PDA

View Full Version : Doctor shot in stone oak

Pages : 1 [2]

Los Spurs
04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Can't believe this thread is at it's 10th page :pctoss

BacktoBasics
04-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Yea, but from what I understand about your POV, familly is numero 1. Which means it supercedes money, training etc - because the mere possbiltiy of losing your life an leaving familly behind isn't worth the money or any of the factors (like training) that make the possibility of this happening less likely.

I'm saying that if eveyone thought that way, we'd have no cops, firemen, soldiers etc.
I'm not saying I'd never be a cop. My family is #1 but if it paid 180k to be a cop the reward might out weigh the risk in the long and I'd have the peace of mind of knowing that yes its a risky job but there is protocol and I have backup, weapons, training to help support myself in crisis.

Now unless my immeadiate family is being attacked in any way shape or form it isn't worth it to me to involve myself in others affairs.

My theory doesn't so much apply to the workforce for those people the reward is worth it and as it stands right now with the current pay scale its not worth it to me. Just like its not worth the aggrivation of being a teacher.

mrsmaalox
04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Can't believe this thread is at it's 10th page :pctoss
See? That's the way it works around here. If a volatile thread is started, the place is immediately "polarized" into 3 camps: the good guys, the bad guys, and the in betweens. If you look back to Friday, these 3 groups have been chasing each other around in a big circle; making the same points and arguments over and over again! The only thing that changes are the names of the participants! :lol

tlongII
04-07-2008, 05:32 PM
My personal opinion is that people choose not to get involved merely because they are chicken-shit. Not because of a fear of leaving their family fatherless/husbandless.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm not saying I'd never be a cop. My family is #1 but if it paid 180k to be a cop the reward might out weigh the risk in the long and I'd have the peace of mind of knowing that yes its a risky job but there is protocol and I have backup, weapons, training to help support myself in crisis.

Now unless my immeadiate family is being attacked in any way shape or form it isn't worth it to me to involve myself in others affairs.

My theory doesn't so much apply to the workforce for those people the reward is worth it and as it stands right now with the current pay scale its not worth it to me. Just like its not worth the aggrivation of being a teacher.

EDIT: Nevermind read what you said incorrectly.

With you saying that, then I can safely say that if everyone took your POV we'd be in deep shit as a society. Thankfully, Not everyone is expecting a great (monitary) reward, but just the fact that they are happy with themselves knowing that what they are doing is the right thing to do, which is protecting other people.

King
04-07-2008, 05:51 PM
My personal opinion is that people choose not to get involved merely because they are chicken-shit. Not because of a fear of leaving their family fatherless/husbandless.

My personal opinion is that it's really easy to say you'd get involved and go in guns-a-blazin' when you're in the comfort of your own house. It's also my personal opinion that most of the people who say that have never been in a situation that called for it - regardless of whatever heroic story they're making up.

Human nature is to not get involved. It's called the Kitty Genovese Syndrome.

I don't think anyone in here is saying they wouldn't do ANYthing. I think most people would call 911. I have bigger things to worry about, and that's me and mine. There's a reason that domestic disturbances are the most volatile calls police get. I'm sorry, though, I'm not marching up and getting right in the middle of it. And chances are, neither are you, so save the BS machismo chivalrous intervention story.

tlongII
04-07-2008, 06:12 PM
My personal opinion is that it's really easy to say you'd get involved and go in guns-a-blazin' when you're in the comfort of your own house. It's also my personal opinion that most of the people who say that have never been in a situation that called for it - regardless of whatever heroic story they're making up.

I don't think anyone in here is saying they wouldn't do ANYthing. I think most people would call 911. I have bigger things to worry about, and that's me and mine. There's a reason that domestic disturbances are the most volatile calls police get. I'm sorry, though, I'm not marching up and getting right in the middle of it. And chances are, neither are you, so save the BS machismo chivalrous intervention story.

It depends on the situation. If I conclude that the odds are in my favor then I would get involved.

ChuckD
04-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Comparing the atrocities of war with not wanting to get killed while two people are having it out is a stupid ass bullshit statement.
It's micro and macro versions of the same thing.

td4mvp21
04-07-2008, 07:14 PM
It depends on the situation. If I conclude that the odds are in my favor then I would get involved.

How are you even going to have to time to do that in the heat of the moment? By the time you decide the situation would most likely be over. It comes down to acting quick and most of the time people aren't going to act at all (probably just a call to police). It's either do it or don't. It's not "let me weigh out the situation". Most of the time you're stuck just watching.

ChuckD
04-07-2008, 07:18 PM
How are you even going to have to time to do that in the heat of the moment? By the time you decide the situation would most likely be over. It comes down to acting quick and most of the time people aren't going to act at all (probably just a call to police). It's either do it or don't. It's not "let me weigh out the situation". Most of the time you're stuck just watching.
Oh, come on. If you saw Sequ (foolishly) wailing on Pseudo, you EASILY step in.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-07-2008, 09:24 PM
It's micro and macro versions of the same thing.

If I thought just a little bit before (instead of letting my emotions decide before me - this is a touchy issue with me and i tend to yell a lot and make no sense when debating things about the holocaust) - I would have seen that they are not the same, and that as a matter of fact B2B and Peewee were right.

The magnitude of war atrocities is not the same as the magnitude of one/two/three people dying.

If it were true that wasr atrocities were of the same magnitude as a single person dying you'd have to say the same thing for the converse of that statment, which is that one person dying is the same thing as millions of people dying, which is retarded.

And I'm done with all of the the rest of this. What is right and what is wrong is all a matter of opinion. No point in arguing that.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 08:04 AM
It depends on the situation. If I conclude that the odds are in my favor then I would get involved.so now you're backtracking from your chicken shit statement

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 08:07 AM
EDIT: Nevermind read what you said incorrectly.

