PDA

View Full Version : The troops are daft. We need a draft.

boutons_
04-05-2008, 05:50 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/06/washington/06military.html?ex=1365134400&en=a454673f383bfd27&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/15/us/15vets.html?scp=7&sq=marriage+iraq&st=nyt

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/06/fashion/06marriage.html?ex=1365134400&en=25ab0e321a5cd793&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

With a draft, we could occupy Iraq for McCain's 100 years (nobody will shoot at or kill anymore US people).

The insanity continues with no end in sight.

you're doing a heckuva job, dubya.

http://images.marketworks.com/hi/50/49711/sb3005.jpg

balli
04-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Bush a Co. (see idiots in the dictionary) love to frame Iraq as THE defining and most important battle of the 21st century, but refuse to commit anything but China's money and our own over-extended troops. Bring on the draft and all the Iraq/Bush supporters will realize how utterly stupid and meaningless this whole mess has been.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Yep, a draft is the only way someome like Boutons can serve. I say we're better off without the likes of Boutobs in the military

Keep bringing up these idiotic threads and I'll hammer away at times. If you took the time to find the McCain quote in context, you will see that your viewpoint is TOTAL BULLSHIT!

boutons_
04-05-2008, 07:19 PM
WC, you couldn't hammer your own dick.

Address the excrutiating problems for the military raised by the Iraq war, or STFU.

PEP
04-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Been there, done that, and I'll do it again and wont cry like a little bitch which I'm sure some of the draftees would probably be doing or flee to Canada.

6tXUvxiVshY

Don Quixote
04-05-2008, 10:16 PM
A draft's not going to happen. Congress doesn't want it (voted down 420-2 in the House in 2004), the President doesn't want it, and I know the Pentagon doesn't want it.

Our military is currently an all-volunteer force. This means, obviously, that it contains only men and women who want to be in. People who want to be in are more committed and generally bring more skills and expertise to the table than would a draftee. Furthermore, wars are no longer fought the way they were in the past. Up through Vietnam, our wars were ground-based and resulted in heavy casualties. With the advent of air warfare and modern technology, we don't have the casualties that we used to get, which is a great thing. And the American media today would have a kniption if we were losing men like we were losing in WW2. Bottom line is, fewer casualties and a more technologically-based warfare mean a fewer need for "bodies," which means a draft is likely not going to be needed.

Now ... the troops who have bravely served in Iraq and Afgh. are stressed and deserve our sympathy and support. We need to take their concerns seriously. But a draft wouldn't do it.

BonnerDynasty
04-05-2008, 10:52 PM
I watched that PBS frontline show last night around 1 am.

:(

Spurminator
04-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Here comes the election year "Republicans want a Draft" crap again.

Ask NBADan about the 2005 military draft.

boutons_
04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
And all the super-patriot, red-state kids who support dubya and his bullshit war and empire?

"my country, right or wrong .... as long a I don't have to fight or to pay"

Spurminator
04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
So do you favor a draft, boutons?

ChuckD
04-06-2008, 09:29 PM
So do you favor a draft, boutons?
I favor a draft with no exemptions or exceptions of any kind. When the Congress critters have to see their kids get maimed and killed is when we talk before we shoot (ourselves in the foot).

fyatuk
04-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Been there, done that, and I'll do it again and wont cry like a little bitch which I'm sure some of the draftees would probably be doing or flee to Canada.

Not me, I'd go to jail :p:

Nbadan
04-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Here comes the election year "Republicans want a Draft" crap again.

Ask NBADan about the 2005 military draft.

Yeah.....I thought we really wanted to win this war, but I was wrong....

PEP
04-06-2008, 11:32 PM
lol pussies

boutons_
04-06-2008, 11:53 PM
No, I don't favor a draft.

I favor that dubya's chicken-shit voters "support the troops" not with their lips and yellow ribbons but with their lives following their votes, starting with the members' of Congress' kids, Willard's 5 boys, dubya's girls, etc.

Purple & Gold
04-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Serving in the military should be mandatory for everybody.

04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
No, I don't favor a draft.

I favor that dubya's chicken-shit voters "support the troops" not with their lips and yellow ribbons but with their lives following their votes, starting with the members' of Congress' kids, Willard's 5 boys, dubya's girls, etc.

