PDA

View Full Version : how to beat Houston

milkyway21
01-15-2005, 03:26 AM
...Barry was invisible tonight, but shld to make those treys to help us win. I want revenge... I can't stand seeing "that" Tmac highlights on ESPN again and again, okay? :flipoff

atlfan25
01-15-2005, 03:35 AM
the spurs will FUCKING smoke htown. this is fact :fro

cmurek
01-15-2005, 06:11 AM
How to win? Treade Drunkan for Ellis K.!

boutons
01-15-2005, 09:53 AM
I got a really bad feeling about this Spurs@Rockets game. The re-building Rockets are finding their stride, playing much better now than before Christmas:

HOU are 7-3 in Last10 (6-1 @HOU),
W-streak 3,
offense-defense averaging 102 - 97 PPG,
@DAL, 5 HOU players got 6+ RBs (desire, hustle)
Howard and Sura had huge scoring games this week (offense other than Tracy, Yao),
Have the confidence of having caused softie SA to collapse into a highlight roadkill in the last game @HOU.

The Spurs must play their very best game (aka defense), but you never know with the box-of-chocolates Spurs. One thing one knows with certitude about the Spurs, their box of chocolates is way too soft inside.

And, of course, Spurs are not tough on the road. (7/8 losses/road)

Solid D
01-15-2005, 07:42 PM
TP has been playing at such a high level lately. The last time the Spurs played Houston, TP really struggled to score and for 2 reasons.

1) Houston's length in the frontcourt
2) Little-used but cat-quick Andre Barrett was inserted and he played the game of his life, particularly so in defending TP.

This game has a different look to it, though, because Wesley and Sura have been scoring well and the usually low-scoring Houston has been averaging 104.8 points per game over the past 8 games.

I've seen the Rockets play a couple of times in the past week or so and there are times they look bogged down and have poor movement without the ball. Then they go on runs and get in synch and really can light it up. They look different but I think the Spurs can beat them if they can hit some outside shots.

T-Mass would help them tonight, particularly so if Horry's head/neck limit his effectiveness. Malik may be too short matchups-wise.

Key to win is don't pass up good shots. Even is there is slightly less space to shoot in, shoot it in rhythm any way.