With you saying that, then I can safely say that if everyone took your POV we'd be in deep shit as a society. Thankfully, Not everyone is expecting a great (monitary) reward, but just the fact that they are happy with themselves knowing that what they are doing is the right thing to do, which is protecting other people.I would certainly agree with that. Because for most people the monitary reward doesn't fit the risk. In my opinion its not even close. I for one am greatful that we have men and women that lay it out on the line whether thats for the average paycheck or the love of doing it.

SequSpur
04-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Oh, come on. If you saw Sequ (foolishly) wailing on Pseudo, you EASILY step in.

:wtf

FortuneCookie
04-08-2008, 08:37 AM
“There is no greater love than this. There is no greater gift that can ever be given. To be willing to die, so another might live -- there is no greater lover than this.” ~Steven Curtis Chapman

Lucky Numbers: 11, 14, 27, 33, 47, 49

tlongII
04-08-2008, 11:33 AM

Only takes a second.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 11:34 AM
so now you're backtracking from your chicken shit statement

No. I still think you're a chicken shit.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 12:20 PM
No. I still think you're a chicken shit.Even though you made an asshole statement and tracked shit all over yourself by backpeddling with

You and I are saying the same thing only you're just looking to be a sarcastic asshole and get a rise out of people. Same shit I was accused of 8 pages ago.

So basically you're copying me. I'm flattered. Better late than never I guess.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Even though you made an asshole statement and tracked shit all over yourself by backpeddling with

You and I are saying the same thing only you're just looking to be a sarcastic asshole and get a rise out of people. Same shit I was accused of 8 pages ago.

So basically you're copying me. I'm flattered. Better late than never I guess.

Shirley. You can't be serious.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Shirley. You can't be serious.Its your line of bullshit you spewed. One minute you're all of mankinds hero calling people or myself a chicken shit for thinking of my family and my own personal well being first only to double back all over yourself by stating

which is exactly what I said. That it'd be a judgement call. So you just ran a full circle around yourself while insulting others. I'm sure you'll huff and puff and do what you always do when you get up on your pedestal and toss an insult or two and try to pompously make yourself out to be some kind of well rounded know-it-all bafoon but I'm just pointing out the inconsistancies in your arrogant insults directed at me.

Countdown to your one liner exit strategy starting now...

MannyIsGod
04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
When I called Midge a puss it was when he said he saw a girl get punched in the face by a guy and didn't even bother to call the cops because he was afraid of what might happen. Thats a SERIOUS lack of balls.

I'm not expecting anyone to run and try to dive in front of a bullet for a perfect stranger. If someone sees a gun out then unless you're packing and you know how to use it you're probably going to make the situation worse by doing anything "heroic".

I also don't expect someone to risk getting themselves killed in a car explosion the way B2B layed out. You do what you can when there is a risk of death involved and you most definetly owe it to your family before anyone else.

There's huge differences between those situations and not even wanting to call the cops.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Surely you can do better than Sirley

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 01:10 PM
When I called Midge a puss it was when he said he saw a girl get punched in the face by a guy and didn't even bother to call the cops because he was afraid of what might happen. Thats a SERIOUS lack of balls.

I'm not expecting anyone to run and try to dive in front of a bullet for a perfect stranger. If someone sees a gun out then unless you're packing and you know how to use it you're probably going to make the situation worse by doing anything "heroic".

I also don't expect someone to risk getting themselves killed in a car explosion the way B2B layed out. You do what you can when there is a risk of death involved and you most definetly owe it to your family before anyone else.

There's huge differences between those situations and not even wanting to call the cops.Agreed. The least you can do is dial 911 I don't think thats too much to ask for in most situations.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Its your line of bullshit you spewed. One minute you're all of mankinds hero calling people or myself a chicken shit for thinking of my family and my own personal well being first only to double back all over yourself by stating

which is exactly what I said. That it'd be a judgement call. So you just ran a full circle around yourself while insulting others. I'm sure you'll huff and puff and do what you always do when you get up on your pedestal and toss an insult or two and try to pompously make yourself out to be some kind of well rounded know-it-all bafoon but I'm just pointing out the inconsistancies in your arrogant insults directed at me.

Countdown to your one liner exit strategy starting now...

As usual, you are full of shit. You said you would never get involved. That is not the same. Just face it, you are a chicken shit.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 01:24 PM
As usual, you are full of shit. You said you would never get involved. That is not the same. Just face it, you are a chicken shit.Most confrontations I steer clear of. I stated previously if a child was involved I'd likely intervene. I cited examples of times I rendered aide and a time where I backed off fearing the worst. I guess it makes you happy to call me full of shit, maybe it makes you feel superior to me, I don't know but its pretty fucking weak and feable of you.

I've at least given examples of my stance where as all you did was puff your chest and beat it pompously like the arrogant asshole that you've always been. Its not my fault that you contradicted yourself in this thread, I quoted it and pointed it out point blank. If your only response to that is hurl an insult at me than you're pretty fucking pathetic.

Until you address the fact that you walked all over your own idiotic fucking statement I'm done with you. Go ahead and keep avoiding your own stupidy by insulting others. Hopefully that works for you in real life, you'll need it.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Most confrontations I steer clear of. I stated previously if a child was involved I'd likely intervene. I cited examples of times I rendered aide and a time where I backed off fearing the worst. I guess it makes you happy to call me full of shit, maybe it makes you feel superior to me, I don't know but its pretty fucking weak and feable of you.

I've at least given examples of my stance where as all you did was puff your chest and beat it pompously like the arrogant asshole that you've always been. Its not my fault that you contradicted yourself in this thread, I quoted it and pointed it out point blank. If your only response to that is hurl an insult at me than you're pretty fucking pathetic.

Until you address the fact that you walked all over your own idiotic fucking statement I'm done with you. Go ahead and keep avoiding your own stupidy by insulting others. Hopefully that works for you in real life, you'll need it.

I never contradicted myself. That is all in your vivid imagination. You may have given examples where you would intervene in a situation long after your original statement of non-interference, but by that time it is far too late.

