PDA

View Full Version : ACL 2008 Rumors

ATRAIN
04-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Official lineup will be out on the 15th of this month but I have heard tons of rumors of who will headline this year and if they are true it will be the biggest festival of the year. Here are some of the headlining rumors I have heard.

Coldplay
Radiohead
R.E.M
Pearl Jam
Wilco
The Raconteurs
Beck
Ben Harper
Jack Johnson

There are also some people spitting out Rage and Metallica. If Pearl Jam is on there im in for sure. Radiohead and Pj would make for the biggest fest in the US IMO.

timvp
04-07-2008, 09:20 AM
I heard Mickael Gelabale but I forgot to double check.

peewee's lovechild
04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Official lineup will be out on the 15th of this month but I have heard tons of rumors of who will headline this year and if they are true it will be the biggest festival of the year. Here are some of the headlining rumors I have heard.

Coldplay
Radiohead
R.E.M
Pearl Jam
Wilco
The Raconteurs
Beck
Ben Harper
Jack Johnson

Don't really care for Beck, and I've yet to listen to the Racounteurs.

But, the bands in bold would be a must see for me.

God damn you ATRAIN if this isn't true!!

Soul_Patch
04-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Wow...if this is the case im definately in.

I bet tickets will be hard to come by though.

Kermit
04-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Every year there's a wishlist posted and every year 95% of it isn't true. The Rancanteurs are already playing Austin twice this month. They probably aren't coming back. Coldplay? Tickle me not interested. Wilco was there last year. Probably not coming this year as they are also playing a two night engagement at Stubbs. Radiohead is a pipedream. PJ might happen, but doubtful. R.E.M. was just in Austin and headlined the fest three(?) years ago. ACL is usually epic, but they can't seem to draw the big acts like some festivals out west. I hope they go after Daft Punk but they might not be touring right now.

Edit: On second thought, after seeing the break Radiohead has between August and September, it's a possibility.

ATRAIN
04-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Every year there's a wishlist posted and every year 95% of it isn't true. The Rancanteurs are already playing Austin twice this month. They probably aren't coming back. Coldplay? Tickle me not interested. Wilco was there last year. Probably not coming this year as they are also playing a two night engagement at Stubbs. Radiohead is a pipedream. PJ might happen, but doubtful. R.E.M. was just in Austin and headlined the fest three(?) years ago. ACL is usually epic, but they can't seem to draw the big acts like some festivals out west. I hope they go after Daft Punk but they might not be touring right now.

Edit: On second thought, after seeing the break Radiohead has between August and September, it's a possibility.

Well Radiohead is touring so maybe possible and I could see PJ coming.

Thunder Dan
04-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Go to Lollapalooza you will not regret it. Chicago is an incredible city, and the lineup this year is awesome

Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Nine Inch Nails
Kayne
Wilco
The Raconteurs
Gnarls Barkley
Bloc Party
The Black Keys
Broken Social Scene
Lupe Fiasco
Brand New
Flogging Molly

plus like 75 more

katyon6th
04-07-2008, 10:33 AM
I'll wait for the official lineup to get excited. This is such a fucking tease.

Kermit is right, 95% of those damn rumors are hardly ever correct. Although, just because acts are playing in Austin already, doesn't mean they won't play at ACL. I've seen a few bands over the last three years play the Thursday before ACL starts and then play Fri/Sat/Sun at ACL. They've also shown up earlier in the year and still play ACL.

ATRAIN
04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Go to Lollapalooza you will not regret it. Chicago is an incredible city, and the lineup this year is awesome

Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Nine Inch Nails
Kayne
Wilco
The Raconteurs
Gnarls Barkley
Bloc Party
The Black Keys
Broken Social Scene
Lupe Fiasco
Brand New
Flogging Molly

plus like 75 more

Damn your right that is a hell of a lineup.

MannyIsGod
04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Coldplay sucks badly now.

I do want to see PJ if they go though. That'd be insane.

Soul_Patch
04-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Ben Harper, Beck, Jack Johnson...all very much worth the time and money.

hope at least one of those guys will be there.

heyaheya
04-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Radiohead will not be at ACL bc they are already confirmed for Lollapalooza. I wish like hell they would be, but when a band plays for one they don't play for the other- sorry to say. Plus look at Radiohead's tour dates, they finish their second leg in the Sates at the end of Aug. and are due in Japan at the start of Oct. Sorry all, but not gonna happen this year, yet again.... :dizzy :smokin :dizzy

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Pearl Jam will be playing: Dallas 9/25, Austin 9/28, and Houston and or San Antonio soon after per Mike McCready

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Pearl Jam will be playing: Dallas 9/25, Austin 9/28, and Houston and or San Antonio soon after per Mike McCready

SHUT UP are you serious?

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 10:01 AM
yep, long time rumors seem to be true

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 10:09 AM
yep, long time rumors seem to be true

Do you know the venue's.......Austin mainly. Im sure Houston will be the Woodlands and SA will be that horrible one.

