PDA

View Full Version : Manu’s New Choppers The Key To The Spurs Success?

duncan228
04-02-2008, 05:56 PM
http://www.woai.com/content/sports/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=f3113337-a254-40b7-ab94-e974d3ab0941

Manu’s New Choppers the Key to the Spurs Success?
Reported by: David Chancellor

Manu's new choppers on display! I'm ashamed we ever doubted them. It’s April, and right on cue the Spurs are starting to dominate. They won their eighth straight Tuesday night, and like every title year, they're doing it with defense.

Amazing stats here. The Spurs held Golden State to 92 points; a team that usually puts up 110 a game. In fact, it’s been 37 games since the Warriors have been held to less than 100. That goes all the way back to January 9. And remember - the Spurs held Houston to just 88 on Sunday.

But here’s the key stat for Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich - the Spurs are fifth best in the NBA at opponent’s field goal percentage (45%). It’s all shaping up for a great title run.

“That's it. It always has been. Always will be,” Tim Duncan told SpursZONE.com. ”Defensively, we need to be as solid as possible. For two games in a row we've put together a pretty good effort.”

Maybe it is the defense - or maybe its Manu Ginobili's brand new choppers! If you missed it Tuesday, Manu was telling everybody he got his braces off. I'm not sure there's a real effect "on the court," but Tim Duncan sees big benefits for Manu off it.

“I think it was big for him because he's a big camera guy - obviously. He was at the free throw line. When he did shoot a free throw he took a lot longer than usual because he was standing there smiling a little bit - making sure everybody knew his braces were off. It's good for him,” explained Tim.

I'm sure that's exactly what Coach Pop wants -- more Manu commercials on local TV!

The Spurs are off until Friday when they take on the Jazz in Utah. That’s a tough game. Utah is 33-4 at home.

tp2021
04-02-2008, 06:37 PM
“I think it was big for [Manu] because he's a big camera guy - obviously. He was at the free throw line. When he did shoot a free throw he took a lot longer than usual because he was standing there smiling a little bit - making sure everybody knew his braces were off. It's good for him,” explained Tim.

I just love how Tim picks on Manu like a big brother...It's really great to see.

BlackSwordsMan
04-02-2008, 06:49 PM
forgot he had braces

greens
04-02-2008, 06:51 PM
If anyone wants to see Tim's interview, it's here:
http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/080401.html

I really like Timmy's sense of humor!

timvp
04-02-2008, 07:03 PM
The Spurs wouldn't make the playoffs without Manu's new choppers.

TMTTRIO
04-02-2008, 07:33 PM
actually I was thinking hopefully Manu doesn't loose all his magnets by taking them off :).

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Did someone say that the Chopper is the key to the Spurs' success?

:smokin

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-02-2008, 08:27 PM
:lol

WalterBenitez
04-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Did someone say that the Chopper is the key to the Spurs' success?
:smokin

The secret weapon was unveiled
:bang