Opinionater
04-08-2008, 01:37 PM
IMHO, if more people would get involved and report crimes and help the police in investigations it would cut down on unsolved crimes. It pisses me off when there is a shooting with dozens of witnesses yet "I didn't see anything" if what they'll say. It is when something happens to your family that all of a sudden we want everyone to cooperate.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Most confrontations I steer clear of. I stated previously if a child was involved I'd likely intervene. I cited examples of times I rendered aide and a time where I backed off fearing the worst. I guess it makes you happy to call me full of shit, maybe it makes you feel superior to me, I don't know but its pretty fucking weak and feable of you.

It's hard to argue with a guy who changes what he says half the time.

For instance, way back in this thread you said "that maybe you'd help a child" if he/she was in a situation that called for help.

Now, though, it's "likely".

And not to mention your complete denial of the story about fuckng with some dude's insulin being true.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I never contradicted myself. That is all in your vivid imagination. You may have given examples where you would intervene in a situation long after your original statement of non-interference, but by that time it is far too late.I fucking quoted you. How in the fuck did I imagine a qoute? You said it.

Those are your words

I never denied saying I wouldn't get involved. I also elaborated on that later yes. You however dropped your superhero act on everyone because you wanted to feel high and mighty to compensate for your lack of manhood and self esteem I suppose. You're a pompous egotistically asshole with some kind of complex about himself. Then you pussied out and dropped the line I quoted above. You're just the kind of guy that talks a big game but hides under the table shiting himself until the bad guys leave.

I'm not buying any of your shit until you put the fucking tights and cape on and be a real hero.

MrChug
04-08-2008, 01:39 PM
No...he's right, you're a chickenshit.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 01:43 PM
It's hard to argue with a guy who changes what he says half the time.

For instance, way back in this thread you said "that maybe you'd help a child" if he/she was in a situation that called for help.

Now, though, it's "likely".

And not to mention your complete denial of the story about fuckng with some dude's insulin being true.If you can't identify a troll job I'm sorry. Most people got the joke. You didn't get it and I'm sorry. Just not your type of humor.

We can play semantics thats fine. He'll just have to admit he was as vague as I was and bury his fucking hero god complex because he elaborated as well. As a matter of fact to me its more about his line of bullshit because he refuses to admit he's shit all over himself. I'll however admit that my thoughts on the whole situation developed a bit as this thread has grown. I know he didn't read the whole thread, he just jumped in and mouthed off to feel big and powerful.

I got drilled pretty hard until a bunch of other people caught onto the thread and agreed. Then we get the chest bangers coming in to make their mark.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 01:44 PM
No...he's right, you're a chickenshit.
awww more drinks tossed from the gallery where all the little kiddies are hiding.

CheezWiz
04-08-2008, 01:50 PM
B2B breaks out the troll card. :lmao

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 01:52 PM
B2B breaks out the troll card. :lmao
I seriously could not believe that there were people who took that thread for face value. Have these people never roamed the internet before.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I fucking quoted you. How in the fuck did I imagine a qoute? You said it.

Those are your words

I never denied saying I wouldn't get involved. I also elaborated on that later yes. You however dropped your superhero act on everyone because you wanted to feel high and mighty to compensate for your lack of manhood and self esteem I suppose. You're a pompous egotistically asshole with some kind of complex about himself. Then you pussied out and dropped the line I quoted above. You're just the kind of guy that talks a big game but hides under the table shiting himself until the bad guys leave.

I'm not buying any of your shit until you put the fucking tights and cape on and be a real hero.

I said...

What exactly am I contradicting with that statement?

tlongII
04-08-2008, 02:06 PM
If you can't identify a troll job I'm sorry. Most people got the joke. You didn't get it and I'm sorry. Just not your type of humor.

We can play semantics thats fine. He'll just have to admit he was as vague as I was and bury his fucking hero god complex because he elaborated as well. As a matter of fact to me its more about his line of bullshit because he refuses to admit he's shit all over himself. I'll however admit that my thoughts on the whole situation developed a bit as this thread has grown. I know he didn't read the whole thread, he just jumped in and mouthed off to feel big and powerful.
I got drilled pretty hard until a bunch of other people caught onto the thread and agreed. Then we get the chest bangers coming in to make their mark.

I don't need to mouth off to feel big and powerful. I already know that.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 02:11 PM
So which is it? Are you picking and chosing your battles...chicken shit theory, or are you going to play hero and jump in and save the day?

According to you people who mind their business are chicken shit? So which line do you stand on.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-08-2008, 02:17 PM
I stated before in this thread that unless you have sufficient evidence that a guys has a gun, then go in there and break it up or try to. Seeing chick getting hit and standing back is a pussy-ass thing to do, if you know the guy doesn't have a gun. If the guy is showing that he he has a gun, I agree with tlong - at the point you're just going to excacerbate the situation (if you're not armed), so just call the cops.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
But, maybe you're just a pussy who doesn't know how to throw a knockout punch to the head, B2B.

And if that's the case, maybe my logic doesn't apply to you.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 02:26 PM
But, maybe you're just a pussy who doesn't know how to throw a knockout punch to the head, B2B.

And if that's the case, maybe my logic doesn't apply to you.Guns aren't the only things that kill people. Its not entirely about losing your life either. Lose an eye, the use of your hands and legs. I knew a guy in highschool that got jumped out in a field off Blanco road. They chased him from the theatre there. Beat him with a tiny little bat and he was veggie ever since. Anything can happen in a fight.

Your logic definately fails to apply to me. I'm not this worlds protector, I'm my own and my families. You guys are mostly full of shit and all talk anyway. Easy to talk big and you guys love sucking yourselves off.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-08-2008, 02:32 PM
wow. who needs soap operas

2Blonde
04-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I was a little freaked out when I first heard the report because my doctor is a female internist in her early 40's who is in a clinic in the building right next door. I had to look up her address to make sure it was a different building. I was supposed to go over there that afternoon to pick up a prescription but was feeling too lazy so I decided to let it go til Monday.

It's so sad.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Guns aren't the only things that kill people. Its not entirely about losing your life either. Lose an eye, the use of your hands and legs. I knew a guy in highschool that got jumped out in a field off Blanco road. They chased him from the theatre there. Beat him with a tiny little bat and he was veggie ever since. Anything can happen in a fight.