So, you don't favor a draft, yet you want to force adults to have to serve mandatory terms in the armed forces?

boutons_
04-08-2008, 09:32 PM
"to force adults"

I'm forcing nobody. The super-patriots who elected dubya should volunteer to die in his bullshit wars.

mavs>spurs2
04-09-2008, 12:29 AM
"to force adults"

I'm forcing nobody. The super-patriots who elected dubya should volunteer to die in his bullshit wars.

Exactly. If we have a draft, you can find my ass in Canada. And for the "pussy" comments that are sure to come, fuck you go put your own life on the risk and i'll worry about mine.

Purple & Gold
04-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Exactly. If we have a draft, you can find my ass in Canada. And for the "pussy" comments that are sure to come, fuck you go put your own life on the risk and i'll worry about mine.

I served in the military and I wouldn't blame you at all if you were a draft dodger. If you don't believe in the reason why your country is at war, then you shouldn't have to fight/kill for it. If everybody had to serve for a period of time, then maybe politicians wouldn't be so quick to go to war. It's much easier to vote for war when you have nobody you care about doing the actual fighting.

Trainwreck2100
04-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Good thing im a quaker

DarrinS
04-09-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm starting to pick up subtle hints that some people don't care about Bush very much.

:wakeup

xrayzebra
04-09-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm starting to pick up subtle hints that some people don't care about Bush very much.

:wakeup

Nor their country. Just the bennies they get from being
America.
:oink

rascal
04-09-2008, 11:49 AM
"to force adults"

Good idea. If you support a candidate who supports the war then you are eligible in a draft. Then we will see how many really support a pro war candidate.

fyatuk
04-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Good idea. If you support a candidate who supports the war then you are eligible in a draft. Then we will see how many really support a pro war candidate.

I've always been a fan of the draft being tied to gun ownership...

jacobdrj
04-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I am not against a draft. I am for gun ownership, along the lines of a drivers license, and I think people who are proponents of these things probably wouldn't care if rascal's idea was implemented in the 1st place.
I get it, sarcasm. But as far as the title of the thread, perhaps a draft would be good for the armed forces. Problem is that you have to have a war your people believe in, like WW2, for it to really work.

boutons_
04-09-2008, 02:12 PM
The brass last year predicted APR 08 as the month the military would "break".

It's apparently happening, but all we get from ass-kissing parrot Petraeus is "stay the course", aka "fuck the troops".

The decision to invade Iraq was purely a political decision.

The decsion to leave Iraq will be a purely political decision, not a miliary decision.

The US is still occupying Kuweit and Saudi Arabia, close enough to keep an eye on Iraq, de-occupied Iraq, and anybody else in the region.

xrayzebra
04-09-2008, 02:17 PM

It's apparently happening, but all we get from ass-kissing parrot Petraeus is "stay the course", aka "fuck the troops".

Why are you worried boutons. You aren't concerned with
this war any how and you wont fight for anything.

Just sit back, relax. The troops will support your sorry
ass and the rest of the 'daft' twerps who don't support
your country or troops. The big difference between you
and the troops. They will support you.

DarrinS
04-09-2008, 02:26 PM

You a member of MoveOn or something?

boutons_
04-09-2008, 02:30 PM
You don't count, I don't count, can you address Petraeus/Crocker bullshit or not?

fyatuk
04-09-2008, 02:30 PM

That's been predicted to happen at least once a year since 2005. The prediction itself means nothing.

Nbadan
04-09-2008, 02:36 PM
That's been predicted to happen at least once a year since 2005. The prediction itself means nothing.

It means a lot if your a stop-gap troop or a member of his/her family...

fyatuk
04-09-2008, 03:24 PM
It means a lot if your a stop-gap troop or a member of his/her family...

Not really. The prediction still means nothing because it's been made and failed so many times.

What matters is what's really going on, not what people disconnected from what's going on predict will happen.

boutons_
04-09-2008, 05:05 PM
"What matters is what's really going on"

..... which is that the troops are under enormous strain, 60,000 enslaved by stop-loss orders, multiple deployments with little down time, and there is no end is sight. The strain will continue to increase.

Wild Cobra
04-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Serving in the military should be mandatory for everybody.
I agree to a point. I agree that every able-bodied citizen should do like a 6 month military service. No call to combat, just military style training.