PDA

View Full Version : Europe Media Spurs and Ramūnas Šiškauskas

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-02-2008, 01:11 PM
I can gives some info here for the Spurs fan of America that must be very interest news for you.

Europe media report that Spurs is very interest in Lithuanian player name Ramūnas Šiškauskas and want to sign him to join team and that he is also interest. Šiškauskas play for Russia team call CSKA Moscow which is one of best team of Euroleague. CSKA team is lose first game of Euroleague playoff to Greek team Olympiacos and is now have to play them at Athens and stand good chance be eliminate from playoff. Also CSKA fail win Russian Cup this year.

This could make Šiškauskas want leave? Šiškauskas win Euroleague championship and triple crown championship last year with Panathinaikos which is team Spanoulis play on. Šiškauskas have say before he want play in NBA. He is 6-6 player that play both SG and SF position. He is very good passer he is very good defender.

He is player that make about same as NBA MLE already right now so I guess this mean Spurs needs MLE to get him. Šiškauskas is consider as best SF in Europe.

midgetonadonkey
04-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Can he dunk?

E20
04-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Whenever I read Kills Bill's posts I always think of WHERE ARE THE MIS-ILES?
2Dx8yi_3cGM

Mr. Body
04-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I'll only take this guy if he complains about not playing enough and demands to control the ball whenever he does. Otherwise, forget it.

yavozerb
04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXBh_7iHa_o

Not crazy about the guy, but not worried about the off-season at this point..

ss1986v2
04-02-2008, 01:40 PM
heres his draftX page for anyone that cares:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ramunas-Siskauskas-5115/

CubanMustGo
04-02-2008, 02:08 PM
heres his draftX page for anyone that cares:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ramunas-Siskauskas-5115/

He'll be 30 next season. Pass.

Bruno
04-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Siskauskas is a really good player. If he is ready to come in nba for a reasonable contract, sign me in.

The report of Spurs being interested in him has surfaced on a Lithuanian website on April 1st. I won't put too much weight in this rumor because it hasn't been reported by a lot of sources and it could be an April fool.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Siskauskas is a really good player. If he is ready to come in nba for a reasonable contract, sign me in.

The report of Spurs being interested in him has surfaced on a Lithuanian website on April 1st. I won't put too much weight in this rumor because it hasn't been reported by a lot of sources and it could be an April fool.

Yes I think this same way when I see this but I not see any report after admit it was joke. Now after some time and it still there.

DAF86
04-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Is he a good 3pt shooter? what's his 3 fg%

Ocotillo
04-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Sounds like the type of guy the Spurs would be interested in. Doesn't sound like the Spurs letting the cat out of the bag on what they want to do. Could be deliberate misleading.

Kobayagi
04-02-2008, 04:43 PM
U gotta be kidding me with the old guy :lol

This is an obvious april fools joke.

And yes, he's a great 3pt shooter but still....a joke.

ploto
04-02-2008, 04:45 PM
MLE- no way from the Spurs

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-02-2008, 04:45 PM
U gotta be kidding me with the old guy :lol

This is an obvious april fools joke.

And yes, he's a great 3pt shooter but still....a joke.

This is what i think when I sees it but they then they keeps it there for one more day. All this time and it still joke? Or they change what they say?

ancestron
04-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Does he have tattoos?

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Can he dunk?

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Pretty good Euro player. Can back up Manu a couple seasons in replacement of Findog or Barry. I'll take it. :tu

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Kill_Bill_Pana actually provides useful information for the first time in quite a long time. :tu

sandman
04-02-2008, 05:04 PM
This reads better when you use a Borat accent...

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Kill_Bill_Pana actually provides useful information for the first time in quite a long time. :tu

No I not know if this story even true about Siskauskas. But I know issue with Spanoulis and also Spanoulis is better player than Siskauskas so IF this true Spurs interest in him I know Spanoulis is player that have quality for them.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-02-2008, 05:06 PM
:lmao That really works.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-02-2008, 05:10 PM
:lmao That really works.

Do Greek English accent sound like Borat?

sandman
04-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Do Greek English accent sound like Borat?

Probably not, but it DOES make your posts easier to read, and the visual fits closely with the preconceived likeness...

Can you type the words 'Pamela Anderson' for us?

timvp
04-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Has a European rumor ever come true? The Spurs have been rumored to sign half the known basketball world and it never becomes reality.

Mr. Body
04-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Has a European rumor ever come true? The Spurs have been rumored to sign half the known basketball world and it never becomes reality.

'Sides the fact this guy'd have to get the MLE to come close to what he's making now for CSKA.

Streakyshooter08
05-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Well, I just found an article on draftexpress.com which claims that Spurs and Rockets are really interested in Siskauskas. Take it for what its worth. Maybe it is still a left over from the april article. I just wanted to mention it. For a reasonable contract I would like to see him with the Spurs.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Blogging-through-the-Euroleague-Final-Four--Part-Two-/

A number of teams are hot on the trail of Ramunas Siskauskas reportedly, including the San Antonio Spurs and Houston Rockets. That’s what the word here amongst European basketball insiders is at least.

