PDA

View Full Version : Playoff picture in the West

DarrinS
04-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Hornets vs. Nuggets (great series)

Spurs or Lakers vs. Mavs (bye bye Mavs)

Spurs or Lakers vs. Rockets (bye bye Rockets)

Suns vs. Utah (another great series)

Thoughts?

loveforthegame
04-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I'd love to see a Suns-Jazz matchup.

DarrinS
04-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I'd love to see a Suns-Jazz matchup.

I also think the Nuggets will give the Hornets all they can handle. If the Nuggets were a better coached team, they'd be right up there at the top, IMO.

loveforthegame
04-05-2008, 10:30 AM
I thought it would be asking too much for the Nuggets to knock off the Hornets for us but I'd be rooting for them to do so.

No way the Spurs would get an easier 1st round matchup than the Rockets.

The Lakers-Mavs would be fun to watch too.

manufor3
04-05-2008, 10:32 AM
those would be great series

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Lets do a deal Spurs fans. If the Nuggets-Spurs dont meet in the 1st round, then we must cheer for the other team until we meet. That is assuming that either team get out of the 1st round :lol Thats more likely for the Spurs of course

George Gervin's Afro
04-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Lets do a deal Spurs fans. If the Nuggets-Spurs dont meet in the 1st round, then we must cheer for the other team until we meet. That is assuming that either team get out of the 1st round :lol Thats more likely for the Spurs of course

you guys need a better coach.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-05-2008, 10:47 AM
yeh but that wont happen until next season and so i have to accept what we have now :pctoss

George Gervin's Afro
04-05-2008, 10:49 AM
yeh but that wont happen until next season and so i have to accept what we have now :pctoss

your team has fantastic talent yet little discipline.. wasting years away when they should be, at the very least, growing as a team.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-05-2008, 10:54 AM
the scary thing is that JR Smith is the Nuggets X Factor......your team should never rely on such a person :lol

DarrinS
04-05-2008, 10:56 AM
the scary thing is that JR Smith is the Nuggets X Factor......your team should never rely on such a person :lol

It would also help if Carmelo committed himself to becoming a better defender.

Najera is another X-factor. Mavs are kicking themselves in the ass for letting that dude go.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Melo wll never become a better defender under GK. I would actually trade him for lesser talent that committed themselves to the game more. Id rather get stronger at other positions and downgrade at SF (to LK).

urunobili
04-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Melo wll never become a better defender under GK. I would actually trade him for lesser talent that committed themselves to the game more. Id rather get stronger at other positions and downgrade at SF (to LK).
who would you trade Carmelo for?

Gino
04-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Eh....Spurs are only a game ahead of Phoneix with Phoenix currently owning the tie breaker.

If the Suns beat the Spurs on Wednesday, the Spurs could very likely end up playing the jazz.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-05-2008, 11:43 PM
bump bump

ManuTastic
04-06-2008, 10:18 AM

That's nuts, no offense. Much, much better to ship out Iverson and GK and build around Melo. He's the real deal, but there's no way he can grow with AI being "the Man." Melo is about as close to unguardable as there is in this league, and they need to recognize that and clear AI out. Also bring in a coach who knows how to teach defense. That team would go bananas.

Just wondering: would anyone take AI + KMart (a truly overrated bitch) for one decent player? Must research...