PDA

View Full Version : Diop is the Missing Piece

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Dallas can't guard the rim anymore now that Diop is gone. Seriously this is the worst interior defense in the league. They can't get any big stops as teams are having layup drills. We traded the wrong player. It should've been Bass. :bang

Findog
04-05-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm sorry I have to do this to a fellow Mavs fan:

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat

The Nba Is Rigged
04-05-2008, 12:24 AM

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat

Fin, I really think this guy made a good point. In reality Bass gives us nothing but his midrange jumper, he can't rebound well, he can't defend well and his dunks usually get blocked. He may still improve though, only time will tell...

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 12:25 AM

Dampier was too slow tonight. Diop is more active and needed against these quick teams like this. You can ignore it all you want but I have no confidence in getting big stops late in games with the team we have now.

Findog
04-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Diop is a decent backup big, but you play 4 on 5 on offense with him out on the floor. He can't give you heavy minutes because he's never demonstrated he can handle it stamina and durability wise.

Diop is not a valid reason to pass on acquiring Jason Kidd. This trade will pay more dividends next year, mark my words.

Findog
04-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Fin, I really think this guy made a good point. In reality Bass gives us nothing but his midrange jumper, he can't rebound well, he can't defend well and his dunks usually get blocked. He may still improve though, only time will tell...

Bass is a young player with promise. Diop is what he is, a guy you play 15 minutes a night and nothing else.

Bass' defense sucks but he has a lot of upside and plenty of teams would kill to have him.

Holmes_Fans
04-05-2008, 12:28 AM
It's hard to guard the rim when your center is 50 feet from the basket guarding the best player in the league.

Findog
04-05-2008, 12:29 AM
It's hard to guard the rim when your center is 50 feet from the basket guarding the best player in the league.

Exactly. I like trapping Kobe, but not with Damp.

Holmes_Fans
04-05-2008, 12:29 AM
That is more than Devean George. Bass is 5th in the league in 2 point jumpshot %

Findog
04-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Keep in mind that given how hard it will be to resign him two years from now because of his early Bird rights, Bass can get you more in a trade than being filler for Jason Kidd.

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Diop is a decent backup big, but you play 4 on 5 on offense with him out on the floor. He can't give you heavy minutes because he's never demonstrated he can handle it stamina and durability wise.

Diop is not a valid reason to pass on acquiring Jason Kidd. This trade will pay more dividends next year, mark my words.
Diop was the perfect fit for this team. The beauty is the offense still worked with him as we had plenty of shooters and Diop was able to get some nice dunks occassionally. Kidd will be 35 turning 36 next year so I don't see how that will pay off as he is getting older quick. This team has never had problems with offense. Maybe poor shots on occasion but every team will have problems there. We at least could defend when we had Diop out there. Amazing the difference is when we don't play a center. We get killed on the boards and can't protect the basket.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 12:35 AM
See, even you Mavs fans are starting to come around that the Kidd trade was a bad one overall.

No more penetrating players to drive in and dish out......

You don't screw with chemistry.....

Even if the Mavs squeeze into the playoffs they are a one and done team.....

Too bad, they WERE contenders until Mark Cuban got antsy.

DD

Findog
04-05-2008, 12:35 AM
If you're wondering why we couldn't guard the basket, Dirk on one leg couldn't stop Lamar Odom. Even with his gutsy effort, we were -19 with him on the floor.

Diop is not Bill Russell.

Findog
04-05-2008, 12:37 AM
See, even you Mavs fans are starting to come around that the Kidd trade was a bad one overall.

Some Mavs fans. The Mavs did NOT get worse with this trade. They would be struggling if they hadn't made it.

Unless we play Houston.

You don't screw with chemistry....

On and off court chemistry was bad before the trade.

DD

And we will be next year when we get a SG.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Findog,

You may very well get a SG next year, but you guys were contenders THIS year pre trade.

Bonzi Wells might be good for you guys, he is a low post playing SG....invert your offense and put him on the block.....

You guys need a post player badly and a SG too.

DD

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 12:40 AM

DD
I have to agree with this. Our missing piece is an athletic big that can shotblock and rebound and finish at the rim. Diop is pretty close to being that player. I guess Cuban and Avery don't realize how big that is.

Phil Hellmuth
04-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Diop is a part of the problem, but not the missing piece.

Findog
04-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Findog,

You may very well get a SG next year, but you guys were contenders THIS year pre trade.

Bonzi Wells might be good for you guys, he is a low post playing SG....invert your offense and put him on the block.....

You guys need a post player badly and a SG too.

DD

The Mavs may have been "contenders," whatever that means, but they weren't winning a title. They're no worse than what they were.

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 12:45 AM
If you're wondering why we couldn't guard the basket, Dirk on one leg couldn't stop Lamar Odom. Even with his gutsy effort, we were -19 with him on the floor.

Diop is not Bill Russell.
Yeah and an athletic big man can make up for some of defensive problems that other players are having individually. Once the player got passed his man, he knew that he wasn't going to rejected when he went to the hoop. That is our weakness now.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 12:45 AM
The Mavs may have been "contenders," whatever that means, but they weren't winning a title. They're no worse than what they were.

See this is what I don't understand.

As they were...they were in the finals and up 2-0 just 2 short years ago.......and then they followed it up by being the best team in the NBA the next year and ran into a hot team in the playoffs.

Why on earth would you blow that team up?

Mind boggling.

DD

Findog
04-05-2008, 12:47 AM
See this is what I don't understand.

As they were...they were in the finals and up 2-0 just 2 short years ago.......and then they followed it up by being the best team in the NBA the next year and ran into a hot team in the playoffs.

Why on earth would you blow that team up?

Mind boggling.

DD

Because Dirk wanted it. That good enough for you?

They went from losing in the Finals to out in the first round, and being far off their pace from last year. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. This trade will pay more dividends next year, I can assure you of that.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 12:50 AM

They went from losing in the Finals to out in the first round, and being far off their pace from last year. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. This trade will pay more dividends next year, I can assure you of that.

Yeah, rely on some mythical acquisition rather than the players that won 67 games a year ago.

Brilliant strategy.

DD

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 12:51 AM
You can't run as much if you don't get stops. I bet some of those blocks Diop would get could lead to fastbreak points. Well anyways my 2 cents on what I think is missing from this team. More than a 2 guard I think we need another great help defensive center, rebounder, and finisher.

Findog
04-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Yeah, rely on some mythical acquisition rather than the players that won 67 games a year ago.

Brilliant strategy.

DD

Don't listen to your franchise player.

Brilliant strategy.

What the hell did those 67 games get us last year? Why do you keep bringing it up? It's not a static league.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Franchise player?

Dirk wanted it?

LINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or did you hear it from your grandma's cousins pet cockroaches sister?

LOL

DD

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 12:59 AM
An athletic bigman that can protect the rim is our missing piece. Maybe not Diop but that is the idea. Too many uncontested layups in this game.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 01:01 AM

Still waiting on that link tough guy....show me where you see that Dirk wanted the Jason Kidd for Devin Harris trade.

Sheesh....Cue the Crickets.

DD FTW !

Findog
04-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Still waiting on that link tough guy....show me where you see that Dirk wanted the Jason Kidd for Devin Harris trade.

Sheesh....Cue the Crickets.

DD FTW !

Yeah, they made a major trade against his wishes. Seriously, you don't know anything about the Mavs.

san antonio spurs
04-05-2008, 01:18 AM
For what I saw watching the mavs play:
- They need a new coach because Avery can't coach a runing team and won't allow kidd to improvise.
- They need a backup PG that plays like Harris. Penetrating and kicking just to change the flow of the game and create wide open opportunities.
- The mavs need an identity ASAP. Are they a halfcourt team? a running team? a defensive team? and get the personnel accordingly.

PS: your interior defence might be fine with Dirk (he made some real progress) and Damp as long as you have the right defensive schemes.

san antonio spurs
04-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Yeah, they made a major trade against his wishes. Seriously, you don't know anything about the Mavs.

Fin I think you're reaching the point of trolling. You can't have a discussion anymore?