The article also says that the Spurs are also interested in Omri Casspi. Who would fit the "athletic long 3" but he is just 19 and would be a long shot.

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2008, 06:34 AM
does he like motorbikeS?

Kori Ellis
05-07-2008, 06:36 AM
The article also says that the Spurs are also interested in Omri Casspi. Who would fit the "athletic long 3" but he is just 19 and would be a long shot.

I'd guess most NBA teams are interested in Caspi. I think he's going to be very good.

Kobayagi
05-07-2008, 06:56 AM
does he like motorbikeS?

:lmao

GrandeDavid
05-07-2008, 07:04 AM
I dunno, that's a pretty odd name to pronounce, and those contact lenses above those esses are pretty baffling, even for a linguist like myself.

Streakyshooter08
05-07-2008, 07:14 AM
I'd guess most NBA teams are interested in Caspi. I think he's going to be very good.

Yeah. I think it is interesting that the article says the Spurs might even consider to pick him with their first round pick if he declares for the draft (again I don't even know it is legit). I really like that he seems to be a great slasher and that he has good size. It looks like he had motivation problems in the past but I think Pop could handle it.

tav1
05-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Re: Casspi, the article says that if he stays its because he has a promise, and that team is probably the Spurs--which, for Casspi, means the Toros for the next 18 to 24 months.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Probably not, but it DOES make your posts easier to read, and the visual fits closely with the preconceived likeness...

Can you type the words 'Pamela Anderson' for us?

you're an ass, do you make fun of Hispanic people that cant speak English perfectly too? xenophobe

oligarchy
05-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Yeah. I think it is interesting that the article says the Spurs might even consider to pick him with their first round pick if he declares for the draft (again I don't even know it is legit). I really like that he seems to be a great slasher and that he has good size. It looks like he had motivation problems in the past but I think Pop could handle it.

He already declared. Other international players that have declared:
Alexis Ajinca, PF, France
Nicolas Batum, SF, France
Rodrigue Beaubois, PG, France
Omri Casspi, F, Israel
Victor Claver, F, Spain
Nando De Colo, PG, France
Danilo Gallinari, SF, Italy
Serge Ibaka, F, Congo
Joe Ingles, F, Australia
Luc Louves, F, France
Rudy Mbemba, PG, Sweden
Giorgi Shermadini, C, Georgia
Ante Tomic, C, Croatia

hater
05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
tell us how Spurs gonna beat the Hornets then we'd be interested

wildbill2u
05-07-2008, 09:50 AM

One rumor that I could see coming to fruition is that the Spurs have really been scouting and talking to the 19 y.o. forward for Maccabi, Casspi.

He fits the strategy profile of our recent drafting, eg. take a foreign player with some upside with the first pick (no cash outlay for a non-lock player at this pick) and stash him overseas for a year or two to see if he develops into a useful player to bring over.

Siskauskas might also fit our draft strategy profile, but he's a little old. I don't know if he could adapt in time to the NBA and the Spurs system to be a useful player, especially at the MLE.

tav1
05-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Let's assume, if only for a moment, the draftX scenario happens:

PG: Parker, Vaughn
SG: Ginobli, Siskauskas (MLE)
SF: Bowen, Barry, Udoka, Casspi (Toros)
PF: Duncan, Bonner, Mahinmi
C: Thomas, Oberto, Splitter

That's 14. I think this combined with his play makes Bonner a dead man walking. They'll trade him for scraps at this point.

I still like to see the Spurs use their trade exception, if possible. Unlikely, but we'll see.

And I'd like to see them spend their 2 round picks on players we could draft and stash, preferably a point guard. Unless, a player like Courtney Lee or Brandon Rush or Bill Walker are available with our first pick in round 2.

oligarchy
05-07-2008, 10:28 AM
No way do they take Siskauskas at MLE

tav1
05-07-2008, 10:52 AM
No way do they take Siskauskas at MLE

He makes nearly the MLE now, so I can't see him taking too much of a pay cut. 11 million for 3 yrs would be a bargain given his current salary. That cuts into the 2010 money, and I don't like that.

You should know, I'm not advocating for or against Siskauskas, I'm just reacting to the story.

Kobayagi
05-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I dunno, that's a pretty odd name to pronounce, and those contact lenses above those esses are pretty baffling, even for a linguist like myself.

It's pronounced SHEESH-COW-SKAS. The stress is on the middle syllable.

DarrinS
05-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I wish Euros would just stop with all the weird squigglies and accents on their letters.

WTF is up with that?