Your logic definately fails to apply to me. I'm not this worlds protector, I'm my own and my families. You guys are mostly full of shit and all talk anyway. Easy to talk big and you guys love sucking yourselves off.

Unfortunately I do not have that ability.

The Meltdown
04-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Is B2B reaching his melting point? He's going for the gay smack now.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Guns aren't the only things that kill people. Its not entirely about losing your life either. Lose an eye, the use of your hands and legs. I knew a guy in highschool that got jumped out in a field off Blanco road. They chased him from the theatre there. Beat him with a tiny little bat and he was veggie ever since. Anything can happen in a fight.

You're analogy doesn't apply to what I said. The hypothetical that we're talking about involved one dude, not several. If it's several or more, I don't expect anyone to be Bruce Lee.

You're distorting what I'm trying to say.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 03:13 PM
You're analogy doesn't apply to what I said. The hypothetical that we're talking about involved one dude, not several. If it's several or more, I don't expect anyone to be Bruce Lee.

You're distorting what I'm trying to say.It wasn't a hypothetic associated with what you're saying. It was an example to showcase that damage can happen in more ways than just a gun.

You don't know where the knife, shank or two finger eye ball jab is hiding.

Anyways I'm bored with this thread. What should we argue about next?

tlongII
04-08-2008, 03:15 PM
It wasn't a hypothetic associated with what you're saying. It was an example to showcase that damage can happen in more ways than just a gun.

Of course you are. :smokin

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Of course you are. :smokinWe can carry on if you like I really don't care.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Remember in high school when two teams' fans would shout out across a football field "We've got spirit, yes we do, we've got spirit...how 'bout you?!!"

And they'd go back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth, and then it would melt down to "WE'VE GOT MORE....WE'VE GOT MORE...WE'VE GOT MORE!!"

And this would go on for what seemed like an eternity until it would finally dwindle down to just a select few people cheering.

And when one teams' fans would finally stop, the smattering few people left who actually cared would cheer and point and laugh while the other 98.5% of the people could really care less.

Personally I would start drinking heavily on about the first "spirit"...and I was on the field playing.

This is kinda like that.

I've been drinking since this thread started.

mrsmaalox
04-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Well ya'll can argue forever (day 5 now) about what someone should/would/wouldn't do in such a situation, but I really think for most people, their reaction is just a reflex. It happens or doesn't, automatically. When they talk to civilians who run into burning buildings, or jump into rivers to save people, they always say they never thought about the danger, their safety, etc. They just did it. Granted there are a few glory hounds who want to be heroes, but it's not likely they would risk their lives. That would require someone to stop and ponder the situation, and there is rarely enough time to do that.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Remember in high school when two teams' fans would shout out across a football field "We've got spirit, yes we do, we've got spirit...how 'bout you?!!"

And they'd go back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth, and then it would melt down to "WE'VE GOT MORE....WE'VE GOT MORE...WE'VE GOT MORE!!"

And this would go on for what seemed like an eternity until it would finally dwindle down to just a select few people cheering.

And when one teams' fans would finally stop, the smattering few people left who actually cared would cheer and point and laugh while the other 98.5% of the people could really care less.

Personally I would start drinking heavily on about the first "spirit"...and I was on the field playing.

This is kinda like that.

I've been drinking since this thread started.

Yep...

Richard Cranium
04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
We can carry on if you like I really don't care.

Sure you do.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-08-2008, 04:03 PM
It wasn't a hypothetic associated with what you're saying. It was an example to showcase that damage can happen in more ways than just a gun.

Whatever.

You're still arguing from the assumtion that there are extenuating circumstances - guy had a thing for a girl, and he came with the intent to kill her.

It is unlikely that any of the two people arguing would have a gun if it was just a random argument or scuffle that took place. I'd say it is even more unlikely when it is in relatively wealthy part of town.

What happened was an abberation, imo. How often do you hear of this shit happening? Never.

Richard Cranium
04-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Whatever.

You're still arguing from the assumtion that there are extenuating circumstances - guy had a thing for a girl, and he came with the intent to kill her.

It is unlikely that any of the two people arguing would have a gun if it was just a random argument or scuffle that took place. I'd say it is even more unlikely when it is in relatively wealthy part of town.

What happened was an abberation, imo. How often do you hear of this shit happening? Never.

Just 'cause you don't hear about it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Being wealthy don't matter to the grim reaper.

family
04-08-2008, 04:39 PM
I mean no harm here. Everyone has the right of free speech. However, Dr. Abbott's family is large. Some of the remarks posted here are harsh and painful to read. Many family members are searching the internet for closure and details about the man that took their sibling's life. The crime committed last Friday in Stone Oak is rare. Dr. Abbott dedicated her life to helping others. Facts are worthwhile, however judging what happened with only vague details is not helpful...only passing the time.

Richard Cranium
04-08-2008, 04:43 PM
I mean no harm here. Everyone has the right of free speech. However, Dr. Abbott's family is large. Some of the remarks posted here are harsh and painful to read. Many family members are searching the internet for closure and details about the man that took their sibling's life. The crime committed last Friday in Stone Oak is rare. Dr. Abbott dedicated her life to helping others. Facts are worthwhile, however judging what happened with only vague details is not helpful...only passing the time.

And passing the time is what most do on the internet. Not meaning no harm mind you.

tlongII
04-08-2008, 04:46 PM

My condolences.

BacktoBasics
04-08-2008, 04:54 PM
:eject:

Los Spurs
04-08-2008, 05:04 PM
DAMN!!!!!! 12 pages later and B2B and TlongII are still at it :ihit

:wakeup

Kori Ellis
04-08-2008, 05:09 PM

Condolences to her family and friends.

lil'mo
04-08-2008, 05:25 PM
:eject:
:lmao

smeagol
04-08-2008, 08:40 PM
No matter how you dress it up, running away from the sort of situations stated in this thread (a man hitting a woman, a man hitting a child, etc) is not the right thing to do. It is the selfish thing to do.

