PDA

View Full Version : Comic book counterparts

Mister Sinister
04-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Ok, so, I've made several comments in the past about trying to think of our boys's comic book counterparts, and I've finally got a semi-decent list going. It's as of yet incomplete, but if you guys have any ideas, feel free to share. Also, Kori, sorry if this is in the wrong section and all.

Timmy: Black Bolt. When he speaks, mountains crumble.

Manu: I had a little trouble with Manu, to be honest. See, on one hand, you could say he's like the Hulk, in that, you won't like him when he's angry. On the other, you could say he's the god-damn Juggernaut, in that, you can't stop him. On a third hand, you could say he's Wolverine, what with the fact that the possibility of injury doesn't seem to deter him, *and* the slashing.

Tony: Northstar. They're both French, they're both fast, and one of them, is a homosexual.

Bowen: Yellow-Jacket. Bruce isn't exactly huge, and he damn sure annoys other players.

Horry: Mister Sinister. See, this one works for a couple reasons. Horry's *old*, and Sinister? Yeah, he's been around since Victorian England. In the Ultimate universe, Sinister shoved Xavier down a flight of stairs. And we all remember what Horry did to Nash last PO's.

Bonner: The Silver Surfer. Now you may be thinking, "Hideyori, are you fucking *stoned*? How could Bonner be compared to the Surfer?" My answer is simple. They're both Heralds. Now, obviously, one's a herald of a world-eating cosmic being, and the other's a herald of the game being over, buuuut....eh.

More to come, and, GOD, I'm a nerd.

duncan228
04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
You're a lovable nerd though. :)

G-Nob
04-07-2008, 11:52 AM
yes but who are their anime counterparts

Mister Sinister
04-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Coming soon...Transformers counterparts! >_>;

urunobili
04-07-2008, 12:07 PM
i thought Manu was going to be Superman...

spursrocksocks
04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
bluntman and chronic? tim and manu

BonnerDynasty
04-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Bonner = The Living Tribunal.

Mister Sinister
04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
i thought Manu was going to be Superman...
But Superman's a pussy.

Mister Sinister
04-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Bonner = The Living Tribunal.
If Bonner's the Living Tribunal, does that make JV the One-Above-All?

Shaolin-Style
04-07-2008, 12:34 PM
So Tim Duncan is a skrull, who else is one?

And I gotta think Manu is the hulk, don't make him angry, dead on.
And bowen as Iron Man.

Mister Sinister
04-07-2008, 12:37 PM
So Tim Duncan is a skrull, who else is one?

And I gotta think Manu is the hulk, don't make him angry, dead on.
And bowen as Iron Man.
Oh, hell, that's right, I forgot BB is a Skrull. :lol

I dunno about Bruce as Iron Man...he's not enough of a drunk and he's not really an asshole like Tony Stark is. Barry is Deadpool, though.

DAF86
04-07-2008, 12:48 PM
So you're also known as Hideyori

http://www.poundingtherock.com/story/2008/4/4/184952/1525#commenttop

Note how aaronstampler stole Fab's nick from us.

it's an insult. "your mother's pussy" would be the literal translation but that doesn't make any sense in english.

anyway i don't get why manudona says he loves that part

I enjoy his blogs so it's fine. i won't sue him.

Drachen
04-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Manu is Mr. Incredible, he gets down in the paint and just bounces off of everyone, then contorts his body in ways that shouldnt be possible, makes the shot as he hits the floor, then bounces right back up.

Mister Sinister
04-07-2008, 01:02 PM
So you're also known as Hideyori

http://www.poundingtherock.com/story/2008/4/4/184952/1525#commenttop
Yes, yes, this is a copypasta, but I felt I needed to share it.

DAF86
04-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes, yes, this is a copypasta, but I felt I needed to share it.

I thought you're the same guy

Mister Sinister
04-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I thought you're the same guy
I am the same guy. I meant I posted it on PtR first, then copied and pasted it here, because I felt I should share it with all of youse.

DAF86
04-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I am the same guy. I meant I posted it on PtR first, then copied and pasted it here, because I felt I should share it with all of youse.

You did well. I liked it. :tu

Shelly
04-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Bonner = Archie

http://www.grammarmancomic.com/images/pics/archie2.gif

ancestron
04-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Manu is Mr. Fantastic, Kurt Thomas the thing, Parker the human torch, and Fabricio the invisible woman.

I'd say Tim Duncan is Batman.

Mister Sinister
04-07-2008, 01:50 PM
A good alternate for Horry would be Ra's al Ghul, now I think on it. What with the age and the crafty, mm-glayvin.

ancestron
04-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Ra's al ghul is dead. who are you working for...

sabar
04-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Manu is his own counterpart

E20
04-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Manu embodies all teh baddest assest comic book peoples. i.e Galactus, Thanos, Champion of the Universe, Apocolypse etc.............. Pop can be Professor X.