Findog
04-05-2008, 01:19 AM
For what I saw watching the mavs play:
- They need a new coach because Avery can't coach a runing team and won't allow kidd to improvise.
- They need a backup PG that plays like Harris. Penetrating and kicking just to change the flow of the game and create wide open opportunities.
- The mavs need an identity ASAP. Are they a halfcourt team? a running team? a defensive team? and get the personnel accordingly.

PS: your interior defence might be fine with Dirk (he made some real progress) and Damp as long as you have the right defensive schemes.

Yeah, it's risky to make a major trade during the season, and this conference is so tough. And props, most Spurs fans it seem want to excuse Avery's deficiencies.

I'd like to see the Mavs try to get Kyle Lowry. There is a huge logjam at PG in Memphis and if they have the opportunity to take Derrick Rose, don't they have to pick the hometown hero and trade away two of the Crittendon/Lowry/Conley trio?

Findog
04-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Fin I think you're reaching the point of trolling. You can't have a discussion anymore?

I'm the one trolling? Seriously, he's making light of Dirk's high ankle sprain and just being a dumbass. Anybody who pays attention to the Mavs knows that Dirk was completely on board with the Kidd acquisition and was one of the biggest proponents of it.

san antonio spurs
04-05-2008, 01:26 AM
I'm the one trolling? Seriously, he's making light of Dirk's high ankle sprain and just being a dumbass. Anybody who pays attention to the Mavs knows that Dirk was completely on board with the Kidd acquisition and was one of the biggest proponents of it.
Well I know after the trade he said that with all due respect to devin, he couldn't pass like Kidd nor had his court vision and BBall IQ. But before the trade I really have no clue.

I agree that most trades have approuval of the frenchise player. But is it so with Cuban? he seems so confident in his abilites it's limit cockyness

SpursDynasty
04-05-2008, 01:27 AM
The Mavs have always been a mediocre team so I don't see why Dallas fans are upset...they already sucked in the Harris/Diop days.

Findog
04-05-2008, 01:28 AM
The Mavs have always been a mediocre team so I don't see why Dallas fans are upset...they already sucked in the Harris/Diop days.

How is this working out for you?

http://www.new-dream.de/image/wallpaper/musik/pink/pink-06.jpg

san antonio spurs
04-05-2008, 01:28 AM
My first and my last:

Findog
04-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Well I know after the trade he said that with all due respect to devin, he couldn't pass like Kidd nor had his court vision and BBall IQ. But before the trade I really have no clue.

I agree that most trades have approuval of the frenchise player. But is it so with Cuban? he seems so confident in his abilites it's limit cockyness

Cuban gets a lot of crap because of his obnoxious public persona, but he is smart enough to listen to his basketball people. I know Donnie wanted this and Dirk did too.

Interestingly enough, I suspect and there's been some whispers that Avery did not want it to go down, and it's one of the sources of tension between them.

san antonio spurs
04-05-2008, 01:35 AM
Cuban gets a lot of crap because of his obnoxious public persona, but he is smart enough to listen to his basketball people. I know Donnie wanted this and Dirk did too.

Interestingly enough, I suspect and there's been some whispers that Avery did not want it to go down, and it's one of the sources of tension between them.
It doesn't surprise me one bit. If you're the floor general of your team why would you want another one.
The proof is that he benched kidd in the final minutes of a game as to show him who's the boss. And in case Kidd didn't get it he benched him some more.
Avery knew that Kidd would threaten his leadership (at least on the offensive end).
On the other hand, Harris was young and was devoted.

Findog
04-05-2008, 01:37 AM
It doesn't surprise me one bit. If you're the floor general of your team why would you want another one.
The proof is that he benched kidd in the final minutes of a game as to show him who's the boss. And in case Kidd didn't get it he benched him some more.
Avery knew that Kidd would threaten his leadership (at least on the offensive end).
On the other hand, Harris was young and was devoted.

It's frustrating because I know we're better than that awful record against good teams. Dirk didn't play in 3 or 4 of them, and all but one of them went to the wire.

I mean, I like Avery, he did a lot of great things for this team when he took over, but he had Del Harris next to him to help with in-game adjustments and he's gone. I won't be gleeful about Avery getting canned but I think it's necessary.

san antonio spurs
04-05-2008, 01:40 AM
It's frustrating because I know we're better than that awful record against good teams. Dirk didn't play in 3 or 4 of them, and all but one of them went to the wire.

I mean, I like Avery, he did a lot of great things for this team when he took over, but he had Del Harris next to him to help with in-game adjustments and he's gone. I won't be gleeful about Avery getting canned but I think it's necessary.
I enjoy the mavs losing because they are our division rivals and they are the last team to beat the spurs but I know a dangerous team when I see one.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 07:24 AM
The Mavs confidence is shot, and the way they are built now is flawed.

They are done.....

Jason Kidd can't shoot....and teams will force him too.

Cuban Screwed the pooch....no matter what Mavs fans say.

Cuban...screwed the pooch.

Oh, but hey look at the bright side now both the Mavs and the Rockets are just one Devin Harris style of penetrating PG away from being a real contender, welcome to our world.

DD

The Nba Is Rigged
04-05-2008, 08:50 AM
The Mavs confidence is shot, and the way they are built now is flawed.

They are done.....

Jason Kidd can't shoot....and teams will force him too.

Cuban Screwed the pooch....no matter what Mavs fans say.

Cuban...screwed the pooch.

Oh, but hey look at the bright side now both the Mavs and the Rockets are just one Devin Harris style of penetrating PG away from being a real contender, welcome to our world.

DD

:nope

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 10:06 AM
I love how people who are afraid of the truth run and duck for cover, not realizing like the fools they are that they are bumping the post up and making it more visable.

BRILLIANT !!

ROFLMAO !!

DD

Findog
04-05-2008, 10:19 AM
I love how people who are afraid of the truth run and duck for cover, not realizing like the fools they are that they are bumping the post up and making it more visable.

BRILLIANT !!

ROFLMAO !!

DD

Hi da_suns_fan.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-05-2008, 10:19 AM

BRILLIANT !!

ROFLMAO !!

DD
UrwwdtO_SD4

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 10:23 AM
hW4uXlRGAF0

DD

manufor3
04-05-2008, 10:27 AM

DD
wow, an intelligent post by this guy!!!

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 10:30 AM
wow, an intelligent post by this guy!!!

I squeeze one in every now and again. Usually I am just ahead of everyone else, and eventually people come around and realize I was right all along.

:D

DD

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-05-2008, 10:40 AM
hW4uXlRGAF0

DD
GbkkxBGht9A

peskypesky
04-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I have to agree with this. Our missing piece is an athletic big that can shotblock and rebound and finish at the rim. Diop is pretty close to being that player. I guess Cuban and Avery don't realize how big that is.

The loss of Diop was especially bad because the West all of a sudden got bigger in a hurry. The Spurs' continued success forced a lot of people to realize that "run & gun", small-ball offense wasn't going to win Championships. So the Suns and Lakers added big men, and San Antonio followed suit. Dallas, on the other hand, inexplicably, got smaller.

As a Spurs fan, I was painfully aware of Diop's value. In 2006, when we lost to the Mavs, Diop regularly did a good job of defending and frustrating Duncan. He also protected the rim and got some key rebounds.

The problem is that a lot of people forget how important big men are in this game. It's really all Jordan's fault. He was so exciting and won so many championships that the league and fans got fooled into thinking that Championship teams could be built around high-scoring guards.

Well, look at how many regular-season scoring leaders in the past ten years were guards. Kobe, AI and McGrady have a bunch of scoring titles. But they also have zero Championships (I'm not including the titles Kobe won with Shaq).

So the fact is that lots of scoring ain't going to necessarily win titles. Defense and big men are more important for that.

The Mavs forgot that. They gave up a big man to add a guy who assists scorers. They didn't need any more scoring. Blame Jordan for that mistake.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 10:57 AM
The Mavs forgot that. They gave up a big man to add a guy who assists scorers. They didn't need any more scoring. Blame Jordan for that mistake.

Well spoken sir, and it is also why the Rockets are not a real threat this year either.

The Mavs just got a lot worse, their fans are just in denial.

