PDA

View Full Version : I'll say it now and I'll say it again...

remingtonbo2001
04-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Shit happens. Let's move on and be done with it.

Isn't there a number of shitty preformances allowed per year? If so, I think we reached our quota tonight.

I prefer these shit games happen during the regular season rather than the during playoffs.

I believe and so should you! Go Spurs Go!

duncan228
04-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Over it and always in.

remingtonbo2001
04-04-2008, 11:23 PM
I'd expect nothing less from duncan228.

This one was for the PEANUT GALLERY.

Nikos
04-04-2008, 11:26 PM
These type of games are just reminder that the Spurs just aren't a dominant team.

They aren't much better than most of the West teams in regular season terms. And come playoff time they will have an experience advantage and of course chemistry. But it still sucks to see them underachieve in the regular season. On top of it not having homecourt against the Hornets, maybe Lakers ,Suns, and the Celtics sucks.

Spurs are showing chinks in their armor. They simply need to play better to win the title. Right now they haven't done much to make me confident. There certainly is a good possibility they win the West, and might even be the favorites -- but to win the West and beat the Celtics in the finals? My guess is no for right now. Too many good teams to beat, and the Celtics would be a really tough task if they got through the West.

Right now the Celtics look like the best team in the NBA -- and until the playoffs start I just hope the Spurs can win every game and finish 58-24, because homecourt increases their chances of at least making the finals. And from there who knows?

But this game is just a sample of their underachievement -- not exactly the only crappy game they have had. The problem is I can't remember them beating many quality teams with any regularity this season? Hornets outplayed them this year, the Suns beat them recently, Celtics beat them with injuries to key players etc.....

I just want this regular season to end, and the Spurs to get as many wins as possible.

SequSpur
04-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Jazz > Spurs

I'll say it now and I will have to say it again........

T Park
04-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Jazz > Spurs

Just like you said last year after game 3 right?

remingtonbo2001
04-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Jazz > Spurs

Yeah, in 2009.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Even I'm not fretting too much.

Just wasn't our night, and you gotta give props to the Jazz. They played well.

I have no doubt we'll be there when it counts.

td4mvp21
04-04-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm fucking pissed we lost but yeah, no reason to panic. This was a bad night for the Spurs-absolutely nothing went their way. A lot of their shots that they normally make did not fall.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-04-2008, 11:43 PM
I liked a lot of what I saw in the defense in the first half. That's what I'm really looking this time of year. Things fell apart in the second half, but the ability to play suffocating defense is obviously still there.

Also, in regards to the Spurs not beating quality teams, I think that is a little bit exaggerated. Our W-L against +.500 teams could definitely be better, I agree, but I also think that in regards to head to head matchups with the other elite teams of the west, we have nothing to hang our heads about.

We still have a chance to tie the season series with the Jazz and Suns (with both games being home games), and We're up on the season series with the Lakers and Mavs (won against the Mavs), while remaining tied with NO (although they would be a tough matchup in the playoffs)

Would the Spurs beat the Celtics if the playoffs started today? Hell no, but do they have the potential to get there and are they on the right track towards championship basketball? Absolutely.

DarrinS
04-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Pop threw in the towel pretty early.

Fuck it. Let's move on. We've been there, done that.

:wakeup

DarrinS
04-04-2008, 11:47 PM
By the way, you have to give it up to the Jazz. They played some pretty damned good basketball. We just didn't have it tonight.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-04-2008, 11:48 PM
I love Sloan's use of the motion offense for the Jazz.

They have the unique ability of being able to push the ball and get over 100 ppg easily, while still being incredibly tough to defend in the half-court offense.

DarrinS
04-05-2008, 12:03 AM
I love Sloan's use of the motion offense for the Jazz.

They have the unique ability of being able to push the ball and get over 100 ppg easily, while still being incredibly tough to defend in the half-court offense.

I guess there's a reason Sloan's been a coach for so long. They are a well coached team. The first half was some fantastic basketball (for a real basketball fan, not a Suns fan). The refs were really letting them go at it.

m33p0
04-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Jazz > Spurs

4-1 Spurs over Jazz 2007 WCF. nuff sed.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-05-2008, 01:55 AM
2007 =/= 2008

but yeah, I think we'd take them in a playoff series

WalterBenitez
04-05-2008, 05:45 AM
Pop threw in the towel pretty early.

Fuck it. Let's move on. We've been there, done that.

:wakeup

POP did that all this season, we should countrol his gatorade glass, probably will find some good wine on it.

remingtonbo2001
04-05-2008, 12:29 PM
POP did that all this season, we should countrol his gatorade glass, probably will find some good wine on it.

:lol

:nope Pop's drinking on the job again.

nfg3
04-05-2008, 02:43 PM
I didn't like this lost either. Our O and player/ball movement was pretty bad. 64 pts?! That pretty much says it all. Our D was good seeing how we limited them at home to 90 pts. We just couldn't make the shots. I was wondering when we'd back to earth after shooting over 50% these last 5 or so games.

Props to the Jazz. It was obvious to me that they were the more physical team and wanted it more. Hacks and non calls notwithstanding. The refs let them play and we didn't step up. Come playoff time that type of play is going to rule. Its what the Spurs have thrived on. Come playoff time those teams that are finesse and play little D will go fishing shortly.

Agloco
04-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Now that it's out of their system...........(pardon the pun)

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/Shit_20happens_20laxative.jpg

lonestr
04-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Jazz > Spurs

You're just like those African Gazelles at the zoo. You really like to look at them for the unique animals that they are , but you just can't get past that little dingle-berry hanging from their ass. So you just move on to the zebras.

Cry Havoc
04-05-2008, 10:40 PM
I'll say it now and I'll say it again...

Man, I love being a turtle?

Allanon
04-05-2008, 11:41 PM
I guess losing to the Jazz is better than losing to the Bobcats and Grizzlies.