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 10:32 AM
not sure, it's just hard rumor in the Pearl Jam world, but it now makes both Mike and Jeff that have said they are playing ACL this year.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 10:40 AM
not sure, it's just hard rumor in the Pearl Jam world, but it now makes both Mike and Jeff that have said they are playing ACL this year.

Damn I hope thats true!!!

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Hey Midge, Dan has the dates up that are rumored.

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 10:50 AM
I say it's pretty solid considering 2 band members are the ones that started the whole thing.. even going as far to give dates

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey Midge, Dan has the dates up that are rumored.

Where?

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I say it's pretty solid considering 2 band members are the ones that started the whole thing.. even going as far to give dates

Yeah thats awesome.

peewee's lovechild
Nevermind.

ATRAIN
Nevermind.

LOL

peewee's lovechild
Looks like I'll have to buy some tix to ACL.

Now, if only we could bring in Bruce Springsteen . . .

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Looks like I'll have to buy some tix to ACL.

Now, if only we could bring in Bruce Springsteen . . .

LMAO

Kermit
04-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss is one that I'm hearing, which would kick all kinds of ass. I hear Justice might be there as well, which also kicks ass as I missed them the first time through. I really, really hope Coldplay stays away from this one.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss is one that I'm hearing, which would kick all kinds of ass. I hear Justice might be there as well, which also kicks ass as I missed them the first time through. I really, really hope Coldplay stays away from this one.

Coldplay really kicked some ass at ACL a couple of years back.

I thought they were pretty damn good.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 11:14 AM

I saw them at Coachella a few years ago and was kind of bored. I love thier stuff even though the first cd has bad ex memories attached.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I saw them at Coachella a few years ago and was kind of bored. I love thier stuff even though the first cd has bad ex memories attached.

I thought they put on a damn good show at the ACL Festival a couple of years ago. But, I'm a fan, so I could be prejudice about the performance.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 11:17 AM
I thought they put on a damn good show at the ACL Festival a couple of years ago. But, I'm a fan, so I could be prejudice about the performance.

Well im a fan too but I guess I would rather see the in a venue where im sitting down watching from the Mezzanine.

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 11:19 AM

dude, I can't listen to their last cd because of some terrible memories...maybe it's something with Coldplay. (I mean I don't ever have a time where I'm like "man I wish I could really listen to x&y...because I really think that album sucked except for the last song and a little bit of the 1st song)

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 11:20 AM
dude, I can't listen to their last cd because of some terrible memories...maybe it's something with Coldplay. (I mean I don't ever have a time where I'm like "man I wish I could really listen to x&y...because I really think that album sucked except for the last song and a little bit of the 1st song)

Yeah that was the worst of the 3. The first album was the best even though a stupid bitch fucked it up for me. Politik is my fav song from theirs though.

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah that was the worst of the 3. The first album was the best even though a stupid bitch fucked it up for me. Politik is my fav song from theirs though.

I dig High Speed, Don't Panic, Spies, Green Eyes,Til Kingdom Come and Warning Sign...the rest is eehh

Kermit
04-09-2008, 11:29 AM

Eh. After seeing Arcade Fire, everything else was a blur that weekend. Coldplay and the massive amounts of dust I inhaled put me in a bad mood and I've never forgotten how bad it sucked to be stuck there, unable to breath and listening to Yellow for the 1,000,000,000,000th time.

peewee's lovechild
04-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Eh. After seeing Arcade Fire, everything else was a blur that weekend. Coldplay and the massive amounts of dust I inhaled put me in a bad mood and I've never forgotten how bad it sucked to be stuck there, unable to breath and listening to Yellow for the 1,000,000,000,000th time.

Yea, the dust sucked ass.

When I went in, I was laughing at the people who were walking around with masks or bandanas covering their mouth and nose.

The joke was on me about an hour later.

Mark in Austin
04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
I just can't shake the feeling that Coldplay and REM have morphed into Emo music for adults. Ick.

Plant and Krauss would be all kinds of awesome, as would Pearl Jam. The last time I saw PJ live was at Southpark Meadows more than 10 years ago.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 01:52 PM
I just can't shake the feeling that Coldplay and REM have morphed into Emo music for adults. Ick.

Plant and Krauss would be all kinds of awesome, as would Pearl Jam. The last time I saw PJ live was at Southpark Meadows more than 10 years ago.

I miss the Meadows!!

leemajors
04-09-2008, 01:58 PM
honestly, who cares! RZA as Bobbby Digital June 11th at Emos!

T Park
04-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Fuck if PJ comes, I will fly into SA to watch that shit from Cali.

Thunder Dan
04-09-2008, 02:09 PM
if anyone plans on going to one of those Pearl Jam shows, I suggest getting a 10Club membership. You will get to buy tickets during the presale where you can be in the first 10 rows. They don't allow new members to buy during a presale if you sign up after the announcement. So if you want good tickets I suggest it. It's $20 and you get a CD at Christmas, posters, and a couple magazines throughout the year...best part is the tickets though.