DD

Findog
04-05-2008, 11:12 AM
DeSagana Diop = Bill Russell. Why can't he get off the bench in New Jersey?

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 11:22 AM

LOL - people who look at basketball in only an individual manner, as in how talented an individual player is...are missing the entire point.

It is how he fit into the team...and whether or not the Kidd trade made the team BETTER......

It did not.....as evidenced by their record.

Sometimes the sum of the parts trumps individual talent......

But, I am sure that Dampier is good enough.

ROFLMAO !!

DD

Findog
04-05-2008, 11:23 AM
LOL - people who look at basketball in only an individual manner, as in how talented an individual player is...are missing the entire point.

It is how he fit into the team...and whether or not the Kidd trade made the team BETTER......

It did not.....as evidenced by their record.

Sometimes the sum of the parts trumps individual talent......

But, I am sure that Dampier is good enough.

ROFLMAO !!

DD

Hi da_suns_fan.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi da_suns_fan.

LOL - typical, losing the argument, and resort to name calling.......poor baby.

DD

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 11:31 AM
GbkkxBGht9A

C5ULvXb3DeQ&

DD

Findog
04-05-2008, 11:34 AM
LOL - typical, losing the argument, and resort to name calling.......poor baby.

DD

You and da_suns_fans are basically the George W. Bush of Spurstalk - You declare victory, and just because you say it is so, doesn't mean it is. In fact, whatever you two say, one can safely assume the opposite.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-05-2008, 11:35 AM
C5ULvXb3DeQ&

DD
kt5pOPn_0Ik

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 11:36 AM
kt5pOPn_0Ik

ROFLMAO....the Nate Robinson block, I concede...that one is awesome...

DD

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-05-2008, 11:37 AM
:lol

san antonio spurs
04-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Nobody is saying Diop is the next Bill Russell but that he was just valuable for the mavs and any team serious about winning a title which the Nets aren't. Diop doesn't fit one bit in the Nets playing style and you know that.
Diop is more valuable than Dampier, and what you said about his stamina ain't true because he had played big minutes for you guys, his foul trouble is what put him on the bench sometimes.

Diop on the right team can be a good player.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Nobody is saying Diop is the next Bill Russell but that he was just valuable for the mavs and any team serious about winning a title which the Nets aren't. Diop doesn't fit one bit in the Nets playing style and you know that.
Diop is more valuable than Dampier, and what you said about his stamina ain't true because he had played big minutes for you guys, his foul trouble is what put him on the bench sometimes.

EXACTLY !!!!

And losing 2 rotational players, and both of them starters for one over the hill starter who is an amazing passer but can't shoot his way out of a wet paper back with a .50 caliber rifle was a mistake.

Pure and simple.

DD

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 11:56 AM

Agreed. He is no Bill Russell but amazing how much better we are defensively with a defensive center. We can't stop anybody without it.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 12:20 PM
So without Diop, Dallas doesn't have a shot at all to win in the first round, much less even make the playoffs?

Of course they have a shot at both of those, but they are not contenders to come out of the Western conference anymore.

And THAT is an absolute statement FinDog.....

DD

monosylab1k
04-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Agreed. He is no Bill Russell but amazing how much better we are defensively with a defensive center. We can't stop anybody without it.
Yeah a guy who played 15 minutes a game and was perpetually in Avery's doghouse is the difference between being a contender or not.

What fucking dumbass logic.

The problem is Avery putting Dampier out on the perimeter against Kobe and expecting Jason Terry to guard Pau Gasol & Josh Howard to take Odom, while leaving Dirk as a help defender when both of those guys inevitably get beat.

The problem is Josh Howard losing his cool like a bitch.

The problem is Devean George contributing exactly zero, and Eddie Jones deciding that passing to a guy looking the opposite direction is a good idea.

The problems of this team aren't solved ONE FUCKING BIT by Diop or Harris. This team would be in the same situation with both of those guys still on the team.

Just find a new team to root for already.

monosylab1k
04-05-2008, 12:50 PM
One man deserve the blame for last night's loss - Avery. As always, when things get tight at the end, Avery abandons everything that has worked well and goes stupid.

shelshor
04-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah a guy who played 15 minutes a game and was perpetually in Avery's doghouse is the difference between being a contender or not.

The problem is Avery putting Dampier out on the perimeter against Kobe and expecting Jason Terry to guard Pau Gasol & Josh Howard to take Odom, while leaving Dirk as a help defender when both of those guys inevitably get beat.

The problem is Devean George contributing exactly zero, and Eddie Jones deciding that passing to a guy looking the opposite direction is a good idea.

The problems of this team aren't solved ONE FUCKING BIT by Diop or Harris. This team would be in the same situation with both of those guys still on the team.

How much of a downgrade has replacing Del Harris with Paul Westphal been?
I remember Westphal as a jump shooting wuss.
And it seems like the Mavs hotheads were better able to control themselves while Harris was there

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-05-2008, 01:32 PM

I don't like the Mavs. I usually enjoy watching them go down in flames. With that said, even I was getting angry last night watching AJ take it in the ass down the stretch. I counted at least three times in the closing minutes (twice in the final sixty seconds, IIRC) that they trapped with Dampier out at the top of the three point line and the result was the same thing each time: Odom and Gasol get to make a poster out of Dirk. AJ failed to adjust so poorly that I actually felt sympathy for a team I hate. I'll never forgive him for that.

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 01:45 PM

15 minutes is all we need as we get killed when we go small. Why is that such fucking dumbass logic? It's fucking dumb that you think Dirk can play the 5 for 15 minutes.

monosylab1k
04-05-2008, 01:48 PM
15 minutes is all we need as we get killed when we go small.
find me instances where the Mavs lost the game last night because of the backup center. Because they lost the game with Dampier in.

It doesn't matter who is backing up Dampier, the problem is still Avery.

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 01:51 PM
find me instances where the Mavs lost the game last night because of the backup center. Because they lost the game with Dampier in.

Almost every time the lakers got an offensive rebound, it was when Dampier was out of the game. Just watch the third quarter and see how easy it was for the Lakers to get layups without Dampier. Dampier is a half of a center. We need the other half and that was Diop.

monosylab1k
04-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Almost every time the lakers got an offensive rebound, it was when Dampier was out of the game. Just watch the third quarter and see how easy it was for the Lakers to get layups without Dampier. Dampier is a half of a center. We need the other half and that was Diop.
Mavs still had a healthy lead after the 3rd quarter. The problem was choking it away in the 4th quarter, and that was with a legitimate center in the game, and that was because of Avery.

I just don't understand morons who think a 15 minute a game backup center can possibly be the missing piece on a contender. Just fucking retarded.

The problem is the coach and our idiotic SF who fucks up at the most inopportune time every chance he gets.

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 01:58 PM
I just don't understand morons who think a 15 minute a game backup center can possibly be the missing piece on a contender. Just fucking retarded.

For now on, focus on how this team plays on defense with Dampier out of the game. Trust me, it is a layup drill the majority of the time. The key to beating the mavs is getting Dampier to guard the perimeter or force them to go small. They can't guard interior when this happens.

mavs>spurs2
04-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Now I'm not pulling a Mavsfan1000 and saying that Diop is the key to putting us over the top, but I was pissed when we gave him up in the Kidd deal. I thought it was too much to give for Kidd and he shouldn't have been included. I will say that we are much better with Diop as our starting center as opposed to Dampier.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 02:14 PM

Was Avery out there missing wide open jumpers and fumbling the ball away at the end?

While Avery may be part of the problem, the players ARE also part of the problem.

DD

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Now I'm not pulling a Mavsfan1000 and saying that Diop is the key to putting us over the top, but I was pissed when we gave him up in the Kidd deal. I thought it was too much to give for Kidd and he shouldn't have been included. I will say that we are much better with Diop as our starting center as opposed to Dampier.
I didn't say Diop would put us over the top but the reason this trade has made us worse is because of Diop being included. We now have a big weakness. Get Damp in foul trouble. After that, no interior defense.

DarrinS
04-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I don't know how good of a player Diop is, but he sure helped the Mavs beat the Spurs in OT of game 7 in 2006.

