PDA

View Full Version : Just a question

manudo22
04-03-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm just asking this question out of curiosity, anyway i was just wondering most of the spurs are family men as far as them having kids. Why do you all think that Manu and his wife haven't had any and they have been married for a long time. Again, just a question!!

ancestron
04-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Manu hates kids.

just kidding. I dont know. Maybe they don't want the stress of children at this point in his career. who knows.

LilMissSPURfect
04-03-2008, 09:49 AM
*refer to the "Mike Ditka couldn't have stopped Manu Thread ***********

G-Nob
04-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Manu and Many are bro and sis

thispego
04-03-2008, 10:03 AM
:lmao

gwidlon
04-03-2008, 10:35 AM
well, he can adopt me ... I am just 34

ChumpDumper
04-03-2008, 10:42 AM
It hasn't even been four years -- not that long.

T Park
04-03-2008, 10:49 AM
ya know, maybe manu and his wife like kids, but just dont want em right now.

Who knows.

Their business, not ours.

hater
04-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Manu did not come to the NBA to have kids

porscha
04-03-2008, 10:54 AM
:lol :lol :lol

nkdlunch
04-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Spurs have 4 beautiful kids, with a 5th one coming:
http://sabaselinebums.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/trophies.jpg

BonnerDynasty
04-03-2008, 11:03 AM
We are all Manu's children.

spurster
04-03-2008, 11:36 AM
We are all Manu's children.
You plagiarized that from the Church of Manu Fan Guide.

Los Spurs
04-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Spurs have 4 beautiful kids, with a 5th one coming:
http://sabaselinebums.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/trophies.jpg

Well said :toast

J.T.
04-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Manu hasn't been married that long and maybe it's just not in their plans to have children right now. Some people don't go straight into babymaking right after they get married. But I hope he has a son though, Parker too, so we can the sons of the Big 3 do it all over again in 20something years.

spursfan09
04-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Maybe because he's always on the road, and would rather wait so he can be there to see them grow up?

Mark in Austin
04-03-2008, 12:34 PM

yeah that was Shawn Kemp.

boutons_
04-03-2008, 12:45 PM
As t_park says, none of our business.

Signor and Signora Manu are both young, as are Monsieur et Madame Tony. Plenty of time.

I doubt Manu's business travel would be the deciding factor, at least because since he can see how his teammates have mixed travel with starting families.

ancestron
04-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Manu hasn't been married that long and maybe it's just not in their plans to have children right now. Some people don't go straight into babymaking right after they get married. But I hope he has a son though, Parker too, so we can the sons of the Big 3 do it all over again in 20something years.

:smokin :spin :fro :downspin:

1Parker1
04-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Did Duncan have a boy this summer? What did they name him (or her)? I never saw anything about his 2nd kid being born.

T Park
04-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Did Duncan have a boy this summer? What did they name him (or her)? I never saw anything about his 2nd kid being born.

Nobody knows the name.

The child was had under a huge veil of secrecy.

Los Spurs
04-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Nobody knows the name.

The child was had under a huge veil of secrecy.

Timmy didn't even want the kids to come out in this years calendar :depressed

Dirk Nowitzki
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
If Duncan needs a babysitter sometime in May, Uncle Dirk Nowitzki could be available. :drunk :drunk

duncan228
04-03-2008, 03:53 PM

His daughter will be 3 in June. Her name has been taken as Sydney, although I've never found anything "official" to even prove that.

His son was born sometime last summer, the guess is late June/early July. Maybe later.
There's been nothing about his name and no pictures except one when he was swaddled up at a game, you couldn't see him.

There's been no official announcement other than Duncan's NBA.com bio says they have 2 children.

Duncan was asked on media day what was harder, training camp or being the father of 2. He said being a father to 2. He also said it was going to be a "mosh pit down there" when his son started to move around. I have the clip. I can't find it now but I will later if anyone wants to see it.

The bottom line is Duncan is ferocious about his privacy when it comes to his family. As a big Duncan fan I try my best to respect that. I was disappointed the kids weren't in the calendar last year but I wasn't surprised.

Shelly
04-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Where is it written that as soon as you get married you have to have kids right away? Or at all?

TMTTRIO
04-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Maybe they're going to wait until he retires from basketball to have kids. She's five years younger than he is so she'll still be young. And if the child is like his dad imagine how hyper his kids are going to be running around everywhere and making them loose their minds :lol. After thinking about that no wonder they're not having any right now :lol.

ClingingMars
04-03-2008, 04:52 PM
curious that Duncan would go to such lengths to conceal his child. I mean, its not like the press would be all over it, with the lack of media coverage he gets.

-Mars

nkdlunch
04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Mr. Longoria's wife ain't no spring chicken

duncan228
04-03-2008, 05:04 PM
curious that Duncan would go to such lengths to conceal his child. I mean, its not like the press would be all over it, with the lack of media coverage he gets.

I don't find it curious at all.

And I think the media would be all over his family if he wasn't so protective about it. We don't get shots of Amy and the kids at games, I figure the Spurs camera guys know that he doesn't want it.

He's been protective of his family privacy since he came into the league. He has been seen with Amy some because of his Foundation (which she runs) but he's never been one to be photographed at clubs.

He lets his game speak for him on the court and he protects his life off the court. He's picky about endorsements, I think he could have more if he wanted to.

Besides, in this day and age any wealthy man's (woman's) child can be a target. Duncan may not get a lot of media attention unless he's raising a Trophy but he's worth millions and you never know what some idiot will decide to do.

ClingingMars
04-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't find it curious at all.

And I think the media would be all over his family if he wasn't so protective about it. We don't get shots of Amy and the kids at games, I figure the Spurs camera guys know that he doesn't want it.

He's been protective of his family privacy since he came into the league. He has been seen with Amy some because of his Foundation (which she runs) but he's never been one to be photographed at clubs.

He lets his game speak for him on the court and he protects his life off the court. He's picky about endorsements, I think he could have more if he wanted to.

Besides, in this day and age any wealthy man's (woman's) child can be a target. Duncan may not get a lot of media attention unless he's raising a Trophy but he's worth millions and you never know what some idiot will decide to do.

very true, but not even releasing the kid's name? strange.

-Mars

duncan228
04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
very true, but not even releasing the kid's name? strange.

Why should he? I'm sure the people in his life know. There's no reason fans need to know. If you know a kids name and you approach them, the kid thinks you're not a "stranger" because you know his name.

I assume you don't have kids and haven't had to teach them about "stranger danger"...strangers and their lost dogs who ask kids to help them find it. Or the ones who say "Your mommy sent me to pick you up." Knowing a kids name can be an invite to danger.

ClingingMars
04-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Why should he? I'm sure the people in his life know. There's no reason fans need to know. If you know a kids name and you approach them, the kid thinks you're not a "stranger" because you know his name.

I assume you don't have kids and haven't had to teach them about "stranger danger"...strangers and their lost dogs who ask kids to help them find it. Or the ones who say "Your mommy sent me to pick you up." Knowing a kids name can be an invite to danger.

ah...no I do not have kids, a bit more to go in life for me for that. but eh, its timmehs decision :)

-Mars

Shelly
04-03-2008, 05:20 PM
In all fairness...the only wife they ever show is Eva 99.9% of the time and that's mostly on the national broadcast.