E20
04-08-2008, 09:35 AM
yes but who are their anime counterparts
That's hella easy.
Tim = Goku
Manu = Vegeta
Bruce = Krillen
Kurt = PIccolo
Tony = Yamcha.
Pop = Master Roshi

Brutalis
04-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Thank god it wasn't anime, leave it to the kids.

Yes, nerd topic, but a good nerd topic, had it been a bad nerd topic, I wouldn't have done shit either.

I think Manu is Spiderman. The way he moves and contorts his body around and makes impossible things seem possible.

WalterBenitez
04-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Bonner = Archie

http://www.grammarmancomic.com/images/pics/archie2.gif

:lol

manubili
04-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Duncan: Dr. Manhattan
Manu: Plasticman
Tony: Cyclops (Eva : Jean Grey)
Pop: Xavier!!

Reggie Miller
04-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Eva Longoria = Veronica Lodge

http://www.archiecomics.com/news/images/march2006/veronica169.jpg

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Duncan - Superman. Mild mannered, kinda nerdy by day, but when he changes into his uni there's nobody better.
Manu - Wolverine. He's tough, impossible for his coach or his enemies to control, and at his most dangerous when you piss him off.
Parker - Spiderman. The last name matches, he's married to an actress, and he gets to the lane using superhuman strength, agility, and some kind of spider sense.
Bowen - Doctor Octopus. No one likes him, he defends like he's got an extra set of limbs, and he's so dangerous because he's equally brilliant as he is physically gifted.
Fabs - Nightcrawler. For starters, he's not particularly pretty, and he speaks with an accent. But he's also got a gift for showing up at an exact spot when he needs to be there.
Horry - Bullseye. A cold blooded assassin who never misses.
Bonner - The Juggernaut, bitch!
Stoudamire - Bluntman or Chronic. Possibly both.
Kurt Thomas - Daredevil. A man without fear, and his eyes aren't exactly perfect. Particularly fitting since Horry dropped Nash's ass Elektra style last year when KT was with the Suns.
Brent Barry - Deadpool. He's damn funny and twice as deadly.
Jacque Vaughn - Robin. The ultimate sidekick. He'll never beat the bad guys on his own, but he's damn handy sometimes.
Ime Udoka - Black Panther. What other superhero has kicked that many asses in Africa?
Finley - The Silver Surfer. For starters, silver is pretty close to gray. On top of that he used to work for the biggest asshole in the universe before turning to good.

E20
04-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Manu is not spiderman. He is not emo teen douche who thinks the world hates him.

Mister Sinister
04-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Manu is not spiderman. He is not emo teen douche who thinks the world hates him.
You shut your mouth, Spidey 3 NEVER HAPPENED!

E20
04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
You shut your mouth, Spidey 3 NEVER HAPPENED!
I'm not trying to flame Spidey, but this goes into the comics as well to his orgins. The main thing I've had against Spiderman is that he was made for teenagers, so they can have a comic book character that they can relate with their own problems they have as teens and with that comes with a bunch of emo-esque type stuff, like I need a GF, I need money, why can't I do this, why am I like this? etc........IMO when you're a comic book character you're supposed to be bad ass and fucking punk people ala wolverine or batman.

Mister Sinister
04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm not trying to flame Spidey, but this goes into the comics as well to his orgins. The main thing I've had against Spiderman is that he was made for teenagers, so they can have a comic book character that they can relate with their own problems they have as teens and with that comes with a bunch of emo-esque type stuff, like I need a GF, I need money, why can't I do this, why am I like this? etc........IMO when you're a comic book character you're supposed to be bad ass and fucking punk people ala wolverine or batman.
I need a GF /= an emo sentiment. Also, if every character was a Sniktbub or the God-damn Batman, it'd get boring. Sinister, on the other hand, *that* is a fucking good character.

tp2021
04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Duncan - Superman. Mild mannered, kinda nerdy by day, but when he changes into his uni there's nobody better.
Manu - Wolverine. He's tough, impossible for his coach or his enemies to control, and at his most dangerous when you piss him off.
Parker - Spiderman. The last name matches, he's married to an actress, and he gets to the lane using superhuman strength, agility, and some kind of spider sense.
Bowen - Doctor Octopus. No one likes him, he defends like he's got an extra set of limbs, and he's so dangerous because he's equally brilliant as he is physically gifted.
Fabs - Nightcrawler. For starters, he's not particularly pretty, and he speaks with an accent. But he's also got a gift for showing up at an exact spot when he needs to be there.
Kurt Thomas - Daredevil. A man without fear, and his eyes aren't exactly perfect. Particularly fitting since Horry dropped Nash's ass Elektra style last year when KT was with the Suns.
Jacque Vaughn - Robin. The ultimate sidekick. He'll never beat the bad guys on his own, but he's damn handy sometimes.
Ime Udoka - Black Panther. What other superhero has kicked that many asses in Africa?
Finley - The Silver Surfer. For starters, silver is pretty close to gray. On top of that he used to work for the biggest asshole in the universe before turning to good.