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 02:25 PM
I would've actually start Diop over Dampier if I were the coach. They can split the minutes. It got us to the Finals in 05-06. Why mess with it?

mavs>spurs2
04-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I didn't say Diop would put us over the top but the reason this trade has made us worse is because of Diop being included. We now have a big weakness. Get Damp in foul trouble. After that, no interior defense.

Let me correct you on that, we have no interior defense period. Even when Damp is in the game. I dont know where people got the idea that he was some kind of defensive stopper but he's just as average as Dirk on D, only difference is we use him to keep Dirk out of foul trouble.

Findog
04-05-2008, 02:42 PM
he was just valuable for the mavs and any team serious about winning a title which the Nets aren't.

Yeah, he was so valuable that he averaged twelve minutes a game. I'm not saying he isn't a useful player, but Diop is not a make or break component to doing the deal. The Nets "wanted" him for his expiring contract. Dallas was supposed to throw up their hands and say "Sorry, Dirk, Gana is just too valuable to give up?"

Diop is more valuable than Dampier, and

???????

what you said about his stamina ain't true because he had played big minutes for you guys, his foul trouble is what put him on the bench sometimes.

No, he lost a lot of weight from his Cleveland days, but had never played big minutes before. Believe me, the Mavs wanted nothing more than for him to make Dampier expendable and he couldn't do that. I agree the Mavs could use a better backup C than what they've got, but guys like Diop are not hard to find. There's no way you can in good conscience pass on a guy like Kidd because you consider Diop "untouchable."

Findog
04-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Of course they have a shot at both of those, but they are not contenders to come out of the Western conference anymore.

And THAT is an absolute statement FinDog.....

DD

And because of Diop they were a title contender?

Nice logic da_rockets_fan.

DRF FTW

Findog
04-05-2008, 02:44 PM
I don't know how good of a player Diop is, but he sure helped the Mavs beat the Spurs in OT of game 7 in 2006.

Yep, after Dampier banged on Duncan all game and he didn't get off the bench in regulation. When Diop checked in, he hadn't played while Timmy had been out there for 42+ minutes.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 02:46 PM
And because of Diop they were a title contender?

Nice logic da_rockets_fan.

DRF FTW

No, you are not a contender because you lost speed on the perimeter, a better perimeter shooter and better penetrator overall, and a solid low post defender.

You were a contender......what was your record on the day of the trade, and what position were you in the Western Conference standings?

That alone will tell the tale.

But at least do me one favor, can you guys beat Phoenix tomorrow night?

Thanks,

DD

Findog
04-05-2008, 02:46 PM

I would rather have not parted with him either, but if the Nets wanted his expiring in order to do the deal, then fine. Guys like Dirk are irreplaceable, and guys like Howard are hard to replace. Diop is like a tube of toothpaste. There are plenty more available at the right price if you need to go get one.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 02:48 PM
I would rather have not parted with him either, but if the Nets wanted his expiring in order to do the deal, then fine. Guys like Dirk are irreplaceable, and guys like Howard are hard to replace. Diop is like a tube of toothpaste. There are plenty more available at the right price if you need to go get one.

Wow, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen written on a BBS.

Diop is that easy to replace huh? Well then...go replace him..... I mean athletic bigs that can clog the middle and block shots, are a dime a dozen.

Wow......I mean....WOW...

I guess they are all over the D-League, just go pick one up and all the Mavs problems are instantly solved....NOT !

DD

Findog
04-05-2008, 02:49 PM
No, you are not a contender because you lost speed on the perimeter, a better perimeter shooter and better penetrator overall, and a solid low post defender.

Yeah, our defense is better with Kidd. Just look at the stats. We give up 2 points less per hundred possessions with him as opposed to Harris. And Harris is not a good perimeter shooter either, look up his stats. And again, we lost Diop's ten minutes per game.

You were a contender......what was your record on the day of the trade, and what position were you in the Western Conference standings?

I believe we were 35-19 and in sixth place. Now we're 47-29 and in seventh place. We're 12-8 with Dirk/Kidd together. We'd still be struggling if we hadn't made the trade because of our injuries.

da_rockets_fan FTW

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Name the plenty of defensive centers that are available to help protect the basket. :rolleyes

Findog
04-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Wow, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen written on a BBS.

Diop is that easy to replace huh? Well then...go replace him..... I mean athletic bigs that can clog the middle and block shots, are a dime a dozen.

Wow......I mean....WOW...

DD

backup centers that play ten minutes a game and force you to play 4 on 5 on offense are not that hard to find. I didn't realize we let go of Bill Russell, seeing as how he couldn't beat out Dampier for the starting job. I mean, Dampier gets 30 minutes a game and Diop only gets ten, I wonder what that's about.

Mavs will get a backup center in the offseason. They couldn't take the chance that the Nets would find a different trading partner for Kidd in the summer. The dumbest thing I've ever heard is that the Mavs should've passed on acquiring Kidd because of DeSagana Diop and his ten minutes per game. If he was this great force that you say he is, why couldn't he ever earn a bigger role?

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 02:54 PM
backup centers that play ten minutes a game and force you to play 4 on 5 on offense are not that hard to find. I didn't realize we let go of Bill Russell, seeing as how he couldn't beat out Dampier for the starting job. I mean, Dampier gets 30 minutes a game and Diop only gets ten, I wonder what that's about.

15 minutes and that is because Avery is an idiot. He should've been playing 24 minutes a game and Dallas should never go small.

Findog
04-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Name the plenty of defensive centers that are available to help protect the basket. :rolleyes

Here's the guys available this summer that are plenty capable of replacing Bill Russell and his ten minutes per game:

Theo Ratliff
Chris Mihm
Adonal Foyle
Brian Skinner
Calvin Booth
Lorenzen Wright
Kurt Thomas
Rasho Nesterovic
Chris Anderson

I'd be fine with any one of those guys backing up Dampier for ten minutes a game. This Diop idiocy just blows my mind. Yes, he's a useful player, yes there will be times we miss him, but he is more than expendable. The bottom line is that you don't hold off on a trade to acquire Kidd because of him. If he's so valuable, the Mavs will have every opportunity to resign him this summer as a FA.

Findog
04-05-2008, 02:58 PM
One of the real bizarre developments in looking at Kidd's impact and Harris' departure is that the "better floor general" Jason Kidd has hurt the offense, while the departure of the "best defensive point guard in the league" Devin Harris has helped our defense. In fact, the impact on the Mavs defense has been the single biggest change since the trade: The Mavs are giving up 1.7 fewer points per 100 possessions than they did before the trade. That's a very significant drop, and is nearly double the hit we took on the offensive side.

In terms of specifics, the Mavs have improved in practically every defensive category but turnovers: The opposition shoots worse, the Mavs allow fewer offensive rebounds, and are fouling less. The loss of Harris' taking charges certainly has had an impact on opponent turnovers, as the opposition commit over 2 fewer turnovers than they did before the trade.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 03:00 PM
I believe we were 35-19 and in sixth place. Now we're 47-29 and in seventh place. We're 12-8 with Dirk/Kidd together. We'd still be struggling if we hadn't made the trade because of our injuries.

Your overall record since the Kidd trade is 12-11......you were 35-18 at the date of the trade. And Dirk being out matters, but having an all star like Kidd should make you guys better and able to withstand a couple of games missed, right?

Mavs schedule (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=dal)

And you guys were 3rd in the WC 2 games behind the Hornets.......

I would say that dropping to 7th and danged close to being run completely out of the playoffs has proven that the Kidd trade was a knee jerk reaction to the other trades, and a bad move.

DD

mavs>spurs2
04-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Your overall record since the Kidd trade is 12-11......you were 35-18 at the date of the trade. And Dirk being out matters, but having an all star like Kidd should make you guys better and able to withstand a couple of games missed, right?

Mavs schedule (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=dal)

I would say that dropping to 7th and danged close to being run completely out of the playoffs has proven that the Kidd trade was a knee jerk reaction to the other trades, and a bad move.

DD

Why do you have to sign your post after every weak ass take?

