View Full Version : Edwards would not accept VP offer

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-04-2008, 10:52 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23954395/

Edwards would not accept VP nomination
Declines to say whether he would endorse Clinton or Obama
Reuters
updated 8:37 a.m. CT, Fri., April. 4, 2008

LAS VEGAS - Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards said on Thursday he would not accept the nomination for U.S. vice president as he did four years ago.

Edwards, a former senator from North Carolina, dropped out of the 2008 race that is still being contested by the two remaining Democrats, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, to see who represents the party in the Nov. 4 general election.

Edwards was picked as running mate with Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry in 2004 but the two were defeated when President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney were re-elected.

After his keynote speech at CTIA, the annual U.S. wireless industry showcase, Edwards was asked in a question-and-answer session if he would accept the nomination for vice president.

"No," said Edwards, who also declined to say whether he would endorse Clinton or Obama.

Edwards dropped out of the presidential race after finishing third behind Obama and Clinton in key early nominating states.

Copyright 2008 Reuters. Click for restrictions.

Don Quixote
04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Ah ... c'mon Edwards! You'd be a great running mate!

I hope he reconsiders.

JoeChalupa
04-05-2008, 08:48 AM
He won't and he knows he has NO chance of getting a VP slot anyhow.

MannyIsGod
04-05-2008, 09:56 AM
He won't and he knows he has NO chance of getting a VP slot anyhow.In other news MannyIsGod will also NOT accept the VP nomination.

I mean we both had about the same chances for it.

xrayzebra
04-05-2008, 10:02 AM
John Edwards, who is he?

Don Quixote
04-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Ah, cmon Edwards! I wish he would reconsider ...

Nbadan
04-06-2008, 11:54 PM
...in other words, no one's offering...