Kobayagi
05-07-2008, 12:44 PM
How about you look at it from our point of view: we don't have weird letters like Q, W, Y and X in our alphabet. Wtf is up with that? :lol

Brutalis
05-07-2008, 01:52 PM
SA has some roles opening up on its show soon. Horry is gone, I imagine Finley and Oberto if his play continues. Damon will be history. That's possibly 4 spots right there on a very raw outlook right now.

Ian is a Spur for sure he knows the system and physically has become what we were asking. If he isn't getting minutes next season I will be shocked. Tiago might be in Austin if he is in fact very raw. I do not see us using MLE on that Russian feller, we have 3 draft picks and will obtain younger Euro talent I would assume.

tav1
05-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know if Dimitris Diamantidis or V-Span could be effective back up point guards in the NBA. The verdict on V-Span seems to be no!, but I wonder if maybe he's better than he showed in Houston.

T Park
05-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Tiago might be in Austin if he is in fact very raw\\

Why would he come to america from a pro league, to play in the worst minor basketball league in the world?

Manu_Ginobili
05-07-2008, 04:47 PM
The guy is pretty good actually. He won the Euro-league with PAO last year...I watched him few times - HE IS LISTED AS NUMBER 1 in the Draft of foreign players scouted this year...The problem is he is 29 years OLD...However, he is better than ALL of other guys we have from the 3-pt line!!!! YEA, MUCH, MUCH BETTER!!! He is even better than Barry in the 3-pt release (Barry is OLD NOW) - watch him!!! HOWEVER, Finley, Bruce and Barry are approaching the retirement - if Barry gets another serious injury to keep him out for a long time, he will retire for sure...

Ramunas - he is called 'RAMU' or 'Siska' is MUCH better sized than Manu and Udoka - he could easily guard someone like Peja WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM??? Very high % from the FT line, Unbelievable from 3s, he can steal and pass the ball, he CAN EVEN BLOCK - put this guy right next to Manu in the rotation, he will be a KILLER - HE WAS THE APRIL 2008 EURO-PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyx6u_jF3pc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-mKgaRelgg&feature=related

Siskauskas' buzzer beater:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1gkGGVKJJI&feature=related

I HOPE WE GET THIS GUY, THEN WE CAN RELEASE THE OLD DONKEY FINLEY AND BRENT BARRY...

IF POP GETS THIS GUY, IMAGINE HIM WORKING WITH CHIP JUST FOR FEW MONTHS TO PRACTICE Tony Parker's quick short jumpers from the lane, the Spurs WILL BE UNBEATABLE TEAM, having this guy from outside shooting 3s plus Manu, and then having him in a COMBO with Tony Parker coming off the pick and nailing down short jumpers - the guy is shooting 62% from the field shooting 2s - quick jumpers - this is JUST UNBELIEVABLE...

GO SPURS!!! GO MANU!!!

alamo50
05-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Nice find Streaky!

jag
05-07-2008, 05:37 PM
BRjY1s3lODA

ClingingMars
05-07-2008, 05:43 PM

i can't read it with a borat accent without laughing.

- Mars

jag
05-07-2008, 05:44 PM
\\

Why would he come to america from a pro league, to play in the worst minor basketball league in the world?

He wouldnt. You aren't a star on one of the top teams in theEuroleague and then pack your shit and come to the States to play in the NBDL.

I'm pretty sure Scola didnt need NBDL time...i dont see Splitter needing it either.

At this point: Splitter > Ian

Brutalis
05-07-2008, 05:48 PM
\\

I'm just saying, if his stock collapsed. What if he was half the player Oberto is once playing here?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 07:17 PM
The guy is pretty good actually. He won the Euro-league with PAO last year...I watched him few times - HE IS LISTED AS NUMBER 1 in the Draft of foreign players scouted this year...The problem is he is 29 years OLD...However, he is better than ALL of other guys we have from the 3-pt line!!!! YEA, MUCH, MUCH BETTER!!! He is even better than Barry in the 3-pt release (Barry is OLD NOW) - watch him!!! HOWEVER, Finley, Bruce and Barry are approaching the retirement - if Barry gets another serious injury to keep him out for a long time, he will retire for sure...

Ramunas - he is called 'RAMU' or 'Siska' is MUCH better sized than Manu and Udoka - he could easily guard someone like Peja WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM??? Very high % from the FT line, Unbelievable from 3s, he can steal and pass the ball, he CAN EVEN BLOCK - put this guy right next to Manu in the rotation, he will be a KILLER - HE WAS THE APRIL 2008 EURO-PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyx6u_jF3pc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-mKgaRelgg&feature=related

Siskauskas' buzzer beater:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1gkGGVKJJI&feature=related

I HOPE WE GET THIS GUY, THEN WE CAN RELEASE THE OLD DONKEY FINLEY AND BRENT BARRY...

IF POP GETS THIS GUY, IMAGINE HIM WORKING WITH CHIP JUST FOR FEW MONTHS TO PRACTICE Tony Parker's quick short jumpers from the lane, the Spurs WILL BE UNBEATABLE TEAM, having this guy from outside shooting 3s plus Manu, and then having him in a COMBO with Tony Parker coming off the pick and nailing down short jumpers - the guy is shooting 62% from the field shooting 2s - quick jumpers - this is JUST UNBELIEVABLE...