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 03:05 PM
One of the real bizarre developments in looking at Kidd's impact and Harris' departure is that the "better floor general" Jason Kidd has hurt the offense, while the departure of the "best defensive point guard in the league" Devin Harris has helped our defense. In fact, the impact on the Mavs defense has been the single biggest change since the trade: The Mavs are giving up 1.7 fewer points per 100 possessions than they did before the trade. That's a very significant drop, and is nearly double the hit we took on the offensive side.

In terms of specifics, the Mavs have improved in practically every defensive category but turnovers: The opposition shoots worse, the Mavs allow fewer offensive rebounds, and are fouling less. The loss of Harris' taking charges certainly has had an impact on opponent turnovers, as the opposition commit over 2 fewer turnovers than they did before the trade.

And now you are PLAGERIZING someone elses work as your own? (http://mavsmoneyball.com/story/2008/4/2/01328/35225)

Why not just post the entire article, or credit your source?

Ooops...Findoggy busted.

DD

Findog
04-05-2008, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=DaDakota]Your overall record since the Kidd trade is 12-11......

Yep, and 12-8 when he and Dirk are together.

you were 35-18 at the date of the trade. And Dirk being out matters, but having an all star like Kidd should make you guys better and able to withstand a couple of games missed, right?

It depends on who you're playing. Dirk means more to the Mavs than Yao means to the Rockets. The Mavs played some really tough teams on the road w/o him. Those are hard to win at full strength, much less missing your best player.

and also like 3 games out of the playoffs entirely. Seedings are so irrelevant this year. There's the same gap between Boston and Detroit as there is between #1-#8 in the West. Would you say Detroit cannot beat Boston?

I would say that dropping to 7th

Who gives a shit about dropping to 7th place? 7th place in the West has been about 4-5 games from the top seed all year long.

and danged close to being run completely out of the playoffs

Newflash moron: EVERY contender in the West has been in danger of missing the playoffs if they suffer a key injury or go into a slump. This is the year that it's possible to be both 3 games out of the top seed and 3 games away from the lottery. This is the year that it's been possible to be the top seed one night and the fifth seed after one loss. All that really matters is getting in. It would be nice to have a top four seed and HCA for at least the first round, but there is not much difference in quality between the top 8 teams this year.

Findog
04-05-2008, 03:08 PM
And now you are PLAGERIZING someone elses work as your own? (http://mavsmoneyball.com/story/2008/4/2/01328/35225)

Why not just post the entire article, or credit your source?

Ooops...Findoggy busted.

DD

yep, mavs moneyball. I posted the link in another thread. I'm sure that's where you found it.

I haven't plagiarized shit.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE]

Newflash: EVERY contender in the West has been in danger of missing the playoffs if they suffer a key injury or go into a slump. This is the year that it's possible to be both 3 games out of the top seed and 3 games away from the lottery. This is the year that it's been possible to be the top seed one night and the fifth seed after one loss. All that really matters is getting in. It would be nice to have a top four seed and HCA for at least the first round, but there is not much difference in quality between the top 8 teams this year.

Well, I agree with you here.....

Findog
04-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Wait, findoggy? There's another poster on here that likes to use that term. I wonder what ever happened to him. He slinked off like a bitch when his team started struggling...

And just like that poster, da_rockets_fan here likes to prematurely declare himself the winner of every argument and troll the board.

Hmm....

mavs>spurs2
04-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Does anyone else think this douche talks just like da_suns_fag??

Findog
04-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Does anyone else think this douche talks just like da_suns_fag??

Exact same MO. Only the mods know for sure, but it's the exact same retardation.

mavs>spurs2
04-05-2008, 03:16 PM
So far, he claims the Kidd trade was a failure because our record is worse since he got here. Completely disregarding the fact that it takes time for a team to gel, it's even harder to adjust to a new PG more so than any other position, and the fact that before we even had a chance to gel the league MVP went down with an injury. Hmm..

Findog
04-05-2008, 03:21 PM
So far, he claims the Kidd trade was a failure because our record is worse since he got here. Completely disregarding the fact that it takes time for a team to gel, it's even harder to adjust to a new PG more so than any other position, and the fact that before we even had a chance to gel the league MVP went down with an injury. Hmm..

This trade wasn't just about this year, it was about the next two years. Devin Harris has a longer window in this league than Kidd and he was a very good player. We will miss him at times and in certain matchups, and Diop was a player of some use as well, but you don't pass up on a guy like Kidd who will eventually make your team better because of Diop and his ten minutes per game. I've seen enough to know that this team isn't far from putting it together and that it will pay even more dividends next year.

Will we win a title? Maybe, probably not, but we weren't going to win a title with the team that we had. That Finals appearance and 67 wins were fool's gold, and it's a pretty weak justification for keeping that team together. The chemistry on and off the court wasn't as good as it had been, and that team had plateaued. I would've preferred that we keep Diop because backup C is not as much of a strength as it was, but that's something that can easily be alleviated in the offseason. Look at that list of guys I listed that are available as FAs this summer. Not all of them have the same skillset as Diop, but you're not losing anything plugging them into his slot as the backup C.

You can't render a verdict on this trade after six weeks. In two years we'll have that answer, but not now.

mavs>spurs2
04-05-2008, 03:23 PM
You can't render a verdict on this trade after six weeks. In two years we'll have that answer, but not now.

Exactly, especially when you're a Rocket troll who doesn't know shit about what's going on in the Mavericks organization..

Findog
04-05-2008, 03:24 PM
You say tomato, I say tomahto,

You say DeSagana Diop, I say

Theo Ratliff
Chris Mihm
Adonal Foyle
Brian Skinner
Calvin Booth
Lorenzen Wright
Kurt Thomas
Rasho Nesterovic
Chris Anderson

Seriously, it's like a math equation. Take out Diop's name, plug in one of the others, you get the same answer.

da_suns_fan
04-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I admit this guy DOES post a lot like me. I read Findog accuse him of being me early this morning and rolled my eyes, but as I read this thread, I couldn't help but wonder if he has been studying my posts.

DaDakota: Youve got some real talent, but stop stealing my catch-phrases.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Here's the guys available this summer that are plenty capable of replacing Bill Russell and his ten minutes per game:
THIS SUMMER !!!!!

So now the Kidd trade was made for NEXT year....ROFLMAO !!!! Keep moving those goal posts....

If it was made for next year, they should have waited until the offseason to do it, but you know why they didn't do that? Because it was made for this year.

KABOOM....it blew up in Cuban's face...

Exactly, especially when you're a Rocket troll who doesn't know shit about what's going on in the Mavericks organization..

Yeah except I do know what is going on with the Mavs, I just don't agree with it......and honestly I am glad you guys are imploding.

Que cera cera....

And if Da_Suns_fan posts like me....that makes another intelligent guy who understands building a team is more than just individual statistics....

Yes by all means make a trade for a couple of years down the road when the team was already a contender, this makes sense...how again?

Oh yeah, it doesn't.

DD

Findog
04-05-2008, 05:39 PM
THIS SUMMER !!!!!

So now the Kidd trade was made for NEXT year....ROFLMAO !!!! Keep moving those goal posts....

It was made for this year, next year and the one after that. How is that so hard to understand?

And if Da_Suns_fan posts like me....that makes another intelligent guy who understands building a team is more than just individual statistics....

da_suns_fan thinks the key to a winning team is tv ratings.

da_suns_fan
04-05-2008, 06:13 PM
da_suns_fan thinks the key to a winning team is tv ratings.

No, I offered ratings as proof that the Spurs were, in fact, boring. I followed this up with numbers supporting that the small San Antonio market size was irrelevant to their lack of a tv audience (see 94 finals versus 95 finals).

Spurs fans countered with the claim that all I (or any Suns fan) care about is ratings and you jumped on that bandwagon.

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Mavsfans not understanding the importance of defense. I'm ashamed of this. Please look on what makes other teams more successful in that department. A shotblocker and a defensive stopper (Duncan and Bowen) that made the spurs so great. Dampier is not that great on defense. I would actually say Diop is slightly better in this category. I am almost sure this team won't win the championship the way this team is constructed. Diop and Harris being gone hurt our defense. In the last 2 years I thought we had a chance.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Spurs fans countered with the claim that all I (or any Suns fan) care about is ratings and you jumped on that bandwagon.
Most Spurs fans believe this because you had to include ratings in just about everything Spurs related. If you had just talked about the team and not your precious ratings you wouldn't have such a laughable reputation.

