PDA

View Full Version : They key to beating the Suns.......

DazedAndConfused
04-06-2008, 05:18 PM
P&R fat ass Shaq to death. I can't believe it took Avery 3 quarters to figure that out.

coldsweat
04-06-2008, 05:27 PM
...and defend the suns pick-and-roll. sometimes they were switching the p-n-r and kidd was occasionally able to front stoudamire and deny him the ball (and since nash was shooting horribly today, taking his jumper was the right option).

*EDIT: also, the ability to defend plays as these is why i still like the kidd trade for the mavs. even though kidd is not as fast as harris, he is bigger and stronger and can defend the post. if you're playing post-up guards as billups, kidd's defense is crucial.

Holmes_Fans
04-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I am surprised he figured it out at all.

1Parker1
04-06-2008, 05:31 PM
What's even dumber is Dirk. I know he was the reason the Mavs ended up winning. But Dirk made some crazy hard shots that could have been a lot easier.

He has a switch and Shaq defending him on the peremeter, and instead of driving into the lane, he kept trying to stay on the peremeter and dribbled to create space between him and Shaq to shoot fadeaways.

Good game by the Mavs though :tu

Of course this means the Suns will come out extra pissed against the Spurs on Thursday now... :lol

DazedAndConfused
04-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Spurs fans you do realize if the Lakers overtake you at the #2 spot and the rest of the standings stay where they are at........you will play the Suns in the 1st round :)

sribb43
04-06-2008, 05:36 PM
What's even dumber is Dirk. I know he was the reason the Mavs ended up winning. But Dirk made some crazy hard shots that could have been a lot easier.

He has a switch and Shaq defending him on the peremeter, and instead of driving into the lane, he kept trying to stay on the peremeter and dribbled to create space between him and Shaq to shoot fadeaways.
Good game by the Mavs though :tu

Of course this means the Suns will come out extra pissed against the Spurs on Thursday now... :lol

while i agree with what your saying...i believe dirk still being hobbled by that ankle plays a key role in him not wanting to drive the lane and land on someones foot

1Parker1
04-06-2008, 05:43 PM
while i agree with what your saying...i believe dirk still being hobbled by that ankle plays a key role in him not wanting to drive the lane and land on someones foot

You're right, I know he was hobbled by the ankle, but I just think that's naturally Dirk's game. I know he's more comfortable shooting fadaway jumpshots, but he has the talent and ability to drive to the hoop a lot more than he does.

mavsfan1000
04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Suns and Mavs aren't what they used to be. :(

Findog
04-06-2008, 05:48 PM
I am surprised he figured it out at all.

+1

:toast

TampaDude
04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Spurs fans you do realize if the Lakers overtake you at the #2 spot and the rest of the standings stay where they are at........you will play the Suns in the 1st round :)

Yeah...and if your mama had wheels, she'd be a wagon... :lol

himat
04-06-2008, 07:12 PM
The standings will change in a few games anyways. It's hard to "tank" for a certain seed because you won't know the seedings for the playoffs until the last game of the regular season because every team is so close to each other.

ducks
04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
would not suns get lakers?

Allanon
04-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Shaq's never been any good and defending that pick and roll...even back to the Laker championship days.

Spuradicator
04-06-2008, 07:57 PM

You realize how stupid it is to talk playoff seeding right now with how tight the west is. It changes every day. No point to it at all. If we play the Suns in round 1, big fucking deal.

DazedAndConfused
04-06-2008, 07:58 PM
You do realize I was fucking joking right?

Man of Steel
04-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Suns in the first round?

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

1Parker1
04-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I really hope the first round ends up being a Suns vs Lakers. That would be the most entertaining first round series, I think. Especially given the two team's history in recent postseasons.

A Mavs vs Suns would be even better, but I don't think that's going to be possible with just a few games left and the Mavs barely holding to the 7th seed and the Suns basically going to be in the 5th or 6th spot.

Allanon
04-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Spurs can have Suns in the first round, I'd rather the Lakers play Houston, Nuggets, Mavs.

Hemotivo
04-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Kidd was excellent on D

DazedAndConfused
04-06-2008, 08:58 PM
I would want the Suns in the 2nd round or WCF is possible. We need an easy 1st round for Bynum to get re-acclimated.

td4mvp21
04-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I would want the Suns in the 2nd round or WCF is possible. We need an easy 1st round for Bynum to get re-acclimated.

But it would be so fucking funny if the Lakers eliminated them in the first round...remember what that bitch D'Antoni said after the second game of the season vs. the Lakers? :lol

MavDynasty
04-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Suns and Mavs aren't what they used to be. :(

Your gonna switch teams now aren't you?Fucking bandwagoner pussy

BonnerDynasty
04-06-2008, 11:39 PM
The NBA:

Do we let the Suns win to make up for the 2nd round circus of last year?

or

Do we let our darlings advance (LAL)?

decisions decisions....

DazedAndConfused
04-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Do you really believe the NBA is going to cheat games so either the Suns or Lakers can advance in the playoffs? How does that explain your fucking pathetic small-town abysmal ratings team winning 4 in 9?

mavsfan1000
04-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Your gonna switch teams now aren't you?Fucking bandwagoner pussy
Fucking die asshole.

mojorizen7
04-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Do you really believe the NBA is going to cheat games so either the Suns or Lakers can advance in the playoffs? How does that explain your fucking pathetic small-town abysmal ratings team winning 4 in 9?
Duncan has nude photos of Stern & he keeps 'em in Pops basement....thats how.
NBA definately wants SUNS/LAKERS at some point. It would make for an entertaining high drama series to be sure.
SUNS biggest playoff disadvantage unfortunately will continue to be Mike :bang D'Anfuckingtoni.

Xylus
04-07-2008, 02:28 AM
What you witnessed today in the 4th quarter, is the worst the Phoenix Suns can potentially play. You won't see that again.

stretch
04-07-2008, 08:24 AM
On defending the P&R, I think we need to stop switching though. Kidd is not like Terry and Harris. He is much bigger and stronger than them, and can fight through picks. I don't mind switching from time to time, as Kidd did a good job of fronting stoudemire, but I prefer if Kidd tries to fight through the pick. I thought he did a great job, but several times Damp didn't seem to expect him to make it through, and they both ended up on Nash, leaving Stoudemire open for easy dunks.

Xylus
04-07-2008, 04:21 PM
The Mavericks played excellent defense in the last 7 minutes of the game. The few open shots we did have, we just couldn't knock 'em down.

It was clear that the Mavericks played with a lot more heart than the Suns.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-07-2008, 04:38 PM
In regards to the Mavs pick and roll:

http://coachingbetterbball.blogspot.com/

Banzai
04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Suns in the first round?

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!
That's what I thought..if anything I'd imagine all of the Spurs fans would love to see the Suns eliminated in the first round.