GO SPURS!!! GO MANU!!!

He is great shooter and very clever player but I think for NBA he need to be SF not SG because he will be not quick enough to guard SG in NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know if Dimitris Diamantidis or V-Span could be effective back up point guards in the NBA. The verdict on V-Span seems to be no!, but I wonder if maybe he's better than he showed in Houston.

Diamantidis if gets him he is for Spurs Bowen replacement. He is not really point guard he is just call this by fans of Europe. If you not notice yet in Europe fans consider any player which bring ball up floor point guard. Diamantidis is point forward not point guard.

He would be very good player for Spurs to replace Bowen. He is not as good man defender as Bowen but he is best team defender on perimeter of any player in world and yes this is level of how he play team defense of wing players. He is good 3 point shooter better than Bowen because he can make from all spot of court. He is more athletic than Bowen. His best ability for defense is guard other SG or SF of team which one is best scoring player like Bowen do. And he can run offense and handle ball as point forward if this need be also thing can help Parker and Manu if play with them.

He is not answer for Spurs backup PG he is not fast enough to guard point guard in NBA not close to even fast enough for such thing. Compare Siska and Diamantidis talent and ability to Spanoulis - Spanouli is much better than them. He just need proper chance to show what he is capable of. Siska would be like Barry of Spurs, Diamantidis would be like Bowen of Spurs, Spanoulis he would be like Parker with good jump shot and 3 point shot and better court vision, passing and play making ability. This is how could give a compare to Spurs players this should help understand level of ability of these players. Spanoulis is potential be all star even at NBA level.

Pero
05-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Siskauskas > V-Spam :P

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Siskauskas > V-Spam :P

No he is not. This is two players play for Panathinaikos just like Diamantidis. Spanoulis one day will get credit he deserve. He is player take over games all by self with crowd with intanigle with defense with passes with scoring and intense play. He can take over game at World Championship against US European championship against Spain. He can take over game in Greek championship or Greek Cup championship against Olympiacos or Aris. He can take over game against good Euroleague teams as he do before. Even against CSKA he is best player of court as rookie.

Say Siska better than Spanoulis like say Barry better than Parker. If PAO can gets rid of Saras all fan would see what Spanoulis can do and these stupid opinion like Sisksa > Spanoulis all go away very fast.

MONTENEGRINO
05-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm huge Euroleague fan.
1. Diamantidis - can play in NBA. Not on high level as in Europe, but 9th-10th player in team. Question about him is - Is he what Spurs need? I'd say NO.
2. Šiškauskas - NO! Soft, slow, old for NBA. Believe. Smart, but after all he's not good enough. Question about him is - What aspect of the game he can improove in Spurs. MAYBE only outside shoot.

MONTENEGRINO
05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
What Spurs need from Europe is NIKOLA PEKOVIC, young and very quick and strong center, also with very good mid range touch. He can be one who will help control inside, a big help for Tim Duncan who doesn't get any younger.

mystargtr34
05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
^ I think he was joking

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm huge Euroleague fan.
1. Diamantidis - can play in NBA. Not on high level as in Europe, but 9th-10th player in team. Question about him is - Is he what Spurs need? I'd say NO.
2. Šiškauskas - NO! Soft, slow, old for NBA. Believe. Smart, but after all he's not good enough. Question about him is - What aspect of the game he can improove in Spurs. MAYBE only outside shoot.

This is probable good post of truth but I thinks Diamantidis can be 8 player in rotation. If he plays Spurs he can fit Bowen type role. Siska like say he is someway like Barry so similar place of role.

Spanoulis - this is player can be 6 man or starter either one of Spurs need immediate. Fans say he not as good as these others is crazy if ask me.

MONTENEGRINO
05-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Spanoulis is quite different story... He could help ALOT.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 08:02 PM
What Spurs need from Europe is NIKOLA PEKOVIC, young and very quick and strong center, also with very good mid range touch. He can be one who will help control inside, a big help for Tim Duncan who doesn't get any younger.

He is great young player he can be better player than Splitter. He can play PF or C for Spurs. But Partizan owner admit he is be sign with Panathinaikos soon. He will have maybe 3 or 4 years contract with PAO so it not need thing for NBA team drafts him now. He maybe come later like Navarro and Scola do.

mystargtr34
05-07-2008, 08:05 PM

I would never have guessed :lol.

Seriously though do you think Pekovic can make the transition into the league? He seems to be a bit small (in terms of length and reach) and not very quick to me?

Very skilled and hugely talented though.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 08:07 PM
I think about this. Siska is like old Brent Barry not young one maybe he is also close to Jon Barry player. He maybe is like Jon Barry but with more jump ability and more dribble ability. So he can be replace player for Barry maybe.