Findog
04-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Diop and Harris being gone hurt our defense.

The fuck they have.

:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/story/2008/4/2/01328/35225

The Mavs are giving up 1.7 fewer points per 100 possessions than they did before the trade. That's a very significant drop, and is nearly double the hit we took on the offensive side.

In terms of specifics, the Mavs have improved in practically every defensive category but turnovers: The opposition shoots worse, the Mavs allow fewer offensive rebounds, and are fouling less

And if you watch the games, it's obvious: Kidd can do a good job of defending big, physical guards like Ginobili or Baron Davis. He rebounds exceptionally well for a guard, since not giving up offensive rebounds is part of defense. He creates plenty of turnovers in the half court set. Where we're struggling on offense is not in Devin taking his man off the dribble, but in how much more turnover prone we are with all the botched fast breaks from running more, and from guys bobbling perfect passes hitting them between the #'s that they're not used to getting. It's way too premature to call the Kidd trade a failure after six weeks, and it's going to be way too premature to call the Shaq trade a failure if they don't win it all this year. The Suns have next year and so do we. And Devin couldn't exactly stop CP3 or Deron Williams, he's been lit up by them every bit as bad as Kidd. Kidd > Harris. That will change by 2011, but for the next two years, we upgraded at the PG position. And it will hardly be insurmountable to go out and get a serviceable backup for Dampier in the offseason. Seriously, take your pick off this list and any one of them could shore up our frontcourt depth every bit as well as Diop, even if their skillsets vary:

Theo Ratliff
Chris Mihm
Adonal Foyle
Brian Skinner
Calvin Booth
Lorenzen Wright
Kurt Thomas
Rasho Nesterovic
Chris Anderson

Seriously, give me Diop or any other dude off that list. Duncan, Kobe, Dirk, those guys are special and can't be replaced. DeSagana Diop is a nice piece, but you can find plenty of serviceable backup centers throughout the league.

Dirk isn't stopping Lamar Odom or anybody on a bum wheel. He's going to get lit up by Amare tomorrow. The Mavs aren't going to stop the Lakers by having their best interior defender trap Kobe 40 feet away from the basket. I'd rather have DeSagana Diop backing up Damp instead of Malik Allen, but give me a fucking break. I can't believe how Diop has been elevated into a HOF'er. Part of the reason we lost to Golden State is that we couldn't punish them on offense for using smallball because we got no points from the center position. It's a Catch-22 in bringing Dirk back because we have no chance to make the playoffs or do anything once we get there without him, but against good teams, he can be attacked and exploited defensively right now with his injury. And he is an adequate defender when healthy, his d has really improved.

In a trade, you give up something to get something. We miss Devin's ability to draw a charge, create a one-man fastbreak, and Diop's ability to block shots. We don't miss Diop's complete inability to score or Devin's iffy outside jumper.

I would have to say that Diop, or about 16 other backup centers are the "missing piece."

Findog
04-05-2008, 06:36 PM
No, I offered ratings as proof that the Spurs were, in fact, boring. I followed this up with numbers supporting that the small San Antonio market size was irrelevant to their lack of a tv audience (see 94 finals versus 95 finals).

That whole argument is a non sequiter that nobody cares about.

It comprised 98% of your posts here, so why would we think otherwise? I don't monitor Arizona Sports Fags or PHXCocks.Net so I have no idea if you troll your fellow Suns fans or if you actually talk hoops on those boards.

da_suns_fan
04-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't say that Diop is the "missing piece" either, but I would EASILY rather have Diop than anyone on FinDog's list other than Kurt Thomas.

Calvin Booth?
Chris "The Birdman" Anderson?

Are you kidding me?!!!

Findog
04-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't say that Diop is the "missing piece" either, but I would EASILY rather have Diop than anyone on FinDog's list other than Kurt Thomas.

Calvin Booth?
Chris "The Birdman" Anderson?

Are you kidding me?!!!

What's wrong with the Birdman, other than his penchant for nose candy? You're talking about a backup center for 10 minutes a game, not a guy who's going to play 40+.

da_suns_fan
04-05-2008, 06:40 PM
That whole argument is a non sequiter that nobody cares about.

It comprised 98% of your posts here, so why would we think otherwise? I don't monitor Arizona Sports Fags or PHXCocks.Net so I have no idea if you troll your fellow Suns fans or if you actually talk hoops on those boards.

98% percent of my posts? Is that claim backed up by factual analysis?

btw - I know that you do, in fact, monitor the Arizona Sports Forum. You provided a link here to a thread that I started there when I scored courtside tickets to a game in which Amare yelled at Barbosa.

Owned again, FinDog.

da_suns_fan
04-05-2008, 06:41 PM
What's wrong with the Birdman, other than his penchant for nose candy? You're talking about a backup center for 10 minutes a game, not a guy who's going to play 40+.

Diop often played more against the Spurs than Dampier did. Im not saying Diop is great, but he's a hell of a lot more effective than most of the guys you put on that list.

Findog
04-05-2008, 06:41 PM

btw - I know that you do, in fact, monitor the Arizona Sports Forum. You provided a link here to a thread that I started there when I scored courtside tickets to a game in which Amare yelled at Barbosa.

Owned again, FinDog.

Yes, I know ASF exists. If you go back far enough, you'll find it in my browser history....maybe not, I've probably deleted cookies since then. But on a regular basis? Nope, don't think so.

Findog
04-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Diop often played more against the Spurs than Dampier did. Im not saying Diop is great, but he's a hell of a lot more effective than most of the guys you put on that list.

We went over that before and no he didn't. Diop is living off that G7 against Duncan when he sat all of regulation and came in in OT after Damp banged on him all game. I didn't say those guys had the exact same skillset as Diop, but you don't think Brian Skinner can play 10 minutes a night of backup center? We're not talking about trying to replace Amare Stoudemire with Drew Gooden, we're talking about replacing Diop with some other semi-useful big.

Findog
04-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Hypothetical question: If the Mavs sign Kurt Thomas this summer and win a title next year after shoring up their depth at center, is the Kidd trade a failure?

If the Suns get eliminated by the Lakers or Spurs this year and come back next year and win a title, is the Shaq trade a failure?

How would you answer Question 2 da_suns_fan?

monosylab1k
04-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Mavsfans not understanding the importance of defense. I'm ashamed of this. Please look on what makes other teams more successful in that department. A shotblocker and a defensive stopper (Duncan and Bowen) that made the spurs so great. Dampier is not that great on defense. I would actually say Diop is slightly better in this category. I am almost sure this team won't win the championship the way this team is constructed. Diop and Harris being gone hurt our defense. In the last 2 years I thought we had a chance.
Do you not understand that OUR DEFENSE HAS GOTTEN BETTER SINCE THE TRADE YOU RETARDED FUCKING MORON.

But I'd expect this from the guy who shits on Michael Finley's best years in Dallas. I'd expect it from a guy that was a Bulls fan until Jordan retired, then jumped on whatever bandwagon after that, then became a Mavs fan 4 years ago, but will surely be rooting for another team in a few more years.

monosylab1k
04-05-2008, 06:54 PM

Owned again, FinDog.
Hey what happened to your original screen name? And all your threads? I want to read that wack ass Spurs drinking game thread but for some odd reason I can't find it. Why don't you tell everyone why....

monosylab1k
04-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Didn't da_suns_fag say he was leaving SpursTalk a few days ago? LOL

mavsfan1000
04-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Do you not understand that OUR DEFENSE HAS GOTTEN BETTER SINCE THE TRADE YOU RETARDED FUCKING MORON.

But I'd expect this from the guy who shits on Michael Finley's best years in Dallas. I'd expect it from a guy that was a Bulls fan until Jordan retired, then jumped on whatever bandwagon after that, then became a Mavs fan 4 years ago, but will surely be rooting for another team in a few more years.
The defense sucks man. You are in denial if you think otherwise. We can't stop anybody. God I hate the mavs fans on this site. They are so stupid.

