PDA

View Full Version : Foot Injury Ends Shawn Marion's Season

duncan228
04-03-2008, 04:54 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/04/03/marion.heat.ap/index.html

Foot injury ends Marion's season

MIAMI (AP) -- Miami Heat forward Shawn Marion will miss the final seven games of the season because of a left foot injury.

Marion has been sidelined with back spasms that forced him to sit out 11 of the past 12 games. He will undergo treatment and will not be able to participate in basketball activity for about 30 days.

Marion appeared in 16 games for Miami after being acquired in early February as part of the trade that sent Shaquille O'Neal to the Phoenix Suns.

Marion becomes another in the long line of Heat players out for the season with injuries, a list that includes Dwyane Wade, Alonzo Mourning and Dorell Wright, all of whom have knee problems.

Marion can choose to become a free agent after the season.

The Heat have the NBA's worst record, 13-62, and are just 5-42 since Christmas.

DaDakota
04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Uh, sure they aren't in tank mode.

DD

Crookshanks
04-03-2008, 05:06 PM
They're tanking big time! And none of these "star" players wants to be on the court during the game-time whippings. They're cowards with no heart.

JamStone
04-03-2008, 05:16 PM
They should sit Chris Quinn for the rest of the season too. He's been playing too good.

Xylus
04-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Shawn Marion is indestructible, so this injury is bogus. There's no way this guy stays with the Heat.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Shawn Marion is indestructible, so this injury is bogus. There's no way this guy stays with the Heat.

:toast

Xylus
04-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Seriously, this is the first time in Marion's career that he hasn't played 83 games in the regular season.

mystargtr34
04-03-2008, 08:24 PM
What a joke... so blatant aswell.... hopefull they fall to the 5th pick in the Lottery

The Nba Is Rigged
04-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Seriously, this is the first time in Marion's career that he hasn't played 83 games in the regular season.

They are just tanking hard imo,I hate the whole fucking Miami cheat organization anyway and I hate that bastard D-fake the most. I was sad when Marion said he was going to go there because I hate those dudes. Well at least he can chill with his wife in the hot weather...

Phil Hellmuth
04-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Can they investigate this? Sure you can't question whether someone has pain, but the proof is the pudding!

coldsweat
04-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Can they investigate this? Sure you can't question whether someone has pain, but the proof is the pudding!

I think the problem with an investigation is that players will play though pain and injuries, and players have different thresholds for how much pain they will play through. I believe that Shawn Marion is feeling pain, but it is nothing that would prevent him from playing and he wouldn't have shut himself down unless he received the order from the organization.

Whisky Dog
04-03-2008, 08:56 PM

Now that's an investigation I'd love to see...

{NBA Investigator on phone with David Stern while hiding in a tree outside of Marion's house}:

"David, that fucker Marion is walking around just fine. I knew that son of a bitch was faking!!!"

mojorizen7
04-03-2008, 09:39 PM
"Yaknowhati'msayin?"

Heath Ledger
04-03-2008, 09:46 PM
They are just shelving him, this reeks of bullshit. I bet the season ticket holders are jumping off of rooftops right now, imagine the torture of going to a Heat game right now.

ChuckD
04-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Miami is a quitter organization from Riley on down. I hope they get dry fucked in the lottery.

JackArse
04-03-2008, 10:18 PM

man, if anyone played in 83 games in the regular season.. that would be amazing.

heh.

honestly, when the tanking is this blatant, they should either have to forfeit their 1st rd pick, or have it as the last pick.

i mean, they're not even disguising it.
riley going on scouting trips during games instead of.. oh.. doing what coaches do. COACH.
marion has barely been hurt, EVER, and now he's been out for almost 3 months now?

ElNono
04-03-2008, 10:19 PM
What a tough break for Miami, first DWade, and now Marion gets injured...

:rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
04-03-2008, 11:08 PM
It wasn't his foot, his ass got sprained due to the chronic kicking it received

BillsCarnage
04-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Funny.. Just the other day i was wondering if Marion was even playing anymore...

Borosai
04-04-2008, 01:56 AM
They will get the 4th pick in the draft.

N4th4n
04-04-2008, 04:56 AM
They will get the 4th pick in the draft.

They fucking better!

Obstructed_View
04-04-2008, 05:07 AM
Michael Jordan should call them and tell them he wants his number unretired because he doesn't want to be associated with such a bunch of losers.

sribb43
04-04-2008, 08:48 AM
For a guy that never missed games as a Sun....Everyone one board the Miami Heat Tank Job. I think Chris Quinn has been playing to well and might win a game for the Heat, so Riley better put him on the inactive list

Cry Havoc
04-04-2008, 08:58 AM
You know, looking ahead, if the Heat get the first pick of the draft and add some depth, they're going to have a pretty great (and young) front three to rebuild around. With a big man and a couple of role players, they'll be contenders again in the East.

ChuckD
04-04-2008, 08:41 PM
You know, looking ahead, if the Heat get the first pick of the draft and add some depth, they're going to have a pretty great (and young) front three to rebuild around. With a big man and a couple of role players, they'll be contenders again in the East.
I hope you're not considering Marion one of the young front three. He'll be 30 next season, and people would be marveling at how old he was if he were a Spur.

JackArse
04-05-2008, 12:50 AM
and he was already losing some of his athleticism this year, course with all this time off, who knows.

mojorizen7
04-05-2008, 03:04 AM
I hope you're not considering Marion one of the young front three. He'll be 30 next season, and people would be marveling at how old he was if he were a Spur.
Marion's a young 30.