I think Diamantidis like the Adrian Griffin but better defense even with Griffin be strong defender. Diamantidis like Griffin but more defense and more athletic ability maybe. Ability brings ball up court.

So Siska like combine old version of Brent Barry and Jon Barry. Diamantidis like super version of Adrian Griffin. Like say, I not understand why so many fan of Europe not understand Spanouli is much superior to these players. He is able to help Parker and Manu very much.

Pero
05-07-2008, 08:09 PM
No he is not. This is two players play for Panathinaikos just like Diamantidis. Spanoulis one day will get credit he deserve. He is player take over games all by self with crowd with intanigle with defense with passes with scoring and intense play. He can take over game at World Championship against US European championship against Spain. He can take over game in Greek championship or Greek Cup championship against Olympiacos or Aris. He can take over game against good Euroleague teams as he do before. Even against CSKA he is best player of court as rookie.

Say Siska better than Spanoulis like say Barry better than Parker. If PAO can gets rid of Saras all fan would see what Spanoulis can do and these stupid opinion like Sisksa > Spanoulis all go away very fast.

I was joking.
But really, Siskauskas 2 euroaleage titles and an MVP. V-Spam hasn't done shit yet. Could be that you're right and it's because of Saras, but could also be he's mentally screwed after his Houston stint. You say he can take over game, so why doesn't he? Saras doesn't let him or what?

Pero
05-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Like say, I not understand why so many fan of Europe not understand Spanouli is much superior to these players.

Like I said, because he hasn't done much in Euroleague yet.

MONTENEGRINO
05-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Nikola Pekovic shouldn't jump to NBA this summer. He should play in Europe for 2-3 years, to develop. He is just 20 years old. If he develop all of his potential, he can become an All-star. Belive it or not... But he must go to NBA until he's 24. Then he probably will be strong and skilled, but yet young enough to adjust NBA style of play.

mystargtr34
05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
This is probable good post of truth but I thinks Diamantidis can be 8 player in rotation. If he plays Spurs he can fit Bowen type role. Siska like say he is someway like Barry so similar place of role.

Spanoulis - this is player can be 6 man or starter either one of Spurs need immediate. Fans say he not as good as these others is crazy if ask me.

I dont think anyone here really doubts Spanoulis' talent or whether he could play in this league... its other factors that are the main contributors to ppl slaggin him off.

Ive always been for the idea to bring him in and use him as a combo guard for this team, i definately feel he can play in this league.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I would never have guessed :lol.

Seriously though do you think Pekovic can make the transition into the league? He seems to be a bit small (in terms of length and reach) and not very quick to me?

Very skilled and hugely talented though.

Pekovic can be similar maybe as Rasho but NOT soft. Strong Rasho instead of soft Rasho maybe. Maybe MONTENEGRINO helps me give scouts report of him. Must understand PAO owners is do everything to sign him. They do not act such way for just any player.

They are interest mainly in Koufos and Pekovic of all big men they believe they are able possible get. So as see he is player that is capable.

MONTENEGRINO
05-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I dont think anyone here really doubts Spanoulis' talent or whether he could play in this league... its other factors that are the main contributors to ppl slaggin him off.

Ive always been for the idea to bring him in and use him as a combo guard for this team, i definately feel he can play in this league.
You're right.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I was joking.
But really, Siskauskas 2 euroaleage titles and an MVP. V-Spam hasn't done shit yet. Could be that you're right and it's because of Saras, but could also be he's mentally screwed after his Houston stint. You say he can take over game, so why doesn't he? Saras doesn't let him or what?

Saras experiment did not work. It cause chemistry issue. I try explain more but is hard because I not sure how word this thing. But fans understand such problems yes?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Nikola Pekovic shouldn't jump to NBA this summer. He should play in Europe for 2-3 years, to develop. He is just 20 years old. If he develop all of his potential, he can become an All-star. Belive it or not... But he must go to NBA until he's 24. Then he probably will be strong and skilled, but yet young enough to adjust NBA style of play.

Yes I think if he go to PAO which it seem all realizes this happen now he will be by end of contract player NBA team will want. He have very good team for young players with Partizan and if now go with PAO he will be maybe win couple championships in coming years of contract. He play game right way for big man. Not soft but strong.

jag
05-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Spanoulis is quite different story... He could help ALOT.

Why won't VS get his shit straight and come to the NBA then??

Did JVG really hurt his feelings that bad?

Pero
05-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Saras experiment did not work. It cause chemistry issue. I try explain more but is hard because I not sure how word this thing. But fans understand such problems yes?

I understand, but it just seems weird to me. He won 2 championships before and there wasn't any problems, why are there problems now?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I understand, but it just seems weird to me. He won 2 championships before and there wasn't any problems, why are there problems now?