ATRAIN
04-09-2008, 02:24 PM
if anyone plans on going to one of those Pearl Jam shows, I suggest getting a 10Club membership. You will get to buy tickets during the presale where you can be in the first 10 rows. They don't allow new members to buy during a presale if you sign up after the announcement. So if you want good tickets I suggest it. It's $20 and you get a CD at Christmas, posters, and a couple magazines throughout the year...best part is the tickets though.

Ten Club I never did it but yeah I might do it this year. Especially since I might hit up all 3 Texas shows.

G-Nob
04-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Coldplay? Tell honestfool84. He'll be all over that like a homo at a weiney roast.

atxrocker
04-09-2008, 03:15 PM
honestly, who cares! RZA as Bobbby Digital June 11th at Emos!

hells yeah!

happy
04-09-2008, 03:16 PM
ACL SUcks DAH!

midgetonadonkey
04-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Pearl Jam better play or I will be really disappointed.

Thunder Dan
04-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Pearl Jam better play or I will be really disappointed.

It's been a rumor on the Message Pit for awhile now. I've been around long enough to know that when rumors stick in that place they are usually solid. I remember them talking about Bonaroo back in December. Plus, Jeff (PJ bassist) talked to a class at the University of Montana back in like December and said they are playing it, and Mike (lead guitar) said a couple weeks ago they are and even gave dates. People have already booked flights and hotels the rumor is that solid. Normally when a rumor goes for that long if there is no life to it one of the mods comes in and gives a heads up to not book flights and hotels and all that.

jman3000
04-11-2008, 11:07 AM
anybody go to the mars volta show last night in austin?

wish i had been a bit closer... but bad ass show nonetheless.

Thunder Dan
04-11-2008, 11:17 AM
anybody go to the mars volta show last night in austin?

wish i had been a bit closer... but bad ass show nonetheless.

ATRAIN went

jman3000
04-11-2008, 11:25 AM
cool... ill have to message him. i have a bunch of pics.

also found out where the after party was and got to see the band in person. pretty great show.

Kermit
04-15-2008, 07:58 AM
I think Pearl Jam meant that they were playing ACL 2009.

http://www.aclfestival.com/lineup.aspx

Worst headliner ever. Foo Fighters? Every other band looks great though.

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 08:16 AM
cool... ill have to message him. i have a bunch of pics.

also found out where the after party was and got to see the band in person. pretty great show.

What the hell J you cant call nobody?? The one thing that pissed me off about the show is that I really wanted to hear Metatron and when they played Aberinkula (which leads into Metatron) I was excited till they went into Drunkship of Lanters. Don't get me wrong Drunkship is a bad ass song, but I have already heard them play it live. This being my first show at the newly remodeled Austin Music Hall, I do have to say im impressed.

Thunder Dan
04-15-2008, 08:24 AM
looks like no PJ at ACL, but maybe a couple dates on their own? Who knows. I wouldn't go to see Foo Fighters that is for sure

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Yeah looks like me not attending ACL streak will continue this year. Shit maybe ill meet up with you in Chi town for Lollapalooza Dan.

Thunder Dan
04-15-2008, 08:32 AM
yeah Lollapalooza is probably the best US festival this year. I know it's in the best city. If you have never been to Chicago you should go, it's a great city.

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 08:35 AM
yeah Lollapalooza is probably the best US festival this year. I know it's in the best city. If you have never been to Chicago you should go, it's a great city.

Yeah Im really considering it now and I have family in Chicago that I have never visited so this might be my chance. Do they have a schedule on who is playing what day yet?

Thunder Dan
04-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Yeah Im really considering it now and I have family in Chicago that I have never visited so this might be my chance. Do they have a schedule on who is playing what day yet?

Not all of the bands, but sifting through what bands have said it's looking like

Friday Black Keys,Wilco and Radiohead

Saturday Rage Against the Machine

Sunday Nine Inch Nails and Kayne West

but they said it won't be official till June. But Radiohead is 100% on Friday night because of other tour commitments

ATRAIN
04-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Not all of the bands, but sifting through what bands have said it's looking like

Friday Black Keys,Wilco and Radiohead

Saturday Rage Against the Machine

Sunday Nine Inch Nails and Kayne West

but they said it won't be official till June. But Radiohead is 100% on Friday night because of other tour commitments

I will be thinking about it. I have 2 weddings that I am in this summer so hopefully none conflict with the festival.

jman3000
04-16-2008, 04:28 PM
What the hell J you cant call nobody?? The one thing that pissed me off about the show is that I really wanted to hear Metatron and when they played Aberinkula (which leads into Metatron) I was excited till they went into Drunkship of Lanters. Don't get me wrong Drunkship is a bad ass song, but I have already heard them play it live. This being my first show at the newly remodeled Austin Music Hall, I do have to say im impressed.

i dont even have your number fag. i thought it was a great show too... started really quick though... i thought id have a litte bit of time to work my way up... but they started just a little bit after the doors opened.

ended up left-center about 20 feet from stage... not too bad i suppose.

we found out the after party was at the beauty bar on 7th and got to see some of the guys... i think everybody but omar went.

Thunder Dan
04-18-2008, 11:26 AM
the black keys tore the roof off letterman last night