IMO, very few people can say without a shred of doubt, how they would react in such a situation (I include myself in this category of people), but to say that you have to walk away from these situations is coward and selfish. There is no way around it.

King
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM

Condolences to you and yours. I had the pleasure of knowing Dr. Abbott, although not as well as many, and she was an amazing woman. That's indicative of how many people showed up at her funeral. I don't want you to take the comments in this thread as anything about her. It has completely gone away from anything really even having to do with the case and turned into a discussion on a generic hypothetical situation.

That said, please know you have our condolences - the world, and especially San Antonio, lost a great woman.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 08:35 AM
If everyone in the United States took your point of view there would be no cops, no firemen, no soldiers.

If everyone said "I'm not going to intervene because my familly is the #1 priority", we'd let whatever threatens us w/ death blow right by without giving a shit.

This proves how much of an idiot you are.

Cops, firemen, and soldiers . . . they all sign up for that job.

They know the risks. They get paid for it.

I'm not volunteering myslef to possibly get killed by intervening in someone else's shit.

You're just a stupid shit.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 08:37 AM
They're making the neccessary sacrifices (familly) to help others. bottom line.

the only diff is they are willing to sacrifice and others are not.

They GET PAID to do it, you idiot.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 08:55 AM

I agree with you, King.

mrsmaalox
04-09-2008, 09:09 AM

I'm not volunteering myslef to possibly get killed by intervening in someone else's shit.

You forgot to add that they are majorly trained, and thus extremely skilled at handling these kind of situations. Not really a job for your average Joe.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 09:10 AM
You forgot to add that they are majorly trained, and thus extremely skilled at handling these kind of situations. Not really a job for your average Joe.

Our resident Rambo doesn't seem to think that should factor in.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-09-2008, 09:16 AM

Dude, I said if everyone took his point of view (that you'd need a damn big reward to do what firemen, police, soldiers do) then we'd have no public servents and we'd be in deep shit as society.

What's so difficult to understand?

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Dude, I said if everyone took his point of view (that you'd need a damn big reward to do what firemen, police, soldiers do) then we'd have no public servents and we'd be in deep shit as society.

What's so difficult to understand?

His point of view is that he has no training whatsoever.
He's not going to get involved because he'll likely get killed because he doesn't know the first thing about fighting someone with a weapon.

Firemen, police, soldiers . . . they all get trained and PAID.

By the way, are you a fireman? A policeman? A soldier?

Because, if you're neither of these, and you're as brave as you say you are . . . well then, you're just talking a lot of shit.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-09-2008, 09:22 AM
They GET PAID to do it, you idiot.

But they are still sacrificing are they not? They are sacrificing never being a able to there familly again when they put on their uniform. It's something most people would not to for what they get paid.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 09:25 AM
But they are still sacrificing are they not? They are sacrificing never being a able to there familly again when they put on their uniform. It's something most people would not to for what they get paid.

They made a consicous decision.

They know the game.

And, if they are happy with it, so be it.

But, I'm not going to put my life on the line, and my family's future well being, for someone that I have absolutely no connections with. I'll just call 9-11.

That's what the cops are for.

However, if it's my family that's being threatened, you bet your ass that I'm going to defend them to my last breath.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-09-2008, 09:32 AM
For example, whenever you get into a car and go on the highway there a chance you could die. You risk never being a able to see your familly just to go to your job, or a movie, or wherever, but you make the neccessary sacrfices to go.

My grandmother wouldn't drive, not because she didn't know how, but because she was scared/paranoid she would crash and never be able to see her familly again.

It's the same thing. The potential of death is everywhere, and some people are able to make sacrifices for what in realitythey think is a small reward compared to their familly.

At some point we're all putting money before our familly/life.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-09-2008, 09:42 AM
They made a consicous decision.

They know the game.

And, if they are happy with it, so be it.

But, I'm not going to put my life on the line, and my family's future well being, for someone that I have absolutely no connections with. I'll just call 9-11.

That's what the cops are for.

However, if it's my family that's being threatened, you bet your ass that I'm going to defend them to my last breath.

Exactly, that's what they're for. And are they not putting your safety and your well being in front of their own/familly?

The reality is YOU become the priortiy, and they become secondary.

If no one did this we'd have no public servents, which is something you said I was stupid for saying.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 09:48 AM
For example, whenever you get into a car and go on the highway there a chance you could die. You risk never being a able to see your familly just to go to your job, or a movie, or wherever, but you make the neccessary sacrfices to go.

My grandmother wouldn't drive, not because she didn't know how, but because she was scared/paranoid she would crash and never be able to see her familly again.

It's the same thing. The potential of death is everywhere, and some people are able to make sacrifices for what in realitythey think is a small reward compared to their familly.

At some point we're all putting money before our familly/life.

Dude.
Seriously?

This is your argument?

Damn, I don't even have to counter this.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-09-2008, 09:51 AM
I also love who you call everyone stupid/faggot every other insult.

You know you wouldn't dare say anything like that to anyobdy in real life, because, after all, familly IS first, and you wouldn't want to start a pointless fight that could potentially get you killed.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Exactly, that's what they're for. And are they not putting your safety and your well being in front of their own/familly?

The reality is YOU become the priortiy, and they become secondary.

If no one did this we'd have no public servents, which is something you said I was stupid for saying.

Fine, I'll give you that.

But, once again, they are trained and paid to do this.

98% of America is not trained to do any of that, and they are not paid to do any of that.

But, you still consider them to be pussies.

It must be great to be you.

By the way, when are you going to sign up to help the poor, defenseless people of Iraq and Afganistan. Surely a heroic, Rambo-like person such as yourself would have already done that.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Fine, I'll give you that.

This is what I've been trying to argue this whole time YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 09:56 AM
I also love who you call everyone stupid/faggot every other insult.

You know you wouldn't dare say anything like that to anyobdy in real life, because, after all, familly IS first, and you wouldn't want to start a pointless fight that could potentially get you killed.

