PDA

View Full Version : The Roots playing in San Antonio Block Party on Friday for Free

Phil Hellmuth
04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
you lucky bastards, you guys should go see them. They are great live. They got it all, a dope MC, instruments, and great sound.

http://www.sacurrent.com/music/story.asp?id=68510

Once you get over the odd fact that March Madness actually culminates in the first week of April, the notion of SA hosting the Final Four is pretty awesome. Rabid partisans will surely spend this weekend debating the relative skills of UCLA super frosh Kevin Love and Memphis senior powerhouse Joey Dorsey, leaving the rest of us free to ponder the Final Four Big Dance, with four days of wildly eclectic, free musical offerings downtown, on South Alamo Street, between Market and Durango.

The Friday Block Party kicks off at 6 p.m. with pop-rock band Ludo setting the stage for Philly hip-hop veterans The Roots and irreverent rockers Fall Out Boy. Saturday’s Pontiac Garage opens with a noon set from Puddle of Mudd, followed by performances from Kid Rock and Meridianwest. Sunday’s show includes early sets by local heroes Sexto Sol and Ruben V, leading up to All American Rejects and 3 Doors Down, while the Texas theme continues on Monday with The Krayolas, Bob Schneider, Robert Earl Keen, and Mingo Fishtrap building anticipation for the NCAA Championship Game. While we’d love to see ?uestlove vs. Pete Wentz in a three-point-shooting contest, we’ll take what we can get.

Phil Hellmuth
04-03-2008, 06:53 PM
http://www.ncaamarchmadness2008.com/mens/attblockparty.aspx

9PM is the time the Roots are playing. I would only go for the food and that.

Fillmoe
04-03-2008, 06:56 PM
i was hoping it said san francisco when i seen this from the main page... LOL

atxrocker
04-03-2008, 07:03 PM
shit i may have to make the trip

Jules
04-03-2008, 07:08 PM
The Roots are one of the best live acts to grace the stage... check it by all means!

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Damn when I first read this I thought you said the Roots and Bloc Party and I was thinking fuck yeah im there. I am however due for another Roots show, its been a few years since I have seen them.

pjohn78
04-04-2008, 09:25 AM
I'll be there....its going to be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Phil Hellmuth
04-04-2008, 10:24 AM
I'll be there....its going to be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

let me know how it goes and what songs they played.

atxrocker
04-04-2008, 10:40 AM
i'm off today and seriously considering making a road trip to check this out. i'd imagine there are gonna be tons of people out today.

ATRAIN
04-04-2008, 10:51 AM
i'm off today and seriously considering making a road trip to check this out. i'd imagine there are gonna be tons of people out today.

Hey man the Roots are playing in Austin too.

atxrocker
04-04-2008, 10:54 AM
when? doubt they're going to play for free. it would just be a good short road trip to make to check them out and the city should be pretty crunk since they're hosting the final 4.

monosylab1k
04-04-2008, 10:57 AM
The Roots are definitely one of the best live bands I've ever seen. The last time they played in Dallas, Erykah Badu came out and sang You Got Me. It was pretty sweet.

atxrocker
04-04-2008, 04:09 PM
is anyone going to this? i think i'm gonna go but need to know exactly where the show is going to take place and good parking ideas. anyone gonna be there know?

jackiel1219
04-05-2008, 01:27 AM
The Roots are going to be playing a free show at UT today. I think it's at 7 on the main mall