For Euroleague PAO starting C and PF were both injure. Team was play such lineup

PG Saras 6-4
SG Spanoulis 6-4
SF Winston 6-7
PF Diamantidis 6-5
C Batiste 6-8

Team play two point guards two small forwards and undersize power forward in key times of Euruoleague because of injury to Tomasevic and Tsartsaris. Also have 3 play makers of court at same time with Diamantidis, Saras, Spanoulis was cause many problem. Who is handle ball and run pick and roll of each time and such.

Olympiacos is top 8 team this year in Euroleague and Aris is top 16 team this year in Euroleague. During Euroleague eliminations time is when C and PF are injure for PAO. Just as example when Tsartsaris come back he is make starting C and Batiste move to start at PF (Tomasevic is now just small bench player because of injury and age).

When this happen first game Tsartsaris is back PAO beat Olympiacos in Greek Cup championship. So PAO was hurt by injury. Also Partizan is very strong young team. Try play against player like Pekovic with such small team is not possible to win on road in key game.

Pero
05-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Ok I get that. I thought you meant chemistry issues in the sense that players didn't get along in general or something like that.

zepn
Omri Casspi, F, Israel
Victor Claver, F, Spain
Serge Ibaka, F, Congo
Joe Ingles, F, Australia
Luc Louves, F, France
Rudy Mbemba, PG, Sweden
Ante Tomic, C, Croatia

Oh man, we HAVE to get that last guy, A.Tomic(!) just for his name!
:rollin

Kill_Bill_Pana
Why won't VS get his shit straight and come to the NBA then??

Did JVG really hurt his feelings that bad?

He was lie to by Rockets and coach JVG about play time as he make clear he will not leave Greece unless he play 10 minute each game IF he earn play time in practice and also he outplay Alston, Head and Lucas in practice all time and still never play. When he tell this to reporters (and he not start this they ASKS him about it) they prints story make fun of him and his mom also in Houston papers. Fans then make fun of him and mom and also on radio reporters coach and fans makes fun of him and his mom. And he take much less money to play with Rockets than PAO offer him to play in NBA. These thing do make him very mad and it is hard thing for him to get over. I can admit this that he is struggle get over what happen and it have affects his play some this year.

Pero
05-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Oh man, we HAVE to get that last guy, A.Tomic(!) just for his name!
:rollin

:lol yeah but actually that last "c" is a "ch". :)

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok I get that. I thought you meant chemistry issues in the sense that players didn't get along in general or something like that.

No they were mad after get eliminate and this natural. But issue was problems of team not players not get along.

zepn
05-07-2008, 09:16 PM

Dang.

pad300
05-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Consider what spot Siskauskas would be taking: Mike Finley's. Siska is a better shooter, much less prone to streakiness. Siskauskas is massively clutch (Robert Horry/Sam Cassel level!). He's a better passer. He's also a better defender than Finley. I would be very happy with Siskauskas taking Finley's spot. I'd make that trade right now. It would also eliminated the nonsense of Finley at the 4!! Signing him would be an excellent way to shore up the weakest position in our starting 5 (given Manu off the bench). I would be in favour of this signing...

Duncan, Thomas, Oberto, Mahinmi, Splitter, Bonner
Manu, Bowen, Udoka, Barry, Siskauskas, Sanikidze/1st round pick
Parker, Vaughn, LLE free agent

C - Thomas
PF - Duncan
SF - Bowen
SG - Siskauskas
PG - Parker

6th man - Manu

Looks pretty damn good to me...

Streakyshooter08
05-08-2008, 09:23 AM
The only problem I could see with Siskauskas is his quickness. I admit, that I haven't seen him THAT much. At the international tournaments he was great but that was not against NBA competition. His skills and IQ are good enough. If he could defend SG/SFs well, he might be an option.

A funny side note: My coach and friend of mine played with Siskauskas when he was younger. He always took him to practise because he had no car. Now Siskauskas is making milions while my coach played in minor leagues. :)

MONTENEGRINO
05-08-2008, 09:31 AM

Actually, it's '' Ć '' Ante TomiĆ. But, I know you can pronounce it only as a CH. Letter Ć should be pronounced as soft CH, like latinos pronounce name (let's say) Xisco, Xabi, Xavi... Southern Slavs have fonetic alphabet, one letter = one voice. Perfect writting system, we can writte every voice by one letter.

MONTENEGRINO
05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Consider what spot Siskauskas would be taking: Mike Finley's
What!!!??? You're joking, right...

Pero
05-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Actually, it's '' Ć '' Ante TomiĆ. But, I know you can pronounce it only as a CH. Letter Ć should be pronounced as soft CH, like latinos pronounce name (let's say) Xisco, Xabi, Xavi... Southern Slavs have fonetic alphabet, one letter = one voice. Perfect writting system, we can writte every voice by one letter.

