PDA

View Full Version : Hornets first team in the West to clinch playoff berth tonight

Princess Pimp
04-04-2008, 12:32 PM
A combination of a Horntes win (tonight vs Knicks done deal!) and a Warriors loss (tonight vs. Grizzlies unlikely) The Hornets will clinch a playoff berth and become the first team to do so.

If the Spurs win tonight (very unlikely) they also would clinch berth but they won't

ducks
04-04-2008, 12:36 PM
boston clinched along time ago

Princess Pimp
04-04-2008, 12:37 PM
boston clinched along time ago

And who's talking about Boston ? :dizzy

I'm talking about the West dimwit!

Fillmoe
04-04-2008, 12:37 PM
bostons in the west?

ducks
04-04-2008, 12:38 PM
bostons in the west?
did he say east or west

Princess Pimp
04-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm talking about the West morons!

honestfool84
04-04-2008, 12:44 PM
you should work on your title.

it is not correct in the least bit.

the spurs have a better chance of clinching first because they themselves will decide if they clinch or not.

the hornets, on the other hand, need for another team to lose, which you yourself said was unlikely.

FromWayDowntown
04-04-2008, 12:47 PM
If the Warriors lose tonight, the Spurs clinch a playoff birth, too.

Duncanoypi
04-04-2008, 12:48 PM
ducks is correct...there's no west in the thread title...objection your honor!

BlackSwordsMan
04-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Suns clinched 5th place. Congrats

FromWayDowntown
04-04-2008, 12:50 PM
In fact, if you buy nba.com's nifty numbers (here (http://www.nba.com/features/2008_nifty_numbers.html))depending on the outcomes of tonight's games, as many as 5 teams could clinch playoff births in one evening.

The Hornets, Spurs, and Lakers all have magic numbers of 1. If any of those teams win tonight (NY @ NOH, SA @ UTH, DAL @ LAL), they're in. If Golden State loses tonight at Memphis, all three are in, too.

If Golden State loses tonight and the Jazz beat the Spurs, the Jazz will also clinch a playoff birth.

If Golden State loses tonight and the Rockets win in Seattle, the Rockets will be in as well.

FromWayDowntown
04-04-2008, 12:51 PM
the hornets, on the other hand, need for another team to lose, which you yourself said was unlikely.

The Hornets clinch with a win tonight, too.

Princess Pimp
04-04-2008, 12:54 PM
The Spurs are not going to win tonight and I'm willing to put all of my vbookie money on it.

The Warriors have lost 2 in a row, I don't think they would lose again tonight.

So The Spurs won't clinch tonight sorry!

FromWayDowntown
04-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm willing to put all of my vbookie money on it.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91068

Hmmm, an opportunity to put your v-money where your big v-mouth is -- except, of course, that you didn't put all of your vbookie money on it at all. In fact, you didn't even bother to put half of your v-bookie money on it.

I'm willing to put some small fraction of my vbookie money on it.

FIFY.

Chicken.

smeagol
04-04-2008, 12:59 PM
The Spurs are not going to win tonight and I'm willing to put all of my vbookie money on it.

Why do you still have $800 vbucks, you fucking moron . . . ?

BlackSwordsMan
04-04-2008, 01:01 PM

bet me nude pics of you

Obstructed_View
04-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Nice to see Princess is as honest as it is knowledgable. Bet less than half.

duncan228
04-04-2008, 01:10 PM
...depending on the outcomes of tonight's games, as many as 5 teams could clinch playoff births in one evening.

Damn.
I don't remember a race this tight. Do you FWD?

ancestron
04-04-2008, 01:10 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/loser.gif

honestfool84
04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
bet me nude pics of you

eww.
phoenix infested p*ssy.
eww.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-04-2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91068

Hmmm, an opportunity to put your v-money where your big v-mouth is -- except, of course, that you didn't put all of your vbookie money on it at all. In fact, you didn't even bother to put half of your v-bookie money on it.

FIFY.

Chicken.

PP just likes to stir the pot even when he/she has no idea what he/she is talking about.

PrincessPimp is a perfect screen name for this guy/girl. PussyGangsta would be another appropriate title. The GutlessBrawler. The WeakenedWarrior. <-my personal favorite.

hater
04-04-2008, 03:38 PM
PrincesPimp first real life chicken to post in the WWW tonight

jag
04-04-2008, 03:39 PM
bet me nude pics of you

:lmao

FromWayDowntown
04-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Damn.
I don't remember a race this tight. Do you FWD?

I certainly can't remember a time when we were a week into April without a single team in one conference having clinched a playoff birth. I'm pretty comfortable with the idea that the West race in 2007-08 is historically unprecedented.

FromWayDowntown
04-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I am interested to note, as an aside, that we don't seem to have a single true Hornets fan in our midst. If I've missed someone, my apologies. I just think it's really unfortunate, because I'm sure that the excitement of being a Hornets fan right now is at about the highest level of giddy that a fan can have during the regular season. It would be fun to read the thoughts of someone who is feeling that excitement.

ChumpDumper
04-04-2008, 04:02 PM
louis got owned by ducks.

anakha
04-04-2008, 04:09 PM
louis got owned by ducks.

The snow must be piling up in Hell tonight.

Princess Pimp
04-05-2008, 01:55 AM

Right on the MONEY!

Princess Pimp
04-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Can someone explain to me why the Lakers clinched berth while having the same record than the Spurs and the Spurs haven't clinched yet

anakha
04-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Can someone explain to me why the Lakers clinched berth while having the same record than the Spurs and the Spurs haven't clinched yet

So you're asking for help from the very same board you were gloating over just one post ago? Classic. :lmao

Allanon
04-05-2008, 03:58 AM

Spurs haven't clinched yet because Warriors own the tiebreaker against Spurs. If Warriors win every single game and Spurs lose every single game, both teams would be tied record wise. And since GSW owns the tiebreaker, Spurs would be out of the Playoffs with an identical record. The next Spurs win or Warriors loss and the Spurs will clinch a spot.

Lakers on the otherhand own the tiebreaker with the Warriors...you can figure out the rest :D