Yea, this all makes sense.

Me arguing with people on the internet is the exact same thing as intervening in a fight between two complete strangers where one of them, if not both of them, is probably packing heat.

It all makes sense.

BacktoBasics
04-09-2008, 09:56 AM
The biggest point I can make about the professional aspect of being a public hero is that these guys have put a value on what they do.

If you take away the money and the benefits you'd have next to no fireman, policeman, ambulance drivers and so forth. Its a risk yes but for those people they feel its either adaquate conpensation for the risk or the compensation plus the love for doing it out weigh the risk.

Take the money out of the equation and you have a shit load less hero's

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 09:58 AM
This is what I've been trying to argue this whole time YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

No, you idiot, you've been arguing that to not interven is to be a pussy.

Do I really have to go back and quote where you've said that over and over again?

By the way, answer my previous question:

Are you a cop, fireman, or soldier?

Ronaldo McDonald
04-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Yea, this all makes sense.

Me arguing with people on the internet is the exact same thing as intervening in a fight between two complete strangers where one of them, if not both of them, is probably packing heat.

It all makes sense.

You really are an idiot.

You are presuming that there are extenuating circumstances. There are none. The hypothetical is it is just a random agrument you encounter, not one where a guy had gun with the intent to kill you beforehand.

And:

So you are saying you've never querrelled with anyone in real life?

Ronaldo McDonald
04-09-2008, 10:11 AM
No, you idiot, you've been arguing that to not interven is to be a pussy.

Do I really have to go back and quote where you've said that over and over again?

By the way, answer my previous question:

Are you a cop, fireman, or soldier?

My argument was the the first post you quoted. I answered back, adn you just arely figure thfuck out waht I've been fucking saying this whole god damn fcuking time you faggot piece of shit idiot cocksucking whore

Ronaldo McDonald
04-09-2008, 10:12 AM
By the way I just wanted to see how badass it must feel like to be you.

I figured maybe i'd orgasm or something.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:26 AM
You are presuming that there are extenuating circumstances.

A smart man always will.

There are none. The hypothetical is it is just a random agrument you encounter, not one where a guy had gun with the intent to kill you beforehand.

And:

So you are saying you've never querrelled with anyone in real life?

You're assuming that they don't have a weapon.

Who's smarter, someone who will dive into an altercation that doesn't involve him thinking that no one has a weapon, or the guy who is cautious and calls the cops to intervene?

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:27 AM
My argument was the the first post you quoted. I answered back, adn you just arely figure thfuck out waht I've been fucking saying this whole god damn fcuking time you faggot piece of shit idiot cocksucking whore

So, you didn't say that?

You didn't say that it's pussy not to get involved?

Oh, and you still haven't answered my previous question.
I wonder why.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:28 AM
By the way I just wanted to see how badass it must feel like to be you.

I figured maybe i'd orgasm or something.

I'm glad you got it out of your system.

Now, go out and intervene in arguments, my super hero friend.

smeagol
04-09-2008, 10:38 AM
So, to the people who say they should never intervene in one of these situations, what if it was you child was being beaten up to death by a stranger, and you know other grown men were at the scene but decided not to stop the beating because, you know, God forbid you go out of your way to help others . . .

How the fuck would you feel if your kid was pemanently injured or dead becuase of the beating?

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:47 AM
So, to the people who say they should never intervene in one of these situations, what if it was you child was being beaten up to death by a stranger, and you know other grown men were at the scene but decided not to stop the beating because, you know, God forbid you go out of your way to help others . . .

How the fuck would you feel if your kid was pemanently injured or dead becuase of the beating?

That's already been covered.

Melmart brought it up.
Go back a few pages.

But, would you seriously spend all your energy blaming people who could've intervened instead of concentrating on the person who actually did it?

JoeChalupa
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM

I'd be one pissed off dude!! :cuss I'd be shocked if anyone wouldn't be. Sounds like a natural response to me. But there is no law that says one must "intervene" in such situations and even if there was it wouldn't do anything and couldn't really be prosecuted.

JoeChalupa
04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
That's already been covered.

Melmart brought it up.
Go back a few pages.

But, would you seriously spend all your energy blaming people who could've intervened instead of concentrating on the person who actually did it?

I wouldn't "blame" them. I'd hope their own conscious is doing that.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't "blame" them. I'd hope their own conscious is doing that.

That's right.

I'd be going after the person who actually did it.

smeagol
04-09-2008, 10:53 AM

Irrelevant to the point I'm making.

And you did not answer the question.

smeagol
04-09-2008, 10:55 AM
But there is no law that says one must "intervene" in such situations

True. No human law.

On the other hand, there is a moral law.

And given that you are a Christian, there is a Higher Law.

smeagol
04-09-2008, 10:56 AM

That is beyond discussion and irrelevant with regards to the topic of the thread.

smeagol
04-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I'd be one pissed off dude!! :cuss

If you'd be pissed off, then those witnesses that did not intervene did something wrong, I would pressume.

Otherwise, you would not be pissed off at them.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Irrelevant to the point I'm making.

And you did not answer the question.

I did answer the question.

I wouldn't be pissed at them.
I'd be pissed at the person who commited the crime.

I plainly stated that.

And, it is relevant.
Why spend time and energy on people who had nothing to do with the crime instead of the actual person who commited the crime?

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:58 AM
That is beyond discussion and irrelevant with regards to the topic of the thread.

No it's not.

Why blame people who had nothing to do with the crime?

Why?

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:59 AM
If you'd be pissed off, then those witnesses that did not intervene did something wrong, I would pressume.

I think he meant, and I'm assuming here, that he would be pissed off at the person who commited the crime.

smeagol
04-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't be pissed at them.

You would not be pissed at the person who could've stopped the murder of your child?

Ok :rolleyes

Why spend time and energy on people who had nothing to do with the crime instead of the actual person who commited the crime?

When did I ever say that?

Melmart1
04-09-2008, 11:07 AM
That's right.