DaDakota
04-05-2008, 09:59 PM
The Mavs defense has gotten statistically better, but you have to factor in the competition before making a real analysis...

In truth stats are irrelevent, it is all about the record...wins vs. loses...12-11 since the trade....not good.

DD

monosylab1k
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
God I hate the mavs fans on this site.
You aren't even a Mavs fan so shut the fuck up.

Holding GS below 90 points = bad defense. What a stupid piece of shit.

mavs>spurs2
04-06-2008, 12:21 PM
:lmao

Indazone
04-06-2008, 01:22 PM
The problem with the Mav's and their fans is that they all think they are better than they really are. You got a bunch of primadona crybabies on that team. Dampier who once said he was the 2nd best center in the NBA. HAHAHAH Cuban who accused Nellie of using proprietary information to beat them last year. Tell me that isn't the biggest pussy excuse of all time. You got Dirk who consistently disappears in the playoffs. Then you got the biggest whiner of all in Avery Johnson. Josh Howard..need I say more? LOL

Jason Kidd is a tough guy but when you pair him up with this bunch of pansies and he's going to be rendered ineffective. Defense??? The Mav's have no clue. Jason Terry runs around now like a headless chicken.

Trade away your best young talent and your best Center..yeah good move Cuban. Dampier is easily the 40th best center in the NBA let alone the 2nd best center. My advice to all Dallas Mavericks players, front office and fans is to shut it and just play basketball.

:P

Findog
04-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Congratulations, you're in the running for one of the worst posters on here:

Cuban who accused Nellie of using proprietary information to beat them last year.

So says Nellie's lawyer. That's a real unbiased source.

You got Dirk who consistently disappears in the playoffs.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PofsN2LgH0I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PofsN2LgH0I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Defense??? The Mav's have no clue.

Yeah, 99 points per 100 possessions = no clue. The Mavs are worse than the Suns and Nuggets when it comes to defense.

Trade away your best young talent and your best Center..yeah good move Cuban. Dampier is easily the 40th best center in the NBA let alone the 2nd best center. My advice to all Dallas Mavericks players, front office and fans is to shut it and just play basketball.

I can't believe how a spare that plays 10 minutes a game has been elevated into Bill Russell. My advice to all Houston Rockets troll fans is to shut the fuck up until your team does something. Where the fuck do you get off talking smack to a team that has owned your asses going on about 8 years now?

Indazone
04-06-2008, 02:01 PM
:lmao:

haha Mav's are not getting a free pass from me.

Findog
04-06-2008, 02:02 PM
:lmao:

haha Mav's are not getting a free pass from me.

Great, hard-hitting take. You win this round.
:toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
:lol

Findog
04-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Bump

Our defense sucks.

DubMcDub
04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
The problem with the Mav's and their fans is that they all think they are better than they really are. You got a bunch of primadona crybabies on that team. Dampier who once said he was the 2nd best center in the NBA. HAHAHAH Cuban who accused Nellie of using proprietary information to beat them last year. Tell me that isn't the biggest pussy excuse of all time. You got Dirk who consistently disappears in the playoffs. Then you got the biggest whiner of all in Avery Johnson. Josh Howard..need I say more? LOL

Jason Kidd is a tough guy but when you pair him up with this bunch of pansies and he's going to be rendered ineffective. Defense??? The Mav's have no clue. Jason Terry runs around now like a headless chicken.

:P

See, this is the god damn problem that inevitably when a middle-of-the-pack team like Houston runs off a win streak. Suddenly, the fans think their shit smells sweeter.

Findog
04-06-2008, 05:57 PM
lol, Scolarules.

Where are you, you little punk bitch?

Findog
04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Desagana Diop CAN believe it's not butter...

Findog
DeSagana Diop's sperm tastes like mayonnaise and makes a great condiment for sandwiches.

Findog
When Devin Harris takes a piss outside, flowers grow.

Findog
Devin Harris' house is a sauna.

Findog
04-06-2008, 06:16 PM
DeSagana Diop can get a woman pregnant from anal sex.

Findog
04-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Devin Harris' penis killed 400,000 Japanese civilians at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

TampaDude
04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
There is no Theory of Evolution...just a list of animals that Diop allows to live...

Findog
04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Devin Harris has a mound of pubes you can hide a vcr in.

TampaDude
04-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Diop can travel through time...WITHOUT a flux capacitor!

Actually, time travels through Diop...

Findog
04-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Devin Harris loved the three F's: Food, Fun and Fisting. He and Marquis Daniels took Adrian Griffin out on his cigarette boat during All Star Weekend 2006 and I swear to you over those sweet, savage 72 hours Harris turned that poor man into his own personal finger puppet. Griffin's screams of agony alerted the coast guard so they pointed the prow of that fiberglass beauty out into international waters.

But that's nothing like the defensive plays you're gonna see during 40 games and 40 nights of TNT's coverage of the 2008 NBA playoffs.

TNT, Spurs versus Hornets, Catch it!

"Quit your bellyachin' Buck Rogers, it's just a diver's watch!"

Findog
04-06-2008, 06:46 PM
The human rectum is almost nightmarishly elastic. DeSagana Diop had four rubiks cubes shoved up there one day on a bet with Greg Buckner when a heroin-crazed Ric Bucher broke into the locker room and punched him right in the solar plexus. He shat out all four cubes and damned if they didn't emerge solved.

TNT, Mavericks vs Suns, Catch it!

"Shove 'em up there again Buckner and I'll just try to solve the reds."

Findog
04-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Rihanna can suck the sorrow off a grieving widow. She had DeSagana Diop's trouser snake buried tonsil-depth when a heroin-crazed Bill Walton burst into the locker room and punched him right in the solar plexus. Diop ejaculated his central nervous system and she lit up like a pinball machine at Binyon's.

But that's not half as sweet as the rim-rattling dunks and 3-point shots you're gonna see during 40 games and 40 nights of TNT's coverage of the 2008 NBA Playoffs.

TNT, Celtics versus Pistons, Catch it!

"Suck my knob, Music Woman!"

DaDakota
04-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Congrats on a great win, good job Mavs.....you guys are looking like you are righting the ship.

Glad you beat the Suns and put us up to 4th.....

DD

monosylab1k
04-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Congrats on a great win, good job Mavs.....you guys are looking like you are righting the ship.

Glad you beat the Suns and put us up to 4th.....

DD
You're in 5th. 3 teams from the SW Division can't be in the top 4, but considering your stupidity on alot of other topics, I can see why you wouldn't know that.

Findog
04-07-2008, 12:24 AM
^ Not gonna defend his other takes, but the Rockets would have HCA in the first round. For all intents and purposes, if the season ended today, they'd in effect be the 4th seed.

Findog
04-07-2008, 12:25 AM
And it would be a Hou-Uta rematch. Jazz wouldn't get stretched to 7 this time.

Findog
04-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Man, if the playoffs started today, we'd get Suns-Lakers and Mavs-Spurs in the first round, a Jazz-Rockets rematch and Nugz-Hornets. As much as I hate them, I think a Warriors-Hornets series would be more entertaining.

monosylab1k
04-07-2008, 12:47 AM
^ Not gonna defend his other takes, but the Rockets would have HCA in the first round. For all intents and purposes, if the season ended today, they'd in effect be the 4th seed.
They're still the 5th seed though.

DaDakota
04-07-2008, 12:59 AM
They're still the 5th seed though.

Yeah sure, the 5th seed with HCA....thus really the 4th seed..

Sheesh.

DD

Indazone
04-07-2008, 01:27 AM
heh, I am still here Findawg. The Mav's still played out the month of March below .500 lol. However, I'll give props where props are due. Good job on beating the Suns. Total collapse by the Suns and good defense in the 4th quarter.

Any predictions on the final schedule???

Seattle
Utah
Portland
Seattle
New Orleans

Hmmm I see 2 losses in your future maybe three.

monosylab1k
04-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Yeah sure, the 5th seed
thank you.

DaDakota
04-07-2008, 08:20 AM
thank you.

You playing hard to like again?

I liked you better when you ran for cover and had me on ignore.