[/thread]

Mister Sinister
04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
No, I still say fuck Supes. He's a godmoding, stuck-up, self-righteous dick. And not a dick in the Tony Stark ha ha way.

BonnerDynasty
04-08-2008, 09:48 PM

Winner :clap

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-08-2008, 09:57 PM
That's hella easy.
Tim = Goku
Manu = Vegeta
Bruce = Krillen
Kurt = PIccolo
Tony = Yamcha.
Pop = Master Roshi
Bruce = Krillen, bullshit.
Krillen was barely even good. Switch Tony to Gohan, and put Trunks on Bowen.

E20
04-09-2008, 12:18 AM
I need a GF /= an emo sentiment. Also, if every character was a Sniktbub or the God-damn Batman, it'd get boring. Sinister, on the other hand, *that* is a fucking good character.
Spiderman is a whiney little douche just accept it.

Spiderman: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why me? Why won't MJ talk to me?

My inital reaction: STFU you web slinging cunt go and fight crime or do something productive. No one wants to listen to your personal problems.

Sinisters character is so secondary he can't do jack shit. He's too weak, cyclops beams always fuck him up, he's always hiding behind some bigger dude to get his genetics work done.

Mister Sinister
04-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Spiderman is a whiney little douche just accept it.

Spiderman: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why me? Why won't MJ talk to me?

My inital reaction: STFU you web slinging cunt go and fight crime or do something productive. No one wants to listen to your personal problems.

Sinisters character is so secondary he can't do jack shit. He's too weak, cyclops beams always fuck him up, he's always hiding behind some bigger dude to get his genetics work done.
Hey, I'm no Spidey fanboy. Me, I prefer Venom. If you haven't, I seriously suggest you read some of his solo stuff, *especially* the Lethal Protector series. As for Sinister, I like him because my first exposure was the old X-Men SatAM, and it stuck from there. Plus, he was pretty fucking badass in AoA. He created Nate Grey, for God's sakes.

Fernando TD21
04-09-2008, 01:58 AM
:toast But I think Duncan is more like Batman.
We should do this to players of other teams too.

Mister Sinister
04-09-2008, 10:20 AM
I thought of another good one for Horry. Deathstroke the Terminator, from DC. Primarily a Teen Titans villain, though he has been in some recent Green Arrow stuff. Also, if JV is Robin, which one is he? Is he Jason Todd, because nobody here likes him, or...?

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-09-2008, 10:45 AM
I thought of another good one for Horry. Deathstroke the Terminator, from DC. Primarily a Teen Titans villain, though he has been in some recent Green Arrow stuff. Also, if JV is Robin, which one is he? Is he Jason Todd, because nobody here likes him, or...?
That'll work for now, though I hope we aren't karmically dooming him to be bludgeoned and blown up by Jack Nicholson if we play the Lakers

Mister Sinister
04-09-2008, 11:04 AM
That'll work for now, though I hope we aren't karmically dooming him to be bludgeoned and blown up by Jack Nicholson if we play the Lakers
That'll only happen if people call the special phone vote hotline :lol.

E20
04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey, I'm no Spidey fanboy. Me, I prefer Venom. If you haven't, I seriously suggest you read some of his solo stuff, *especially* the Lethal Protector series. As for Sinister, I like him because my first exposure was the old X-Men SatAM, and it stuck from there. Plus, he was pretty fucking badass in AoA. He created Nate Grey, for God's sakes.
In Age of Apocolypse Sinister's character was the epitome of a secondary character. Even had the cliche-ness of trying to overthrow his boss, Apocalypse. Also I'll take Cable over Grey, which is just a Professor X with legs.

Mister Sinister
04-09-2008, 05:20 PM
In Age of Apocalypse Sinister's character was the epitome of a secondary character. Even had the cliche-ness of trying to overthrow his boss, Apocalypse. Also I'll take Cable over Grey, which is just a Professor X with legs.
The shit? I thought Nate Grey had reality warping...Oh, wait, no, that was Chuck's kid...Proteus, or whatever. Eh. I like Sinister. So F U :lol

remingtonbo2001
04-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Tim- Green Lantern

Horry- Ghost Rider

Manu- Harvy Birdman (Attorney at Law)