What do you mean, "going after?"

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 11:12 AM
You would not be pissed at the person who could've stopped the murder of your child?

Ok :rolleyes

First of all, you don't know that they could've stopped it.

Secondly, I would spend all my energy making sure that the person who did it got what he deserved.

When did I ever say that?

You seem to be spending a lot of time trying to blame others for what they could've done instead of placing the blame on the one person who actually commited the crime.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
What do you mean, "going after?"

As I've said before, I would protect my family until my dying breath.

If someone hurt my child, I will make sure they hurt ten times worse.

smeagol
04-09-2008, 11:38 AM
No it's not.

It is. We are not discussing to what degree the man who actually kills the victim is guilty. That is pretty obvious and beyond all discussion.

Why blame people who had nothing to do with the crime?

Again, it is obviously a different kind of "blame". One that can not be prosecuted.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Again, it is obviously a different kind of "blame". One that can not be prosecuted.

But, you're still placing blame.

Why is it so important for you to place blame?

Why can't you focus on the person who actually commited the crime?

smeagol
04-09-2008, 11:54 AM
First of all, you don't know that they could've stopped it.

I don't know for sure. What I do know, is that if they try, they have a chance of succeeding. If they stand pat, there is no chance.

Secondly, I would spend all my energy making sure that the person who did it got what he deserved.

I would too.

You seem to be spending a lot of time trying to blame others for what they could've done instead of placing the blame on the one person who actually commited the crime.

No, I'm not. I'm trying to make a point of why the right thing to do in these situations is to intervene.

Unless you know the aggressor has a gun/knife/etc, the right thing to do is to try to stop him.

It is also the most difficult thing to do.

CuckingFunt
04-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Have either of you ever had the chance to intervene in a potentially dangerous situation?

Have either of you ever had a loved one harmed in a situation in which someone else could have intervened?

If the answer to either/both of those questions is no, then this whole argument is moot. Neither of you could possibly know what you'd do or who you'd blame until it actually happens.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Have either of you ever had the chance to intervene in a potentially dangerous situation?

Have either of you ever had a loved one harmed in a situation in which someone else could have intervened?

If the answer to either/both of those questions is no, then this whole argument is moot. Neither of you could possibly know what you'd do or who you'd blame until it actually happens.

Where I come from, this kind of stuff happens all the time.

I've seen what happens to someone who butts into someone else's business.

I've had family members hurt by other people. We took care of it, though.

CuckingFunt
04-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Where I come from, this kind of stuff happens all the time.

I've seen what happens to someone who butts into someone else's business.

I've had family members hurt by other people. We took care of it, though.That doesn't really address either of the questions in my post, but... whatever.

I've already stated in this thread that I can understand and respect both the instinct to help someone in need, and the instinct to protect yourself (especially in the interest of taking care of your own family). I just think it's difficult for any of us to say, definitively, without question, that we know exactly what we would do without ever having been placed in this situation.

Melmart1
04-09-2008, 12:38 PM
As I've said before, I would protect my family until my dying breath.

If someone hurt my child, I will make sure they hurt ten times worse.
So, you are talking vigilantism (sp?).

After you said you have to protect you and yours, you would then proceed to commit a crime that you know could get you in jail or killed?

If you are going to end up dead or in jail anyways, does it matter if it was intervening to save someone or not? The potential result is the same ... your daughter would grow up without a father, yes?

This doesn't make any bit of sense to me.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-09-2008, 12:54 PM
http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

BacktoBasics
04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpgI hate agreeing with you

smeagol
04-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Why can't you focus on the person who actually commited the crime?

Because that is not what's been discussed.

But, you're still placing blame.

Because I believe they are a guilty party too. On a much, much different level, to the point nobody on Earth will be able to punish them.

Why is it so important for you to place blame?

The wrong approach in these situations is look to the other way.

smeagol
04-09-2008, 01:04 PM

I refer you to my first post on this thread. I have bolded the answer to your question.

No matter how you dress it up, running away from the sort of situations stated in this thread (a man hitting a woman, a man hitting a child, etc) is not the right thing to do. It is the selfish thing to do.

IMO, very few people can say without a shred of doubt, how they would react in such a situation (I include myself in this category of people), but to say that you have to walk away from these situations is coward and selfish. There is no way around it.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 01:06 PM
So, you are talking vigilantism (sp?).

After you said you have to protect you and yours, you would then proceed to commit a crime that you know could get you in jail or killed?

If you are going to end up dead or in jail anyways, does it matter if it was intervening to save someone or not? The potential result is the same ... your daughter would grow up without a father, yes?

This doesn't make any bit of sense to me.

When it comes to my family, my daughter especially, I would put my life on the line, as I've stated before.

But, to do it for some random person I have no connection to, I wouldn't do it.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Because I believe they are a guilty party too. On a much, much different level, to the point nobody on Earth will be able to punish them.

I just don't see where it is written that we have to lay our lives on the line for complete strangers.

The wrong approach in these situations is look to the other way.

Would you feel the same if they call the cops?
At least they would be doing something.

smeagol
04-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I just don't see where it is written that we have to lay our lives on the line for complete strangers.

Deep in your heart.

Would you feel the same if they call the cops?
At least they would be doing something.

That is the minimum that should be done in such a situation.

Nevertheless, time is of the essence in these situations and calling the cops might not be enough.

Melmart1
04-09-2008, 02:28 PM
When it comes to my family, my daughter especially, I would put my life on the line, as I've stated before.

But, to do it for some random person I have no connection to, I wouldn't do it.
But you also said you didn't want her growing up without a father ...

CuckingFunt
04-09-2008, 02:28 PM
I refer you to my first post on this thread. I have bolded the answer to your question.All the more reason that your self-righteous position in this thread seems so overblown and out of place. Your very first comment on the subject includes an acknowledgement that you don't really know how you'd act in the situation, yet you still spend the next several pages asserting that you know, absolutely, the right way to act? Doesn't quite add up.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 02:32 PM
But you also said you didn't want her growing up without a father ...

