PDA

View Full Version : Toros trade Anthony Fuqua for Darvin Ham

ChumpDumper
04-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Thunderbirds and Toros Finalize Second Trade of the Season

Albuquerque, N.M., April 4, 2008 – The Albuquerque Thunderbirds acquired 6-11, center Anthony Fuqua in a trade with the Austin Toros. The trade sends forward and first round pick of the 2007 D-League Draft, forward Darvin Ham to the Austin Toros.

Fuqua has spent time in the NBA summer league with the New York Knicks. A graduate of the University of Texas – San Antonio, Fuqua played in 39 games with the Toros this season, averaging 3.1 points per game and 3.0 rebounds.

“In Anthony Fuqua we are getting a long, tall, athletic player that can rebound and run the floor,” Albuquerque Head Coach Jeff Ruland said. “His energy and abilities will help us finish off the season the season strong.”

Ham, who was selected in the first round as the first pick by Albuquerque in the 2007 D-League Draft was averaging 10.1 points in 43 games, heads to Austin.

“Darvin Ham is family man, and the opportunity for him to be closer to his home and family came up, so we helped him by making the trade,” Ruland said. “He was a leader on the team and will be missed the remainder of the season. Austin is in a great position to make the playoffs and will benefit immensely from having a leader like Darvin on the floor for them.”

Fuqua is expected to be in uniform Saturday night, wearing jersey number 41, when Albuquerque takes on the Tulsa 66ers; 7:00pm at Expo Square Pavilion, in Tulsa.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/albuquerque/trade_080404.html

I like Fuqua but he's pretty much reached his potential as a basketball player. He should try to cash in in one of the lower European leagues or Asia. Darvin has been a really solid leader this season and is said to be moving into coaching at some point. This bodes well for the playoff run.

The Toros roster still stands at 10. Like I said before, I hope Jamar Smith is back in the states -- adding him would make the Toros very hard to beat.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-04-2008, 10:51 PM
:tu

xcoriate
04-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Man the toros have made more roster moves this season that the spurs have in the last 5 years combined.

ChumpDumper
04-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I thought they had already reached their limit for roster moves this season. Part of me thinks they did this just to have a better chance of beating Thunderbirds next week. Those guys own us.

timvp
04-05-2008, 12:08 AM
:lol The Toros are working hard for that championship.

Bruno
04-05-2008, 04:52 AM
Fuqua was Toro's third string C after the Nicholson trade. He had 3 DNP CD in the last 3 games. Ham should help Toros at the PF spot for the playoffs.

and banking his FTs is damn pimp. :)

manufor3
04-06-2008, 02:16 PM
how good has this guy been?

ChuckD
04-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Isn't Darvin Ham like 45?

ChumpDumper
04-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Ham is 34 and has been a much more consistent performer than Fuqua or Angounou, though Serge has gotten better lately. I think the Spurs definitely want the Toros to do well in the playoffs and would like to gauge Ham's coaching/player development potential at the same time. Mo McHone does a great job, but he is nearing retirement age.

ChumpDumper
04-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Ham is starting tonight against Colorado -- the internets feed is quite good.

ChumpDumper
04-06-2008, 07:38 PM
:lmao we're getting annihilated. It's like the Jazz game only the meltdown started in the first quarter.

Tigole Bitties
04-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Maybe Darvin can bust a few backboards for the Toros

ChumpDumper
04-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm impressed the Toros are making this a game with Ian in such bad foul trouble. They were down by like 25 in the first quarter, now they are only down 9 going into the fourth.

BIG z
04-06-2008, 09:36 PM
I thought Darvin Ham retired....

Bruno
04-07-2008, 04:11 AM
does he really do that?

Yes, he does.