Oh I didn't know it was ć.
I'm from Slovenia BTW, so I don't need an explanation how southern Slavic alphabets are. :lol

But in any case I don't hear the difference between č and ć, even though my second last name ends with ć. :lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-08-2008, 11:50 AM
The only problem I could see with Siskauskas is his quickness. I admit, that I haven't seen him THAT much. At the international tournaments he was great but that was not against NBA competition. His skills and IQ are good enough. If he could defend SG/SFs well, he might be an option.

A funny side note: My coach and friend of mine played with Siskauskas when he was younger. He always took him to practise because he had no car. Now Siskauskas is making milions while my coach played in minor leagues. :)

He is slow for NBA.

pad300
05-08-2008, 03:22 PM
What!!!??? You're joking, right...

No. The single weakest spot in our starting 5 is the SG spot - especially now we have Kurt Thomas...

Look at next years roster for the Wing Spots

Under Contract - Manu, Barry, Bowen, Udoka

There are 2 more wing spots available. One will be filled with a veteran for the MLE, which is likely the amount of money Siskauskas will command. The other will very likely be a rookie. The musical chairs game for roster spots at the wing is already over; Barry cheated and stole a seat before the music stopped (although I personally would have taken him over Finley anyway). The roster has shown weakness this year, so there will be a FA signing (Siskauskas or someone else), and we have a 1st round pick to accommodate, not to mention possible 2nd rounders and Sanikidze (who might fit as a long 3).

At the start of next years training camp (assuming of course that Siskauskas comes), given Manu doesn't start, Siskauskas would be the guy who is assumed to start alongside Bowen. He might get outplayed for the position, but currently Udoka surely has not seized the spot (even from Finely - his shooting is just too weak/erratic), Barry & Manu are both comfortable with and productive coming off the bench. Pop is unlikely to want to rely on a rookie for a starting spot if he can help it. Who's left? If Siskauskas signs, he's likely our starting SG next year. Unlike you, I think that this is fine. Siskauskas is a great shooter, and is both willing and smart on D. For CKSA he's their top perimeter option, and is regularly game-planned against in the Euroleague. In the NBA, he will get the opponents 2nd best Perimeter defender (the best will be on Parker or Manu), and be the 3ed offensive option on the floor (1. Tim 2. Parker/Manu 3. Siskauskas); he will be fine with his stroke.... Defensively, he's smart, willing to work, and looks good on a Euro level. Again, he'll be matched up with an opponents 2nd best wing - Bowen on the primary, then Siskauskas. He'll be an upgrade over Finley, whose best days are much behind him...

tav1
05-08-2008, 07:31 PM
No. The single weakest spot in our starting 5 is the SG spot - especially now we have Kurt Thomas...

Look at next years roster for the Wing Spots

Under Contract - Manu, Barry, Bowen, Udoka

There are 2 more wing spots available. One will be filled with a veteran for the MLE, which is likely the amount of money Siskauskas will command. The other will very likely be a rookie. The musical chairs game for roster spots at the wing is already over; Barry cheated and stole a seat before the music stopped (although I personally would have taken him over Finley anyway). The roster has shown weakness this year, so there will be a FA signing (Siskauskas or someone else), and we have a 1st round pick to accommodate, not to mention possible 2nd rounders and Sanikidze (who might fit as a long 3).

At the start of next years training camp (assuming of course that Siskauskas comes), given Manu doesn't start, Siskauskas would be the guy who is assumed to start alongside Bowen. He might get outplayed for the position, but currently Udoka surely has not seized the spot (even from Finely - his shooting is just too weak/erratic), Barry & Manu are both comfortable with and productive coming off the bench. Pop is unlikely to want to rely on a rookie for a starting spot if he can help it. Who's left? If Siskauskas signs, he's likely our starting SG next year. Unlike you, I think that this is fine. Siskauskas is a great shooter, and is both willing and smart on D. For CKSA he's their top perimeter option, and is regularly game-planned against in the Euroleague. In the NBA, he will get the opponents 2nd best Perimeter defender (the best will be on Parker or Manu), and be the 3ed offensive option on the floor (1. Tim 2. Parker/Manu 3. Siskauskas); he will be fine with his stroke.... Defensively, he's smart, willing to work, and looks good on a Euro level. Again, he'll be matched up with an opponents 2nd best wing - Bowen on the primary, then Siskauskas. He'll be an upgrade over Finley, whose best days are much behind him...

Yes, I agree with most of this. The sticking point is the MLE, though. Seems steep for a guy that's never played in this league and might squeeze 20 minutes a game.

pad300
05-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Yes, I agree with most of this. The sticking point is the MLE, though. Seems steep for a guy that's never played in this league and might squeeze 20 minutes a game.

Perhaps - I tend to believe in a free market, which is why I wasn't that peeved about Javtokas not coming over - he got offered more money in Europe and took it. If a guy can get more money in Europe (net), I think he has a perfect right to go get it. Certainly, Siskauskas is getting money in at least the MLE range currently from CKSA. He might even be able to get more than the MLE in Europe; you could look at it as him taking a pay cut to come to the NBA...