DD

stretch
04-07-2008, 08:30 AM
You playing hard to like again?

I liked you better when you ran for cover and had me on ignore.

DD
why are you still posting? you have already proven yourself to be among the biggest idiots on this forum, as you run around talking shit about everyone elses team, when in fact you don't know shit about your own fucking team. i hope Kori pinks your ass.

DaDakota
04-07-2008, 08:48 AM
why are you still posting? you have already proven yourself to be among the biggest idiots on this forum, as you run around talking shit about everyone elses team, when in fact you don't know shit about your own fucking team. i hope Kori pinks your ass.

Isn't it fun how when people disagree about an OPINION, that the last line of defense for the weak and meek is to call them a name.

Typical, can't prove a point, so just call em an idiot.....LOL...well done sir.

Of course, if you actually used the onion above your shoulders you would realize that all of the arguments I have had with Mono and Findog are about my take on the Mavs trade for Kidd...which I think was a mistake and they think was good.

Just different opinions......

Nothing more.

DD

stretch
04-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Isn't it fun how when people disagree about an OPINION, that the last line of defense for the weak and meek is to call them a name.

Typical, can't prove a point, so just call em an idiot.....LOL...well done sir.

Of course, if you actually used the onion above your shoulders you would realize that all of the arguments I have had with Mono and Findog are about my take on the Mavs trade for Kidd...which I think was a mistake and they think was good.

Just different opinions......

Nothing more.

DD
to be honest, i didn't bother reading your argument in this thread, because all your other arguments ive seen in this forum have been incredibly weak and terribly misinformed. you don't even have correct facts when trying to back your arguments up.

Findog
04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Any predictions on the final schedule???

Seattle W
Utah W
Portland W
Seattle W
New Orleans - no prediction. Too soon to say if either team will have anything to play for.

DaDakota
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
to be honest, i didn't bother reading your argument in this thread, because all your other arguments ive seen in this forum have been incredibly weak and terribly misinformed. you don't even have correct facts when trying to back your arguments up.

When you are arguing about an opinion etc, there are not a lot of facts to back things up.

Most of the arguments I have had are concerning the Jason Kidd trade, which I think was awful.

I guess time will tell if it was a good trade or not.

DD

stretch
04-07-2008, 12:00 PM
When you are arguing about an opinion etc, there are not a lot of facts to back things up.

Most of the arguments I have had are concerning the Jason Kidd trade, which I think was awful.

I guess time will tell if it was a good trade or not.

DD
Lol, I love how you still ignore the fact that you dont know shit about your own team and gave incorrect "facts" to back up your opinion of comparing what T-Mac did without Yao, to Kobe without Bynum/Gasol or whatever it was.

DaDakota
04-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Lol, I love how you still ignore the fact that you dont know shit about your own team and gave incorrect "facts" to back up your opinion of comparing what T-Mac did without Yao, to Kobe without Bynum/Gasol or whatever it was.

Huh? I think you may have me confused......I never made an argument about Tmac/Kobe etc...

DD

Findog
04-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Diop with two DNP-CDs over the weekend. Yeah, quite a "missing piece" he is.

monosylab1k
04-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Diop with two DNP-CDs over the weekend. Yeah, quite a "missing piece" he is.
The Nets are saving him for the playoffs. If they get into a Game 7 OT against the Spurs, they know what Diop can do.

Findog
04-07-2008, 02:36 PM
The Nets are saving him for the playoffs. If they get into a Game 7 OT against the Spurs, they know what Diop can do.

:lmao

DaDakota
04-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Funny,

But it was not about Diop's value to the Nets, but his value to the Mavs.

I would hope you guys could understand the difference.

But apparently not.

DD

stretch
04-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Huh? I think you may have me confused......I never made an argument about Tmac/Kobe etc...

DD
Actually you sort of did.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91040&page=2

GTFO

monosylab1k
04-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Yes we understand he had more "value" to the Mavericks. We follow the team and we know better than you do.

In New Jersey he can't get off the bench.

In Dallas he could get into the game for 10-15 minutes a night.

Value to either team: minimal.

End of story.

DaDakota
04-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Mono, I know that is what you believe.

I believe that giving up Diop AND Harris and a first round pick was too much for an over the hill PG that can't shoot.

We are just not going to agree, and time will prove one of us right.

DD

DaDakota
04-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Actually you sort of did.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91040&page=2

GTFO

Sorry, I missed that thread....I clarified it....I was 100% right...and typical of people to pile on, and laugh when they don't know the true facts.

DD

stretch
04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Sorry, I missed that thread....I clarified it....I was 100% right...and typical of people to pile on, and laugh when they don't know the true facts.

DD
Yea, you clarified that you are a fucking moron.

I said it was a thread comparing the loss of Bynum/Gasol to the loss of Yao. Not about T-Mac and Kobe. You are seriously just reaching to find ways to look even more retarded.

DaDakota
04-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Yea, you clarified that you are a fucking moron.

I said it was a thread comparing the loss of Bynum/Gasol to the loss of Yao. Not about T-Mac and Kobe. You are seriously just reaching to find ways to look even more retarded.

And my point was that you can make any inference you want, as it is all a bunch of guess work anyway.

But, I guess you missed that point entirely.

Again, Typical.

DD

stretch
04-07-2008, 03:32 PM
And my point was that you can make any inference you want, as it is all a bunch of guess work anyway.

But, I guess you missed that point entirely, eh junior?

DD
The funny thing is, is that no one backs you up in any discussion whatsoever. 98% of the forum thinks you're fucking retarded, yet you keep insisting you are right. Something must be wrong here...

DaDakota
04-07-2008, 03:38 PM
The funny thing is, is that no one backs you up in any discussion whatsoever. 98% of the forum thinks you're fucking retarded, yet you keep insisting you are right. Something must be wrong here...

Who needs backup? Not I...I am perfectly capable of slapping down a couple of ingrates like you and Mono all by myself !

98%....yes, as in you and Mono, and Findog.....all the poor wittle Mavs fans who can't take any criticism of their ever fading team.

Look believe what you want......I will be proven right over time.

The Kidd trade ruined the Mavs chances of winning a championship this year.

DD

stretch
04-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Who needs backup? Not I...I am perfectly capable of slapping down a couple of ingrates like you and Mono all by myself !

98%....yes, as in you and Mono, and Findog.....all the poor wittle Mavs fans who can't take any criticism of their ever fading team.

DD
:dizzy

Findog
04-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Funny,

I would hope you guys could understand the difference.

But apparently not.

DD

Yes, he was such an irreplaceable part and our defense has fallen apart without him.

:rolleyes

Findog
04-07-2008, 05:52 PM

da_rockets_fan.

Shank
04-07-2008, 05:53 PM

DD

Attention whore.

Findog
04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
.all the poor wittle Mavs fans who can't take any criticism of their ever fading team.

DD

Criticizing the Mavs is fine. We wouldn't be on a Spurs board if we didn't have thick skin. Having to scroll past your retardation is just irritating.

stretch
04-07-2008, 06:15 PM
da_rockets_fan.
wow... he definitely does have a strange resemblance to da_suns_fan...

Findog
04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
wow... he definitely does have a strange resemblance to da_suns_fan...

I don't think it's the same poster, but his behavior is very similar: trolling obnoxiousness, unable to have a civil debate without resorting to taunts, prematurely declaring himself the winner of any argument, along with an obsession over a singular topic (the spurs getting bad tv ratings, the Mavs trading for Jason Kidd).

Funny how he's not here to rep his team anymore but to obsess over another one.

mavsfan1000
04-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes we made our comeback with DAMPIER on the court. When Dampier wasn't on the court, we struggled defensively. We need 48 minutes of great center defense to be a legit championship contender. That is all I have to say about that.

monosylab1k
04-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Yes we made our comeback with DAMPIER on the court. When Dampier wasn't on the court, we struggled defensively. We need 48 minutes of great center defense to be a legit championship contender. That is all I have to say about that.
Stop saying "we" when referring to the Mavericks. You're not a Mavs fan.

mavsfan1000
04-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Stop saying "we" when referring to the Mavericks. You're not a Mavs fan.
Screw you asshole.