Yes, I did say that.

But, if you read my post I said that I wasn't willing to orphan my child by intervening in someone else's business.

I've said, and still maintain, that if my family's life is in danger, especially my child, I would put my life on the line.

I've said it over and over again.

Kori Ellis
04-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Cucking Funt is right. Absolutely no one knows how they will act in a crisis situation until the crisis actually happens. I *think* that if a child were in danger, I'd do anything to stop it. But I have no idea to know if that's true, unless it were to happen. I do know that if I saw anyone in danger, I would call the police though. And I think there are a lot of situations that I would intervene. But who knows.

This is not the same situation, but a long time ago. I found a kid wandering at the mall - a toddler. I took him to the security area and I waited for the parents to arrive. I waited for almost 2 hours. The mom walked in finally and took the kids hand and said, "Oh thanks" and turned to walk away.

I was like .. Oh my gosh, she isn't even worried or caring or anything. So I snatched the kid back. And I said, "That's it? You weren't worried?" and she said, "It's no big deal, he always wanders off. Don't worry about it." Mind you, I was at a mall in Los Angeles.

I went crazy and told her she was an unfit mom. (How the hell can you not care your baby was missing for 2 hours.) She admitted that she hadn't "noticed" he was gone until 30 minutes ago because she was trying on clothes. A major argument ensued and I refused to give her the kid back - security was holding us apart and there was scuffling. :lmao

I told them to call the police because I wanted to file something with child protective services or something. She wanted to charge me with kidnapping. It got ugly and the police came. I filed a report with CPS. It later came out that she left her kids alone at home during the day for hours at a time (2 kids under 5).

But anyway, I am rambling now but I'm glad I didn't mind my own business. I guess that was my point.

ploto
04-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I have different but related questions.

Do you step into the middle of two men who are fighting? What is the difference?

What if the woman is the perpetrator and the man is the victim- what about then?

JoeChalupa
04-09-2008, 05:10 PM

Yes, I'd be pissed off because I am a parent and I'd, as Peewee stated, would give my life for my kids and the fact that there were people around who did not help would piss me off. But what I'm trying to say is that while I may think they should have done something I can't really blame them since I don't know their circumstances. I have no idea how I would react in the face of danger of a split second decision.
I do think that more often than not a person reacts instinctively and doesn't have time to think until afterwards and that is when they themselves may go into shock and say to themselves, "what the hell was I thinking!? I could have died!?!?".
Just like the Petty Officer who won the Medal of Honor for jumping on a grenade to save his comrades even though he had a family back home. His actions were instinctive and make him a true hero.
We simply don't know.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Awesomeness.

Most of you don't even stop to help someone with a flat tire or car trouble, but you're going to put your life on the line for the same people?

Sure.

tlongII
04-09-2008, 05:55 PM
I have different but related questions.

Do you step into the middle of two men who are fighting? What is the difference?

What if the woman is the perpetrator and the man is the victim- what about then?

I have done just that. One of them had a metal wrench too. Of course I was a lot younger then...

JoeChalupa
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Awesomeness.

Most of you don't even stop to help someone with a flat tire or car trouble, but you're going to put your life on the line for the same people?

Sure.

Big difference. Not even a comparison but I can see what you are trying to say.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Awesomeness.

Sure.

No shit.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I have done just that. One of them had a metal wrench too. Of course I was a lot younger then...

You're a badass.

jcrod
04-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Its easy to say what you would do.

No one truly knows until it happens.

romsho
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Cucking Funt is right. Absolutely no one knows how they will act in a crisis situation until the crisis actually happens. I *think* that if a child were in danger, I'd do anything to stop it. But I have no idea to know if that's true, unless it were to happen. I do know that if I saw anyone in danger, I would call the police though. And I think there are a lot of situations that I would intervene. But who knows.

This is not the same situation, but a long time ago. I found a kid wandering at the mall - a toddler. I took him to the security area and I waited for the parents to arrive. I waited for almost 2 hours. The mom walked in finally and took the kids hand and said, "Oh thanks" and turned to walk away.

I was like .. Oh my gosh, she isn't even worried or caring or anything. So I snatched the kid back. And I said, "That's it? You weren't worried?" and she said, "It's no big deal, he always wanders off. Don't worry about it." Mind you, I was at a mall in Los Angeles.

I went crazy and told her she was an unfit mom. (How the hell can you not care your baby was missing for 2 hours.) She admitted that she hadn't "noticed" he was gone until 30 minutes ago because she was trying on clothes. A major argument ensued and I refused to give her the kid back - security was holding us apart and there was scuffling. :lmao

I told them to call the police because I wanted to file something with child protective services or something. She wanted to charge me with kidnapping. It got ugly and the police came. I filed a report with CPS. It later came out that she left her kids alone at home during the day for hours at a time (2 kids under 5).

But anyway, I am rambling now but I'm glad I didn't mind my own business. I guess that was my point.

So did they take any action against the mother for leaving her kids? Strange story...the lack of gratitude alone should have been enough of a reason to get pissed. Letting the piece of crap Mom walk would have been a crime.

smeagol
04-09-2008, 10:02 PM
All the more reason that your self-righteous position in this thread seems so overblown and out of place. Your very first comment on the subject includes an acknowledgement that you don't really know how you'd act in the situation, yet you still spend the next several pages asserting that you know, absolutely, the right way to act? Doesn't quite add up.

The fact you don't see it does not mean it does not add up.

There might be situations where you know what the right way to act is but for several reasons, one of them being cowardice, you don't act that way.

Which incidentaly is what is happening here with many posters (including me).

smeagol
04-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Yes, I'd be pissed off because I am a parent and I'd, as Peewee stated, would give my life for my kids and the fact that there were people around who did not help would piss me off.

You see peewee, I was right :lol

peewee's lovechild
04-10-2008, 08:49 AM
You see peewee, I was right :lol

It rarely happens.

Anyway, he followed it up with this:

But what I'm trying to say is that while I may think they should have done something I can't really blame them since I don't know their circumstances.