PDA

View Full Version : In 30-40 years, we'll all be cannibals

DarrinS
04-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Ted Turner on the Charlie Rose Show, referring to what will happen if we don't take action on global warming.

"Not doing it will be catastrophic. We'll be eight degrees hotter in ten, not ten but 30 or 40 years and basically none of the crops will grow. Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals. Civilization will have broken down. The few people left will be living in a failed state, like Somalia or Sudan."

WTF?

Since the world is going to end soon (Al Gore's new webshite (http://www.wecansolveit.org/) ), may I suggest that you stock up on meat tenderizer and various seasonings.

Personally, I prefer my human prepared with a dry rub.

You'll probably want to choose the ones that lived a more sedentary lifestyle. The meat from the athletic ones is a little too tough.

boutons_
04-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Ted is getting as senile as McCain. Both are way, way past their "Use By" dates.

The US has wasted 8 years under the Repugs. I really think there are enough people who don't want 4 more years wasted under McCain.

DarrinS
04-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Ted is getting as senile as McCain. Both are way, way past their "Use By" dates.

The US has wasted 8 years under the Repugs. I really think there are enough people who don't want 4 more years wasted under McCain.

Anyone who believes in global warming doomsday scenarios is crazy, so I agree with you.

PixelPusher
04-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm gonna stick with my Zinfandel recommendation.

jacobdrj
04-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Dark Angel... life goes on...

smeagol
04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
How did this wacko make all that money?

I know . . . junk bonds!

SAGambler
04-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Be it global warming or a collision with a giant asteroid, the truth is someday mankind will be wiped from the face of the earth just like the dinosaurs.

BonnerDynasty
04-03-2008, 08:15 PM
I bet whoever is feeding this bored senile rich guy his lines is really loving life right about now.

I kind of hope the zombie Armageddon comes first though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I bet whoever is feeding this bored senile rich guy his lines is really loving life right about now.

I kind of hope the zombie Armageddon comes first though.

It's probably the same person who gave Hillary the idea to propose that a dollar tax be added to the price of a gallon of fuel to fund alternative schools and vocational study for anyone who doesn't go to college :lol

ClingingMars
04-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm siding with Newt Gingrich, we conservatives should declare independence from the Republican party and form our own party.

-Mars

PEP
04-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Brains, Brains......

Nbadan
04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Corn rationing may be a reality this year...

Corn hits a new record — $6 a bushel

At the end of February, I blogged on a Fortune article that had the sub-head, “The ethanol boom is running out of gas as corn prices spike.” That article noted:

Spurred by an ethanol plant construction binge, corn prices have gone stratospheric, soaring from below $2 a bushel in 2006 to over $5.25 a bushel today. As a result, it’s become difficult for ethanol plants to make a healthy profit, even with oil at $100 a barrel.

Just six weeks later, we have an AP article with the subhead: “Corn Prices Jump to Record $6 a Bushel, Driving Up Costs for Food, Alternative Energy.”

And it gets worse:

Worldwide demand for corn to feed livestock and to make biofuel is putting enormous pressure on global supply. And with the U.S. expected to plant less corn, the supply shortage will only worsen. The U.S. Department of Agriculture projected that farmers will plant 86 million acres of corn in 2008, an 8 percent drop from last year….

Climate Progress (http://climateprogress.org/2008/04/03/corn-hits-a-new-record-6-a-bushel/#more-2571)

I think we will destroy each other long before we cannibalize each other...

Nbadan
04-03-2008, 09:59 PM
By the way, Ted Turners prediction isn't new, it is called the Gaia theory and it was produced by a Climate change expert named James Lovelock, of which no one on this board can match credentials...

We're all doomed! 40 years from global catastrophe - and there's NOTHING we can do about it, says climate change expert (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=541748&in_page_id=1)

ChuckD
04-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm gonna stick with my Zinfandel recommendation.
Dude, people are red meat, and require a red wine. Perhaps a nice chianti, with some fava beans...

shelshor
04-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Dude, people are red meat, and require a red wine. Perhaps a nice chianti, with some fava beans...
So do we use the Zinfandel for Soylent Green?