-02-2008, 02:18 PM
yeah baseball highlights blow ass, but look at the bright side, we got 40 games in 40 nights coming up soon.

Allanon
04-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I thought I was the only one who doesn't care for baseball. I mean the baseball experience itself is cool but I couldn't care less about Baseball. NFL and NBA, that's where it's all at and some World Cup.

Great things that will make this down time better this year:
1) We've enjoyed extended Playoffs in the West these past few weeks
2) There will be plenty of controversy following these Playoffs since it's so tight
3) Round 1 will actually be quite exciting no matter which series you're watching
4) Olympics
5) Summer trading season will be in full swing. Too many teams used a bandage this year to compete in the West, they're going to have to rethink their long term strategy.

O-Factor
04-02-2008, 05:49 PM
I thought I was the only one who doesn't care for baseball.

Nope, there is a whole legion of us who don't care about baseball.........I mean this time of year ESPN should have at least one NBA game broadcast a night.

timvp
04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Baseball coverage is something ESPN is actually good at.Agreed. I was excited when ESPN got the NBA contract because they were doing such a great job with baseball. However, ESPN just doesn't cover baseball and basketball the same. Baseball they have actual insight and thought behind their coverage. Their basketball coverage is like a dumbed down version of their X Games coverage.

Burn531
04-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Baseball sucks ass.

79 million people would disagree. (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20071002&content_id=2245590&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Trainwreck2100
04-04-2008, 03:41 AM
Agreed. I was excited when ESPN got the NBA contract because they were doing such a great job with baseball. However, ESPN just doesn't cover baseball and basketball the same. Baseball they have actual insight and thought behind their coverage. Their basketball coverage is like a dumbed down version of their X Games coverage.

And the NBA just signed an extension, whoohoo

Obstructed_View
04-04-2008, 04:35 AM
I love how Berman does that with every HR that's hit during the Home Run Derby. Every......single.......one. It's not like it would get old, they only hit about 50 homers during that stupid contest.
:lmao They should seriously shoot whoever thought Berman at the HRD was a good idea.

There was a PA guy in Orlando who used to yell, "SLLLLLLLLLAAAAAMMM!" on every dunk and yell, "THREEEEEEEEEEEE" on every three pointer. That was the hardest all-star game to watch EVERRRRRRRR.

Obstructed_View
04-04-2008, 04:43 AM
And speaking of ESPN, does anyone know how Reisha Candidate got a job on ESPNews? She's a freakin' idiot.

MrChug
04-04-2008, 09:19 AM
I thought I was the only one who doesn't care for baseball. I mean the baseball experience itself is cool but I couldn't care less about Baseball. NFL and NBA, that's where it's all at and some World Cup.

Great things that will make this down time better this year:
1) We've enjoyed extended Playoffs in the West these past few weeks
2) There will be plenty of controversy following these Playoffs since it's so tight
3) Round 1 will actually be quite exciting no matter which series you're watching
4) Olympics
5) Summer trading season will be in full swing. Too many teams used a bandage this year to compete in the West, they're going to have to rethink their long term strategy.

Nice take. You just won alot of respect Allanon. Good job. :toast

I really have to agree with regard to ESPN's coverage. They simply haven't the resources IMHO to provide even adequate coverage of the NBA.

-Their "experts" are all scrubs, short of a few who shock you if they provide an even SLIGHTLY insightful take. The one thing that they all have in common is their ego's. Anthony, Legler, S.A.S., Walton, etc. Listen to them and see if they feel they're humble or classy...ANY of them. Jeez. Wanna know what team they all picked last year when asked: "What Team is the Most Likely to be Upset in the First Round This Year?"

...I'll give you 3 guesses. :rolleyes

miss paxton
04-04-2008, 11:28 AM
ESPN does love its baseball. I just can't figure out how they can rationalize devoting so much air time to a league whose season just started, when college baseball is to the Final Four, the playoff race in the NBA is unusually exciting, and I think the NHL (which I don't follow) is also, what, almost to the playoffs? In the playoffs already? Anyway, it's a lot further along than baseball. It's not that I have a problem with them covering baseball, but the coverage is oddly unbalanced.

I can't stand MLB though so my view on this is admittedly biased.

Obstructed_View
04-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I sort of gave up on ESPN for basketball knowledge when they were discussing the debate they were having in the offices about whether or not Tim Duncan is a superstar.

MrChug
04-04-2008, 01:26 PM
ESPN does love its baseball. I just can't figure out how they can rationalize devoting so much air time to a league whose season just started, when college baseball is to the Final Four, the playoff race in the NBA is unusually exciting, and I think the NHL (which I don't follow) is also, what, almost to the playoffs? In the playoffs already? Anyway, it's a lot further along than baseball. It's not that I have a problem with them covering baseball, but the coverage is oddly unbalanced.

I can't stand MLB though so my view on this is admittedly biased.

Nice take.