As far as 20 minutes per night, well, we were paying Barry that kind of money for the same thing. 21.5, 17.0 21.8 and 17.9 mpg (according to database basketball) for the past 4 seasons. Some people think he was overpaid, whereas I think he took what the market would bear - I can't blame him for that).

tav1
05-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I have no problem with free markets, but note the use of the plural. Market value needs to be contextualized. Really, what Siskauskas will be doing is pitting two distinct free markets against one another, which is his right, but the fact is that his value to San Antonio (or any NBA team) is far less than his value to CSKA, relative to the quality of the leagues. If he makes 5 million in Europe, he probably should make something like 3 or 3.5 in the NBA.

But again, I don't dispute his right to take as much money as he can.

GSH
06-01-2008, 01:12 AM
He was the Euroleague MVP. He just won his second Euroleague title in a row, with two different teams. His contract states that if that happens, he gets a free walk if he wants it. In other words, no buyout. That was there because he wants to come to the NBA. I understand that he's making about 2M Euro. And he's a Spurs/Popovich kind of guy.

He has an extremely high basketball IQ, and works his ass off every minute on the floor. He defends very well. He shoots 40%+ from the 3-point line, and pushes 50% from the floor every year. He's an excellent passer, and he makes good decisions. He can get to the line and knock em down in the 80-85% range. Moscow usually runs a sort of plodding, methodical offense, so he would understand the Spurs game. He has been known to play the 1-4 at various times.

And he can do all that in the Euroleague, where Trajan Langdon was the Finals MVP. Hard to predict how that translates to the NBA. He's almost 30, and his head looks like an acorn with ears.

Okay, the last bit wasn't necessary. You can see why the Spurs would be interested in him. And I can believe that he is interested in the Spurs too. Regardless of what league he is in, he can put the ball through the little ring. He's been a winner and has that fire about his game. He won't get by with playing anything other than a 2 here, unless it's occasional point duty like Brent Barry. But he would defend better than Finley, and damned sure shoot better than Finley did this year.

timvp
06-01-2008, 01:15 AM
This guy is pretty solid. If the NBA FA's don't work out, I wouldn't mind giving him a chunk of the MLE over two years.

Indazone
06-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Considering that you're not getting Splitter, this might be your best option. Although, all the players you guys are targeting so is everyone else.

intlspurshk
06-01-2008, 04:17 AM
He can solve a lot of SPURS problem, shooting, defense, ball movement,...the only issue are his speed and MLE. SPURS don't have any speed in Finley and Barry anyway. I think it's in both parties interest to agree a close to MLE but a short contract, making the 2010 plan possible.

angelbelow
06-01-2008, 04:26 AM
looks like many posters are in agreement that he is a 8-12th man. if thats the case, i would rather go for a year athletic guard via FA or draft. i'll admit i havent seen this man play but i would pass based off statistics.

mystargtr34
06-01-2008, 04:41 AM
Give me JR Smith/Azubuike

Marcus Bryant
06-01-2008, 09:39 AM
This guy is pretty solid. If the NBA FA's don't work out, I wouldn't mind giving him a chunk of the MLE over two years.

We'll see what Europe can do when the Spurs aren't limited to paying a player $700K per season.

Biggems
06-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Omri Casspi, F, Israel
Victor Claver, F, Spain
Serge Ibaka, F, Congo
Joe Ingles, F, Australia
Luc Louves, F, France
Rudy Mbemba, PG, Sweden
Ante Tomic, C, Croatia

Does anyone have any info on the 4 bolded players? I have found data about the others....but those 4, I haven't found anything. In fact, of the 4, Ingles is the only one I have heard of.

The Truth #6
06-01-2008, 11:24 AM
CSKA has one of the richest owners in the world, right? Isn't he an oil billionaire that was pressured into buying the team at the request of Putin?

Even if that's incorrect, this is probably another player using the Spurs Card to boost his value and get a better contract.

TheProfessor
06-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Does anyone have any info on the 4 bolded players? I have found data about the others....but those 4, I haven't found anything. In fact, of the 4, Ingles is the only one I have heard of.
Ingles is a skinny 6'8" SF with potential, but not much else, playing in the Australian league against vastly inferior competition. He's already out of the draft. Louves and Claver might be similar in some physical respects - 6'10ish, lanky combo forwards. Louves is undeveloped as a prospect, while Claver is much further along and highly touted. Each would be stuck between positions in the NBA. Nando is a combo guard who has a knack for scoring and plays consistently, but could lack NBA lateral quickness on the defensive end. I think they'll all drop out in the end.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joe-Ingles-1119/
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Luc-Louves-1393/
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Victor-Claver-336/
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nando-De-Colo-5087/

Mr. Body
06-01-2008, 12:13 PM
He's almost 30, and his head looks like an acorn with ears.

Best description of all times! Sign him up!

Wouldn't this guy command close to or all of the MLE to compete with his current salary?