PDA

View Full Version : Machete!!!!

peewee's lovechild
04-03-2008, 11:29 AM
At Indiana's Horrorhound convention this past weekend, Danny Trejo was in attendance and said that the planned "Grindhouse" spin-off feature "Machete" is still in the works.

He tells JoBlo that "He said that they were going to start up again in April and that everyone should harass Robert Rodriguez and Troublemaker Studios to get it done faster."

He also told Bloody Disgusting that Robert Rodriguez was directing as well as producing, and that Dimension was eyeballing the probable direct-to-DVD property as a trilogy.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080401p.php

MoSpur
04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
My dad had an employee who went by the name of Machete.

Heath Ledger
04-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I sell machete's including a rambo 4 machete.

DarkReign
04-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I think both Grindhouse movies sucked.

But thats me.

RashoFan
04-03-2008, 11:34 PM
I am watching a movie right now on Sci Fi and there is a cameo of Danny "Machete" Trejo.

PakiDan
04-04-2008, 10:12 AM

But thats me.

I loved them.

BacktoBasics
04-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Death Proof was ok but Planet Terror was a lot better.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-04-2008, 11:08 AM

But thats me.i felt the same. the only good thing was the blond in death proof. i wish i could get those 3 hours back in my life.

monosylab1k
04-04-2008, 11:14 AM
the only good thing about Grindhouse was Mary Elizabeth Winstead in the cheerleader outfit.

monosylab1k
08-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Quite the cast for this movie.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/take5.html

1. The Big Surprise - 'Machete': Weirdest Cast Ever?

It started as a joke, but one of the fake trailers from 2008's "Grindhouse" is becoming a real movie. Robert Rodriguez, the director of "Desperado," "Sin City" and the "Spy Kids" trilogy, has begun work on "Machete," which began as a preview that ran before his "Planet Terror" segment of the double-feature he made with Quentin Tarantino.

For the full-length movie, Rodriguez has assembled one of the most eclectic casts ever: Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Steven Seagal, Michelle Rodriguez, Don Johnson and Lindsay Lohan. They will join the stars of the original trailer: Danny Trejo, Jeff Fahey and Cheech Marin.

In the movie, Machete (Trejo), a former Mexican Federales, is hired to assassinate a corrupt senator (De Niro). But then he is double-crossed and pursued by a government agent (Alba). Lohan plays a gun-wielding socialite who comes to Machete's aid, and Seagal plays a drug lord from his past. Filming has already begun in Austin, TX, and it will most likely hit theaters next year.

CuckingFunt
08-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Quite the cast for this movie.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/take5.html

Still hasn't quite out-casted The Expendables (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/), but impressive none the less.

Strike
08-11-2009, 06:27 PM

But thats me.

The movies on their own were good in my opinion. The pseudo-grindhouse experience was the deal maker for me. With the previews, "missing reels", "poor quality film", and the fact that it opened on my birthday made the whole thing awesome for me.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Austin is the shitty movie capital of the world.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Speaking of Grindhouse...I rewatched the movie with Kurt Russell as the crazy car driver guy...did not remember a single scene or anything other than the overall plot. And no, not because of pot, but because it was so fucking forgettable and blase. How horrible was this one (death proof?) compared to the psuedo-zombie movie?

And that one masculine black chick that says fuck every other word almost makes you want to throw the dvd out the window. I like to cuss like a sailor, but that was a little too much.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I tried to watch Death Proof, but all the foot fetish camera shots got distracting. I think you can actually hear Quentin masturbating offscreen at one point.